carat
color
clarity

Let's talk about CS projects in progress

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s my birthday so I get to wear my Jedi ring

it’s still cloudy in Melbourne tried to capture it but still doesn’t come close to how gorgeous it is in reality

plus I am a little wobbly after lunchtime proseccos

72CB6E17-EEBB-4E33-9B2D-01CD5D9E4D1E.jpeg

4C12EFE3-0039-4BC4-A254-04385E637566.jpeg 49FD9537-B36F-40AD-A456-5E6ECB7F1ADE.jpeg 3A03D223-CD54-4427-B20A-1CCE232165C0.jpeg

Happy (belated) birthday! Your new ring is gorgeous. I love how bright the spinel is and the double halo gives it a major bling factor. :kiss2:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fell upon the most gorgeous blue sapphire earlier this week and (eeeek) contacted the seller (who has turned out to be amazing). Now I have to decide whether to go for it or not. Finances say "no" but heart says "oh yesssssssssss"!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I fell upon the most gorgeous blue sapphire earlier this week and (eeeek) contacted the seller (who has turned out to be amazing). Now I have to decide whether to go for it or not. Finances say "no" but heart says "oh yesssssssssss"!

Pics and details pls? Sounds amazing

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
So I was determined to stop buying gems until I set some I already have.

I'm failing.

Two new future projects :

Bought a trapezoid zircon . I've been wanting a trapezoid so couldn't pass it up. Maybe I'll set it with the little indicolites from my "old stock" lol.
20201017_104207.jpg

And I've been wanting a shield cut stone. But never dreamed it would be rosecut shield cut in a pinky purple sapphire! Couldn't say no to that either!
20201018_113502.jpg

And dh asks "How many rings do you need?". Pshaw.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
So I was determined to stop buying gems until I set some I already have.

I'm failing.

Two new future projects :

Bought a trapezoid zircon . I've been wanting a trapezoid so couldn't pass it up. Maybe I'll set it with the little indicolites from my "old stock" lol.
20201017_104207.jpg

And I've been wanting a shield cut stone. But never dreamed it would be rosecut shield cut in a pinky purple sapphire! Couldn't say no to that either!
20201018_113502.jpg

And dh asks "How many rings do you need?". Pshaw.

Bahahaha
I'm also failing,
I told myself no more until next year after my three stone emerald and emerald and spinel halo ring are done but one is finished, & I'm already dreaming up something!

I love your purple sapphire!
Oh! & When my beau asks me that I always tell him that I'm a gemstone collector & I need my dream emerald ring and one everyday emerald ring, my dream diamond ring & everyday diamond ring, my dream tanzanite ring & my everyday tanzanite ring.....& Keep going down the list of my favorite gemstones hahaha

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
It's truly an addiction! Selling gems ...to buy gems. Shopping for gems when you should be doing other things, like laundry or calling your mom. (Guilty.) Buying the same type of gem cuz this one is a different cut or this one is slightly lighter..or...
And not to mention the little gem boxes all over the place, in drawers, in the closet... or running to get the mail first so dh doesn't see yet another gem in the mailbox.
Craziness.
But...I love it. :)

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
It's truly an addiction! Selling gems ...to buy gems. Shopping for gems when you should be doing other things, like laundry or calling your mom. (Guilty.) Buying the same type of gem cuz this one is a different cut or this one is slightly lighter..or...
And not to mention the little gem boxes all over the place, in drawers, in the closet... or running to get the mail first so dh doesn't see yet another gem in the mailbox.
Craziness.

ugh this is so me as well!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Craziness.

Oh lady, I’m not sure I’ve ever related to a post quite so much. :lol:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I can’t because of the curse of lurkers. I wish I could actually as it might help me decide. The vendor has said I’ve got first refusal so I could risk it but .....

Ah fully understand. Whichever way it goes keep us posted ok?

