shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My late MIL’s boyfriend, “Al,” is very much a part of our lives because he’s part of my late MIL’s trust, which my husband administers.

He recently got scammed out of almost all of his savings, including a not small bequest my mother-in-law had left him, and the proceeds from the sale of one of their cars. :angryfire: It was a telephone scam in which the callers convinced him he had won the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes, but had to pay the taxes up front to claim his winnings. He was apparently skeptical and reluctant to participate, but they kept after him until they wore down his resistance. They promised him a monthly payments that would erase his financial worries, and allow him to leave an inheritance for his kids. They sent him photographs of Steve Harvey holding “his” check, and had both “Steve Harvey” and the “CEO of Publishers Clearinghouse” talk to him on the phone (both fake, I’m sure.). They convinced him to lie to the bank about the reasons for his big withdrawal, and they timed everything just right to prevent the bank from reversing anything once the scheme was uncovered.

The worst part of the whole thing is how the scam left “Al” feeling about himself. It took about a week before he was able to call and tell us about what happened - and I think we were the first family members he confided in. (All this happened while we were traveling on the other side of the country, though I doubt that it would have made any difference if we’d been nearer.) The bright side is that “Al” had been languishing since my MIL’s death about two years ago - and he’s now more serious about selling his artwork. Plus my late MIL owned the house they lived in outright, and her trust provides for him to continue living there - and left him another car that he could sell.

Still this whole scam business makes me so mad - especially the way they seem to prey on seniors. (My late father got caught in a scam in the years before his death, but it was much, much smaller and his bank was eventually willing to restore most of what he lost.) And it’s frightening.

VR,

So sorry, someone in China just hacked my husband's Facebook, Instagram and our Netflix, it's been a mess resetting all passwords and ordering new cards.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of scams, I received an email yesterday purported to be from IRS. It started off saying they hoped I was well and doing fine - ha! It stated that after a review of my return. I was entitled to a $973 refund. Just needed to complete the information to receive it. I reported it and deleted it of course. I could just imagine some folks getting this and thinking it was their lucky day! So maddening and infuriating - particularly for older people who don’t fully understand how evil and wicked these predators can be today! I do agree though; there should be many public service announcements to tell people over and over that IRS and Social Security do not contact you by email or phone. With any question about it, at least ask for a letter in writing without having to give them your address. If they were legit, they would KNOW your address. So sorry for so many victims of these thieves!!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After nearly 4 years of having a Covid-free household, my daughter has now come down with it. She thought it was just a cold, and we all hung out watching TV last night. Today she felt worse and called out sick, and when the fever kicked in she finally took a Covid test.
So DH and I have both been exposed. We're at-risk seniors. Vaccinated, but still....

Big snowstorm coming Saturday into Sunday.

My car failed its emissions test 3 times since early November. No reason anyone can figure out. So I have an appointment next week to have the Toyota dealership find out what is wrong with it.

This is not a fun week.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've also tested positive for Covid so I'm isolating in our basement finished room. (Our house only has 2 bedrooms and one bath so it's a challenge.) My DD seems to have a mild case, and so far my symptoms are mild also. The tickle/dry cough is annoying but I don't feel terrible.
My Dr. called in a prescription for Paxlovid which hubby will go get for me.
It could have been worse.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've also tested positive for Covid so I'm isolating in our basement finished room. (Our house only has 2 bedrooms and one bath so it's a challenge.) My DD seems to have a mild case, and so far my symptoms are mild also. The tickle/dry cough is annoying but I don't feel terrible.
My Dr. called in a prescription for Paxlovid which hubby will go get for me.
It could have been worse.

Feel better and I hope the symptoms stay mild.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
My BIL found out two days before Christmas that he has 4 new tumors. I am trying to keep my sister and my nephew distracted. BIL is going in today to find out the new treatment plan. Any positive vibes appreciated.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My BIL found out two days before Christmas that he has 4 new tumors. I am trying to keep my sister and my nephew distracted. BIL is going in today to find out the new treatment plan. Any positive vibes appreciated.

