shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
0454E543-2E42-4971-B70A-F5B3379CEE12.jpeg 6BA919C6-44FC-4F56-8DA2-67871A503A9F.jpeg
Hello ladies and gents, I’m looking for a little help. I popped into vca and Cartier last week to look for a little pick me up band thought I may get a pinky finger ring. What would you pick juc or trinity??

They both look great on you. I might order the JUC an edge more for a pinky ring. Super cute!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am now having analysis paralysis again!:rolleyes: Can anyone help me out please?

I returned the VCA Guilloche bracelet bc when I last visited them I saw the pave RG + grey MOP bracelet and I fell in love with it, and VCA has kindly said I could pay the difference and get the latter. Now, I also like the matching earrings. Now, my partner doesn't like dangling earrings and even though I'd be the one wearing them, I wonder if I'd be put off by his reaction every time I wore them.

That brings me to the next possibility/ alternative. The magic sized Alhambra earrings. I've been lusting after them for a while - though I still can't decide between WG and YG. I like the design of the YG better but I prefer RG to YG. Alas, they don't make these in RG. WG is also more practical since most of my jewellery is white - in Pt or WG, but again I don't love the design as much in WG as in YG.

The third possibility is the Perlee Clover bracelet in WG. I have this bracelet in RG and absolutely adore it, and have been thinking about getting one in WG too.

So, PS'ers, which should I get?

Pics below.
1708146.png.adapt.1070.1070.png

1708149.png.adapt.1070.1070.png

1627061.png.adapt.1070.1070.png

1626492.png.adapt.1070.1070.png

1627020.png.adapt.1070.1070.png

Last edited:

amoline

Shiny_Rock
My vote for the earrings is the yellow gold. - And, part of my chuckling inspiration for saying this is a quip from my grandfather: "Gold was meant to be one color -- GOLD!" -- I feel like despite being YG it could still pair well with a lot of other pieces.

A pass on the bracelet just because you already have one, and I've always held the belief of there is enough jewelry out there to desire, no need to duplicate pieces.

But, that said, you've chosen such great VCA pieces, anyway, that I don't think you'll go too wrong no matter what. =)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I might say that you are ready to move on to greater things - VCA or not.

Would the earrings be accepted if the MOB attachments were fixed - or almost fixed, rather than moving distractingly? They could be fixed (pun).

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How and when would you wear each? I would choose the one I would wear most. And you should eliminate the ones you don’t love.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might say that you are ready to move on to greater things - VCA or not.

Would the earrings be accepted if the MOB attachments were fixed - or almost fixed, rather than moving distractingly? They could be fixed (pun).

Not sure I understand the bolded part, lol.

The attachment cannot be fixed to be stationary, it's meant to move freely.

Reactions: AV_

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How and when would you wear each? I would choose the one I would wear most. And you should eliminate the ones you don’t love.

I would wear each of them all the time, casually and dressed up. And I love them all, lol.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I cannot tell whether you are delighted to be choosing among VCA styles, or bored - ie. ready to move on to other choices that are attractive enough to not be in doubt at all.
-
Abought the attachments:
the earrings could be modified with little intervention - replacing the chain with a narrow link, almost stationary. This is reversible, but I do not know how altered VCA pieces are perceived...

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The matching set in Grey mop is soooooooo pretty. I wouldn't wear the earrings on a date night with dh, but personally wouldn't exclude a piece I love just because it's not exactly dh's taste. It's not your only piece of jewelry, so lots of options when he is around. That's just me, though, and ymmv.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am now having analysis paralysis again!:rolleyes: Can anyone help me out please?

I returned the VCA Guilloche bracelet bc when I last visited them I saw the pave RG + grey MOP bracelet and I fell in love with it, and VCA has kindly said I could pay the difference and get the latter. Now, I also like the matching earrings. Now, my partner doesn't like dangling earrings and even though I'd be the one wearing them, I wonder if I'd be put off by his reaction every time I wore them.

That brings me to the next possibility/ alternative. The magic sized Alhambra earrings. I've been lusting after them for a while - though I still can't decide between WG and YG. I like the design of the YG better but I prefer RG to YG. Alas, they don't make these in RG. WG is also more practical since most of my jewellery is white - in Pt or WG, but again I don't love the design as much in WG as in YG.

The third possibility is the Perlee Clover bracelet in WG. I have this bracelet in RG and absolutely adore it, and have been thinking about getting one in WG too.

Pics below.

I have to say I’m a sucker for matching sets. My choice would be the white gold and diamond Alhambra earrings and perlee bracelet to wear with your rose gold bracelet. However, did you not want a new larger single stone step cut diamond ring? I personally was distracting myself with Cartier pinky rings but if I’m truly honest with myself I really want diamond earrings. Now that I think I’ve found my dream pair, the desire for the pinky ring has gone. Whatever you choose will be beautiful. Have fun picking :razz:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Pics below.

