color
clarity

Lets 'RING' in the New Year by posting your 'FIREworks' pics

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Lets 'RING' in the New Year by posting your 'FIREworks'

ame|1357155241|3345618 said:
Here are a few of mine!
Ame: I've always thought your Star129 was GORGEOUS! It looks much larger than than 1.15ct ... Holy Hand Coverage Batman :love: :o :love: !!

Is that your Tiffany band or did you get it from another vendor? Would you mind reminding me about the size of the melee?

In your close up pic ("Amazingfire"), the matching brilliance from your center stone with the brilliance from the diamonds in your wband are PURE PERFECTION! The wband melee look amazing with your Star129. Love love love it Ame!!!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks! That Channel set in the two called stacking boxes or whatever is the Tiffany, and Id guess the melee are maybe 2-3pts at most in that based on width of the band. The one in the other two is the Flyer I don't have anymore, the melee in that was around 1.5 pointers. They were amazingly well cut, I just had issues with their workmanship and the fact that they'd send the band back to me with a couple stones damaged or prongs lifted. It was just sloppy and not well made and for the insane price point...not good. But holy hell did their melee sparkle. I got my money back on that and eventually bought the Tiffany after a lot of fighting with myself over it. I wasn't going to buy anything and was just going to go with the plain band.

I love this stone. Sometimes I wish it was bigger but other times it's perfect!

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock

Gorgeous photos everyone! I'll share mine if you ignore my weather beaten hands and nails :)

_2767.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

alisonia333|1357227533|3346277 said:
Gorgeous photos everyone! I'll share mine if you ignore my weather beaten hands and nails :)
Ooh that's a BIG firework!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Well, I tried... it's so hard to get it at the right moment. I see some green flashes and I take a picture and its not there...

dsc02057fire.jpg

dsc02059fire.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

ame|1357178684|3345965 said:
imspecializd said:
Ame-your stone is beautiful! What are the specs, if you don't mind? That isn't a standard round brilliant cut, is it?
Thanks.
Hi! Thanks!!

No mine is not a standard rb, it is a Star129, a branded 129 facet modified round. gog sells them!

It's a 1.15ct h vs1 with medium blue fluor.

I did own a .86 h si2 a while back (it was stolen) and have also owned a couple other star 129s and and h&a in the middle from theft to this one. This one is a winner though and I think Jon might end up committed to an institution if I upgrade lol!

I do think if I ever go with another cut it might be a crisscut cushion or asscher or Ashoka or MAYBE Octavia cut. But I do love this Star129 a great deal.

OMG!!!! I would have passed out!!! Well, I'm glad you were able to get it replaced with a bigger stone! If you do upgrade, please post 1000 pictures! I love that cut but GOG doesn't have the size the I'd be looking for so I'm not sure how many decades I need to save up for it :lol:

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock

ame said:
I love my big fireworks! Big chunky facets on my stone. Your ring looks gorgeous in the sun, especially with that blue flour and the cut is really cool and unique. I love fire shots :)

D

Deactivated member 42515

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357237494.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357237507.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

04diamond<3|1357233563|3346362 said:
imspecializd said:
Ame-your stone is beautiful! What are the specs, if you don't mind? That isn't a standard round brilliant cut, is it?
Thanks.
Hi! Thanks!!

No mine is not a standard rb, it is a Star129, a branded 129 facet modified round. gog sells them!

I did own a .86 h si2 a while back (it was stolen) and have also owned a couple other star 129s and and h&a in the middle from theft to this one. This one is a winner though and I think Jon might end up committed to an institution if I upgrade lol!

I do think if I ever go with another cut it might be a crisscut cushion or asscher or Ashoka or MAYBE Octavia cut. But I do love this Star129 a great deal.

OMG!!!! I would have passed out!!! Well, I'm glad you were able to get it replaced with a bigger stone! If you do upgrade, please post 1000 pictures! I love that cut but GOG doesn't have the size the I'd be looking for so I'm not sure how many decades I need to save up for it :lol:
They are a little pricier than a standard ideal cut, but not terribly much more. It's finding one with specs that you like.

Passing out...yes. Let's just say that the officers that came to retrieve me inside the gym to alert me to the robbery got a good show, as did the people on the lot/other victims, a friend of mine that was present, and if there are any videos on file of my reaction to listing it the contents of my bag, and then realizing what all was stolen based on the pouches....I have a feeling I'd win some money on America's Funniest Home Videos because it was a meltdown of epic proportions. They had to put me in the cop car til I could calm down because I was seriously irrational. They called DH and my parents couldn't even get me to calm down. I called the bank and they handled it and then called my husband at the house to handle the rest, and thankfully he was awake. Because I was a lunatic.

