shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I have to say I think my episode with Shingles started a whole array of issues for me. No evidence and the doctors refute it but my gut says yes.

Hi Missy, I’m so sorry to hear that you are familiar with shingles too. And also to read about you and your husband’s health struggles. I will be thinking of you, and I sent you a DM on Instagram.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if I am proud of my creative solution or horrified by the balance and things making it more difficult... Really really needed a bathroom. Out at the new house again and no bathroom available for many miles either direction, especially with COVID. Can't just squat or I manage to make a mess all over myself, but I am an expert at sample cups for lab work. I have an empty cup from the coffee I had on the drive up. Brilliant! Used the cup. Dumped the cup. All clean.

Why do all the restrooms have to be closed right now!?!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
some moron left a brick in the bike path, which I hit, causing me to fly off the bike.
Maybe a few things messed up in my left hand- I'm a lefty.
It could have been worse.....but OUCHY!!!!!

That stinks! boo!!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Venting.

2020 has been to date the hardest year yet for us and 2019 was a B***h of a year so that's saying something. Greg will have had 5 surgeries over a 13 month period. Four of them during the Covid 19 pandemic.

We both have something weird happening and not sure if it is due to exposure to radiation but further investigation is necessary. Once Greg has his next (and please let it be his last surgery for a long while please) surgery to take care of thyroid cancer and possible hyperparathyroidism. Then I have to get evaluated. So crazy.

And everything requires a Covid test. Greg had three Covid tests in 9 days because of the doctor's policy before seeing patients. And then that doctor was exposed to Covid in his personal life so is now quarantining for 2 weeks. Cannot make this stuff up.

But we are with a new surgeon now who seems highly skilled and compassionate so that is great.

But omg please please please let this horrible year end on a good note and may 2021 be better for everyone.

In the meantime I am exhausted and Greg is exhausted and thanks for having this thread so we can vent and just get it out.

grrrrrr.gif

Oh dear, that all sounds so emotionally exhausting and frustrating on many levels. Sorry you both have to go though this. Healing vibes back at ya!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
2 major appliances of mine broke down within a week of each other, and we had to spend $2500 to replace them during Christmas month!

Me too! The worst! My dishwasher broke and I had to buy a new one and my espresso needed to go in for service. Then it was returned to me with knicks or scrapes on it that weren't there before and customer service has yet to respond two weeks later and I really barely have the energy to engage.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
2 major appliances of mine broke down within a week of each other, and we had to spend $2500 to replace them during Christmas month!

That sucks. I hope you get them soon... my mom’s washing machine broke earlier in the year and it took months for them get the replacement in.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m a really good coper but enough already...I wear so many hats in my family. I take care of everyone....If anything goes wrong for them they come to me to fix it. My husband is missing the talking chip so I get crickets when I try to tell him what day I’ve had with my 95 year old mother and 35 year old autistic son. I just found out today that my sweet dog Bailey has kidney issues. He is my bud...I’m trying to prepare myself...When he goes I think it will break me...I’m worn out and tired. I always put myself last because I don’t have time for me...I’ll take that cheese with my whine...:bigsmile:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I'm tired of my best friends constantly moving away because their husbands get transferred or take a new job. It has happened to me three times in the last eight years. They've moved across the country or to a different country. I have other friends in my town, but it's just not the same as having a best friend.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Venting.

2020 has been to date the hardest year yet for us and 2019 was a B***h of a year so that's saying something. Greg will have had 5 surgeries over a 13 month period. Four of them during the Covid 19 pandemic.

We both have something weird happening and not sure if it is due to exposure to radiation but further investigation is necessary. Once Greg has his next (and please let it be his last surgery for a long while please) surgery to take care of thyroid cancer and possible hyperparathyroidism. Then I have to get evaluated. So crazy.

And everything requires a Covid test. Greg had three Covid tests in 9 days because of the doctor's policy before seeing patients. And then that doctor was exposed to Covid in his personal life so is now quarantining for 2 weeks. Cannot make this stuff up.

But we are with a new surgeon now who seems highly skilled and compassionate so that is great.

But omg please please please let this horrible year end on a good note and may 2021 be better for everyone.

In the meantime I am exhausted and Greg is exhausted and thanks for having this thread so we can vent and just get it out.

grrrrrr.gif
Wow- puts things in perspective- I’m praying things turn around.
same to @TooPatient and others who’ve suffered shingles. A skinned knee and possibly busted finger will heal.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before Covid I worked every day and we ate out most nights. I’ve been off since March 16 and cook most days now. I hate it. I miss restaurants. Probably I won’t go back to work and we won’t eat out after this.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I’m so sorry to hear that you are familiar with shingles too. And also to read about you and your husband’s health struggles. I will be thinking of you, and I sent you a DM on Instagram.

Thank you. I will look for your DM. Hugs to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow- puts things in perspective- I’m praying things turn around.
same to @TooPatient and others who’ve suffered shingles. A skinned knee and possibly busted finger will heal.

Thank you @Rockdiamond and I am sorry about your bike accident. I am glad you are A OK.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm tired of working so much. I'm resentful to not have the time I need to be me.

Sweet @bling_dream19 if anyone deserves me time it is you. Sending you lots of love and good wishes and I hope for the holidays you get a much needed break. It comes as no surprise you are a valued employee at work and in demand. A credit to who you are. (((Hugs))).

