shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate getting older.
I have back pain, headaches, my knees hurt and my feet ache. Not all the time but more and more frequently.
I need reading glasses, it’s bad enough I wear contacts but now I can’t even see up close.
I’ve noticed more wrinkles everywhere (esp around my eyes and neck) and my eye bags are more noticeable.
I have a stomach pooch. Go away stomach pooch. Nobody likes you.
My hands which were always “old lady hands” look like “elderly old lady hands” now and they are always dry BC of all the Purell and hand washing.
My hair is getting thinner and grayer. I hate dyeing it but I don’t want to be completely gray yet.
Someone once said to me I don’t look a day over 50, ummm, I was 46 at the time...

Last edited:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It’s good to know I’m not alone in the fact that every day seems to bring a new pain....
Confirmed fracture of two metatarsal bones..... more ouchy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s good to know I’m not alone in the fact that every day seems to bring a new pain....
Confirmed fracture of two metatarsal bones..... more ouchy

Aww I’m sorry :(

I’m sending you bucketloads of healing vibes.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate getting older.

+a gazilion

In addition to wrinkles and aches & pains, my body gave in to gravity a decade ago. What was once perky and firm is now south of the belly button. I don't have to worry about sucking in my gut anymore because everything from the neck down is puddled around my ankles. Sigh.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m like @NicoleNeedsHelp! I also hate the holidays.
I hate that I don’t have my parents around to enjoy my children’s accomplishments and struggles too. I also shudder sadly when my coworkers complain about their parents knowing full well how much I miss mine.
I also hate that my life changed forever two years ago due to health issues and I have yet to rebound completely and will never be the same again. (Especially considering it was most likely due to a very common procedure gone terribly wrong!!)
I hate when people call, seemingly to check on me, to only go on and on about themselves.
/rant

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I realized that if I wake up with no new pains...... I’m probably dead:)

I have been pondering on my future as a cyclist. I don’t want to give it up.... but an injury at 63 is a totally different scenario than one at 43.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to eat lunch, shower, and pack lots. I am also waiting for the phone call to schedule signing. Why is it that the best way to get a phone to ring is get in the shower or sit down to lunch (with an announcement that they have an appointment if you can run out the door right now and don't mind throwing away the lunch you just made)!?!? The reverse is also true. Waiting for that call means I miss shower and lunch when I could have just been done with them!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realized that if I wake up with no new pains...... I’m probably dead:)

I have been pondering on my future as a cyclist. I don’t want to give it up.... but an injury at 63 is a totally different scenario than one at 43.

That's true. When I broke my leg I was 48 and was determined not to give up cycling and as soon as I could I was back on the bike and we did a record number of miles that year. However now, at 55 my body cannot do the racing tandem anymore so we have a recumbent and I will never look back. This is hands down the most comfortable ride ever.

So maybe, instead of thinking about giving up cycling just adjust to a different way of cycling. We have so much fun on this tandem and we have done over 8800 miles for this year so far. I will always love cycling. It's the closest thing to flying I can experience while on the ground.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to eat lunch, shower, and pack lots. I am also waiting for the phone call to schedule signing. Why is it that the best way to get a phone to ring is get in the shower or sit down to lunch (with an announcement that they have an appointment if you can run out the door right now and don't mind throwing away the lunch you just made)!?!? The reverse is also true. Waiting for that call means I miss shower and lunch when I could have just been done with them!

I bring the phone in to the shower with me if I am expecting super important call that I cannot miss.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much. I know you understand!

On an unrelated note, the euthanasia doctor (home visit) is $350 and she’s all set up and on stand by for my beloved cat Taja, who is 17 and nearing the end. Taja has an appointment for veterinary blood work & physical exam on Saturday and that will let us know where we stand. We don’t trust the doctor because we’ve been misled by him before (when 3 years ago he said she had terminal cancer when she did not - argh), but I do trust the lab to do reliable reporting on her vitals, and I can compare the new results with the continuum of test results over the last two years.... I don’t like the doc but we’re working with what we have. I trust the data.

Knowing that I will be able to do the right thing for Taja is enough to keep me going for the next few weeks. My birthday present was that she is still here. My Xmas present is that she will be carried across the bridge without fear or pain.

