shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari, I’m so sorry. Sending condolences to your family.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My remaining family are a bunch of sh*ts. The good line has died out. Why couldn't it have been the other way round? One should be in jail and the rotten roots of the others are very obvious. How the violent criminal hasn't actually murdered anyone, I have no idea. I don't feel the slightest bit related to this lot. It must be wonderful to have a classy family. Basically, after my lovely maternal line died out, I was left with four paternal-side turds.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari - sending you best wishes at this difficult time.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@kipari I’m so sorry for your family’s loss. Just tragic :(

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kipari I’m sorry that your family is going through so much sorrow at once. Peace to you and yours as you maneuver thru the next phases of grief.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
S*I*show continues.

DH's cousin with cancer lost bis brother last weekend. Fell down the (few) steps leading to his front door. Broken skull. Dead immediately. 50 y/o. Kids.

That cousin lost his dad when he was 13. Then within short months his mother and sister when he was in his mind thirties. Now his remaining brother. All he could really say to us was: I cannot believe I'm the last one left now. It broke my heart.

Hes a lovely man. Thank goodness he's got his wife and their children and his extended family.

Heartbreaking and tragic. So sorry @kipari . :((

Healing vibes across the kms....Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@kipari I‘m so sorry..It’s heartbreaking….My heart goes out to you and your family.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On top of all that's going on right now, I have invited an energy vampire into my life. I knew I'd have to deal with him for the benefit of someone very vulnerable. But boy in 8 weeks he's trampled down all the boundaries we've carefully set. Like 30 elephants . Incredible.

Had a wonderful appointment with a counselor. Now need to redefine and reset the boundaries DH and I agreed on before our help mission.

44 years through lots of challenges I never felt the need to seek therapy. 8 weeks with him and BAM I had the urge to go ASAP. Like tomorrow.

Thank goodness for the blessing of finding someone helpful at the first try!!!!!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My FIL fell and fractured his hip yesterday. He is 88.
Because there are no beds at his local hospital, they transported him to a hospital 100 miles away. Of course he cannot have any visitors.:x2

Also, my 59 year old neighbor had a fall and suffered a brain injury. She was in the hospital for 20 days. There were no beds in any rehab facilities in our whole city. So they sent her to a rehab facility 300 miles away. And she cannot have any visitors. :x2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve learned the hard way, by giving the wrong person my phone number, that I need to have a screening process to weed out serial text chitchatters. So from now on requests will require a list of references and there will also be a written test. If you can’t write out “before” instead of “b4” then we can’t be friends, sorry.

Last edited:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just needing to vent a bit, it's been a rough 2 years. I lost a sister to COVID, one brother-in-law just passed from kidney failure and just found out another sister has slow growing Lyphoma and her husband has prostate cancer. Found out last week and old friend had a brain aneurism and is in a nursing home 100 miles from her family since May. I tend to get seasonal depression so that has reared it's ugly head as well as trying to keep up with my daughter's anxiety and depression. Can I get a break, a prayer, anything?

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just needing to vent a bit, it's been a rough 2 years. I lost a sister to COVID, one brother-in-law just passed from kidney failure and just found out another sister has slow growing Lyphoma and her husband has prostate cancer. Found out last week and old friend had a brain aneurism and is in a nursing home 100 miles from her family since May. I tend to get seasonal depression so that has reared it's ugly head as well as trying to keep up with my daughter's anxiety and depression. Can I get a break, a prayer, anything?

Praying for you....for all you've lost and how you are feeling.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm sending you prayers and buckets and buckets of magic PS dust!!!!!

❤️

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Sending you prayers! <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@autumngems sending you and your family lots of good wishes and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I’m so sorry @autumngems..That’s a lot of sadness to have to deal with. Sending you hugs and friendship..XO

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@autumngems thats a lot to unpack. lots of virtual hugs. I'm sorry you've had such a rough year.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huge winter storm heading our way this weekend. Series of earthquakes off our coast the past two days has everyone running around in a panic that our long predicted big one is coming. Waiting for the Martian invasion to cap off the week :((

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Huge winter storm heading our way this weekend. Series of earthquakes off our coast the past two days has everyone running around in a panic that our long predicted big one is coming. Waiting for the Martian invasion to cap off the week :((

You must be in OR? I'm in WA towards the northern part kind of in the mountains (actually right between a couple). This is our first winter in this house so not sure what to expect. The neighbor said little snow hits us. Mostly east with another pocket west. Weather maps are a bit vague. We either get next to nothing or a lot. Nothing to do but wait and see.

I am frustrated that we have a generator and haven't actually turned it on. Tried the last time we lost power for some long hours only to find a dead battery. Got a thing to start it and haven't used it. My back won't allow me to move the thing myself. DH doesn't feel like moving it unless we just leave it sitting outside until the stormy weather is gone and forecast is calm for a week. So it sits. Untested. We are on a well. No water if no power. I am not happy! Just have to hope we keep our power or the generator starts next time it is needed. (No water means no flushing toilet. Gets kind of disgusting after 12+ hours...)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You must be in OR?

Yep. We're in a valley that gets socked in with fog for a portion of the winter -- just coming off 2 wks of that -- but get snow on the valley floor every 5 years or so. The good thing is we have to drive only 20 minutes to get to snow for winter sports. We're hoping for a very wet winter to help ease the drought we've been dealing with for several years.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
You must be in OR? I'm in WA towards the northern part kind of in the mountains (actually right between a couple). This is our first winter in this house so not sure what to expect. The neighbor said little snow hits us. Mostly east with another pocket west. Weather maps are a bit vague. We either get next to nothing or a lot. Nothing to do but wait and see.