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I’m a really good coper but enough already...I wear so many hats in my family. I take care of everyone....If anything goes wrong for them they come to me to fix it. My husband is missing the talking chip so I get crickets when I try to tell him what day I’ve had with my 95 year old mother and 35 year old autistic son. I just found out today that my sweet dog Bailey has kidney issues. He is my bud...I’m trying to prepare myself...When he goes I think it will break me...I’m worn out and tired. I always put myself last because I don’t have time for me...I’ll take that cheese with my whine...:bigsmile:

I have thought of you often during this pandemic because I remembered this was your living situation. I think you are one incredible and strong woman @MamaBee !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

oakleaf

Shiny_Rock
I’m fed up with work being so busy.

My kid dropped my ipad yesterday and broke the screen. I won’t be able to get a new one for at least a week as they are out of stock everywhere.

(edit to change my answer)

Last edited:

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
This is SUCH a small thing, but my family is doing secret santa again this year, so instead of getting smallish presents for everyone you have a larger budget for one person. Someone suggested that we increase the (already sizeable) budget by $50, and we all agreed. My husband told me that the person who suggested the increased amount is the one who got my name, and the gifts they purchased for me are about $100 under the budget. I've been irritated since I found out, but am hoping to be over it by Christmas.

THIS!! Happens to me every year!! Drives me bananas!

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Here I go......I don’t like Christmas. I’ve lost so many people around the holidays (dad was lost 10 years ago on 12/21 in a plane crash, mother in law suffered from breast cancer and died in January 5 years ago). My dad was the rock on my side of the family. My MIL was the rock on my hubs side of the family. Both of these deaths completely altered the family dynamic in more ways than I can write here. Each Christmas I try to be festive (and still do because I have a 13 year old at home), but I can’t wait for December to be OVER! I hate seeing happy people shopping without a care in the world. I feel like I’m the only one in the world counting down the days until Christmas is over. The holidays are extremely painful for me.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was invited to a party next week, by a friend that I assumed would have known better.

Apparently there will be social distancing and lots of hand sanitiser. Oh well that's OK then - never mind that infection rates in our area are sky rocketing, and that there are legal restrictions on social interactions that expressly prohibit social gatherings like this. No doubt she is special, and the rules that apply to all the rest of us don't apply to her. And never mind that its just this kind of selfish behaviour that is driving infection rates up higher whilst other people who actually care about protecting their community, friends, family and livelihoods are making sacrifices on a daily basis whilst the special, entitled ones carry on regardless.

When I politely declined saying that I would prefer not to take the risk and mentioning our local and national COVID restrictions she blew up at me and we haven't spoken since :x2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was invited to a party next week, by a friend that I assumed would have known better.

Apparently there will be social distancing and lots of hand sanitiser. Oh well that's OK then - never mind that infection rates in our area are sky rocketing, and that there are legal restrictions on social interactions that expressly prohibit social gatherings like this. No doubt she is special, and the rules that apply to all the rest of us don't apply to her. And never mind that its just this kind of selfish behaviour that is driving infection rates up higher whilst other people who actually care about protecting their community, friends, family and livelihoods are making sacrifices on a daily basis whilst the special, entitled ones carry on regardless.

When I politely declined saying that I would prefer not to take the risk and mentioning our local and national COVID restrictions she blew up at me and we haven't spoken since :x2

I'm sorry and I don't know if you are ready to hear this and I am not taking it lightly to say but you are better off without "friends" like this. It's egregious enough to throw a big party when Covid is on the rise and infection rates in your area keep getting higher but to me, the icing on that cake is her actually blowing up at you for showing good sense. And you were polite about it too. That's the behavior that would (for me) be the one that broke that proverbial camel's back.

With friends like that you don't need enemies as the saying goes.
I am sorry and stay safe and be well.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The houses close day after tomorrow. Seriously!?!! Our lender has not yet sent closing documents and wants some supplemental credit check! WTF!?! We are intentionally buying with a mortgage smaller than we can afford even I just one income despite DH working a nice job and me going to head soon as we move. Plus will have savings to cover more than year of expenses with absolutely no income of any form if it came to that. (Probably closer to two years!) Why are they still digging!?

This might be why I have shingles....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here I go......I don’t like Christmas. I’ve lost so many people around the holidays (dad was lost 10 years ago on 12/21 in a plane crash, mother in law suffered from breast cancer and died in January 5 years ago). My dad was the rock on my side of the family. My MIL was the rock on my hubs side of the family. Both of these deaths completely altered the family dynamic in more ways than I can write here. Each Christmas I try to be festive (and still do because I have a 13 year old at home), but I can’t wait for December to be OVER! I hate seeing happy people shopping without a care in the world. I feel like I’m the only one in the world counting down the days until Christmas is over. The holidays are extremely painful for me.

Sending you gentle hugs and good wishes. That would cast gloom over anyone's holidays. Losing loved ones at any time of year can make the holidays that much harder and losing them around the holidays is even more difficult. I am so sorry for your heartache and pain. Be kind to yourself and don't try to be upbeat and cheerful if you aren't feeling it. Let yourself feel what you are feeling. And maybe share how you are feeling with close loved ones who can be there for you and offer you comfort and support and love. ((((Hugs))).

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are getting 12-18” of snow tomorrow but the school district expects all the kids to be online for remote learning because of COVID (whatever that even means). If you live in the northeast you know that one of the great joys being a kid is the first big snowfall and school being cancelled. There is no way in this suck a** year I’m letting some crap policy take that away from the kids.

It’s 9 days before Christmas and tomorrow my kids will be sleeping in, playing in the snow and having hot chocolate and enjoying what little magic there is this year.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results