shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox has a countdown

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I believe it! I’m waiting for the end of the year and get the princess cut earrings. I was torturing myself about getting them because they would turn and I would always be fixing them. I realized that only bothered me if they were fairly big. I don’t think the 1 ctw ones with bother me at all..I was a bad girl this year so making myself behave..Come the end of the year I’ll be getting some new sparklies..:appl:
I'm not even sure I'll keep them but I have a feeling another PSer will take them off my hands if they're not quite what I had in mind. I don't have any diamond studs despite intending to get some these past five years, and I had imagined something slightly larger. But maybe these will be just right!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The 1 ct princess pendant and 1 ct studs are both in stock right now.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
It's amazing the way things appear and disappear from the site, but it seems the pink princess halo pendant, pink princess bezel pendant, and pink princess 1ct studs are finally available for sale. There's still hope for that 1ct halo pendant! Any day now.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
The three stone blue and pink pendants are now available. That makes the 1ct halo the only item on the site that has never been for sale. So it has to be next on the docket, right?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The three stone blue and pink pendants are now available. That makes the 1ct halo the only item on the site that has never been for sale. So it has to be next on the docket, right?
If you go to Lightbox on Twitter it has lots of pics. There are other designs that haven’t come on yet..one of them are the 1 carat princess cut studs which I plan on getting at Christmas if they have them then. Still on the fence but looks like it may be a while anyway.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@vintageloves, the 1 cttw round white halo pendant was for sale for a very short amount of time on the day the site opened. I would have one except that my credit card companies flagged my attempted purchases as potentially fraudulent because of the dollar amount and the fact that it was listed as an out of country purchase. Not to mention LightBox's many glitches on their site as they were slammed with purchases.

I hope they will eventually sell a 1 ct. round clear solitaire.

ETA - I am sure of this because I checked with my credit card companies (I had tried 3 cards) and the dollar amounts of the rejected charges match with the cost of the necklace.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@vintageloves Are you waiting for the 1 carat halo and planning to keep it as is or remove the center and reset it into something? Just curious what your plans are!

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
@frogplus I'm not actually waiting for the 1ct halo. I'm just excited for all the other people who are! It seemed to be the most coveted piece before Lightbox launched. Someone here should totally buy it and report back. You know, for science.

@Mamabean I have been stalking the lightbox instagram for months :geek2:. My favorite piece is a two stone drop pendant that they've shown a couple of times but has never appeared on the site. I'm still holding out hope. It's the top one here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BopSLzYhpuG/?taken-by=lightboxjewelry

@kindred I still tend to believe the fact that it seemed to be for sale that first day was a glitch in itself because it hasn't come back in stock or said more on the way and has at times disappeared altogether. However, my super sluething skills have lead me to conclude that these might be 1ct clear and pink solitaires. https://www.instagram.com/p/BoU8rj_hylK/?taken-by=lightboxjewelry

I got flagged for my purchase, because of the out of country thing, and I was able to straighten that out but also got hit with a 3% foreign transaction tax. Does anyone know how to get around this?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean I have been stalking the lightbox instagram for months :geek2:. My favorite piece is a two stone drop pendant that they've shown a couple of times but has never appeared on the site. I'm still holding out hope. It's the top one here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BopSLzYhpuG/?taken-by=lightboxjewelry
I saw that today when I was searching twitter..I love that design.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
The 1 carat halo is what I initially wanted and I was so bummed when I opened the website 20 minutes after launch and it was sold out. But I ended up with the half carat for $400 less and now I'm so happy I did! The half carat is plenty big enough for me and now that I have it, I wouldn't pay another $400 for .88 or even a full 1 carat even if it were available. I love my dainty little half carat and I can't wait to get it set!!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
465A5FE3-76C2-43C2-A497-34122A466378.jpeg
Free dipping is definitely a plus. Just took a car pic at dusk so maybe not the best lighting. The aurora designer one is on my pinky. Less than half carat size 4.5 engagement ring and band, for your reference.

Hey there @MelloYello8 ! I am thinking about getting a band from Aurora Designer, are you still happy with yours? I'm having a hard time deciding as pretty much everything is made to order so some risk involved if you don't like it. TIA!

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Hey there @MelloYello8 ! I am thinking about getting a band from Aurora Designer, are you still happy with yours? I'm having a hard time deciding as pretty much everything is made to order so some risk involved if you don't like it. TIA!
I’ve had it for less than two months but have been wearing it daily with no issues despite being knocked around on my size 2.25 pinky. It’s surprisingly sturdy for how thin and small it is, and I’ve noticed that the seller specifies when a ring is really too delicate and should only be stacked. The melee diamonds in my ring are tiny, maybe one pointers, so it’s hard to say what the quality is for larger stones. That said the tiny diamonds are about as white and sparkly as the melee I have in jewelry from higher end designers (eg Tiffany). The only thing I would be cautious of is some of the gold colors offered as it seems to be from plating vice the actual alloy. I was really tempted by black gold but it seemed like something that would eventually need replating and that’s not something most local jewelers would be able to do.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve had it for less than two months but have been wearing it daily with no issues despite being knocked around on my size 2.25 pinky. It’s surprisingly sturdy for how thin and small it is, and I’ve noticed that the seller specifies when a ring is really too delicate and should only be stacked. The melee diamonds in my ring are tiny, maybe one pointers, so it’s hard to say what the quality is for larger stones. That said the tiny diamonds are about as white and sparkly as the melee I have in jewelry from higher end designers (eg Tiffany). The only thing I would be cautious of is some of the gold colors offered as it seems to be from plating vice the actual alloy. I was really tempted by black gold but it seemed like something that would eventually need replating and that’s not something most local jewelers would be able to do.