I have to say I’m a sucker for matching sets. My choice would be the white gold and diamond Alhambra earrings and perlee bracelet to wear with your rose gold bracelet. However, did you not want a new larger single stone step cut diamond ring? I personally was distracting myself with Cartier pinky rings but if I’m truly honest with myself I really want diamond earrings. Now that I think I’ve found my dream pair, the desire for the pinky ring has gone. Whatever you choose will be beautiful. Have fun picking :razz:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot tell whether you are delighted to be choosing among VCA styles, or bored - ie. ready to move on to other choices that are attractive enough to not be in doubt at all.
-
Abought the attachments:
the earrings could be modified with little intervention - replacing the chain with a narrow link, almost stationary. This is reversible, but I do not know how altered VCA pieces are perceived...

Lol. I can tell you something for certain: I am not bored with VCA at all. If anything, I am even more enamoured by the brand the more pieces I see and try on. Today, I went to my local boutique with my partner and we both like the Alhambra vintage pave 5-motif WG bracelet. He liked the magic Alhambra earrings in YG better than the WG version and I must say I did too. So now the choice is between the WG pave bracelet and the magic earrings in YG, with both of us liking the former the best.

I wouldn't do anything to alter any of my VCA. It'd void all the pieces and I wouldn't be able to take them back for repair or servicing. Anyway, even if I wanted to change a design, VCA would refuse to do that, I believe. And I wouldn't let anyone but VCA touch my VCA pieces.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The matching set in Grey mop is soooooooo pretty. I wouldn't wear the earrings on a date night with dh, but personally wouldn't exclude a piece I love just because it's not exactly dh's taste. It's not your only piece of jewelry, so lots of options when he is around. That's just me, though, and ymmv.

I understand what you're saying. At the end of the day, I am the one wearing my jewellery and I shouldn't care whether other people like them or not, partner or no partner, lol. I just prefer it if he likes what I have and what I wear.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I do want a larger step cut diamond ring. I've wanted it for so long. It's so difficult with step cuts though - I'd really have to see it in person. I've not been able to travel so freely lately (that's another story, lol). But in the meantime, I want more designer pieces, VCA in particular, bc they are so exquisitely made and the wide variety of designs available and the ease of picking and purchasing made them even more appealing and more "reachable", iykwim.

I also want to reset Holly into an Emilya. Again, I'd only be able to do this when I can travel to the US. I can't really think about another large diamond until I "settle" the re-setting.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
+1 for the RG pieces, they are exquisite! That bracelet has been on my wishlist for awhile, along with the WG pave sweet 5 motif. Sigh! PS is dangerous for the wallet.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol. I can tell you something for certain: I am not bored with VCA at all. If anything, I am even more enamoured by the brand the more pieces I see and try on. Today, I went to my local boutique with my partner and we both like the Alhambra vintage pave 5-motif WG bracelet. He liked the magic Alhambra earrings in YG better than the WG version and I must say I did too. So now the choice is between the WG pave bracelet and the magic earrings in YG, with both of us liking the former the best.

I wouldn't do anything to alter any of my VCA. It'd void all the pieces and I wouldn't be able to take them back for repair or servicing. Anyway, even if I wanted to change a design, VCA would refuse to do that, I believe. And I wouldn't let anyone but VCA touch my VCA pieces.
If you like the 5 motif pave vintage more than the RG diamond and pave bracelet get it. If you like the RG bracelet more, get that and the matching earrings. I know that if I did or did not get something because of my DH’s opinion, I would end up doing what would make me happy later, and be pissed at myself for not doing it sooner because of another person, ANY other person. That’s just me though. Both are beautiful and you can wear them at all times.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like the 5 motif pave vintage more than the RG diamond and pave bracelet get it. If you like the RG bracelet more, get that and the matching earrings. I know that if I did or did not get something because of my DH’s opinion, I would end up doing what would make me happy later, and be pissed at myself for not doing it sooner because of another person, ANY other person. That’s just me though. Both are beautiful and you can wear them at all times.

I think most likely I'll end up getting the 5-motif pave vintage bracelet in WG. I've wanted that for long time now and I think it's time I realised that dream:).

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it's also pretty clear that with the given choices you can't really go wrong and will have exquisite and gorgeous timeless masterpieces !!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think most likely I'll end up getting the 5-motif pave vintage bracelet in WG. I've wanted that for long time now and I think it's time I realised that dream:).
It’s beautiful blingy versatile and you love it. How can you go wrong?

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Lol. I can tell you something for certain: I am not bored with VCA at all.

I could not explain why your describing complicated decissions up this thread looked like 'wavering' on my side. I should have known better! LOL indeed!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got the 5-motif vintage Alhambra pave bracelet in WG!:D

Thanks to everyone who chimed in.

I'll post more pics in my consolidated jewellery thread tomorrow.

5-motif pave Alhambra_1.jpg 5-motif pave Alhambra_2.jpg

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy dance!!!! Are you going to shorten it?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Phoenix it looks fabulous on you! It is SO beautiful! :love::love::love:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy dance!!!! Are you going to shorten it?

Happy dance indeed!:dance::dance:

Yes, I'm going to send it in to be shortened, maybe in the new year. Right now, I am just enjoying it..wore it to bed last night, hehe.:D

Thank you, @LLJsmom.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried on the PG perlee clovers bracelet as well:

IMG_0941.jpg

I'm adding it to my wish list (in WG, of course!) for the future! :cheeky:

For some reason, I completely missed all your posts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results