shape
carat
color
clarity

Lets 'RING' in the New Year by posting your 'FIREworks' pics

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Lets 'RING' in the New Year by posting your 'FIREworks'

Thank you YT! It's Sally Hansen Hard As Nails in Party Hard-y. I got it last week from my Walgreens for 69 cents :Up_to_something:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

rubyshoes|1357315340|3347168 said:
This is an okay quality photo clicked with my cellphone but look at the fiiiiiiiiiiire :naughty: This is my .83 Solasfera (H, SI2) from GOG.
Oh wow that's a GREAT one!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock

Dreamer_D|1357248080|3346633 said:
My favourite fire picture.

greorge1_3.jpg

GORGEOUS!!!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock

ame|1357318758|3347238 said:
This is an okay quality photo clicked with my cellphone but look at the fiiiiiiiiiiire :naughty: This is my .83 Solasfera (H, SI2) from GOG.
Oh wow that's a GREAT one!

:twirl:

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock

This is my favorite fire shot that I've ever gotten!

20121107_125742-1.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

star sparkle|1357320115|3347264 said:

so pretty star sparkle. I love your set!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Chrono|1357245162|3346583 said:
Your choice of either blue or yellow.
:love: :love: I'll take BOTH!! :lol: Would you mind giving some details on your ring? You really got some amazingly unique fire shots!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Rosebloom|1357251084|3346673 said:
My favorites:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Okay, one word .... FABULANTASTIC!! The way you were able to capture multiple sparks from your 5 (is it 5?) stone ring is beautiful Rosebloom!

:appl: :appl: Seeing more of everyone's fireworks has inspired me to play with my rings in the sun tomorrow and see if I can capture something unusual and unique w/ the sunlight. :appl: :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Roxy said:
Rosebloom|1357251084|3346673 said:
My favorites:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Okay, one word .... FABULANTASTIC!! The way you were able to capture multiple sparks from your 5 (is it 5?) stone ring is beautiful Rosebloom!

:appl: :appl: Seeing more of everyone's fireworks has inspired me to play with my rings in the sun tomorrow and see if I can capture something unusual and unique w/ the sunlight. :appl: :appl:
Oh thank you! I have to give all credit to GOG. These little AVCs are crazy fiery. Before having them I would have said I preferred white light return to fire but now I'm a pyromaniac! :)

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

eeep...I would not be in good shape if I end up with a chip/crack in this!!! I was a NIGHTMARE after the theft. Not just the ring, but these people had my spare key to my house, my car, and had my address and a lot our financials. I was a disaster. I was so freaked at the prospect of what will the open in my name, when are they gonna show up here looking for more...yknow? I was a mess. And I had both mine and my partners Amex cards in my wallet at the time bec I had to bring his with me for a print job --- he had originally paid, his number was on the bill and they had to credit his card on the overcharge --- and I was like...hyperventilating that both of our cards for work were involved now, that we had to lock those and omg I was a disaster. My parents gave us cash and the bank allowed us a limit on DH's account and didn't lock his out thankfully, and AMEX overnighted me--on a Saturday for Sunday delivery no less--a card for my business and for my work and my partner to my house and his house replacements...That was freaking amazing btw. I love them. I just sat at dinner that night crying and whimpering like a freak. I think our waitress thought I was a crazy person. haha

He did sort of pick it! But I wouldn't say he entirely picked it. He is mostly proud of the being able to say he paid for it in cash. It sounds so funny to say he walked in and plunked cash down, especially the first time around. But he's proud of that. I picked a few and then he picked one from my pre-selected set. He wasn't going to do it totally blind because he knows I am extremely particular and hate surprises. We had another engagement ring prior, it was a Tiffany we picked in store and they damaged it before we even got out of the store (it was dropped by the SA by accident (and I can still to this day see it play in my head!) and sheared off at the prong when it hit the case) and that was a huge dramatic ordeal from the start. They lost it internally not once but twice, when we finally got a stone picked out in replacement, they sent it in for a setting and it was lost again, though we think it was just not marked sold and resold to someone else, and it drug on for like months...eventually we finally just said thanks just give us our money back. Then we took a long break on rings and I wore a ring I had from him already. Then we found out about these star129s and he said hey lets go look at them. I didn't want to at first but did eventually. We went back again a few weeks later and he said Ok pick out what you like, and I picked out several that I loved from the selection, and he was like "those are so ...small." But I was happy in that size (and price) range. So they brought out more in the range HE liked, and I found two on the smaller end of his size range, and there was a few then that he knew I was happy with that he could choose from. I think it's funny that the first stone we looked at was a 1.11 D VS1 I think? And it was like $7-8k at the time almost a decade ago. And he wanted that one, but I thought the price was INSANE, and that it seemed so big that it was weird on my hand. But damn it was gorgeous. It ended up selling not long after and he was all upset. And now I am wearing a 1.15 H VS1. Oh the irony of that. I haven't had the original anything in a LONG time, but I don't have a ton of sentiment to anything. The only ring I think of any sentiment is the promise ring, and that I can't fit into anymore, my knuckle is too big, and it can't be sized. I haven't been able to get it over my knuckle in a few years sadly. If I can lube my finger up enough I can get it on and it fits the finger itself fine but the knuckle not so much.[/quote]

