shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @jaysonsmom for you, your family and every one who loved him. The fact that he was so young makes it especially hard to bear. Please be good to yourself while you all grieve this sweet soul. This news is truly heartbreaking and painful. Hugs, Callie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

What heartbreaking news @jaysonsmom. That poor family. Healing vibes across the miles...

kind regards--Sharon

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
My husband will not get vaccinated. He is sure of deeper conspiracies, of dangerous outcomes, of defiantly proving he won't be "coerced". Add a cry of "FREEDOM" in here too.

I'm tired and depressed. Conversations and logic have not been as powerful as his conspiracy theories. When shown any sort of statistic, such as unvaccinated/vaccinated hospitalization rates, I am told that "they" have manipulated the statistics. It's a slippery rabbit hole. I am just so tired, mad and frustrated.

Mostly I am just worried about him. He is under 50, should be okay when he finally gets sick. He gets tested weekly for his work, so he should know soon enough to get help if needed.

2021 was rough, I am not sure 2022 will be much better. Thanks for listening.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband will not get vaccinated. He is sure of deeper conspiracies, of dangerous outcomes, of defiantly proving he won't be "coerced". Add a cry of "FREEDOM" in here too.

I'm tired and depressed. Conversations and logic have not been as powerful as his conspiracy theories. When shown any sort of statistic, such as unvaccinated/vaccinated hospitalization rates, I am told that "they" have manipulated the statistics. It's a slippery rabbit hole. I am just so tired, mad and frustrated.

Mostly I am just worried about him. He is under 50, should be okay when he finally gets sick. He gets tested weekly for his work, so he should know soon enough to get help if needed.

I'm sorry for "breaking the rules" Matata but @MMtwo (((((Hugs))))). You have done all you can do and in the end you can only truly control your behavior. Here's hoping your DH remains well. And if he does get sick he makes a full recovery.
I am so sorry because I can only imagine how challenging this must be. And FWIW I feel 2022 will be a much better year. Fingers crossed! XOXO.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry for "breaking the rules" Matata but @MMtwo (((((Hugs))))). You have done all you can do and in the end you can only truly control your behavior. Here's hoping your DH remains well. And if he does get sick he makes a full recovery.
I am so sorry because I can only imagine how challenging this must be. And FWIW I feel 2022 will be a much better year. Fingers crossed! XOXO.

Dear Missy,
Thanks for the hug and compassion, I really need a hug and a friend this morning. I've just been holding this in and for some reason today I just feel extra broken up about it. Otherwise, my husband is a model husband. This part is tough though, and a heavy weight between us.

Let's just hope Omicron has the positive aspect of finally moving us (as a world) through the active pandemic to a gentler, seasonal phase.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in the same boat @MMtwo with a younger family member. I cant even speak to them about it or I am ignored for long periods
of time. I have figured out that nothing I can say will change their mind so I have dropped the subject and hope for the best. Problem
is that when they do catch it, I'm probably going to have to be the one to take care of them. Not really fair is it? I can either keep
beating my head against a wall and ruin the relationship without changing a thing or, I can keep my mouth shut and hope for the
best. I have reluctantly chosen to keep my mouth shut. :(2

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jaysonsmom horrible news...so tragic at such a young age...I am sorry for the loss and prayers for the young man's family and friends.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
this makes me so angry :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:
i have had to delete all the F's:x2

F...ing usless bas*ards :angryfire:

Before i had to teach my own self to read (because the school system failed to build on the foundation Seaseem street had already given me) i had to sit with the dumb/naughty kids -and it helped none of us to all sit together :x2

Except now i know those kids wern't dumb and they wern't really naughty, they just had dyslexia and they were bored and neglected by the teachers who were too f...ing old to care

i mean thank God for the Otago daily times, and that once i got to high school you only lost so many marks for messy writiing and bad spelling and my English grade went from D's to A's and B's, still no one knew of dysgraphia when i was in school and i don't even think anyone knew of dyslexia for a long time either

But to think kids with that are still being neglected today makes my f...ing blood boil

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock

Hi MMtwo,

My husband just tested positive (Double Vaccinated) and is self isolating. I’m now quarantined as well but I’m triple… and so far negative.

Even though he is vaccinated and zero co-morbidities… there’s a little part of me that is worried.

So I wanted to tell you. I’m so sorry you are going through the stress and anxiety of this. The only thing I can tell you is that, ultimately, you can’t control this. You’ve done you part and what you can. As a healthcare worker… I often have to repeat it to myself dozens of times during the day “It’s in God/universe/higher power’s hands”

Sending you huge hugs.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm in the same boat @MMtwo with a younger family member. I cant even speak to them about it or I am ignored for long periods
of time. I have figured out that nothing I can say will change their mind so I have dropped the subject and hope for the best. Problem
is that when they do catch it, I'm probably going to have to be the one to take care of them. Not really fair is it? I can either keep
beating my head against a wall and ruin the relationship without changing a thing or, I can keep my mouth shut and hope for the
best. I have reluctantly chosen to keep my mouth shut. :(2
@tyty333 thanks for letting me know you're in the same boat. I'm so sorry that you are. There is no uncomplicated way through. Sending a hug and wishes for health for your family member.