I messaged Jon at GOG when I got home after I filed the insurance claim, because the cops told me I had to do that immediately, and if it was recovered it would be pretty much immediately, so the insurance could be undone if it was. Then the cops were like "lady you can try to go to the pawn shops but it's really unlikely you'll find the rings." I provided the cops with a million photos of my purse, my rings, my pouches and my wallet, (the detective thought I was a crazy person having photos of my rings and reports and whatnot to send him) so that if they turned up at a Pawn shop I had them tied to my police report, but I don't think they ever told me if there was a suspect arrested. Due to the value of my rings and the value of the stuff stolen from another victim there that day it was a felony breaking and entering and felony something else. I went to probably 100 pawn shops with pics and with my police report. I didn't have any luck and I had a couple friends who LOVED pawn-shopping still on the prowl for a little over a year afterwards. I still actually have dreams where one of us will find it in a case at a pawn shop and buy it back. I know one of my friends wanted it for herself (half jokingly) and honestly, I wouldn't have an issue if she bought it for herself bec I know she would have it and not someone else. It would be safe.

But the amount of insurance did allow for an upgrade, even though I didn't really want one at first, and almost didn't get anything for a while...and kind of ended up with one due to supply. DH and I were pretty sore about this though, he especially was because he was really proud of that purchase, and he didn't want anything to do with this replacement at all. I could've gone bigger if I wanted an H&A though, and briefly had a 1.4 (memory is fuzzy now) H&A that I just didn't love enough to keep. I would rather have this cut than the size I think. If I upgrade this, it will probably stay Star129 if possible and Ill have to make it a decent jump sizewise I think to make it worthwhile. That won't happen for a while.

Back to the show....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your choice of either blue or yellow.

blue_fire.png

yellow_fire.png

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ohh wow, NICE blue one!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

My favourite fire picture.

greorge1_3.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

Do I need to zoom in on mine?

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357253607.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357253618.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

chrono said:
Your choice of either blue or yellow.
Wow!!!!!

Not helping my growing desire for an EC!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

My favorites:

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357253957.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357253972.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

ame|1357240816|3346502 said:
imspecializd said:
Thanks.
Hi! Thanks!!

They are a little pricier than a standard ideal cut, but not terribly much more. It's finding one with specs that you like.

Passing out...yes. Let's just say that the officers that came to retrieve me inside the gym to alert me to the robbery got a good show, as did the people on the lot/other victims, a friend of mine that was present, and if there are any videos on file of my reaction to listing it the contents of my bag, and then realizing what all was stolen based on the pouches....I have a feeling I'd win some money on America's Funniest Home Videos because it was a meltdown of epic proportions. They had to put me in the cop car til I could calm down because I was seriously irrational. They called DH and my parents couldn't even get me to calm down. I called the bank and they handled it and then called my husband at the house to handle the rest, and thankfully he was awake. Because I was a lunatic.

I messaged Jon at GOG when I got home after I filed the insurance claim, because the cops told me I had to do that immediately, and if it was recovered it would be pretty much immediately, so the insurance could be undone if it was. Then the cops were like "lady you can try to go to the pawn shops but it's really unlikely you'll find the rings." I provided the cops with a million photos of my purse, my rings, my pouches and my wallet, (the detective thought I was a crazy person having photos of my rings and reports and whatnot to send him) so that if they turned up at a Pawn shop I had them tied to my police report, but I don't think they ever told me if there was a suspect arrested. Due to the value of my rings and the value of the stuff stolen from another victim there that day it was a felony breaking and entering and felony something else. I went to probably 100 pawn shops with pics and with my police report. I didn't have any luck and I had a couple friends who LOVED pawn-shopping still on the prowl for a little over a year afterwards. I still actually have dreams where one of us will find it in a case at a pawn shop and buy it back. I know one of my friends wanted it for herself (half jokingly) and honestly, I wouldn't have an issue if she bought it for herself bec I know she would have it and not someone else. It would be safe.

But the amount of insurance did allow for an upgrade, even though I didn't really want one at first, and almost didn't get anything for a while...and kind of ended up with one due to supply. DH and I were pretty sore about this though, he especially was because he was really proud of that purchase, and he didn't want anything to do with this replacement at all. I could've gone bigger if I wanted an H&A though, and briefly had a 1.4 (memory is fuzzy now) H&A that I just didn't love enough to keep. I would rather have this cut than the size I think. If I upgrade this, it will probably stay Star129 if possible and Ill have to make it a decent jump sizewise I think to make it worthwhile. That won't happen for a while.

