shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox has a countdown

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@frogplus, I am so sorry! I'll bet their servers (or credit card validation company) were not up to handling all of the traffic that they got. This reminds me of trying to get decent concert tickets at Ticketmaster.com right at release time back in the late 90s and early aughts. So many server problems, so much refreshing of browser windows.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
So my order went through finally... I called my card company and they had flagged it as fraud even though I specifically called to make sure they wouldn't. Ridiculous. Once they fixed it my order went through.

This was a really disappointing experience overall so I'm just hoping it ships when they say it will (paid a little extra for overnight shipping so that it'll get here tomorrow and I'll be able to take it to the jeweler on Saturday.)

Now need to figure out if half carat is going to be big enough to make me happy. Last week I was happy with a diamond from my local jeweler that was .67 so idk.

Do you think the difference between .5 and .67 is big? I felt like when I was looking there was a huge difference between .5 and .75, but not a huge difference between .75 and 1. I just don't want to feel like it's too small after I have it set in a ring and it's too late to return.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So my order went through finally... I called my card company and they had flagged it as fraud even though I specifically called to make sure they wouldn't. Ridiculous. Once they fixed it my order went through.

This was a really disappointing experience overall so I'm just hoping it ships when they say it will (paid a little extra for overnight shipping so that it'll get here tomorrow and I'll be able to take it to the jeweler on Saturday.)

Now need to figure out if half carat is going to be big enough to make me happy. Last week I was happy with a diamond from my local jeweler that was .67 so idk.

Do you think the difference between .5 and .67 is big? I felt like when I was looking there was a huge difference between .5 and .75, but not a huge difference between .75 and 1. I just don't want to feel like it's too small after I have it set in a ring and it's too late to return.
I don’t think you should settle. This would be a good opportunity to see if you like the lab diamond. Then you can return it..If you like it then hold on to see if they will be offering the one carat again. People make returns because of buyers remorse. There is a big difference between .50 and .75..I know you’re wanting to get it done but you will be wearing this diamond for a long time..possibly always..Please don’t settle..Wait a while longer..

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean I definitely don't want to settle and the only reason I bought the .5 right now is like you said to look at it and see the quality and size in person. I'm not at all opposed to returning it if I'm not thrilled when I see it. On the other hand, I originally started wanting something .5 or under and that number started creeping up. I just spent the last 15 minutes browsing half carat solitaires on size 4.5 fingers (or similar) and honestly it doesn't look too small to me.
Now that I paid $500 for .5 carat, I'm not even sure if I would want to pay almost double for .88 or one carat even if it were available. This whole process started with me thinking no more than $1k for a ring, so this might be a blessing in disguise that I end up with something I love for the original (ridiculous) budget I started with.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What’s really weird is if you search Lightbox on twitter..and I don’t even go on there..just searched Lightbox..It shows all the other items we saw that’s not on the site today. They will most likely come out with other things...They’re just not ready. I wanted princess studs and there’s actually a pic of them in white on Twitter..so I’m basically going to keep checking..
@frogplus Once you take the halo off the stone will be significantly smaller..so just make sure..If you’re happy then that’s all that matters. My first diamond was .60..

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@frogplus, with a size 4.5 finger, I think a .5 ct will look fairly large. I don't think you should settle for something that you won't be happy with, but I also know that price has been a big consideration for you, so I think it's good that you ordered the .5 ct at least to look at it. Maybe you can try on a .5 and approx. .65 ct on when you go to the jeweler? I'll be anxious to hear what you think of the diamond.

I called another one of my credit card companies and they had put a block on my card (back when the 1 cttw. was still available). They took it off and waited on the phone while I tried to place the order. Still no luck with multiple messages including a new one: "no match". They said it was not declining on their end so must be the website's fault.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean I got the solitaire in .5 not the halo. So it should be close to .5.

