shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had a bath. Which I love but very rarely have time to do.

When I emptied the tub I put a bucket of clear wate down the loo in that same bathroom.

Suddenly I hear DH yelling downstairs.
That water came out the wall in the living room underneath.

We've had humidity problems in that wall for 2 years now.

The general contractor who did our whole house and has to honour a 10 year warranty gave us the runaround for this problem. Came twice, but only fixed the paint, then said they'd already been there twice to fix it yada yada. Said they're sure it can't be their fault. Well the plumbing heating system, tubes, tiling and everything else in the bathroom including the structure of it and the walls were made by them when they completely gutted that part of the house!!

We sent another mail with another deadline (as required by the law).

Got an automated response back.

Apparently they've filed for bankruptcy last week...

I'm so mad.
They dragged this out so brazenly.

There's a good chance we might make their insurance pay (which we checked and copied the policy of prior to then starting the project). But all the energy , time and paperwork ahead. And the time living with that ugly patch and humid wall ( can't touch it before the insurance has settled it) and then the actual construction site inside my hom.... Again.
I'm furious

@kipari Ugh, how awful. :( I am so sorry for this. Sending you lots of good wishes and (((hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
At a department store. I just got rammed into by a cleaning cart that a woman was pushing. By Achilles lower calf is not feeling great. Instead of apologising the woman said ' you need to watch where you are going'. I had been standing still for a good 15 seconds. My initial reflex was to tell her I needed an apology. And tell her she was incompetent. But what would that accomplish. Did I want her fired. No. Did i want to exert power over her. No. I am angry though. Stupid lady. It really hurts.

PS thank you for this thread. I may have escalated if I didn't have a place to vent

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely hate DH always complaining about meals. Then when I ask him to tell me what he wants he has no idea. I’m like dude get a freakin grip. I don’t have time in my day to devote to figuring out what you might have a taste for.
Also I’m sick of my step-children always wanting to come by. It’s a Pandemic how many times do I have to say I don’t want anyone in my house. Then it makes me the bad person.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And it’s snowing again.
I can’t wait for Spring to get here. I hate the cold and ice.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorr
I'm just reading now we are predicted to get a minimum of 25 cms of snow by Tuesday. I hate snow and ice also!! Ugh.

Sorry Sharon!! I hate shoveling!!

My DH is a snow-aholic though... Snow was rare where he grew up, so he'll do a happy dance like a 5y/o. His year in Montreal didn't cure him one bit!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorr

Sorry Sharon!! I hate shoveling!!

My DH is a snow-aholic though... Snow was rare where he grew up, so he'll do a happy dance like a 5y/o. His year in Montreal didn't cure him one bit!!

Snow-aholic. LOL. Personally I could use some snow withdrawal!!!! I'd like to live in a snow rare environment.:P2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Christma as much as anyone else. I'm super big on traditions and know how important they are. But why is Christmas an acceptable reason to throw all caution overboard and plot a mass spreader event???
We were under strict lockdown. No contacts, no shops beside essential shops (grocery stores & pharmacies) open. All restaurants are STIL noL closed!!!

Politicians seem to think there will be public uproar if they give out strict guidelines for Christmas. Like civil war.

I'm all for seeing Grandma and Grandpa if they'd be isolated. One can get tested within 24 hrs here.
Or children who'd be sitting in their 89 square feet (that's not a typo, they are tiny and will set you back 500/month) Paris appartement. Yes, get tested and go home to your nuclear family.

But people are allowed to bring together multiple households.

We haven't legally been able to have ANYONE over. And now it's not a problem. Because Christmas.

And as usual everyone goes right up to the legal limit. And everyone is traveling also. Far.

They rent holiday homes together to be sure to really nicely mix it up all over Europe.

I'm so angry.
My immediate family are not taking risks. And another good friend is like us: family Christmas in front of the fireplace. What's wrong with that?

Everyone else I know: traveling (often thousands of kilometres) and throwing huge Christmas family events.