Sending all the positive vibes possible!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Healing vibes across the miles!!!!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
All of them, all of them.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending healing dust and vibes to your BIL and your family @lulu_ma. It’s so hard when those we love are dealing with a major illness.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted on an FB page purporting to be an actor (Michael Weatherly, NCIS & BULL) warning people that it was a fake page. The scammer running it contacted me to thank me for commenting and liking him. I told him to bog off as I wasn’t a desperate woman waiting to be scammed!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Grandchild #5 is being induced as we speak, and I've got a CRAPPY head cold that is going to keep me away for several days! GD-it!!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have rebound Covid. Just a dry cough, no other symptoms, but tested positive.
Isolating again. My DH still has not caught it and I have to protect him.

Waiting to hear from Dr. if I should take Paxlovid again. I'm guessing not.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Currently having an absolute meltdown because the diamond that I wanted (but didn’t quite have the funds for) disappeared from the website it was listed on. I technically could have made it work if I had asked my husband for a bit of $ but I was to stubborn. Now I’m irrationally pouty and since it was a drop ship inventory vendor I’m wondering if she’s still out there somewhere thinking about me like I’m thinking about her.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Currently having an absolute meltdown because the diamond that I wanted (but didn’t quite have the funds for) disappeared from the website it was listed on. I technically could have made it work if I had asked my husband for a bit of $ but I was to stubborn. Now I’m irrationally pouty and since it was a drop ship inventory vendor I’m wondering if she’s still out there somewhere thinking about me like I’m thinking about her.

Can you do an image search?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need one of those group hugs im always giving other people here
i just got accused of being scarcastic and of online abuse and the one that hurt the most being bitter
i came home from work early today really unwell because of the heat and i was just starting to feel a bit better so went to my happy place, the pearl forum

im really really upset because i am none of those things and surly ive been around here long enough and often enough for people to know that

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
i just got accused of being scarcastic and of online abuse and the one that hurt the most being bitter
i came home from work early today really unwell because of the heat and i was just starting to feel a bit better so went to my happy place, the pearl forum

im really really upset because i am none of those things and surly ive been around here long enough and often enough for people to know that

Whaaat?!!! :confused:

profilethai_group_hug_with_pooh_1024_1585.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't know who called you those things, but I have NEVER seen any indication of that from you. You seem to be one of the sweetest people on PS. I'm hoping it was only one poster who said these things to you, but if it was many, just don't go back there. You deserve better. I'm sorry and ignore them.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know who called you those things, but I have NEVER seen any indication of that from you. You seem to be one of the sweetest people on PS. I'm hoping it was only one poster who said these things to you, but if it was many, just don't go back there. You deserve better. I'm sorry and ignore them.
thank you
it was on our pearl forum here
i posted a picture of the late Queen on her wedding day in her pearls from her father and i had what i thought was a wee joke about Queen Cam and her VC&A
:(2

i dont do nor understand scarcasium

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
thank you
i posted a picture of the late Queen on her wedding day in her pearls from her father and i had what i thought was a wee joke about Queen Cam and her VC&A

Ignore those comments Daisy. I just looked-the other poster obviously misinterpreted something innocent-IGNORE!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you

Oh Daisy! That was just weird.
That poster completely misunderstood your post and came off so harsh!
Pleeeeeze don't be upset .....she doesn't know and love you like we do!❤️❤️❤️❤️

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree-- ignore it. The poster was way off base.

thank you everyone
i guess i must be over it because im busy posting on the royal jewel thread ;)2

Gary (who usually wouldnt notice) said i look really awful today so the heat is knocking me around, im so sorry for the people who are living in the snowy north right now, but im not coping in this heat

and im really sorry if ive ever said anything that really offended anyone
i do try to make a point of being particulary nice to new posters and bumping threads that only have a couple of posts (because you guys are all asleep and missed it) and also anyone with inherited jewlery or someone who i think needs welcoming and a friendly smile

i dont know as much about jewlery as most of you lovely people but i do know how to be nice
im off to find the ignore button
have never ever used it here -and only ever once on my Springsteen forum

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i went to the suermarket to buy some of those elecrolite drink sachetes (im drinking plenty of water) but i forgot what i went in for and came out with cat food

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sneezing my brains out today! Turns out rebound Covid isn't any more fun than the first time. This time around I also have a sore throat. Basically it feels like a nasty cold. I've read that Omicron targets the upper respiratory tract more then the lungs. Thank goodness.

The birds are attacking the feeders in our back yard, which I refilled right after I got up. I knocked the ice out of the birdbath and refilled it with fresh water, too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results