I assume they will eventually offer the full carat solitaire for $900, I just can't handle the waiting and not knowing. I've been waiting to talk to my boyfriend about marriage, then waiting for LB to launch. When I finally get the ring I'm going to be waiting for him to propose. All this waiting is killing me. If I knew the one carat would be available on a certain date, I could decide if I want to wait. As is, the way they teased this launch, I just can't handle the not knowing.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@kindred I really think and hope you are right that this size will be perfect for me, and going DOWN in price always makes me very happy! Lol

Did you try closing all your browsers and starting fresh? Or even try ordering it incognito mode? As soon as my card unlocked my card, the next purchase attempt went through so the website is (sometimes) allowing orders to go through. Keep trying.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean I got the solitaire in .5 not the halo. So it should be close to .5.

I assume they will eventually offer the full carat solitaire for $900, I just can't handle the waiting and not knowing. I've been waiting to talk to my boyfriend about marriage, then waiting for LB to launch. When I finally get the ring I'm going to be waiting for him to propose. All this waiting is killing me. If I knew the one carat would be available on a certain date, I could decide if I want to wait. As is, the way they teased this launch, I just can't handle the not knowing.
I definitely understand. I’m glad it is the one without the halo..It will be easier to judge the size. Let us know when you get it!

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
.5 ct. clear solitaire necklace is now sold out. :boohoo:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I originally started wanting something .5 or under and that number started creeping up.
Welcome to The PriceScope Effect ;)) :lol:

@Mamabean I assume they will eventually offer the full carat solitaire for $900, I just can't handle the waiting and not knowing. I've been waiting to talk to my boyfriend about marriage, then waiting for LB to launch. When I finally get the ring I'm going to be waiting for him to propose. All this waiting is killing me. If I knew the one carat would be available on a certain date, I could decide if I want to wait. As is, the way they teased this launch, I just can't handle the not knowing.
You know, in these enlightened times, you don't have to wait for him to ask you - you could ask him ;-)

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@kindred OMG. I'm so sorry. I wonder when they will start to have these items available again, and the others they teased. What a total shitshow. They really messed up this launch.

@OoohShiny Haha, I know I could but that's where I draw the line. I've done all the research and shopping, and I was even going to pay for the ring myself when I was looking at spending $2-3k. Although now that I'm potentially getting a stone and having it set separately, I think he's going to pay for the setting. But I told him from the beginning, I'Il do all the leg work, but you need to put some thought into a real proposal!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
They just added new items!

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
I ordered the 1ctw studs and my credit card was declined so I used my debit. It came back with the “oops” page so I refreshed and then my processed order confirmation appeared.
Can’t wait!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered the 1ctw studs and my credit card was declined so I used my debit. It came back with the “oops” page so I refreshed and then my processed order confirmation appeared.
Can’t wait!
Ooh, excellent!

Can't wait to hear your feedback on them :)

Do you have an ASETscope or IdealScope to check them out??

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My first ering diamond was a .46 I believe.
It was beautiful ! Many happy memories :)
I hope it comes soon and you add lots of pics!!

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
@Mamabean I definitely don't want to settle and the only reason I bought the .5 right now is like you said to look at it and see the quality and size in person. I'm not at all opposed to returning it if I'm not thrilled when I see it. On the other hand, I originally started wanting something .5 or under and that number started creeping up. I just spent the last 15 minutes browsing half carat solitaires on size 4.5 fingers (or similar) and honestly it doesn't look too small to me.
Now that I paid $500 for .5 carat, I'm not even sure if I would want to pay almost double for .88 or one carat even if it were available. This whole process started with me thinking no more than $1k for a ring, so this might be a blessing in disguise that I end up with something I love for the original (ridiculous) budget I started with.
Funny, I wear the same size and also took the lead in choosing rings for us. There were far less lab options at the time so I chose the biggest available at greenkarat (long out of business) which was a .44 ct solitaire and I still wear it daily and love it over a decade later. I have no intention of ever upgrading it. Maybe you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They just added new items!
I hope they get what I need soon added!
I am trying to restrain from ordering the 1ctw studs

Must wait. :eek-2::whistle::twisted2:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait!

