shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
The first time I rode as a little girl, I was learning about cadence in the saddle, so I didn't have my feet in the stirrups (thank goodness). The horse rolled in the sand with me on his back, his legs kicking up to the sky. I was able to jump off, otherwise I would have been smooshed!
1237413ff5kd0q598.gif

Palominos are so gorgeous, @Daisys and Diamonds!!

PURPLE is up and I just happen to have a ring fresh off the bench from Inken Krause (Enhoerning Jewelry)! I may start a separate thread. Royal purple garnet with yellow diamonds. You guys have seen the loose stones previously.
thum12.gif

download (7).jpg

Beautiful stone, great colour combination, classic design.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
The first time I rode as a little girl, I was learning about cadence in the saddle, so I didn't have my feet in the stirrups (thank goodness). The horse rolled in the sand with me on his back, his legs kicking up to the sky. I was able to jump off, otherwise I would have been smooshed!
1237413ff5kd0q598.gif

PURPLE is up and I just happen to have a ring fresh off the bench from Inken Krause (Enhoerning Jewelry)! I may start a separate thread. Royal purple garnet with yellow diamonds. You guys have seen the loose stones previously.
thum12.gif

download (7).jpg

Is his combo a byproduct of your past thread on the "unremarkable" sapphire pairing?

Is his combo a byproduct of your past thread on the "unremarkable" sapphire pairing?

lol It is! I really wanted to use yellow diamonds as an accent, but they ended up clashing with the periwinkle sapphire. Since yellow is a complementary color of purple, I thought this may be an interesting pairing! Thank you for asking (and remembering)!!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
lol It is! I really wanted to use yellow diamonds as an accent, but they ended up clashing with the periwinkle sapphire. Since yellow is a complementary color of purple, I thought this may be an interesting pairing! Thank you for asking (and remembering)!!

It turned out beautiful!! The purple/yellow was my vote in the other thread - love the combo. Also looking forward to seeing the peri/tangerine ring!!

It turned out beautiful!! The purple/yellow was my vote in the other thread - love the combo. Also looking forward to seeing the peri/tangerine ring!!

Oh I have a terribly sad tale about that, my friend! I had the peach tourmaline recut in anticipation of setting it in a toi et moi with the periwinkle sapphire. It was either lost, stolen, or misdelivered by the carrier. We have no idea at this point. I haven't had the heart to even speak of it, and there's a lump in my throat as I type. It's a long, sordid story, but I've sort of come to terms with the fact that it may not find its way home. I'd had that stone for about 12 years.
crybaby.gif
In any event, I'm debating replacing it or substituting in a different stone (I have a trillion pink spinel that is a good size for the sapphire). We shall see!

Last edited:

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, sir! Did you see @LilAlex's new ring? I know you appreciate well-done men's jewelry. :)

Indeed I did! It's a work of art. When I look through PS, there are many rings I admire, but just a few that I envy... If we could vote for JOTW, this would have got my vote for Jewel of the Year.

As I said at the time, there's a sort of convention that men's rings are supposed to be simple but stylish, with clean architectural lines. This is the approach I try to use for my rings. I'd love to break out of it, but I probably never will, because I fear the design process would be too stressful and high-risk.

Indeed I did! It's a work of art. When I look through PS, there are many rings I admire, but just a few that I envy... If we could vote for JOTW, this would have got my vote for Jewel of the Year.

As I said at the time, there's a sort of convention that men's rings are supposed to be simple but stylish, with clean architectural lines. This is the approach I try to use for my rings. I'd love to break out of it, but I probably never will, because I fear the design process would be too stressful and high-risk.

Even as a woman, where we're "allowed" to be a little more daring with design, you can see I also tend towards classic lines. So, for me, that makes workmanship even more important, because there's nothing to distract the eye away from awkward joints, gaps, asymmetry, etc. Your pieces are so well-executed, the careful creations of obviously talented goldsmiths. And clearly you collaborate brilliantly with them. I am also envious of those who take risks and reap the rewards! We have so many of them here on PS... there's never any shortage of inspiration, that's for sure.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
1237413ff5kd0q598.gif

thum12.gif

download (7).jpg

wow !
she is gorgouse !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I have a terribly sad tale about that, my friend! I had the peach tourmaline recut in anticipation of setting it in a toi et moi with the periwinkle sapphire. It was either lost, stolen, or misdelivered by the carrier. We have no idea at this point. I haven't had the heart to even speak of it, and there's a lump in my throat as I type. It's a long, sordid story, but I've sort of come to terms with the fact that it may not find its way home. I'd had that stone for about 12 years.
crybaby.gif
In any event, I'm debating replacing it or substituting in a different stone (I have a trillion pink spinel that is a good size for the sapphire). We shall see!

may it still turn up
?
can i gently inquire the time line ?

may it still turn up
?
can i gently inquire the time line ?

Thank you, love. I'm hopeful, but preparing myself for the loss. And it will be the first time I've ever actually had a package truly go missing. Lots of delays and misroutings and nail-biters in the past, but never a straight-up loss. The package has been unaccounted for since 7/28. :| So we're going on a month...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, love. I'm hopeful, but preparing myself for the loss. And it will be the first time I've ever actually had a package truly go missing. Lots of delays and misroutings and nail-biters in the past, but never a straight-up loss. The package has been unaccounted for since 7/28. :| So we're going on a month...