Back to the show....

Wow. That's traumatic! I knew about the pricing on the star129. Maybe some day...I love that your DH picked out the stone originally! I think it's so sweet when men get attached to the original erings. My DH is very attached to my first setting. We also had insurance replace my stone because we bought it online and it ended up having a huge chip and crack. I threw a huge fit and hardly calmed down till the new stone was set.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1357248080|3346633 said:
My favourite fire picture.

greorge1_3.jpg
THAT is magnificent. I really think that setting is absolutely PERFECT with that stone.

04diamond<3|1357251359|3346677 said:
ame|1357240816|3346502 said:
imspecializd said:
Thanks.
Hi! Thanks!!

Back to the show....

Wow. That's traumatic! I knew about the pricing on the star129. Maybe some day...I love that your DH picked out the stone originally! I think it's so sweet when men get attached to the original erings. My DH is very attached to my first setting. We also had insurance replace my stone because we bought it online and it ended up having a huge chip and crack. I threw a huge fit and hardly calmed down till the new stone was set.
eeep...I would not be in good shape if I end up with a chip/crack in this!!! I was a NIGHTMARE after the theft. Not just the ring, but these people had my spare key to my house, my car, and had my address and a lot our financials. I was a disaster. I was so freaked at the prospect of what will the open in my name, when are they gonna show up here looking for more...yknow? I was a mess. And I had both mine and my partners Amex cards in my wallet at the time bec I had to bring his with me for a print job --- he had originally paid, his number was on the bill and they had to credit his card on the overcharge --- and I was like...hyperventilating that both of our cards for work were involved now, that we had to lock those and omg I was a disaster. My parents gave us cash and the bank allowed us a limit on DH's account and didn't lock his out thankfully, and AMEX overnighted me--on a Saturday for Sunday delivery no less--a card for my business and for my work and my partner to my house and his house replacements...That was freaking amazing btw. I love them. I just sat at dinner that night crying and whimpering like a freak. I think our waitress thought I was a crazy person. haha

He did sort of pick it! But I wouldn't say he entirely picked it. He is mostly proud of the being able to say he paid for it in cash. It sounds so funny to say he walked in and plunked cash down, especially the first time around. But he's proud of that. I picked a few and then he picked one from my pre-selected set. He wasn't going to do it totally blind because he knows I am extremely particular and hate surprises. We had another engagement ring prior, it was a Tiffany we picked in store and they damaged it before we even got out of the store (it was dropped by the SA by accident (and I can still to this day see it play in my head!) and sheared off at the prong when it hit the case) and that was a huge dramatic ordeal from the start. They lost it internally not once but twice, when we finally got a stone picked out in replacement, they sent it in for a setting and it was lost again, though we think it was just not marked sold and resold to someone else, and it drug on for like months...eventually we finally just said thanks just give us our money back. Then we took a long break on rings and I wore a ring I had from him already. Then we found out about these star129s and he said hey lets go look at them. I didn't want to at first but did eventually. We went back again a few weeks later and he said Ok pick out what you like, and I picked out several that I loved from the selection, and he was like "those are so ...small." But I was happy in that size (and price) range. So they brought out more in the range HE liked, and I found two on the smaller end of his size range, and there was a few then that he knew I was happy with that he could choose from. I think it's funny that the first stone we looked at was a 1.11 D VS1 I think? And it was like $7-8k at the time almost a decade ago. And he wanted that one, but I thought the price was INSANE, and that it seemed so big that it was weird on my hand. But damn it was gorgeous. It ended up selling not long after and he was all upset. And now I am wearing a 1.15 H VS1. Oh the irony of that. I haven't had the original anything in a LONG time, but I don't have a ton of sentiment to anything. The only ring I think of any sentiment is the promise ring, and that I can't fit into anymore, my knuckle is too big, and it can't be sized. I haven't been able to get it over my knuckle in a few years sadly. If I can lube my finger up enough I can get it on and it fits the finger itself fine but the knuckle not so much.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My trannie.

_2785.jpg

_2786.jpg

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock

Not exactly a firework, but I tried :)

treelight.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

bastetcat|1357174467|3345892 said:
Glorious photos! I love to look at (and photograph) fire pics!
My OEC in late afternoon
The colors coming from your ring Bastecat!! Wowowowow :o :sun: :o !!!! I hope you (& everyone who wants to) will post more pics from different angles. There's no way that one or two pics is gonna get me through the entire new year ;)).