Let the sh*tshow begin.

The EU ordered 1.6 billion doses of the vaccine. Can't we wait 8 more weeks? My toddler can - no one else seems to be able to .

Post of the (festive) seaaon Kipari !

How on earth did prevouse generations survive wars when people now days seem so hell bent on doing what they want with blatant disregard for the safety of their own communities...and in some cases their own family members

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Post of the (festive) seaaon Kipari !

How on earth did prevouse generations survive wars when people now days seem so hell bent on doing what they want with blatant disregard for the safety of their own communities...and in some cases their own family members

Amen. We just found out another adult child is flying in with his GF. Not staying with us but asked what the Christmas Day plans were. Are you kidding me? We were trying to ignore Christmas.
So now 5 of 6 kids will be in the area. We will see them separately, on the deck if weather permits, with masks and distance. No Christmas Eve dinner, no Christmas breakfast and no Christmas dinner. Just no.
I mean, love all of them, but for the love of God can you just stay home?!?!?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amen. We just found out another adult child is flying in with his GF. Not staying with us but asked what the Christmas Day plans were. Are you kidding me? We were trying to ignore Christmas.
So now 5 of 6 kids will be in the area. We will see them separately, on the deck if weather permits, with masks and distance. No Christmas Eve dinner, no Christmas breakfast and no Christmas dinner. Just no.
I mean, love all of them, but for the love of God can you just stay home?!?!?

:(2
Some people just don't seem to get it, do they :(2

You know down here midwinter christmas dinners are really popular in June around the shortest day
i know some Scandinavian countries have celebrations for May day

In Jine you could get out the xmas tree and all have a summer christmas with a bbq or a picnic, lots of salad and cold food, new potatoes, fresh peas, summer fruit - that's Christmas for us even if its also accompanied by a stinking hot turkey or side of lamb

We just have to be a bit adaptable
i feel sad your kids don't get it

I am very broke so we are having a very small Christmas - i got a (very) small ham but ive had to make christmas without spending any extra on anything

At first i felt overwelmed but now its shaping up quite well
i just had to think alot !
And we won't be pigging out or having a ton of leftovers or drinking but it will be festive and more healthy than a normal christmas day

We will have a big exspensive day with Gary's family with all the trimmings a bit latter on once we can - once im working and Gary's eyes are fixed
And his daughter and her kids wont eat any salad or vegetables and ill cook chicken nuggets for Miss 7 because she wont eat anything but chips and lollies :angryfire: because her parents don't set a good example with vegetables or variety

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And now the dryer has died. Sigh. Trying to be thankful at least this has lasted 21+ years. Hung up the clothes on hangers and hubs put up para cord outside. He made a comment. I HEARD him complain about his shirts being hung up not facing the same way. I got snippy because um I JUST HUNG THEM ALL UP! WTF. He gets all mad and said that he said now he knows that it was the dryer that puts them all inside out. Sigh. I'm annoyed because I feel that he's continually complaining about things and now he's pissed because I snapped. Ugh, ugh ugh.

Is 2020 over yet? Please 2021 be nice.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
- I'm in the middle of a horrible eczema outbreak. Not surprising given the stress of these times.
- DH is in fine form with his annual year-end anxiety/snippiness and Scrooginess, but it's x100 this year due to pandemic stress and being under a ton of pressure with his job.
- I'm sick to death of the neverending cycle of meal-planning, cooking, kitchen clean-up, laundry, and my weekly house-cleaning from top to bottom. These tasks weren't so bad when I had "normal life" things like dinners out with DH or friends, vacations, or going to arts performances to break things up. But now that those aren't an option, household chores take on a whole new level of dread. They seem more inescapable now.
- I'm tired of everything that I cook. I only cook a handful of things because I have extremely picky kids who will literally starve themselves if I serve food they won't eat.
- We order dinner delivery a few times a week, which gives me a break from cooking, but delivered food is always cold or soggy. And EXPENSIVE due to all the delivery fees. So disappointing to order in.
- Our foyer has become our second pantry - half the entryway floor is covered in dry goods that I've accumulated over the last 9 months. It looks so cluttered and that's stressing me out.
- My siblings are unemployed due to the pandemic. I'm very worried about them.
- I feel awful about not being able to visit my elderly, disabled mom. I worry about her feeling lonely. Facetime helps, but it's obviously not the same.
- I have chronic neck pain and it affects every aspect of my life. Night or day, it hurts. I've tried a million different pillows but I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. I'm worried I'll be plagued by this pain for the rest of my life.
- I miss being with my friends IRL. I miss sitting with them over coffee, window-shopping, etc. This pandemic has shown me how much time with my girlfriends really means to me.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted something a few minutes ago and then deleted it. If this was one of those 24 hr threads I probably would've left it up, but pride got to me.