I suspect that some humans "make it go away" by pushing it away. The vaccine becomes a symbol of mortality. The vaccinated become "weak". I have no idea. When COVID came out, talking about it was terrifying to him. Over time, I suspect that terror was channeled into controlling the narrative. He gets angry when I show him data. That's just not a rational response. What I am doing is threatening his narrative he built out of cards.

When my mom was diagnosed with cancer years ago, she said when the doctor told her, "You have breast cancer" her reply was, "I don't know you". Again, less about breast cancer and more about our weird human quirks and how we deal with danger.

Big sigh, big hug, let's hope these guys are okay.

Hi MMtwo,

My husband just tested positive (Double Vaccinated) and is self isolating. I’m now quarantined as well but I’m triple… and so far negative.

Even though he is vaccinated and zero co-morbidities… there’s a little part of me that is worried.

So I wanted to tell you. I’m so sorry you are going through the stress and anxiety of this. The only thing I can tell you is that, ultimately, you can’t control this. You’ve done you part and what you can. As a healthcare worker… I often have to repeat it to myself dozens of times during the day “It’s in God/universe/higher power’s hands”

Sending you huge hugs.
hi @allycat0303 I'm so sorry your husband is ill. I hope it is brief and he is back to feeling better soon. He's lucky to have you there for his support. In no way could you go through this and not struggle with fear. You love him. Big hugs.

Bless you for your compassion and care. Someday I hope we can figure out what exactly went sideways in a productive way. In the end, you are right and wise. We just cannot make people do things they do not want to do.

Thank you so much for all you do.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh joy :x2

the neighbours are having a domestic
and im not ringing 111
as Gary said its too frequent and last time i felt obliged to ring the operator really p**ed me off

sounds like they are breaking the house
its a drunken stonned mother and 6 adult drunken stonned children

wish they would get evicted
the worst thing is that our stary wild mommy tom cat is just back home from walk about and he looks a little worse for wear and he needs peace and quiet to rest and eat

one of the other neighbours will ring
they always have their domestics out on the front lawn so the whole street can hear

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
@tyty333 thanks for letting me know you're in the same boat. I'm so sorry that you are. There is no uncomplicated way through. Sending a hug and wishes for health for your family member.

I suspect that some humans "make it go away" by pushing it away. The vaccine becomes a symbol of mortality. The vaccinated become "weak". I have no idea. When COVID came out, talking about it was terrifying to him. Over time, I suspect that terror was channeled into controlling the narrative. He gets angry when I show him data. That's just not a rational response. What I am doing is threatening his narrative he built out of cards.

When my mom was diagnosed with cancer years ago, she said when the doctor told her, "You have breast cancer" her reply was, "I don't know you". Again, less about breast cancer and more about our weird human quirks and how we deal with danger.

Big sigh, big hug, let's hope these guys are okay.

hi @allycat0303 I'm so sorry your husband is ill. I hope it is brief and he is back to feeling better soon. He's lucky to have you there for his support. In no way could you go through this and not struggle with fear. You love him. Big hugs.

Bless you for your compassion and care. Someday I hope we can figure out what exactly went sideways in a productive way. In the end, you are right and wise. We just cannot make people do things they do not want to do.

Thank you so much for all you do.

MMtwo,

I agree with the pushing away. My husband is quarantining but he took another home rapid test (his 3rd rapid and he had PCR) because he’s convinced it’s a mistake!!!!! I bought A LOT of home rapid tests… but he’s so obviously positive. Multiple positive and he’s sick as a dog! He doesn’t want to accept it.

Humans have different ways to deal with trauma and stress. I think this is part of it as well. It’s been a very hard few years emotionally, financially etc. all puked on top of one another.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok ive rung 111
it took ages to answer
i dont think the coppers will be here anytime soon
the operator didnt ask me nearly the usual number of questions
meanwhile there is even more yelling and banging

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMtwo,

I agree with the pushing away. My husband is quarantining but he took another home rapid test (his 3rd rapid and he had PCR) because he’s convinced it’s a mistake!!!!! I bought A LOT of home rapid tests… but he’s so obviously positive. Multiple positive and he’s sick as a dog! He doesn’t want to accept it.

Humans have different ways to deal with trauma and stress. I think this is part of it as well. It’s been a very hard few years emotionally, financially etc. all puked on top of one another.

can your hubby get to a doctor or ring someone ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daisy,

Lol. I am a doctor. But you know, loved ones never believe anything I say. I have no idea why.