I’ve had packages go quiet for more than 4 months and turn up. So there is hope!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

your country is very large
i hope it is just ratteling around somewhere momentaryly overlooked
i have told this story before but may it give you some hope
so Bruce had a new cd coming out
sometimes its quicker to order from America (prepandemic) than be at the ,mercy of sony NZ
so my cd had winged it way to NZ and had arrived by road to the freight depo the next town down from the little hick place i worked in
the courier was on the lookout for it because i was getting it delivered to work so it would come straight from the courier van to my desk
and because he knew me and he knew it was Bruce he was on the lookout for it

turns out it had fallen down inside one of those bug cages freight compnaies use
it was safe but was just being missed every day when the run was being loaded
Finally a nice lady on the phone at the depo went out into the loading dock and looked in the cage and found it (that took about 10 days by which time the cd was in the shops in NZ)
i know your beautiful stone has much more monatary worth than my little package had but its also an even smaller package

I’ve had packages go quiet for more than 4 months and turn up. So there is hope!

Oh wow, thank you for the encouragement! And I'm glad your package eventually made its way to you!! I'd like to think there is the possibility of a happy ending. But we're sort of convinced the package may have been delivered to the wrong address, and that person is failing to do the right thing. I hope it's not the case. Anyway, we shall see!

your country is very large
i hope it is just ratteling around somewhere momentaryly overlooked
i have told this story before but may it give you some hope
so Bruce had a new cd coming out
sometimes its quicker to order from America (prepandemic) than be at the ,mercy of sony NZ
so my cd had winged it way to NZ and had arrived by road to the freight depo the next town down from the little hick place i worked in
the courier was on the lookout for it because i was getting it delivered to work so it would come straight from the courier van to my desk
and because he knew me and he knew it was Bruce he was on the lookout for it

turns out it had fallen down inside one of those bug cages freight compnaies use
it was safe but was just being missed every day when the run was being loaded
Finally a nice lady on the phone at the depo went out into the loading dock and looked in the cage and found it (that took about 10 days by which time the cd was in the shops in NZ)
i know your beautiful stone has much more monatary worth than my little package had but its also an even smaller package

That's why they call him The Boss, my friend! He wasn't about to disappoint his biggest fan.
cleader.gif

Thank you for relating the story... I hope you're right!! I do have a Plan B for the project, should the tourmaline remain MIA. But I'll hold out hope for now.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1237413ff5kd0q598.gif

thum12.gif

download (7).jpg

Wow, oh wow, that is one gorgeous garnet in one gorgeous ring!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's why they call him The Boss, my friend! He wasn't about to disappoint his biggest fan.
cleader.gif

Thank you for relating the story... I hope you're right!! I do have a Plan B for the project, should the tourmaline remain MIA. But I'll hold out hope for now.

my fingers are super glued crossed for you !

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
crybaby.gif

Please, say it’s not so! I am sure you are crushed-it was such a beautiful stone. I hope you are correct that it was misdelivered, BUT, that the recipient DID do the right thing and returned to carrier. However, due to Covid and general shipping idiosyncrasies, it is temporarily down a misdirected mail rabbit hole, and will show up to you soon. Fingers crossed

Wow, oh wow, that is one gorgeous garnet in one gorgeous ring!

I'm flattered you think so! Thanks so much!!

I've considered a moi et toi with the blueish spinel it's been in a long term relationship with in this jar. 20220818_101906.jpg

I, too, am loving this pairing! And the size and cut look nearly identical. 'Twas meant to be!!

Please, say it’s not so! I am sure you are crushed-it was such a beautiful stone. I hope you are correct that it was misdelivered, BUT, that the recipient DID do the right thing and returned to carrier. However, due to Covid and general shipping idiosyncrasies, it is temporarily down a misdirected mail rabbit hole, and will show up to you soon. Fingers crossed

I know, I was just sick over it for weeks. And it isn't easy to find pure peach tones without any brown. That's why I don't think I'm even going to try to replace it. I'm just going to pivot in a totally different direction with the project. But, yeah, it was such a soft creamsicle color. Ughhhh I can't even think about it! In truth though, had it been a different stone (like the ruby), I may have lost my mind. So now I'm going to be even more trepidatious about sending these guys through the mail. :???: Anyway, thank you for commiserating with me!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I know, I was just sick over it for weeks. And it isn't easy to find pure peach tones without any brown. That's why I don't think I'm even going to try to replace it. I'm just going to pivot in a totally different direction with the project. But, yeah, it was such a soft creamsicle color. Ughhhh I can't even think about it! In truth though, had it been a different stone (like the ruby), I may have lost my mind. So now I'm going to be even more trepidatious about sending these guys through the mail. :???: Anyway, thank you for commiserating with me!

@Autumn in New England I do hope it shows up, somehow. It must be gut-wrenching…
On a happier note, your purple garnet ring looks luscious and magnificent! Hope you are already wearing and enjoying it.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1237413ff5kd0q598.gif

thum12.gif

download (7).jpg

This is AMAAAAAAAZING!!! The colors, the prongs...exquisite!

@Autumn in New England I do hope it shows up, somehow. It must be gut-wrenching…
On a happier note, your purple garnet ring looks luscious and magnificent! Hope you are already wearing and enjoying it.

This is AMAAAAAAAZING!!! The colors, the prongs...exquisite!

Thank you, ladies!! I'm excited... trying to be more adventurous with color, thanks to all the fabulous inspo on this forum (and thread). :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results