Thank you! Yeah I noticed the few complaints had to do with warping a thin band but not a lot of comments on the quality of the stones one way or another. People seem very happy with the workmanship. Might start with one and see. Very cute ring!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've ordered a few of the 1 carat princess cuts and put them in rings. Here are two that are finished. I have another one being set currently. I'm dying to get another of the 1 carat pink diamonds!
IMG_20181010_164814.jpg IMG_20181011_153632.jpg IMG_20181011_154825.jpg
Wow! The cut looks incredible! Do you mind telling me who set your stones? That’s the one thing that bothers me..trying to figure out who would set them. Who designed your rings? Thank you for posting pics!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both of these settings were originally purchased from Jared. I purchase them as estate pieces, set stones in them, and resell them for reasonable prices. The halo ring is a Scott Kay design.
Thank you..They look huge! I was thinking of getting 1 carat for each stud..If they ever come out with the white princess studs in the 1ctw..I may get those instead.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
On instagram, lightbox claims they will be offering rings and yellow gold starting in 2019. I don't know about anyone else, but I would love to have a right hand lightbox ring.
Definitely! I’m hoping they all vary their diamond sizes and shapes too...I realize not over on carat each..but combined..I want .75 each princess studs..

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On instagram, lightbox claims they will be offering rings and yellow gold starting in 2019. I don't know about anyone else, but I would love to have a right hand lightbox ring.
I thought they said they weren't going to offer rings?

Have they realised that (d'uh!) demand is quite high and some people don't care about mined vs MMD? lol

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
I thought they said they weren't going to offer rings?

Have they realised that (d'uh!) demand is quite high and some people don't care about mined vs MMD? lol

DeBeers also said they would never sell lab diamonds in the very recent past before the Lightbox.

They definitely said they won't sell rings, and now the history repeats with another flip-flop. I suppose they realized they can't stop people from re-purposing the stones for rings and changed the strategy to just go with the market demand.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
Lightbox has finally added the white halo pendant to their site... and it's 1/2 ctw. There's also a 1/2 ct princess and 3/8 ct white solitaire. Because that's what we were all clamoring for-- smaller versions of what they already offer.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish they would come out with 1.50 ctw princess cut earrings. I see white princess studs on Instagram but no white ones on their site to purchase. I think the 1 ctw are too small and the 1 carat each made from pendants would be too big. I’m leaning now towards mined but I am holding out. I emailed them twice but they won’t answer when they are coming out with white princess studs. It’s so annoying. I want to know so I can make a decision!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just received this response from them..I really don’t like that they don’t answer you personally and answer the question. It looks like I’ll have to make my decision next year!
577750D8-334C-4C46-86CA-536193559E13.png

Last edited:

Jill Smith

Rough_Rock
Trade
Has anyone else noticed that the 1 carat pink princess cut is no longer an option in the drop down menu? The 1 carat total weight round halo has also entirely disappeared from the website. I wonder if they will ever come back, or if DeBeers has realized that they're almost all being pulled and put into rings and they're direclty undercutting mined diamond sales for engagement rings, which they kept reassuring jewelers wouldn't be the case.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Has anyone else noticed that the 1 carat pink princess cut is no longer an option in the drop down menu? The 1 carat total weight round halo has also entirely disappeared from the website. I wonder if they will ever come back, or if DeBeers has realized that they're almost all being pulled and put into rings and they're direclty undercutting mined diamond sales for engagement rings, which they kept reassuring jewelers wouldn't be the case.
Their website looks so disorganized without much inventory. I’m sure it’s some kind of marketing strategy but it’s ticking me off and it takes a lot for me to get that way. It’s frustrating... It may be working because I’m getting to the point of saying forget it and get mined.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Yep. Half carat solitaire engagement ring for <$800 checking in! (No pics yet... It's finished but I haven't seen it yet. Waiting for a surprise proposal...) :roll2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep. Half carat solitaire engagement ring for <$800 checking in! (No pics yet... It's finished but I haven't seen it yet. Waiting for a surprise proposal...) :roll2:
I was just thinking about you...You must be going crazy waiting!

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I was just thinking about you...You must be going crazy waiting!

It's tough! Just trying to keep myself distracted with other things, it's completely out of my hands now.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's tough! Just trying to keep myself distracted with other things, it's completely out of my hands now.
You will certainly be surprised be surprised so that’s a good thing! I’m thinking maybe Christmas? New Years? I’m so excited for you!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their website looks so disorganized without much inventory. I’m sure it’s some kind of marketing strategy but it’s ticking me off and it takes a lot for me to get that way. It’s frustrating... It may be working because I’m getting to the point of saying forget it and get mined.
Time to check out what Rhino might be able to get you ;-)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Time to check out what Rhino might be able to get you ;-)
Yes..but I’m looking for princess cut earrings in lab diamonds...and he isn’t doing that now..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results