I can't afford to buy my daughter presents this year for the first time ever. It's been sort of do or die for the past year and a hard row to hoe. Such is life. I don't ask for anything nor rely on anyone else. This has been the hardest year I've faced since 15 years ago when my dad was first dx with cancer. I'm so tired of struggling.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted something a few minutes ago and then deleted it. If this was one of those 24 hr threads I probably would've left it up, but pride got to me.

I can't afford to buy my daughter presents this year for the first time ever. It's been sort of do or die for the past year and a hard row to hoe. Such is life. I don't ask for anything nor rely on anyone else. This has been the hardest year I've faced since 15 years ago when my dad was first dx with cancer. I'm so tired of struggling.

Gentle hugs @monarch!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
- I'm in the middle of a horrible eczema outbreak. Not surprising given the stress of these times.
- DH is in fine form with his annual year-end anxiety/snippiness and Scrooginess, but it's x100 this year due to pandemic stress and being under a ton of pressure with his job.
- I'm sick to death of the neverending cycle of meal-planning, cooking, kitchen clean-up, laundry, and my weekly house-cleaning from top to bottom. These tasks weren't so bad when I had "normal life" things like dinners out with DH or friends, vacations, or going to arts performances to break things up. But now that those aren't an option, household chores take on a whole new level of dread. They seem more inescapable now.
- I'm tired of everything that I cook. I only cook a handful of things because I have extremely picky kids who will literally starve themselves if I serve food they won't eat.
- We order dinner delivery a few times a week, which gives me a break from cooking, but delivered food is always cold or soggy. And EXPENSIVE due to all the delivery fees. So disappointing to order in.
- Our foyer has become our second pantry - half the entryway floor is covered in dry goods that I've accumulated over the last 9 months. It looks so cluttered and that's stressing me out.
- My siblings are unemployed due to the pandemic. I'm very worried about them.
- I feel awful about not being able to visit my elderly, disabled mom. I worry about her feeling lonely. Facetime helps, but it's obviously not the same.
- I have chronic neck pain and it affects every aspect of my life. Night or day, it hurts. I've tried a million different pillows but I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. I'm worried I'll be plagued by this pain for the rest of my life.
- I miss being with my friends IRL. I miss sitting with them over coffee, window-shopping, etc. This pandemic has shown me how much time with my girlfriends really means to me.

Dear @KristyDarling I relate to so much of your post and can only offer you gentle hugs and good wishes. I am super stressed about so much but mostly about Greg's health and if I let my thoughts go to dark places I start terrifying myself so I stop.