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

hybridhera|1357153085|3345596 said:
ETA, Roxy, by God, I love your rings! I had a half eternity band from an inheritance and boy did that thing throw fire! Beautiful fire, everyone.
Thanks Hybridhera, I appreciate your saying that!! I've wanted eternity bands for so long, and worked so hard on the design of my rings, that it really is unreal when I look at my left hand.

I'm totally addicted to the performance of the H&As now, so poor DH is already saving extra money for my studs, bracelet, & necklace 'cause he's figured out that I only want the "super cuts" from now. :naughty: :lol:

D

Deactivated member 42515

I think I got it right. At least better than before...

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357276570.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357276579.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357276588.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357276597.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

I need sunglasses! That's amazing!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

ame|1357222289|3346195 said:
Thanks! That Channel set in the two called stacking boxes or whatever is the Tiffany, and Id guess the melee are maybe 2-3pts at most in that based on width of the band. The one in the other two is the Flyer I don't have anymore, the melee in that was around 1.5 pointers. They were amazingly well cut, I just had issues with their workmanship and the fact that they'd send the band back to me with a couple stones damaged or prongs lifted. It was just sloppy and not well made and for the insane price point...not good. But holy hell did their melee sparkle. I got my money back on that and eventually bought the Tiffany after a lot of fighting with myself over it. I wasn't going to buy anything and was just going to go with the plain band.

Oh, THAT'S your Flyer!! I read all of your posts about the manufacturing problems you were having & NOW I see why you were trying so hard to give them a chance to make things right (vs getting a refund right away). What a beautiful ring!

Because I love prong set eternities (4-prong, shared-prong, whatever), I was scouring PS for any pros or cons re prong set designs as I was working on mine, so your posts were really informative. I'm just SO SORRY you had to go through all of that, wow!!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

alisonia333|1357234037|3346368 said:
ame said:
I love my big fireworks! Big chunky facets on my stone. Your ring looks gorgeous in the sun, especially with that blue flour and the cut is really cool and unique. I love fire shots :)
Alisonia, you're not the only one who loves your big fireworks. Your ring looks like you're walking around w/ a piece of the sun on your finger! :love:
These fire shots are so much fun to look at! I hope you have more. :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

YT|1357273711|3346895 said:
:love: :love: :love:

Roxy|1357296649|3346991 said:
ame|1357222289|3346195 said:

Oh, THAT'S your Flyer!! I read all of your posts about the manufacturing problems you were having & NOW I see why you were trying so hard to give them a chance to make things right (vs getting a refund right away). What a beautiful ring!

Because I love prong set eternities (4-prong, shared-prong, whatever), I was scouring PS for any pros or cons re prong set designs as I was working on mine, so your posts were really informative. I'm just SO SORRY you had to go through all of that, wow!!
yea I LOVED that ring, I REALLLLY wanted that to get done right so SO much. It was PERFECTION with my ering. Stone size, width...I loved it. I wish so much they could've done it right. I almost went with an SK before the Tiffany but the idea of custom at that point was just too much for my nerves. I still may someday.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Roxy|1357265817|3346877 said:
bastetcat|1357174467|3345892 said:
Glorious photos! I love to look at (and photograph) fire pics!
My OEC in late afternoon
The colors coming from your ring Bastecat!! Wowowowow :o :sun: :o !!!! I hope you (& everyone who wants to) will post more pics from different angles. There's no way that one or two pics is gonna get me through the entire new year ;)).

Hee Hee! I totally get that! I love to take fire pics and will surely do more.And thank you for the compliment. :).

Mayk- I really love your trannie and its setting! Slurp.

YT- you are so funny! Love the pics! Keep posting. Such a beauty!

Another trick I've used for fire is an unlit (no lights on) room with afternoon sun. I mostly close the curtains and park myself at the join. Take fire pics in the sunlight coming through, back to the window shining on the stone. I think I did an earring picture like that somewhere

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

YT|1357273711|3346895 said:

Pretty!!!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock

This is an okay quality photo clicked with my cellphone but look at the fiiiiiiiiiiire :naughty: This is my .83 Solasfera (H, SI2) from GOG.

img_20130104_103504.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

rubyshoes said:
This is an okay quality photo clicked with my cellphone but look at the fiiiiiiiiiiire :naughty: This is my .83 Solasfera (H, SI2) from GOG.
That's allll fire baby!

Also! I love your nail color! What is it! It's so retro and 90's! I love it!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results