shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It'll be a cold day in hell before I let my grandkids get vaccinated. At their age contracting the virus are slim and none.

This completely factually inaccurate.

The topic is complex, but scientists agree that children do actually CONTRACT this virus.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This completely factually inaccurate.

The topic is complex, but scientists agree that children do actually CONTRACT this virus.

How many kids die from coronavirus?

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

One problem with this statement is that you’re focusing purely on the here and now.

This is a new virus and the long term effects of exposure are unknown. HPV is a common virus that causes no symptoms in the vast majority (of the many) people exposed to it, but it is correlated to an increased risk of cervical cancer to the extent that it is part of the childhood vaccination programme here in the U.K.

I’m not saying that there’s any evidence of Covid being linked to future health issues in the same way, but that is as yet unknown because our experience of it is so limited. Your view is only taking the short term risk to your grandchildren into account. Until more is known about the virus and the longer term effects of exposure, I’d prefer to err on the side of caution myself.

(I don’t disagree with your views on schooling: schools have remained open here and my children have attended physically. It’s the suggestion of a casual disregard for consequences that I’m trying to comment on.)

I’ve also just realised this isn’t the Covid thread and I have breached the rules for the grumble thread by commenting on a post but it seemed the best place to do so.

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I corrected your statement that children do not catch that virus. Because that statement is false.

Please elaborate on your question. Do you wish to know how many children have died of Covid 19 worldwide until today? In the US? Daily?
And while every death is extremely tragic, the scientific discussion around children and C19 aims on their role as potential viral vectors and thus the risk of them spreading the virus ( to their grandparents while babysitting)

Last edited:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I corrected your statement that children do not catch that virus. Because that statement is false.

Please elaborate on your question. Do you wish to know how many children have died of Covid 19 worldwide until today? In the US? Daily?
And while every death is extremely tragic, the scientific discussion around children and C19 aims on their role as potential viral vectors and thus the risk of them spreading the virus ( to their grandparents while babysitting)

I'm sorry @Matata , reading @lissyflo I realised I broke the rules also.:(2

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I work at a Children’s Hospital. I don’t know the exact answer to your question but I can tell you last week we had three children die from Covid. One was 9 months old, one was 2 years old and the other was 18. Three in one week is more than enough for a lifetime.
I was exposed twice last week to patients who were there for other reasons and whose tests came back positive.
It doesn’t matter how many kids die from Covid when it’s your kid that dies from it.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work at a Children’s Hospital. I don’t know the exact answer to your question but I can tell you last week we had three children die from Covid. One was 9 months old, one was 2 years old and the other was 18. Three in one week is more than enough for a lifetime.
I was exposed twice last week to patients who were there for other reasons and whose tests came back positive.
It doesn’t matter how many kids die from Covid when it’s your kid that dies from it.

Thank you @kayla17 for your work and all the sacrifices that come with it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sad. Our dear friend Julio’s wife died of Covid. They were married 46 years. He’s heartbroken. :cry::cry::cry:
F you Covid.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree!, like harming others mentally by staying lockup at home?. AFAIK I haven't kill anyone yet. You and Greg should get vaccinated ASAP then you have nothing to worry about. You can't stop other peoples from killing themselves. I still love ya ;))even though we disagree!

You live in la la land @Dancing Fire. You can bet we will get the vaccine as soon as we can. However that’s an even longer way off than it should be thanks to people in power abusing their privilege.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really hate AMAZON.

We had fraud on our credit cards twice and had to cancel them and get new cards. In the meantime, some of items that we purchased (7 items) when they charged them came back decline. When the sent me an email about it I immediately gave them my new card number and asked them to re charge the amounts on to the new card.

We had one charge that we reported as fraud because I ordered 189. worth of vitamins and they pulled one charge out of that and posted it separately so it looked like something I hadn't ordered.

Every single time they sent me an email I gave them my card digits and asked them to charge me. Many times they refused saying they had to wait until the credit card company finished their investigations or we would be double charged. We did have actual fraud charges but Amazon didn't care.

Even though I asked them to charge my new card at least 5 times they shut down my Amazon account, cancelled my ability to use Amazon Video and here is the kicker, my kindle had all my books deleted. I turned off air plane mode and every single item (120 pages of books) was deleted. Books I had previously paid for. Deleted.

Yesterday, they finally charged my account for the 7 purchases after a series of messages in which I was text screaming- What the heck do you want me to do, I have asked you to charge my account repeatedly!!!

So now I have access to my books again. It previously took me more than a week to download all my books in the order I want to read them onto a new kindle in November. There was more than 120 pages. Now I have to do it all again!

We spend a lot on amazon. At least a couple thousand dollars a month. That is a lot over the course of a year. The way we were treated through this, we will not be doing that anymore. I have already ordered from other vendors. I will keep my account open only for my books.