I hear you on everything you wrote. Greg's cancer surgery scheduled mid January-so worried about that. Will it be canceled? If not will it go well? Did the cancer spread? What will our future look like? Will we have a future together? Clutter from accumulated dry goods and products which Greg just organized so it is looking much better now but still takes up space I don't like;, not visiting my elderly parents; missing my friends IRL; being in almost constant chronic pain (for me it's my back); tired of the cleaning routine; stress about my DH's work; cats health issues; etc. and am sending you many good wishes and looking forward to brighter times for us all. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry @monarch64 keeping good thoughts for you and your sweet darling daughter and hoping for happier times ahead. Gentle hugs to you.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Thankful for this thread on many levels. It's strangely uniting (for me) that so many of us are grumpy about the same common things. It's nice to vent, because in the grand scheme of things, it often feels a bit petty to me to complain about small things when some people are facing life and death problems, but I am human and it's good to get all that of that off my chest. I feel like I could have personally written so many of these responses. Some of the the posts have made my heart break. I am sorry so many people are having such a difficult time and I feel overwhelmed by how many posts I have wanted to comment on with sending "gentle hugs" the holidays are tough and the pandemic has really ramped things up. I am wishing the best for everyone who is really struggling

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry that all of you are going through such difficult times. I feel bad for complaining, but I’m fed up of the selfish morons who are prolonging the pandemic by their recklessness. We’re now in Tier 4 lockdown, and you know those moaning the most are the ones that have caused this because they just won’t follow the rules and stop spreading It.

I haven’t seen my only child since 29th December 2019, and at this rate it could be another 6 months before it’s safe to travel.

I’m trying to stay upbeat and clinging on to the fact that we *should* be vaccinated in 2-3 months if everything goes to plan.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry that all of you are going through such difficult times. I feel bad for complaining, but I’m fed up of the selfish morons who are prolonging the pandemic by their recklessness. We’re now in Tier 4 lockdown, and you know those moaning the most are the ones that have caused this because they just won’t follow the rules and stop spreading It.

I haven’t seen my only child since 29th December 2019, and at this rate it could be another 6 months before it’s safe to travel.

I’m trying to stay upbeat and clinging on to the fact that we *should* be vaccinated in 2-3 months if everything goes to plan.

This X 10000000

Dito for not seeing my whole family. My widowed mom is ALONE 24 /7 and following all the rules. Crossing fingers for that vaccine!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A quiet thanks to all who acknowledged my post. Just seeing your "likes" and kind words meant so much. I hope I never go through a year like this again, especially around the holidays, but I strongly believe the universe doesn't give us more than we can handle.

Thank you to a very special PSr who made a kind and unexpected gesture this morning. Expect wonderful things back from me and/or mine someday. You are appreciated and loved more than you know.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Things will get better for us both @monarch64
I don't know why life throws us such cr#p, but it must be some kind of tough love life lesson

We will get through this and good times will come again

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My male co-worker just called me sexist.
He asked me when I was going to invite him over to my house again. I said not right now- I have no plans and Covid. Maybe next year if things get better.
He said it’s BC he is a male. Then he said I was being sexist. Mind you he’s been over my house 3-4 times for different occasions in the 2 years I have known him. We have also gone out for various work get togethers. His kids have even been to my house.
He has never invited me or my husband over to his house ever. We have never been invited out by him either.
I told him to keep it up and I would report him to HR for harassment.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds thank you so much for your kind words. Wishing you peace and joy (as much as realistically possible) this holiday season, and always.

@kayla17 I don't know wtf is wrong with some people. I think they're looking to push their anger off on anyone but themselves for whatever happened to them that made them hostile and mean people. That just sucks. Don't let it ruin your day or week or holidays. Hurt people (try to) hurt people.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My male co-worker just called me sexist.
He asked me when I was going to invite him over to my house again. I said not right now- I have no plans and Covid. Maybe next year if things get better.
He said it’s BC he is a male. Then he said I was being sexist. Mind you he’s been over my house 3-4 times for different occasions in the 2 years I have known him. We have also gone out for various work get togethers. His kids have even been to my house.
He has never invited me or my husband over to his house ever. We have never been invited out by him either.
I told him to keep it up and I would report him to HR for harassment.

Boo hiss men !
Mine just complained i have the telly too loud but its its nornal news volumn

And where is our on line grocery delivery
Its usually here 5.30 and its almost 7pm

I need the bacon and tomatoes for tonight's tea

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results