shape
carat
color
clarity

Lets post our wedding dresses!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
teebee! what a lovely gown! It reallly reminds me of the jenny lee lace gown i triend on. it was an ivory alencon lace overlaid over a pale gold charmeuse. heavenly! i really really liked it. i'm lacking in the boobage dept, so i loved what the lace sweetheart neckline did
emwink.gif
...and i tend to not be a sweetheart fan, but it really looks more v-neck-y with the wide straps and not as 80s y'know? anyhow, love the dress and the sexy backless...heehee, mine is that way too and it make feel a tiny bit scandalous to be wearing it on my wedding day!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/9/2005 2:20:39 PM
Author: HOUMedGal
BUUUUMP for all the ladies who have recently gotten their dresses!!! C''mon girls, let''s see ''em!!
36.gif
I was holding out until got pictures of THE dress and not the wrong colored one, but here goes. There''s no picture anywhere of this dress in white on white, so use your imagination. When my mom and aunt tried to take a picture of me with the digital camera they got it stuck on "Movie Mode", so I have movies of the gown, but no photos! LOL!

Okay, so picture white on white with the flower removed and not sure what I''m gonna put in the flower''s spot but I have an excellent seamstress who I''m really excited to have start working on the alterations.

My dress on model2422.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
self-love
Your gown is BEAUTIFUL! I love the simplicity of it. Its just classic. I hope you get pics of you in the white/white version soon!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous dress, selflove! Have you considered replacing the flower w/ a vintage broach?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty Selflove and I love the vintage brooch idea!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
MS ~ You rock!! Thanks for posting the detail shots!

Tybee ~ I know you''re right & I just need to go try on some gowns... Ugh, the thought makes me shudder - I don''t even like how I look in regular clothes right now, much less bridal gowns!! Then again, maybe that''s what I need to give me a kick in the a$$!! If I had your figure I wouldn''t be worrying too much about the alterations! For me, being five feet tall... Well, let''s just say that I''m ALWAYS thinking about alterations when I try almost anything on - they are just a fact of life for me. And, since I still need to lose a lot of weight before I walk down the aisle, then I''m trying to take that into consideration as well.

GingerBcookie ~ I ADORE that Jenny Lee gown!!!! OMG it is just a stunning gown. And a big reason why I was drawn to this Maggie gown. I''m not a real traditional sweetheart neckline fan either - this Maggie is listed as a sweetheart, but it''s more of a shallow v-neck to me. The back... love it... but that is one area that concerns me - I don''t have the sexy back to go with the dress, but I''m working on it!!

Selflove ~ Beautiful!!!! I 2nd Brightspot''s suggestion of a broach to replace the flower - it could really be a beautiful touch for such a classic gown.

Alright, now I''m off to my organic chem class... Good grief, school is really starting to cramp my style - I just never have enough time to post on PS anymore (well, and the moving has taken up almost all of my free time lately - still unpacking!).

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, a sparkly brooch in place of the flower is my top idea so far--I''m so glad you all agree! I bought several of them with my mom and aunt and then we tried them all on with the gown. We unanimously picked one of them, got the matching jewelery, and then took pictures (which were actually the mini movies so I can''t post pics).

The other ideas I have are to take the excess fabric from the length that needs to be hemmed and have my seamstress create a fabric rose or flower of some type. I''m going to have her design something and then decide. I''ll post pics for voting.

I was also wondering if she can alter the straight neckline into a princess neckline--how would that look?

I can''t wait to get more pics and post them and then also post pics of the big poufy ball gown I have for our second wedding!! Completely different look!

I''m so excited!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Minny

Rough_Rock
Okay, I am trying not to be too dramatic here, but I LOVE THAT MAGGIE DRESS, teebee!!!! In fact, I am having a little bit of buyer''s remorse/jealousy/anxiety about my own dress now that I see that one......mine is very similar, except I always kind of wished it weren''t strapless AND had a sweetheart or v-neck neckline AND had buttons down the back!!!
23.gif
Oh god, someone help me please!! I don''t even think I have time to become a two-dress bride!! (the wedding is in January...)

Excuse me, I have to go scour ebay.................
32.gif

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, Teebee, that Maggie is gooooooorgeous!!! I am in love with it!!! I love the lace, the back is just soooo sexy, and the neckline looks more V-neck than sweetheart to me (which I think is a good thing!). And the buttons in the back give it a yummy romantic touch...I just love it!! Seriously, you HAVE to try it on and show us!!!!

Selflove, you should totally do a sparkly brooch. It would be PERFECT!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Minny ~ You''re right, the Maggie is quite similar to your dress, which I love. You may not have time to be a 2-dress bride but I think you could always make a few alterations to your current dress if you are really wanting to have some of those features. Like, the Maggie dress is really a zip-up back w/ buttons - I''d bet you could have buttons added, as well as straps, and a good seamstress may even be able to alter the neckline a little? I dunno, your dress is so beautiful and it looks perfect on you - I''d hate to mess with a good thing!!!

