shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, nearly all my friends are in my puter.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If found as ive got older its so much harder to make new friends

I remember when i was a teenyboppper then a young teenager and i had soooo many friends my mother actually told me i had too many friends :angryfire:

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Just read this, I'm scared. Daughter also just called saying co-workwer that got vaccine just before Christmas tested positive for Covid, now I'm Really scared.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
And this is the anser if anyone says it`s because you got the vaccine. Taken from our government's website. Sorry not the Canadian government but from here.

After getting a COVID-19 vaccine, will I test positive for COVID-19 on a viral test?​

No. Neither the recently authorized and recommended vaccines nor the other COVID-19 vaccines currently in clinical trials in the United States can cause you to test positive on viral tests, which are used to see if you have a current infection.

If your body develops an immune response—the goal of vaccination—there is a possibility you may test positive on some antibody tests. Antibody tests indicate you had a previous infection and that you may have some level of protection against the virus. Experts are currently looking at how COVID-19 vaccination may affect antibody testing results.

Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree (but maybe view this from the other side)
That's why i balance it out with a good dose of Fox every couple of days ;)2

I don't think that's a good idea. Fox News argued in court that no reasonable person would believe Tucker Carlson speaks the truth when he was sued for slander. I think it's safe to conclude that this applies to other Fox News hosts.

Just read U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion, leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

She wrote: "Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."

Vyskocil [redacted] added, "Whether the Court frames Mr. Carlson's statements as 'exaggeration,' 'non-literal commentary,' or simply bloviating for his audience, the conclusion remains the same — the statements are not actionable."

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think that's a good idea. Fox News argued in court that no reasonable person would believe Tucker Carlson speaks the truth when he was sued for slander. I think it's safe to conclude that this applies to other Fox News hosts.

Well i don't always beleave it :lol:
The only news source i trust is the Otago daily times from my hometown
oldest continuous daily newspaper in NZ and fiercely independent

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this is the anser if anyone says it`s because you got the vaccine. Taken from our government's website. Sorry not the Canadian government but from here.

After getting a COVID-19 vaccine, will I test positive for COVID-19 on a viral test?​

No. Neither the recently authorized and recommended vaccines nor the other COVID-19 vaccines currently in clinical trials in the United States can cause you to test positive on viral tests, which are used to see if you have a current infection.

If your body develops an immune response—the goal of vaccination—there is a possibility you may test positive on some antibody tests. Antibody tests indicate you had a previous infection and that you may have some level of protection against the virus. Experts are currently looking at how COVID-19 vaccination may affect antibody testing results.

So i can stop holding my breath now ? :confused2:
That was a very worrying 2 minutes
Everyone's nerves are stretched like piano wire in this pandemic

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just read this, I'm scared. Daughter also just called saying co-workwer that got vaccine just before Christmas tested positive for Covid, now I'm Really scared.

The vaccine takes 6 weeks to fully protect after both vaccines are given. So 6 weeks from the first and 2 weeks from the second vaccine and one should be as fully protected as they are going to get. It's scary but these hospital workers could have been Covid exposed before the vaccine and the vaccine didn't have enough time to provide immunity plus they only got the first one at that point. Hopefully they will recover fully. Covid 19 is a scary a** illness. :(

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
So i can stop holding my breath now ? :confused2:
That was a very worrying 2 minutes
Everyone's nerves are stretched like piano wire in this pandemic

Daisy, Sorry if I scared you that wasn't my inention. I am putting all my hope in this vacci;ne and then we get news like this.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
The vaccine takes 6 weeks to fully protect after both vaccines are given. So 6 weeks from the first and 2 weeks from the second vaccine and one should be as fully protected as they are going to get. It's scary but these hospital workers could have been Covid exposed before the vaccine and the vaccine didn't have enough time to provide immunity plus they only got the first one at that point. Hopefully they will recover fully. Covid 19 is a scary a** illness. :(

Missy thank you for takig the time to explain, feel a little less anxious, but our Premier is hmm how do I put this? oh never mind .... he's making people wait longer to get the second vaccine and I am wondering will it still be as effective or was it all for nothing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy thank you for takig the time to explain, feel a little less anxious, but our Premier is hmm how do I put this? oh never mind .... he's making people wait longer to get the second vaccine and I am wondering will it still be as effective or was it all for nothing.

Ugh. It’s a huge mess all over. I have zero faith in our government and feel
your pain. I’m remaining hopeful but it’s getting challenging to remain optimistic. But I am. Fingers crossed!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness, I'm 44 years old and I'm still letting people bait me...
After the fourth message from my MIL regarding her swindled vaccination date (she has been moved forward to today, because she knows the guy in the clinic!!!). I finally broke down and congratulated her on her new volunteering job (- because that's the only way to get a legal early vaccination). Her responses were, as usual totally tone deaf and she answered with a rofl - emoji and "hahaha not gonna do anything like that".

Some people have no shame and no conscience...

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I think there is a lot about how the vaccines are being rolled out that's not right. For one thing, people who are not 65 but still older are put at the end of the line when they have a much higher chance of serious effects from the disease than, for example, overweight twenty-somethings.

I know a guy who just got vaccinated, when he is only in his mid-thirties with no underlying conditions. There was something about extra doses needing to be used up or something so I think he just happened to be in the right place at the right time rather than pulling a stunt to get it.

I accept it though because I think they just need to settle for broad, sweeping categories since nitpickiness would take up too much time and resources to sort out when the main thing is to just get to it.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think there is a lot about how the vaccines are being rolled out that's not right. For one thing, people who are not 65 but still older are put at the end of the line when they have a much higher chance of serious effects from the disease than, for example, overweight twenty-somethings.