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A tiny but mighty 2.02ct Princess cut Rhodochrosite arrived on Friday

Rhodochrosite 2.02ct H2.jpg

Couldn't quite match the intense color of the vendor photo, but didn't come out too badly. :)

Rhodochrosite 2.02ct 1.jpg Rhodochrosite 2.02ct 4.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@LD Your round blue sapphire set in double halo is still 1 of my all time favorites. I am assuming that the new one might be even more gorgeous? Hope you would come back to share with us!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The zircon pendant arrived from Daniel M today! It's so perfect! I'm thrilled :)
20201019_181005.jpg

I gotta say I was not a true believer and thought you'd end up with a kinda plain ol' pendant, but everything about that is perfect - the color, the size, the proportion of the diamond, the chain...need I go on? Well done, you!

voce

Ideal_Rock
The zircon pendant arrived from Daniel M today! It's so perfect! I'm thrilled :)
20201019_181005.jpg

Yes, perfection indeed. I love the substantial chain you're wearing the pendant on, as well. :)

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
20201019_181005.jpg

Your pendant is gorgeous @CHRISTY-DANIELLE :love:. It is so lovely, I imagine you will be wearing it a lot! I’d love to find out more about your chain...I love rolo chains and yours is perfect

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
A tiny but mighty 2.02ct Princess cut Rhodochrosite arrived on Friday

Rhodochrosite 2.02ct H2.jpg

Couldn't quite match the intense color of the vendor photo, but didn't come out too badly. :)

Rhodochrosite 2.02ct 1.jpg Rhodochrosite 2.02ct 4.jpg

Omg I'm so jealous!
Still searching for my perfect rhodo!!

MariMeow

Rough_Rock
It's set!! My baby paraiba in the flower halo ring! :kiss2:

I couldn't wait for proper pics, I also can't stop looking at it.

IMG_3882 2.jpg

IMG_3886.jpg

So... funny story, the technician that set it could not believe it was a tourmaline because it didn't look "semi-precious", said it behaved and looked more like a color-treated diamond. That even the cut was too diamond-like. He even told his team not to put it through fire so as to not damage the color. I showed him the GIA certificate and he kept saying "how strange" because he'd never seen anything like it.

I just sat there all flattered, haha.
Guess it's safe to say there aren't many paraibas in my little hometown.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
It's set!! My baby paraiba in the flower halo ring! :kiss2:

I couldn't wait for proper pics, I also can't stop looking at it.

IMG_3882 2.jpg

IMG_3886.jpg

So... funny story, the technician that set it could not believe it was a tourmaline because it didn't look "semi-precious", said it behaved and looked more like a color-treated diamond. That even the cut was too diamond-like. He even told his team not to put it through fire so as to not damage the color. I showed him the GIA certificate and he kept saying "how strange" because he'd never seen anything like it.

I just sat there all flattered, haha.
Guess it's safe to say there aren't many paraibas in my little hometown.

I'm so glad you were able to have it set! It reminds me of a blue & white daisy!

cc8bc73198bc5ccd7e0164a027e83e5a.jpg

Enjoy her ♥️

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Progress Pics on my emerald + spinel ring that is inspired by older Victorian pearl cluster rings.

Were still not there yet but close!
There's a few changes that I made to this design but I'm going to leave them a surprise until it's finished!

icm_fullxfull.291898559_1u59347hq6kg4s8og0s8.jpg

MariMeow

Rough_Rock
Progress Pics on my emerald + spinel ring that is inspired by older Victorian pearl cluster rings.

Were still not there yet but close!
There's a few changes that I made to this design but I'm going to leave them a surprise until it's finished!

icm_fullxfull.291898559_1u59347hq6kg4s8og0s8.jpg

Oh, WOW!!! Those shoulders are incredibly yummy! I love how the very different elements all come together, beautiful idea!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Omg I'm so jealous!

Thank you! It's from Colorado's Sweet Home mine, we too have been looking for a small, more affordable specimen for a long time.

We are thinking of setting it in a ring with a protective halo. Saturday night wear only of course. =)2

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl plus 1 on those shoulders. Gorgoeus.

Omg I'm so jealous!

Have you asked Brad at the Gem Trader? He has had a few and I inquired about setting one once and he referenced his dealer who sets them. He has a ton more stock than he can list and it sounds like a good source.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results