Oh no.. so sorry to hear about Taja. It's so sad and hard, on top of everything else. We were able to do home euthanasia for our 16 year cat Max this spring, and while it was so difficult, it was such a precious gift to be able to do it at home where he felt loved and safe. We also did hospice care at home. The vet was amazing and lovely and it went as well as something like that could go. Honestly, people that do jobs like that restore my faith in humanity. I send you and Taja the warmest wishes of love and peacefulness.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
After my entire family ignored my birthday again (one of those big significant birthdays that people buy a car for, or a trip to Paris for, and ends in a zero, you know?) and didn’t bother even sending a text for thanksgiving, as well as many other slights on top of that, I have concluded that these relationships are all one-sided and will never be healthy. All the help I have given over the years, all the time I’ve spent, all the effort, wasted. I’ve had to re-examine years (decades even) of interaction, and have only just now realized that it was all meaningless. It wasn’t mutual. I was busting my *ss giving love to people who don’t love me.

I’m done. The relationships are over.

They say friends are the family we choose. And on that front, I’m happy. I’ve built loose but sweet friendships with work colleagues, and happy relationships with several non-family people, and those are all just as strong as ever. I’ve got the PS community to chat with about bling, and the gaming community to fill Saturday nights with hilarious co-op play streamed live on the internet. As far as friends and associates, I have no complaints.

But my family relationships are toast.

Covid didn‘t create the rift. In a way, Covid helped me see clearly for the first time in a long while.

I feel this in a big way. It's hard to let go of family relationships - we are essentially coerced through social pressure to maintain even extremely abusive relationships with family members.

Screw that. I choose ME, and my actual loved ones, who love me back! I am glad you are too. It is hard to do.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I hate my male colleagues interrupting me and downplaying my intelligence in front of others. I just had my boss's boss fail to give me credit for a massive project I've led, on a company-wide call.

I hate my puppy biting me all the time. He's as cute as a button, but man, he's ruined a lot of nice clothes. I can't wait 'til he's grown up.

I hate how small my apartment is. My husband and I live in a 1-bed, and with working from home...it feels downright claustrophobic. I'd give anything to live in a house with a yard, in a less dense city.

I hate the cold and darkness of winter. It makes me really depressed.

The worst, is that I think my father is dying and I feel totally helpless because of COVID - we can't travel to him safely, and he is too sick to travel. He lives in the middle of nowhere, and doesn't really know anybody well. He is also being stubborn as a mule about everything, making a really painful situation much, much harder. I was hoping he'd live long enough to meet his first grandchild, but I don't think that's going to happen. I am heartbroken, and having a really hard time staying motivated to do...well, anything.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Ok one more rant. My husband got a promotion this year because his company is a mess. The workload was too much and a lot of people quit all around the same time. They offered my husband a promotion that his old boss had been pushing for, for the past year or so. He brought up the workload issue and they assured him he’d have adequate support and wouldn’t be expected to work over 40 hours/ week.

He can’t do this job in 40 hours/ week. He does 10-12 hours/ day at the job site and usually comes home and works for a couple hours after dinner. He works on the weekends too. He called his boss out on the lack of support and said he wanted to discuss pay again, because the job requirements weren’t as advertised. They said they would discuss it in December. He found out today he’s not getting a raise.

It may be time for him to find something new. They asked him to do something unethical previously and he and his coworker were considering quitting for it. Luckily - something else happened and upper management killed that plan before my husband could protest. He works so much that he’s always so tired now. He took my bday off to spend the day with me and then found out that day that one of his workers is taking FMLA so now he has to figure out what to do. He spent his day off working. He’s been getting sick often and I think it’s the exhaustion and stress.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I hate my male colleagues interrupting me and downplaying my intelligence in front of others. I just had my boss's boss fail to give me credit for a massive project I've led, on a company-wide call.

I hate my puppy biting me all the time. He's as cute as a button, but man, he's ruined a lot of nice clothes. I can't wait 'til he's grown up.

I hate how small my apartment is. My husband and I live in a 1-bed, and with working from home...it feels downright claustrophobic. I'd give anything to live in a house with a yard, in a less dense city.

I hate the cold and darkness of winter. It makes me really depressed.

