shape
carat
color
clarity

Little Spinel Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am looking for a blue purple spinel but know nothing about these (re: what to look for).
I was sent a few pictures, please PS friends tell me your thoughts or do you have any you like that I would like?
Thank you.

This one is a 1.46 round.

1[1].46_ct..JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
let's see if this works? 2.2 oval blue

2[1].2_ct..jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, the spinel looks really pretty. I absolutely love spinel. What are you planning on making with it?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Skippy, I LOVE the color.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Snap that puppy up!! I think it''s really lovely.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks very sparkley. I think you''ll love the dispersion of a purple blue spinel.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, I picked a different stone; it comes in on Monday. I will try and take pics then. Thank you frends!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2007 2:04:26 PM
Author: africagems
Here''s one for you! Maybe too purple but it''s nice to look at
1.gif
Ummm, where is it?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2007 2:06:31 PM
Author: Chrono

Date: 7/27/2007 2:04:26 PM
Author: africagems
Here''s one for you! Maybe too purple but it''s nice to look at
1.gif
Ummm, where is it?

hehehe, I was wondering the same thing.

Chrono, I love your collection; I drool everytime I see your stones
3.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please take photos when you get it. The spinel I was thinking of getting has been sold. Maybe to you? I hope "my" spinel gets a good home. I''m sure you''ll put it in a lovely setting.

I really would like to know what you think about spinels in general once you get to play with your stone. The idea of dispersion appeals to me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy and Stone Hunter, you guys are making me get the urge to get me a spinel. I actually sold the ring I had with a pink spinel in it. I miss it. I have a channel set band with rose spinel that''s pretty but worried about getting it sized after loosing weight. It''s a 7.5 and I am wearing a size 6 now. I have never gotten used to wearing rings on any finger other than the ring fingers. I want a purple spinel.

I look forward to seeing your finished product, Skippy.
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/28/2007 12:24:47 AM
Author: marcyc
Skippy and Stone Hunter, you guys are making me get the urge to get me a spinel. I actually sold the ring I had with a pink spinel in it. I miss it. I have a channel set band with rose spinel that''s pretty but worried about getting it sized after loosing weight. It''s a 7.5 and I am wearing a size 6 now. I have never gotten used to wearing rings on any finger other than the ring fingers. I want a purple spinel.

I look forward to seeing your finished product, Skippy.
36.gif
Congrats again on the weight loss. Such an accomplishment! I''m leary of eternity bands cause of the resizing thing.

I too am waiting for Skippy to finish her project!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for being excited for me; it should be here Monday. I will be sure to report back. I am nervous, but I was told it is pretty. Stone Hunter and Marcy you should get one! hehe

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
It is a pretty spinel.. I look forward to the pictures!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOo skippy''s branching out into colored stone madness! Yay! I hope to follow your example soon, friend! That spinel you posted and are soon to receive looks divine. Can''t wait to see pics and how you end up setting it! Yum!
36.gif
35.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy,

Can''t wait to see your new little beauty!!!!! Yay for you wanting a colored stone
36.gif
9.gif

Linda

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/27/2007 7:59:19 AM
Looks very sparkley. I think you''ll love the dispersion of a purple blue spinel.
AARRRGH These comments are really not helping me decide what stone/item to buy. I will NOT buy another blue stone right now. I will NOT buy another blue stone right now...

Need green or orange or diamond....must resist blue spinel....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2007 4:32:43 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

Date: 7/27/2007 7:59:19 AM
AARRRGH These comments are really not helping me decide what stone/item to buy. I will NOT buy another blue stone right now. I will NOT buy another blue stone right now...

Need green or orange or diamond....must resist blue spinel....
Did you see the pretty blue purple ones that Richard Martin posted in the gallery? They are pretty! hehe
2.gif

Thanks Linda, Monnie Simplysplendid and Stonehunter. I let let you know tomorrow and see if I can take some pics.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I''d really like to see the pictures of YOUR spinel. I hope it''s a knockout!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I received the stone. It was beautiful and was well cut, but I did not love the color. The vendor was super nice when I told him I wanted to send it back. He is going to be on the look out for a stone for me. Oh well.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh boooooo!!! There will be more. I love spinel. They are such sparkly little stones.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry you didn''t like the color. Hopefully you''ll find one that you love soon.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry Skippy. I hope you find one you like soon. I love that ring. It''s so stunning!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2007 1:54:33 AM
Author: Gypsy
I''m sorry Skippy. I hope you find one you like soon. I love that ring. It''s so stunning!
Ditto!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I am so so sorry.
7.gif
Did you like the cut and the size? Was it just too pale a color?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stone I bought but returned isn't the light one I have linked Stone Hunter. It was purple blue outside but darker color inside the house. It was a 1.46 carat but it looked small to me so I think I need to go for a larger stone. I think I will hold out for the perfect color and size.

I actually found a gorgeous diamond haloed tanzanite ring and hubby told me to buy it if I really want it. I just heard bad things about Tanzanite chipping or scratching.
20.gif
I am thinking I should just wait but I loved the look of the unusual baguette haloed tanzanite; yum!
I wish I wasn't so unsure about all this stone buying; diamonds are much easier in my opinion.
34.gif

Thanks for all your super sweet wishes, Marcy, Chrono, Monarch, Linda, Stone Hunter, Gypsy, Miranda, Simplysplendid, and Snlee. Thanks for your support friends
35.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I agree that diamonds seem to be easier to buy. Very little in the way of color choices and you don''t have to worry about how hard a stone it is.

Do hold out for what you really want as long as you can.

I have a Tanz ring but I don''t wear it much because it needs to be treated so gently. I love it and the color though, kind of a royal blue.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy,

I know you will find the perfect stone.

You are right. Tanzanite is such a soft stone. I only wear mine on special occasions, then I guard it with my life HA!!!!! I am always afraid of banging it and scratching it.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results