shape
carat
color
clarity

Let''s Show Off Our 2-3 Carat "Center Stones" Here!

honeybee

Rough_Rock
bump !!!!
30.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Yay! The admins brought back this great thread because I wanted to play! Here''s mine - 2.01 ct G SI1:

IMG_1712blue2.JPG

guylian

Rough_Rock
this is one of my favorite threads! ...and may i play as well?
31.gif

my 2.16 I VS2

guylian20.JPG

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,
This is my first post and I''m not sure this is the right place, but here goes. I am having my diamond remounted right now. I am so worried, you know second thoughts or is tenth in my case! The mounting I picked is from NATALIE K, NK10410w. I wish I knew how to get a picture of the mounting on here from their site. I''m worried my diamond will not look as good as theirs when it is mounted next to them. My diamond appraisal said it is a 2.02, SI1, G color, but its from the store that sold it and I think it might not be a G, and therefore be different from their G color stone. I am sick to my stomach thinking about it! The wait is killing me. Any ideas or thoughts on what it how it will look if my mine is different, do u think it would still look okay?

Thanks!
P.S. I f anybody sees the mounting on their site, please let me know what u think!!!

cwj

Shiny_Rock
DID I MENTION I''M SICK WITH WORRY?
cwj

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet it ends up looking amazing!!!!

cwj

Shiny_Rock
I sure hope so!! Maybe I''ll have it back Wed. I am having a hard time waiting!
cwj

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Hey girls! Hope I don''t get in trouble for posting here with NO RING PICS to add - just some "where is my new set?" woes to share! I haven''t posted much in so long I''m sure no one remembers -- but my sweet hubby gave me an upgrade stone in honor of our 10th anniversary (I received it on my b-day in September) -- but just made a final setting decision in January. I was told by the local jeweler doing this custom set for me that it''d be ready by Valentine''s Day -- but it did not happen. Then they told me by the 19th (today) -- but yesterday my hubby called for an update (probably fearing the worst) and of course now they say not until the end of this week! UGH!! The torture. Anyway, once I have my new set, it''ll belong in this thread and I will happily bombard ya''ll with pictures -- hopefully by this weekend.

As pitiful as it may seem, even with no set to show off, I''ll happily give the future specs: it''ll be a 2.86 carat G SI1 AGS 0 cut round brilliant center in a custom platinum 3/4 eternity set. The setting (1 carat total weight) will have 10 10-pointer stones and the matching w-band (1.10 carat total weight) will have 11 10-pointer stones. I''m hoping for some major sparkle!

Again - forgive my picture-less, ringless post --- but staring at all these 2-3 carat beauties is making my mouth water! Hopefully I will be back on here with an official post in a few days! Thanks for keeping me sane with all of your pretty pictures!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Here is my 2+ carat princess

Chicagowinter44699.JPG

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Italianhaircolor, your princess stone is gorgeous! I love that side view shot in dappled sunlight!

cwj -- Do you mean there are sidestones on the setting that you're worried will be too "off" from your center stone color-wise that may or may not be a G? So are the setting stones G color? And you're just not certain your center stone is a true G? First of all, I know I've been told by several jewelers that the side stones don't necessarily have to be the exact color of the center stone and I know one jeweler I spoke with told me he feels safe going 2 color grades in either direction from the center stone. I guess if you are happy with the overall appearance of the ring tomorrow (lucky girl!) you'll know the color is right on or close enough. If the color seems off, you may want to have a jeweler with a set of master stones color grade your center stone to see more accurately what you're working with. I would think too that the jeweler mounting your center stone assuming he/she knows you wanted a close color match to the G side stones would have mentioned to you if he/she thought your center stone was obviously not G color...or not close enough to work well with the side stones -- but I guess some jewelers may not mention this if they don't know it would concern you. I know some PSers have settings with side stones that are a different color grade from the center stone -- and in some cases more than one or 2 color grades different. Though I haven't seen any of their rings in person, their pictures look great.

I guess you should just wait and see with your own eyes and in different types of lighting how the color match works for you & go from there. Here's hoping, though, that you'll be happy with it right off the bat! That would be nice, wouldn't it?
emsmile.gif

I can relate to the painful wait! As my previous post drones on about above -- I am also awaiting a new set with an upgraded stone sometime this week. It's killing me! And I too am so hoping i will be totally in love with it!!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
3shebabes - forget you and your killer stone? NO way! I re-read your whole thread the other day for some reason.... I''m currently looking to trade my 2ct E VS2 to a G SI1 and go up in size. That''s probably why I read it!