I know a guy who just got vaccinated, when he is only in his his mid-thirties with no underlying conditions. There was something about extra doses needing to be used up or something so I think he just happened to be in the right place at the right time rather than pulling a stunt to get it.

I accept it though because I think they just need to settle for broad, sweeping categories since nitpickiness would take up too much time and resources to sort out when the main thing is to just get to it.

I agree. Definitely not being accomplished the best way possible. And very inefficient. Truly the most vulnerable among us should be put first. Including all the front line people.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
34,200 deaths from the flu in 2018-2019 in the US.
38,000 Covid deaths in the last two weeks in the US.
Can we PLEASE stop comparing COVID to the FLU??? Can we please stop staying the death rate is minuscule for covid?

Edit: and by “we” I mean a certain group of deniers who keep filling the hospitals with their conspiracy theory filled selves

GK2

Rough_Rock
I’ll preface this by acknowledging that we in the UK can tend to overeact to any sprinkling of snow BUT...

... by gum Yorkshire got hit by it today. Seriously huge amounts of the stuff in such a short time. Public transport suspended, roads closed - awful

I don’t help myself by having a 128 mile round trip daily commute, but even I didn’t expect it to take me so long to get home. One of my staff had to get a tractor to pull her out of a drift, others took 5 hours to travel 20 miles

keep your fingers crossed for us that it melts away tonight otherwise I daren’t even think about my journey tomorrow. We‘re key workers as well so we really need to be able to work :errrr:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had a sh'*Ty day.

I have to accept workeers in the house because we had a significant water leakage. The whole wall is soaked and there are electrical outlets etc in it. So imminent danger. Now I have plumber, tile guy, electrician and builder here for several days plus then painters.

I had zero people over because of Covid. They are masked and I air out the house , but they are in different places and I can't be everywhere.

After 9 hours of jackhammer and a generally stressful day and all but one bathroomon functional and one bathtub in my bedroom (!!) I realised my cardholder is gone. It's a small leather " envelope" roughly the size of a credit card. I have no idea where it is. It be has it's place in my small handbag . Tonight I needed my ID and health insurance card (both in there as well as cc s ). It's gone.

it's not the workers, because I had that micro bag on me at home. I have no idea where and how it could possibly have fallen out.

I've just finished blocking all cards. To get a new I D I need to jump through hoops at the German embassy.. I hate it.

How is this coming along, Kipari? All repaired? Anymore leaks?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is this coming along, Kipari? All repaired? Anymore leaks?

Thank you for thinking of me, @canuk-gal ! Unfortunately they came, ripped everything apart and left us with the mess , claiming it wasn't their fault. Which it clearly is (leakage came from where they've connected two tubes!!).

I think they want to put pressure on us to just pay and get it over with. Doesn't sit well with us. We've had an expert on zoom, but in person will be needed and that takes a lot of time. Thanks again C19....

And then we'll have to wait what their insurance sais and if they are not favorable we'll sue. :roll:

It's not a BIG deal, but not that I needed a HUGE hole in my main bathroom that leaves to out of three showers non functional and lots of people in my home ATM:wall:

I hope you're doing OK!!! It's snowing and the kids are over the moon happy

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for thinking of me, @canuk-gal ! Unfortunately they came, ripped everything apart and left us with the mess , claiming it wasn't their fault. Which it clearly is (leakage came from where they've connected two tubes!!).

I think they want to put pressure on us to just pay and get it over with. Doesn't sit well with us. We've had an expert on zoom, but in person will be needed and that takes a lot of time. Thanks again C19....

And then we'll have to wait what their insurance sais and if they are not favorable we'll sue. :roll:

It's not a BIG deal, but not that I needed a HUGE hole in my main bathroom that leaves to out of three showers non functional and lots of people in my home ATM:wall:

Ugh I am so sorry @kipari what a huge pain in the you know what. Certainly did not need yet another stressor happening. I hope you have a successful resolution as soon as possible.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Only kids love the snow!!!! LOL. I guess we are simply accustomed to it.

Sorry for your continued trouble. I think I'd be rather upset with the scenario you are living with. Hang in there, and hope it gets repaired to your satisfaction! And soon!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only kids love the snow!!!! LOL. I guess we are simply accustomed to it.

Sorry for your continued trouble. I think I'd be rather upset with the scenario you are living with. Hang in there, and hope it gets repaired to your satisfaction! And soon!

Thank you so much!

I hope you can keep riding and have a lovely and relaxing weekend!

My kids are neither of shoveling age nor driver's license age.. that explains a lot :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

My cat Borris is more than happy to post a nasty little surprise c/o her dirt box to these terrible workman

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very clear indicator that you are on the wrong side of things...when Neo Nazis are on the same side that you’ve chosen.

Common sense is such a rare commodity these days.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Welp oof. I have been denied my muscle relaxers that I need by my dentist. She says she prescribed them twice already (at least 2 if not 3 years ago BTW. Not at all recently) and she will not give me more. I now have to hope my new PCM will be willing to help me in February when I go to see them for my first visit. But I don't have high hopes. Every single time I have requested relaxers for my TMJ they have treated me like a narcotics seeker using my medicine to get high. I have had to have special visits just for justifying it to them more than once.

I'm already starting to have a hard time eating. The shooting pains when anything goes in my mouth started a couple of days ago and they only get worse the longer I don't have medicine. I have a difficult time opening for more than a spoon or fork. And I am not sure how I am supposed to have my dental cleaning tommorow with such a small opening. But I have to because its been a whole year since I got a cleaning and I need one.

I don't know what to do if the new doctor says no in February too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results