HOUMedGal ~ I agree re: neckline - I don''t realy get why they call it sweetheart? I think I''m going to make a few calls this week to see if either of the 2 shops in town that carry Maggie happen to have this dress. I''m not ready to try on but I''d sure like to see it in person...

Minny

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Teebee -- you''re right (the frenzy has subsided somewhat). I do love my dress, and maybe I will love it even more if I make some minor changes......I''ll have to see when the actual dress comes in (should be in November...). But in the meantime, PLEASE try that Maggie on and post some pics so we can see what it looks like on a real person!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeease.....
9.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I agree,
Don''t worry about your weight right now Teebee, just put that darn dress on. You''ll know, whether you are ideally skinny or not.
(PS one weight loss trick that''s been working wonders for me: WATER! I''ve been drinking so much water you''d think I''d float away. I started it to help clear up my skin, but have been seeing some weight loss results too. I wake up each morning and drink two big glasses before I even start the day. Then I keep it coming. One big problem is that I have to use the bathroom a lot, but my skin looks better AND my jeans are looser.)

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
selflove: That was a dress I was interested in, but didn't try on because my mom didn't like the flower or the rose colored fabric. We didn't know you could get white on white with the flower removed... Damn...

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/11/2005 11:57:09 AM
Author: aphisiglovessae
selflove: That was a dress I was interested in, but didn''t try on because my mom didn''t like the flower or the rose colored fabric. We didn''t know you could get white on white with the flower removed... Damn...
That''s so funny b/c if I didn''t like the white on white when it came in, I was going to get YOUR dress!! And actually I removed the flower myself with the idea that I loved the cut but that the flower could be easily replaced by a sparkly piece of jewelry (probably inspired by the sparkly on the waistband of your dress) or by a softer fabric flower.
1.gif

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/10/2005 3:32:21 PM
Author: MelissaSue
self-love
Your gown is BEAUTIFUL! I love the simplicity of it. Its just classic. I hope you get pics of you in the white/white version soon!
Finally got some pics of my dress--sorry it''s just on the hanger but no one besides fiance has been around to photograph me in it. This is the "original version".

Full dress wth flower.JPG

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
And here it is with a "trial" brooch.

Full dress wth broach.JPG

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Close up of the brooch.

Close up of broach.JPG

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Close up of the flower....so tell me which way the dress looks better: with the original flower or with the brooch? Thanks!

Close up of flower 2894357439.jpg.JPG

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
And the necklace I planned to wear if I go the way of the brooch...

Necklace 34985473984.jpg.JPG

E B

Ideal_Rock
Selflove, that's a gorgeous dress! I have to say, I like the brooch better. A lot better!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
OOOH! Such a pretty dress! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Its so simple yet stunning! I like the brooch better too!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is gorgeous, selflove! I love, love, love it with the brooch!
36.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Self Love that is beautiful. Brooch all the way! Love it. Great necklace too.
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i agree- BROOCH. it adds that perfect oomph!

Faerievert

Shiny_Rock
I like the brooch much better. It''s obvious from your previous posts that you''re not diggin the flower, so ditch it!

Faerievert

Shiny_Rock
I finally have my own to post! Whoohoo!!! It''s from the Moonlight Jewel Collection Link to more info. We paid $703 for it a B. Ella Bridal in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I just picked it up Tuesday, and now I have to store it until my my fitting in early April. All the have to do is hem up the dress to the right length, add the bustle buttons (I''m doing a double french), and put some cups into the bust.
On the model:
moonlightjewel.jpg

On me:
2e2704ff.jpg

1d0b941c.jpg

Some details:
b06704d6.jpg

DSCN0261.jpg

d42c0df3.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2005 11:02:02 AM
Author: Faerievert
I finally have my own to post! Whoohoo!!! It''s from the Moonlight Jewel Collection Link to more info. We paid $703 for it a B. Ella Bridal in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I just picked it up Tuesday, and now I have to store it until my my fitting in early April. All the have to do is hem up the dress to the right length, add the bustle buttons (I''m doing a double french), and put some cups into the bust.
On the model:
moonlightjewel.jpg

On me:

Some details:
You dress is beautiful. I love the detail on it and the back is breathtaking! I love it!
Looks great on you!! Congrats!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Faerievert, I
30.gif
your dress!!!! I love the red color and the details!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Ironlace

Rough_Rock
Here''s mine!

3943_500x500.jpg

can''t wait to get it in my hands! Deposit''s been paid and first measurements taken.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results