shape
carat
color
clarity

lilygirl did it! Presenting Big Poppa

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
I love it! I love warmer stones also congrats on the upgrade.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad you love the new stone! :appl: It is beautiful! :love:

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone and beautiful hands!!

lily1120

Shiny_Rock
thank you so much everyone, I am super happy and it's so nice to hear such nice things from you all! Now let me see if i can answer all your questions...

-no i do not have pics of the just the pink diamond band, unfortunately it is really thin and small and i just cant capture good picks of it :si :(sad .

-I would love to reveal the bench except i dont remember his name and he's not really accessible. See i live in NYC and was at Old World diamonds offices finalizing the purchase of Big Popa talking to Adam who im friendly with and told him how Leon didnt get back to me and how i really wanted find somebody who could "grow" my setting because I wanted to keep it and everyone i had contacted told me I needed a new setting. He surprised me by taking a look at my ring and saying "oh my bench can do this, he's the best in the city". I couldnt believe it would be that easy but i said sure and down 5th avenue we went about a block to drop by the bench. He took a look at my ring for a nerve wracking minute and then said " ya i can do it" - He had it ready by the next morning and it looks like it was never touched. Not even Leon could tell the difference lol. Best part- it was free! not the bench nor Adam/OWD charged me a thing and literally i dropped the ring and new stone wed night and it was on my finger by Fri morn!

- my old stone went back to OWD, they honored the exåct price i paid for 2 yrs ago so out of pocket i only paid 900$ for the upgrade.

i think thats it! :appl:

lily1120

Shiny_Rock
Zahra! Thank you so much for your post it made me feel so special that my "guy" garnered your comments! and im sooo exited for you and your sure to be gorgeous new ring! Pink diamonds are my first love and oec/omc's are my second,( i detest really white stones i'm just a person who loves color) and you get both, like me!! except yours is a giant lol. Cant wait to take a look at it when it's ready make sure to post it. thanks again for your kind words have a fabulous day and week and wait. :bigsmile:

lily1120

Shiny_Rock
thanks Diamondseeker and not just for your comment but your help you sweet, sweet lady :tongue:

Piglet9j7

Shiny_Rock
Your stone is amazing. I would love to hear more about your experience with Adam at OWD. Sounds like an amazing place!! Congrats!

lily1120

Shiny_Rock
They are the best Piglet- Adam is my go to guy but everyone there seems great. I got my original stone from him 2 years ago, smooth sailing. This yr i told him how i felt about wanting a permanent upgrade that was just a tad bit bigger and he totally got it and started looking. I live in NYC so it was easy for me to go to their offices on 5th ave and browse through all the stones personally once a week- he would put the maybe stones aside for me and i would look at them again along with new stones he had for me. SO FUN! He even let me see huge stones no one can afford, like 3 million dollar gems and then some lol. OWD also honors the exact price you pay for your stone if you upgrade with them in the future, needless to say that's the BEST upgrade policy anyone could hope for. Once we zero-d in on MY stone, he let me have it at home for about a week so i could see it in all lighting conditions before purchasing. When i expressed concern over it not having a cert(most of their stone are EGL certed but some are not) he worked out a lower price for me since neither of us wanted to go through the hassle of getting it certed. All in all the experience with them could not be better. Adam truly cares about making sure you're happy, whatever your happy is- for me it was a less costly stone. If I ever upgrade again which is not likely but who knows how ill feel when im 40, 50 OWD is def gonna be it for me : )

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
*sigh* Such a gorgeous stone! I also LOVE warmer colored diamonds- esp cushions and OECs... They're just so romantic. I love the way your pink eternity looks with it- the color is very complimentary to your stone!

Janae335i

Rough_Rock
Hi - you're set is beautiful!!! Do you know how thick the bands are (1.5-2mm??) I'd love to know! Also I'd LOVE to see some side shots of the setting :love:

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!!!!! Soooooo pretty!!!

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! :love: It looks HUGE on your finger! :love:

Hugs,
MDS

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your new diamond and your set looks lovely on your hands.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your upgrade!! All the recent warm antique cushions posted on here really make me want one! :appl:

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! That size looks great on your hand!!

I don't mean to threadjack....but ZahraLeyla...ahem...did you say 4 carats :love: ....in a double halo :lickout: .

lily1120

Shiny_Rock
thanks everybody for the comments on the set and my hands :tongue:

Janae- the engagement ring is a 1.4 width, the pink band 1.6 mm.

mydiamondsparkles: i promise you the ring loooks SO much bigger in pictures than in real life. i would say about 20-30% bigger. it drives me crazy cause when i stare at my diamond in pictures for too long once i look at down at the real thing in my hand it looks small! and even though it's my own picture i think " i want a ring as big as she has" lol :cheeky:

lily1120

Shiny_Rock
ok.. not to ressurrect a dead thread but i just took some of the best pictures EVeR! and the only people who wouldn't mind my craziness is you guys- :naughty:

photo-10.JPG

lily1120

Shiny_Rock
1 more...

photo-8.JPG

photo-6.JPG

photo-7.JPG

lily1120

Shiny_Rock
ok now I'm done. Ahhh do i love this lil guy...

photo-9.JPG

photo-11.JPG

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
YUm! That is one fantastic ring!! So happy that you are enjoying it!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
You can resurrect this thread anytime you want with pictures like those! Just gorgeous! :love:

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I love your new ring and it looks great with the pink diamond band! I'm glad that you had such a great experience with OWD, I didn't realize that he had a shop in NYC and what amazing customer service to just take care of it for you! I'm so impressed. The faceting on your stone is really lovely as well - and if I had that rock and your lovely hands I'd stare at myself too!!!

*I just ordered a little pink diamond band myself, I hope I like it when it comes. :devil:

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I love the antique lace/vanilla yumminess of warm diamonds!!!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond is absolutely gorgeous and your rings look lovely together. Never too many pictures!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Lily....your rings are gorgeous......I also love the pink band. Could you tell me if your's is 1/2 eternity or full? :wavey:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Winternight-

Where did you end up getting your pink band from? (sorry to hijack, Lily!!!)

lily1120

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everybody for the sweet comments. lol @ sparkly OEC! Taylorbug- it's a half eternity. i like the plain shank on the bottom because having a toddler and cooking and cleaning all day my hands get SO dry that i have to cream up constantly and i like not to have to take my rings off every time.

Winternight- yes i have to say OWD is the absolute best. Right now a great quality diamond cleaner is being sent my way for free just because i asked Adam who i bought my stones from to recommend one.Cant wait to go back in a few weeks to get me some antique stones for studs! this gal is turning 30 in March and i want to give myself a present!

Tuffylover- your words describe what i wanted exactly, warm vanilla yumminess lol. Actually i even wish it was a bit MoRe yellow because the truth is in most lighting it looks pretty white.

thanks all!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
lily1120|1329005409|3124291 said:
ok now I'm done. Ahhh do i love this lil guy...

great pictures! Truly a stunning ring :)

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply beautiful :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results