Oh my goodness!! I would be absolutely terrified! I would totally flip out if someone stole my wallet or DH's. He works in the city. Do you live in NY? I hear that happens a lot over there. I don't ever want to live there, too many terrible things. I'm so glad that everything was resolved and you got a bigger diamond :bigsmile:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Mayk|1357254364|3346727 said:
My trannie.
:love: Mayk, good grief, your entire diamond looks like it's lit up from inside! That's so pretty. Would you mind sharing some of the specs with us? :love:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Jereni|1357254973|3346733 said:
Not exactly a firework, but I tried :)
Hahahahaha I love your sense of humor Jereni! :lol: :lol:
Your sapphires are soooo beautiful. I drooled over them on your thread so I’m SUPER excited that you’re posting fire pics over here!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Lovely pics everyone! :love:

There is no sun here. I think the chance of any fire photos from me are slim to none. Lemme check my archive for something I might have from last year......

D

Deactivated member 42515

rosetta said:
Lovely pics everyone! :love:

There is no sun here. I think the chance of any fire photos from me are slim to none. Lemme check my archive for something I might have from last year......
I know Rosetta! I gave up and had to resort to kitchen lighting.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amazing pics everyone! :sun:

Mine are a little anti-climatic, hard to capture those flashes! Best I could do with my iphone.

img_432.jpg

img_0883.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wait, I think these are a little better...this is addicting!

img_0896.jpg

img_0891.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

junebug17 said:
That's how I feel! It's like gambling... "I swear I can get a bigger fire picture. I swear I can win more money!"

Your pictures are great junebug!!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

YT|1357405710|3348029 said:
junebug17 said:
That's how I feel! It's like gambling... "I swear I can get a bigger fire picture. I swear I can win more money!"

LOL! That's about the size of it!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

And on that note from YT....

The sun was out after several days of overcast and so I went HOG WILD!!!! Both sets of rings came out....Enjoy! (And I hope you pardon my overexcited indulgence in fire...)

These were taken in full noon sun, with my back to the sun. You have to do a little creative angling of the camera (thank goodness for tripods).

oecfirea.jpg

sidehalofire1.jpg

bluehalofire.jpg

redhalofire.jpg

twocolorhalo.jpg

whitehalofire.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

junebug17|1357404999|3348018 said:

ooooh- I really like the way that final come came out!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Oh wow!!! Bastetcat! That orange/red fire took my breath away!!! Yowza!!!!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

YT|1357414557|3348114 said:
Oh wow!!! Bastetcat! That orange/red fire took my breath away!!! Yowza!!!!

Thanks! It was a lot of fun taking those...nice warm sunshine after days of cold...brrr....

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YT|1357405710|3348029 said:
junebug17 said:

Exactly!! :lol: Thanks YT!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

YT|1357273711|3346895 said:
I think I got it right. At least better than before...
Yep, you got it BETTER than right!!! I actually like all of your pics, especially the close-up rainbows. Face it YT, it's impossible to take a bad picture of your gorgeous ring. :sun: :))

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

Solasfera????? That's not "fair-a" :lol: . Everyone knows that Solasferas will blow the doors off of any hinges Ruby!!! Love it!
:appl: What an incredible shot. That's the kind of pic that makes you say "POW!" (Batman style) or "BAM!" (Emeril style)!! :appl:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

star sparkle|1357320115|3347264 said:
Super fire shot SS! It seems like blue is a popular color for our diamonds to shoot back at us and yours really pops!!! :o :o :bigsmile:

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock

Roxy|1357436790|3348468 said:
Solasfera????? That's not "fair-a" :lol: . Everyone knows that Solasferas will blow the doors off of any hinges Ruby!!! Love it!
:appl: What an incredible shot. That's the kind of pic that makes you say "POW!" (Batman style) or "BAM!" (Emeril style)!! :appl:

Thank you :twirl: I love my Solly very, very much :love:

imspecializd

Rough_Rock

Thanks Ame for the info on your stone, i will have to look into the star129's. :)

All these pics are great fun! Great thread!

htabby

Rough_Rock

Love all the beautiful bling and fire!!!!! Here are some fire shots of my ring.

fire_1.jpg fire_3.jpg fire_4.jpg fire_2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results