I am frustrated that we have a generator and haven't actually turned it on. Tried the last time we lost power for some long hours only to find a dead battery. Got a thing to start it and haven't used it. My back won't allow me to move the thing myself. DH doesn't feel like moving it unless we just leave it sitting outside until the stormy weather is gone and forecast is calm for a week. So it sits. Untested. We are on a well. No water if no power. I am not happy! Just have to hope we keep our power or the generator starts next time it is needed. (No water means no flushing toilet. Gets kind of disgusting after 12+ hours...)

Hey, we have sort of the same geographic thing here in Maine where I am(base of a mountain chain). Either it dumps, or nothing. We had no water in outages for fifteen years. It was real 'pioneer living' inconvenient. We always had the big blue water containers filled and in the barn for adding to the facilities/washing and pallets of bottled for drinking. It sucked. PIA. We actually have to live a little like preppers up here, at least. We just had the well pump added to a new 200 amp breaker panel(we used to have two 100's on opposite sides of the basement, which meant plugging things directly into the generator outside), an internal single switch over and then the 'whole house plug' installed on the outside of the house so it can all be carried by the generator now. It cost us a couple of thousand because of this major system upgrade, but if you have a newer electrical setup it should be much easier and much cheaper to add. It makes all the difference, especially when we can lose power for up to a week at a time if the rarer big storms hit. We also spent some money on a new generator that is lighter/easy start. I can actually move and use this one. This was another couple thousand. Worth it.
I can't tell you how ridiculously happy it makes me when the power goes out now and I can pee without a production and wash my hands in the sink. Maybe even get a glass of water after.
It's the little things.:lol:

Reactions: DAF

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, we have sort of the same geographic thing here in Maine where I am(base of a mountain chain). Either it dumps, or nothing. We had no water in outages for fifteen years. It was real 'pioneer living' inconvenient. We always had the big blue water containers filled and in the barn for adding to the facilities/washing and pallets of bottled for drinking. It sucked. PIA. We actually have to live a little like preppers up here, at least. We just had the well pump added to a new 200 amp breaker panel(we used to have two 100's on opposite sides of the basement, which meant plugging things directly into the generator outside), an internal single switch over and then the 'whole house plug' installed on the outside of the house so it can all be carried by the generator now. It cost us a couple of thousand because of this major system upgrade, but if you have a newer electrical setup it should be much easier and much cheaper to add. It makes all the difference, especially when we can lose power for up to a week at a time if the rarer big storms hit. We also spent some money on a new generator that is lighter/easy start. I can actually move and use this one. This was another couple thousand. Worth it.
I can't tell you how ridiculously happy it makes me when the power goes out now and I can pee without a production and wash my hands in the sink. Maybe even get a glass of water after.
It's the little things.:lol:

Sounds beautiful! I bet the colors in autumn are amazing.

The generator won't be too bad once we get things arranged. It is currently blocked in by the big chest freezer because that was the only open spot within reach of a plug when the last load came around 2:00am on move in day. Finally getting things cleared up enough to start having the ability to shift the freezer back to the wall and have the generator out. Added fun rolling it over a trench with a fence post in it that was desperate attempt at drainage this spring as the garage flooded every time it rained heavily. If we can finish that off a bit more formally, the wheels won't get stuck. Between the ditch and needing to move a full chest freezer, it is not a pleasant thing to haul out! It will run the well pump and almost everything else in the house. Heat from wood stove keeps the house toasty. We definitely have a bit of a prepped life going now! 25 miles down to the bigger town. 12 miles to a little town (which is also definitely in mountains and much heavier snow). Lots of trees. People routinely carry chainsaws in the truck/car to clear the road as needed.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Sounds beautiful! I bet the colors in autumn are amazing.

The generator won't be too bad once we get things arranged. It is currently blocked in by the big chest freezer because that was the only open spot within reach of a plug when the last load came around 2:00am on move in day. Finally getting things cleared up enough to start having the ability to shift the freezer back to the wall and have the generator out. Added fun rolling it over a trench with a fence post in it that was desperate attempt at drainage this spring as the garage flooded every time it rained heavily. If we can finish that off a bit more formally, the wheels won't get stuck. Between the ditch and needing to move a full chest freezer, it is not a pleasant thing to haul out! It will run the well pump and almost everything else in the house. Heat from wood stove keeps the house toasty. We definitely have a bit of a prepped life going now! 25 miles down to the bigger town. 12 miles to a little town (which is also definitely in mountains and much heavier snow). Lots of trees. People routinely carry chainsaws in the truck/car to clear the road as needed.

Sounds familiar! It is beautiful to live in these places and I can't see myself anywhere else- but a big PIA sometimes it can be, yessiree 8) Wait until you have your full 'food room'. It'll creep up on you. Then you know you're in the woods.:lol:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so sorry you are coping with so much loss. It's hard i know. Sending you big hugs and prayers.

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MIL.
Is it normal for a 74 yr old MIL to call her 52yr old son while she is drunk and high, hanging out with her senior friends to tell said son that she is having a ball? She is so elementary to me.
I don't get it.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my booster shot yesterday.
Today I am soooo sick. Just like the other two times.
Weak as a kitten, headache, can barely walk to the bathroom. And of course a sore arm :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results