Anyway I''ll be looking forward to your SMTR when our new setting arrives. Hang in there!

a

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Hey Angeline! Thanks for remembering my saga! The latest update is that I finally received a call today from the jeweler and my rings should be complete on Thursday. Light at the end of the tunnel!

For what it''s worth, I agonized over the change from an E color stone to a G color stone for my new upgraded rock...since I am so color sensitive. (The SI1 thing didn''t worry me a bit -- I see nothing clarity wise in my stone. I could barely even make out the tiny inclusions when the appraiser showed them to me with the microscope!) But - I really feared that a G stone would look slightly yellow to me after staring at a very white E for 10 years...and I was also taking my skin tone into account. I read somewhere on PS that sometimes color in diamonds is more apparent against paler skin tones than darker, olive types and that makes sense I guess. (I think Mara said that! She said she''s actually happier with her current J against her olive skin than she was with a G color, I believe...) Well I''m pretty doggone fair (I''m a strawberry-blonde, and very ivory-skinned) so I figured I had to stay pretty high color wise (since I do prefer the whiter look rather than the warmer look in diamonds) - but it was all useless worry and the reason is in the cut, of course. The new stone is an ideal AGS Triple 0 cut and side by side with my E pear (merely a good cut), it looks SO much whiter and brighter than my E actually does that it almost appears to glow! So have no fear -- as long as the G you are considering is a well-cut stone and I am sure that it is...you''ll be happy with it. I say drop to a G and go for a bit more size! I am so happy that I did!

I will hopefully post some new pics in a couple of days..at which time I will add only pics here and post my continuing saga in a new thread, I promise! I feel like I have sorta hijacked this one. Sorry!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Apologies to threadreaders ... I promise not to hijack further but HAD to say, THANKS for putting me at ease about the E vs G thing 3shebabes... I''ve always thought I was super color sensitive too. Now I''m itching for my SA to come back from vacation and start looking! Cheers! a

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Hi everybody,
Just a update, talked to the guy about my ring that was due Tues. or Wed. Guess what, not happening!! It will be atleast early next week.
8.gif
" I can't stand this waiting! He did say he thinking the stones in the band or mounting are a little better color, but close enough not to notice. I only wish I knew how to get the picture of the mounting posted here. I keep going to their site and looking at it, but it would be nice to get your ideas if u could see it. I have added Natalie K to my favorites list, so it is always right there! I tried to upload a picture of my current ring with the stone mounted so u could see the color and tell me what u think, but I just can't get it to load. I dont know how to change the pics so it will go. Anyway as soon (if ever) as I get the new ring I will try hard to get it on here and then u can tell me that it looks great.(Ihope)

Hope to be posting picture soon,
cwj

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Hey cwj,

I'm gonna try to post what I think is your semimount picture here. Is this the one? It looks gorgeous -- but I see why you are anxious to see how the side stones work with your center stone -- this ring has a lot of side stones!! I looked at the close-up view on the Natalie K website so I could see more detail. Looks really pretty! I wouldn't worry quite yet -- as your jeweler seems to think it will work color-wise, right? Sorry for the added wait, though!

nataliekring.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think I ever posted on this thread..........here''s my 2.52 FLY radiant Ball O'' Sunshine!
31.gif

cmsflyring001.jpg

cwj

Shiny_Rock
3shebabes,
Yes thats it!! I think it is so pretty. I only hope it enchances my stone and not over power it!!
cwj

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I just received an e-mail from S Stone that my asscher re-do is redone :) I''ll post a thread later......

2ct Square Emerald K, VS1, Med BLue Flour 7.3 X 7.3 The finish has a shiny polish now, but has been antiqued.....

after reset1.jpg

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a head-on shot...which is more in-focus....

newset1.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this thread, I'm so glad it's back in business!

Here's my 2.01 g SI1 cushion:

CloseupInBoxPS2Havensring.jpg

cwj

Shiny_Rock
3shebabes,
Okay its Thursday, did u get your ring? If so give up the pictures! Hope yours arrived, I'm still waiting on mine! I did get a call today and they said no later than Wed. Heres to the waiting game!
14.gif

cwj

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
No, cwj! No rings for me! Waaaah! Still no rings!
I got up this morning, got my kids off to school, got dressed and busily started doing things around my house waiting breathlessly for a call from the jeweler. They''d told me they''d call as soon as they received it from their custom department which is actually in a different city. But no call came this morning. Finally around 2 pm they called to say it had not been shipped yesterday as they''d planned but was "overnighted" today and SUPPOSEDLY will be here tomorrow around 11 am. This will actually be my eternity-style setting and matching band. My new center stone still has to be set. They told me their best stone setter will be ready to do the job for me when my rings arrive tomorrow. I will be "approving" the height of the stone. I like stones set a bit high so I can see the pretty culet!
face4.gif