The worst, is that I think my father is dying and I feel totally helpless because of COVID - we can't travel to him safely, and he is too sick to travel. He lives in the middle of nowhere, and doesn't really know anybody well. He is also being stubborn as a mule about everything, making a really painful situation much, much harder. I was hoping he'd live long enough to meet his first grandchild, but I don't think that's going to happen. I am heartbroken, and having a really hard time staying motivated to do...well, anything.

Oh this really sucks. I’m sorry to hear this... all of it. I hope things really turn around for you in the new year. 2020 was unnecessarily rough.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i hate what this pandemic and as a result the government is doing to peoples livelihoods. (not to mention those that have had loved ones infected and dying or surviving and dealing with residual effects and symptoms) many small business won't make it ...

winters can be challenging enough without the burden of this health crisis.

recently, my husband's colleague passed away at 40 years old. he did not seek medical help, in time, for diverticulitis. (his father is an emergency room physician) he complained on monday morning, of not feeling well. in the hospital by wednesday. (hospital was in lockdown) by thursday morning, he was in heart failure, hooked up to machine so that family could say their *goodbyes* pronounced dead thursday early evening

so many questions:
did he receive the best medical care from the doctors, in a hospital slammed with covid patients???
could his death have been prevented if he went to the hospital days earlier???
by the monday, when his team heard from him about not feeling well, how many days had he been trying to "tough it out"???

another casualty of covid, albeit, indirectly. i feel you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. seek medical help and potentially expose yourself to possible infection or stay at home, hunker down and lay low. because god forbid you need medical help

we are to assume that everyone we come into contact with has it. that helps me to continue to be super vigilant. i feel with enough time gone by, we naturally inadvertently will let our guard down. we will continue to abide by statewide lockdowns. i really miss my real life friends. and going out to dinner with them

im a little jealous of my elderly neighbor that still receives plenty of guests, daily. usually unmasked and un-distanced just "shooting the breeze" ... even my husband has identified that elderly neighbor is leading a risky lifestyle. he loves chatting with us while we toil away at the garden.

i hate hearing about the anaphylactic reactions of some vaccine recipients

sometimes, i resent how life feels in limbo. sometimes, i feel guilty for feeling resentful

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My friend just posted photos of her children with Santa. They are in his lap! This Santa travels from home to home with a professional photographer to capture photos of the moment. This seems totally safe in the middle of a pandemic!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My friend just posted photos of her children with Santa, in his lap! This Santa travels from home to home with a professional photographer to capture photos of the moment. This seems totally safe in the middle of a pandemic!

Gahhhh. I freaking hate stupid behavior. I can’t stand it. I’m losing all tolerance. No I lie. I lost all tolerance for stupid and risky towards others behavior a long time ago.

This is but one of many reasons I prefer animals to humans. :/

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m getting bags under my eyes from the stress of Covid. :x2

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m getting bags under my eyes from the stress of Covid. :x2

Same. I’m tired of patients yelling at my coworkers and staff for things we can’t control while our hospital administration is basically doing the same thing. It’s hard not to feel bitter watching the hero worship for hcw on the news but then going to work everyday knowing people are going to be upset with you for things beyond your control and constantly trying to find empathy for their anger while burying your own. It’s exhausting. Clinicians are often seen as either saviors or villains depending on patient expectations and outcomes, when honestly most of us are just well intentioned but imperfect humans trying our best. Good people are burning out and quitting at alarming rates. I got vaccinated today though which brings hope that this might be the beginning of the end, but I expect this winter to get worse before it gets better.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH likes to prune, like everything. I go out for a few hours, if I dare, and come home to clippings!
DH accidentally (oh really) pruned my solar Christmas lights so I got in the car and went and bought more, heaps more. He managed to get another foot off most things in my absence!
DD won’t learn to drive and I am still her chauffeur, I am sick of it. She’s 19!
DD won’t strip and remake her bed because the mattress she chose weighs 6 tonnes and it breaks her nails! Don’t mind me with my nails snapped off to the cuticle!
DF (dear Father) had a mini stroke, can’t form a sentence. DM (dear Mother) calls me because he won’t let her call an ambulance... I’m fine... tells me he’ll go to the doctor, probably tomorrow! No Dad No! Emergency ambulance called and he’s carted off to hospital. There 5 minutes and telling the doctors he’s fine and wants to go home, except he can’t actually speak a sentence or stand up. Grrrr. Back home now All ok thankfully.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Christma as much as anyone else. I'm super big on traditions and know how important they are. But why is Christmas an acceptable reason to throw all caution overboard and plot a mass spreader event???
We were under strict lockdown. No contacts, no shops beside essential shops (grocery stores & pharmacies) open. All restaurants are STIL noL closed!!!