I am going to need pics! Lots of them!

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
I will post LOTS of pics. I do not have an ASET nor an Ideal Scope but my husband just said I should order one of them. I do have a BGD to compare them to, even if it is larger it will be a nice comparison.

I think I should order the ASET over the Ideal Scope, what do you guys think?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes!! But get them both

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
The items I had my eye on are still around-- the blue halo, the pink solitaire, and the blue moon-- and my husband thinks I should order, but the stories about all the glitches are putting me off. What if the next glitch is with their shipping and processing? Maybe I'll wait for them to get their act together. That and I know the two-stone pendant will come on the site eventually.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will post LOTS of pics. I do not have an ASET nor an Ideal Scope but my husband just said I should order one of them. I do have a BGD to compare them to, even if it is larger it will be a nice comparison.

I think I should order the ASET over the Ideal Scope, what do you guys think?
Thank you! :))

I would vote for ASET - it's more useful in assessing cut quality / consistency of angles, if I understand things correctly :)

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Just got my shipping confirmation email.
Order confirmation email at 6:15am. Shipping confirmation email at 9:21am. I paid the extra $10 for express overnight shipping.

I'm planning to just make my own assessment of it and then take it to my jeweler on Saturday to look at settings and ask what they think of the quality. Are there things I can ask them to check? Do jewelers have ASET or idealscope machines, or whatever it is you guys are talking about? (Pretty clueless!) Can they assess it at all while it's in the silver setting it comes in? I definitely plan to ask them to measure it at some point (weight and diameter) but I'm not taking it out of the setting until I'm certain I won't be returning it, and I'll probably wait until I hear some expert opinion here before I make that call.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Literally obsessed with looking at half carat solitaires right now. I started a photo album full of screenshots from weddingbee. I think half carat is going to be so perfect for me.

Really glad I paid extra for overnight shipping, I'm so excited to see it! If it looks bad I'm going to crawl in a hole and stay there all weekend. :lol:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can’t believe I woke up at 2am for the launch but my curiosity got the better of me. :lol:

I had hoped to pick up the 1 carat halo but those definitely went in a flash. Ended up getting the half carat pendant and a pair of blue earrings. Looks like Lightbox is releasing batches of items over time though. The 1 carat princess was sold out earlier and they’re back in stock again. Now I have two shipments coming. :whistle:

It’s a shame they didn’t add PayPal and Amazon payment options - I used Apple Pay on my second order and it went through without any hiccup. Now I just need to sit on my hands till they arrive. I’m really curious how these stones will perform on the ASET and Ideal scopes.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stonewell. Please come back with lots of pics of the blue earrings. I would like to get one of their blue diamonds, but am waiting as the color looks different in some of the pics.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just got my shipping confirmation email.
Order confirmation email at 6:15am. Shipping confirmation email at 9:21am. I paid the extra $10 for express overnight shipping.

I'm planning to just make my own assessment of it and then take it to my jeweler on Saturday to look at settings and ask what they think of the quality. Are there things I can ask them to check? Do jewelers have ASET or idealscope machines, or whatever it is you guys are talking about? (Pretty clueless!) Can they assess it at all while it's in the silver setting it comes in? I definitely plan to ask them to measure it at some point (weight and diameter) but I'm not taking it out of the setting until I'm certain I won't be returning it, and I'll probably wait until I hear some expert opinion here before I make that call.
I’m not sure a local jeweler who could potentially sell you a mined diamond to give you an honest opinion on a lab diamond he didn’t sell you. Also, sterling silver scratches easily..Don’t let him use metal tweezers to hold it or it will scratch and you won’t be able to return it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Literally obsessed with looking at half carat solitaires right now. I started a photo album full of screenshots from weddingbee. I think half carat is going to be so perfect for me.

Really glad I paid extra for overnight shipping, I'm so excited to see it! If it looks bad I'm going to crawl in a hole and stay there all weekend. :lol:
I expect it will be beautiful..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results