I am so anxious and excited - but also nervous. You know how you build up so much anticipation and excitement over things -- and you can only hope they meet your expectations? And when they don''t, it''s really a letdown! I just hope the wait will be worth it and the workmanship will be wonderful and the few little "tweaks" I asked them to make will be what I was hoping for. I gave them pictures of tiny details I liked -- so we''ll see. It is a very simple basic shared prong eternity set -- but sometimes it is the tiniest details that make you love something. So we''ll see...

If my rings actually materialize tomorrow, I will make every effort to get pics up as soon as possible. I will mention that we are expecting ice and/or snow tonight - so they did warn me that the FedEx plane could be delayed. It''s always something!

Anyway - I promise to post pics as soon as I can possibly take some! I am slathering my middle-aged hands with lotion so as not to expose everyone to close-ups of my 42 year old winter-dry, veiny-as-all-get-out hands!

cwj

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry to here that! I was just sure u would have yours and be on top of the world. I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you. Maybe Friday will be the day! Atleast u have something to look forward to. I do know the wait is awful, with me one minute I know I will love mine and the next I worry I picked the wrong one. I just want to get my grubby little hands on it asap. I''m still hoping for Tues., but it will most likely be Wed. I have to learn how to post pictures before then so I can get feedback from u guys.
Good Luck,
cwj

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Catmom, Kellyfish and Haven -- forgot to mention that you all 3 have gorgeous rings - and all three so elegant! Funny, all 3 of your pictures hit me in a row...and I love yellow diamonds (and that is the prettiest shade of yellow..."sunshine" is the perfect description), icy-white aaschers & cushions just that shape!

CWJ - only 6 "sleeps" till Wednesday!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 11:16:29 PM
Author: 3shebabes
and I love yellow diamonds (and that is the prettiest shade of yellow...''sunshine'' is the perfect description), icy-white aaschers & cushions just that shape!

Thank you! AND--it IS funny that you love these three stone types, because so do I! I originally wanted a Royal Asscher e-ring, then a yellow sapphire with a halo, and finally I fell in love with my cushion. We must have similar taste!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Here is mine (and DKS''s surrogate
9.gif
)
2.11 RB, H, SI-1. I lurve it!

DSC02941-PS-188.JPG

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Missrocks & Harleigh,
Your rings are gorgeous! That setting with the sapphire is no less than amazing -- and I love Harleigh''s wide band. Don''t see as many wide bands lately and it looks awesome. I checked out your thread showing your handshots and the wide band looks terrific on your hand!

A quick update on me: My upgrade ring set was finally, finally ready today at the jewelers...which took over 5 weeks (instead of 3, as they told me) and I am so blue to tell you all that it did not come home with me...so there are no pictures. I was very, very surprised when I saw it because the custom head I requested (and supplied many large, clear photos from pricescope to demonstrate) was completely and totally wrong. Even my hubby, who has no patience for all this jewelry detail nitpicking, was pretty stumped by it. It truly didn''t resemble the pictures I gave him AT ALL. It was almost the opposite of what I showed him!? My heart sank when I saw it because I knew I was in for another long wait...and that feeling melted into worry that if he could get this first attempt so completely wrong, what will happen next? Even my husband commented that it was really clunky and masculine looking - and not at all like the pictures. And of course he wasn''t there to discuss it with me and won''t be back for several days. A salesperson showed it to me and she didn''t know what to say/do about it. So now I just feel frustrated and I''m dying to talk to him and explain how "off" it is from my sample pictures...and it has to wait a few days. UGH. Woe is me. Anyway -- thought I''d take a break from my moping and let ya''ll know what happened today. As soon as this is resolved, I will let ya know!
face24.gif

3shebabes

cwj

Shiny_Rock
3shebabes,
Tell me I read that wrong!! On I am so sorry!! I can only image what a let down that was. That is exactly what I am scared my reaction will be when mine comes. I know the setting will be right because I have seen it, but I am still worried about my diamond looking look with it. So I am also expecting a let down.
Again I am so sorry that it wasn't what you dreamed!
14.gif

cwj

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
Thanks cwj! I noticed you found my new thread with more detail on my ring worries! Hopefully I''ll be back to happily post pictures in this thread someday soon!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results