Politicians seem to think there will be public uproar if they give out strict guidelines for Christmas. Like civil war.

I'm all for seeing Grandma and Grandpa if they'd be isolated. One can get tested within 24 hrs here.
Or children who'd be sitting in their 89 square feet (that's not a typo, they are tiny and will set you back 500/month) Paris appartement. Yes, get tested and go home to your nuclear family.

But people are allowed to bring together multiple households.

We haven't legally been able to have ANYONE over. And now it's not a problem. Because Christmas.

And as usual everyone goes right up to the legal limit. And everyone is traveling also. Far.

They rent holiday homes together to be sure to really nicely mix it up all over Europe.

I'm so angry.
My immediate family are not taking risks. And another good friend is like us: family Christmas in front of the fireplace. What's wrong with that?

Everyone else I know: traveling (often thousands of kilometres) and throwing huge Christmas family events.

Let the sh*tshow begin.

The EU ordered 1.6 billion doses of the vaccine. Can't we wait 8 more weeks? My toddler can - no one else seems to be able to .

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had a bath. Which I love but very rarely have time to do.

When I emptied the tub I put a bucket of clear wate down the loo in that same bathroom.

Suddenly I hear DH yelling downstairs.
That water came out the wall in the living room underneath.

We've had humidity problems in that wall for 2 years now.

The general contractor who did our whole house and has to honour a 10 year warranty gave us the runaround for this problem. Came twice, but only fixed the paint, then said they'd already been there twice to fix it yada yada. Said they're sure it can't be their fault. Well the plumbing heating system, tubes, tiling and everything else in the bathroom including the structure of it and the walls were made by them when they completely gutted that part of the house!!

We sent another mail with another deadline (as required by the law).

Got an automated response back.

Apparently they've filed for bankruptcy last week...

I'm so mad.
They dragged this out so brazenly.

There's a good chance we might make their insurance pay (which we checked and copied the policy of prior to then starting the project). But all the energy , time and paperwork ahead. And the time living with that ugly patch and humid wall ( can't touch it before the insurance has settled it) and then the actual construction site inside my hom.... Again.
I'm furious

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had a bath. Which I love but very rarely have time to do.

When I emptied the tub I put a bucket of clear wate down the loo in that same bathroom.

Suddenly I hear DH yelling downstairs.
That water came out the wall in the living room underneath.

We've had humidity problems in that wall for 2 years now.

The general contractor who did our whole house and has to honour a 10 year warranty gave us the runaround for this problem. Came twice, but only fixed the paint, then said they'd already been there twice to fix it yada yada. Said they're sure it can't be their fault. Well the plumbing heating system, tubes, tiling and everything else in the bathroom including the structure of it and the walls were made by them when they completely gutted that part of the house!!

We sent another mail with another deadline (as required by the law).

Got an automated response back.

Apparently they've filed for bankruptcy last week...

I'm so mad.
They dragged this out so brazenly.

There's a good chance we might make their insurance pay (which we checked and copied the policy of prior to then starting the project). But all the energy , time and paperwork ahead. And the time living with that ugly patch and humid wall ( can't touch it before the insurance has settled it) and then the actual construction site inside my hom.... Again.
I'm furious

How awful Kipari. I am upset for you also.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
We redid the kitchen in our new house to the tune of 40,000 - it was only four years old and didn't need redoing but I didn't like it and told my husband that's what I needed to do to like the house. I picked everything out myself from the paint colors to the countertops. The installers did crappy work - the professional painters came in and sprayed the cabinets. They seemed to do a really good job prepping it took a crew the better part of a week. We paid a lot of money and went with the highest rated folks but the cabinets started to chip immediately. The (different) countertop folks ended up cutting my gorgeous slab for over my stovetop in half to get it in around a brick arch. They should have pulled the cabinet out instead. I haven't even fully unpacked and its been almost a year we've been here. I hate that it feels like I wasted all that money.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results