I hope your neighbors stop! Don’t go up and confront them. Domestic disturbances can get so ugly.

im glad your hubby has profesional care very close at hand (poor you too)
i hope he starts to get better soon

its all quiet now
i dont like to twitch at the curtain but if i look out the other windows hopefully i can see a cop car or five

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG ! cats are so nosey
the tiny little fluffa duffa is on the book case looking out the window at the policeman
i cant see how many cars
i let the hydranger grow out for this very reason

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
things just got worse
the adult daughter just came over and told us to stop calling the police or she will beat up the mother
anyway words were spoken
she said it was none of our bussiness
im happy to stay out of it but the mother called me and Gary by name to ring the cops
i said the whole street can hear and im sick of it
the bit*h said i can move
i said its my house im not moving
she said its hers too
i said no its not, you only rent

i was pretty hot under the collar by then
i dont get hot under the collar very often so i have little practice

honestly i am very usettled

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
things just got worse
the adult daughter just came over and told us to stop calling the police or she will beat up the mother
anyway words were spoken
im happy to stay out of it but the mother called me and Gary by name to ring the cops
she said its hers too

Oh Daisy.....
Do be careful!
You cannot reason with these neighbors!
Stay safe!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Daisy.....
Do be careful!
You cannot reason with these neighbors!
Stay safe!

thnak you
i hate confronattion of any kind
i would hide myself in the bathroom and cry but its the room cloesest to the enighbours
i really want to hang out the washing and check on the stray mommy cat
i guess he will have seen and heard worse in his life but we had just started to get less timid

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
thnak you
i hate confronattion of any kind
i would hide myself in the bathroom and cry but its the room cloesest to the enighbours
i really want to hang out the washing and check on the stray mommy cat
i guess he will have seen and heard worse in his life but we had just started to get less timid

Oh no, are the police still nearby? That poor older lady.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
MMtwo,

@allycat0303

What is it with these "tough guys"? :) My husband informed me the other day if he popped positive by PCR, but had no symptoms, he would assume it was a false positive. I told him he would HAVE TO SIT STILL IN THE HOUSE anyhow. I will sit on him if I have to.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no, are the police still nearby? That poor older lady.

none of them are all that old but they all have major problems with drugs and booze
the mother is about 50ish
the daughter 30ish and the wee kids under 10
they say its a cycle

i suspect the mother spent the grocery money on drugs or something eqaully as bad

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
@allycat0303

What is it with these "tough guys"? :) My husband informed me the other day if he popped positive by PCR, but had no symptoms, he would assume it was a false positive. I told him he would HAVE TO SIT STILL IN THE HOUSE anyhow. I will sit on him if I have to.

I think we are living the same life. My husband just told me. “I need to go to the grocery store. I’ll wear a mask”

I just nearly had a meltdown.

I very coldly told him, “How would you feel if someone who was known Covid positive was walking around the grocery where your mom shops?” (She’s elderly and immunosuppressed)

That shut him up. But I don’t know what is wrong with him. I literally am looking up the “psychology” behind this. And it says that it is because he does not believe that his actions affect the outcome.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
non covid and non life depending
but was just putting away the grocery delivery (no crumpets, no chillie and lime cashews) the laundry liquid - tropical scented, had been packed with the cat lollies (tempations ) but the cap was loose and there is pink gloop every where :x2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly I think more people than not would go out even knowing they have Covid if they feel OK. And not think about the safety of others. It's sad but it's true. People can be thoughtless and selfish and I am confident there are people who know they are infected with Covid who are out and about among others. With and without a mask. :(

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
things just got worse
anyway words were spoken
she said its hers too

So sorry you had to deal with all that insanity. Lately I keep picturing problem people (and also regular people who occasionally act poorly) as spreading a contagious illness and then you feel miserable too. Which probably sounds a little goofy lol.

Anyway, good for you for calling the police! It was brave and wonderful. As I'm sure we know, domestic fights can quickly escalate to someone getting seriously hurt or worse. I wonder what Ms. Big Mouth would have to say then.
-------------------------
About the husbands who refuse to understand how Covid works and act accordingly, omg I feel for y'all. I'd probably screech at him until poor Nicki had to call the cops again lol.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @Daisys and Diamonds what a cr*p day. .. Thank you for being the only adult in this whole street. I cannot fathom having to deal with this.

Please do be careful. I'm sending a HUGE BEAR hug across the waters to you!!!!!

@allycat0303 you're an incredibly patient and benevolent spouse. Hats off to you..

Lots of strength and PS dust and a huge thank you for being there for your patients and family. You're still gentle and thoughtful in spite of all this pressure ! ❤️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results