My Prime subscription is paid, my books were paid for but they were included in the locking of my account. That seems wrong to me. My 24-30 thousand a year won't make a difference to Jeff Bezos but it will make a difference to other vendors.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @missy, I’m so sorry, your poor friends :(

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m done with people who lack empathy. Don’t give a damn about healthcare workers who are sacrificing their well-being for people who are dying? Don’t give a damn about your fellow man? Going to parties and weddings during this time?

screw you! You’re human waste!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire, Please stop. This isn't the venue for debate. There are plenty other threads on PS where you can do that or even start your own. You're not respecting the rules in my OP. Let people air their grievances in peace.

Sibsgirl

Shiny_Rock
A very elderly great aunt died in November (not COVID-related). The family chose to have a funeral, and my aunt, uncle, and cousin contracted the virus there. Cousin spent 5 days in hospital and uncle spent weeks. Uncle just died, and they're planning to have a funeral for him with upwards of 50 attendees ... Wonder which relative(s) will catch the next wave of stupidity?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire, Please stop. This isn't the venue for debate. There are plenty other threads on PS where you can do that or even start your own. You're not respecting the rules in my OP. Let people air their grievances in peace.

I wish there were more ways to acknowledge a post than just “like”, though, it doesn’t seem quite right when you want to empathise or convey sympathy. @Ella any possibility of that sometime?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish there were more ways to acknowledge a post than just “like”

FB has a fairly new one that is a heart-hugging emoji meant to convey "I care" and I think something similar on PS would be a nice addition. Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 12.43.39 PM.png

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really hate AMAZON.

We had fraud on our credit cards twice and had to cancel them and get new cards. In the meantime, some of items that we purchased (7 items) when they charged them came back decline. When the sent me an email about it I immediately gave them my new card number and asked them to re charge the amounts on to the new card.

We had one charge that we reported as fraud because I ordered 189. worth of vitamins and they pulled one charge out of that and posted it separately so it looked like something I hadn't ordered.

Every single time they sent me an email I gave them my card digits and asked them to charge me. Many times they refused saying they had to wait until the credit card company finished their investigations or we would be double charged. We did have actual fraud charges but Amazon didn't care.

Even though I asked them to charge my new card at least 5 times they shut down my Amazon account, cancelled my ability to use Amazon Video and here is the kicker, my kindle had all my books deleted. I turned off air plane mode and every single item (120 pages of books) was deleted. Books I had previously paid for. Deleted.

Yesterday, they finally charged my account for the 7 purchases after a series of messages in which I was text screaming- What the heck do you want me to do, I have asked you to charge my account repeatedly!!!

So now I have access to my books again. It previously took me more than a week to download all my books in the order I want to read them onto a new kindle in November. There was more than 120 pages. Now I have to do it all again!

We spend a lot on amazon. At least a couple thousand dollars a month. That is a lot over the course of a year. The way we were treated through this, we will not be doing that anymore. I have already ordered from other vendors. I will keep my account open only for my books.

My Prime subscription is paid, my books were paid for but they were included in the locking of my account. That seems wrong to me. My 24-30 thousand a year won't make a difference to Jeff Bezos but it will make a difference to other vendors.

Oh crickly - Amazon is a real pain in the butt
I changed my email a few years ago (Well Gary changed our internet provider) and i had forgotten my Amazon password but Amazon recognized my IP address and wouldn't let me open a new account but wouldn't help me use the old one either
I don't remember what changed ...maybe getting internet on my phone - but i was a good 2 years without an Amazon account and i use Amazon for things that are not available here so i was kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place
Actually come to think of it i think i had to go by my middle name to open the new account...

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a "dislike" option too!!

We've had wars and people banned over "liking" posts. It was ridiculous. I don't think we have enough maturity here, in general, to handle anything other than positive feedback emojis.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We've had wars and people banned over "liking" posts. It was ridiculous. I don't think we have enough maturity here, in general, to handle anything other than positive feedback emojis.

On my Springsteen forum one of my right wing buddies got banned for stalking .... because 4 times in 3 months he used the 'laughing emoji like' on a left leaning moderator's post
It read pretty harmless to me

Its dedinatly not worth going there

but we do have a 'hug' like option that comes in handy for posts when a like feels inappropriate but you really want to acknowledge the person
I can definatly see a use for that here

Example
Screenshot_20201224-101329.png

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I'm tired of people who have strong, loud opinions on topics they obviously don't know anything about.

The twin terrors our country faces have definitely shrunk my circle of connections. People who are stubbornly stupid used to just seem annoying occasionally but now they're a danger to us all. I don't want them in my life.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I was preparing for Christmas Eve dinner tomorrow and cut myself on the mandoline while making scalloped potatoes. Typing with one hand. Bleeding won’t stop. Don’t need to go to doctor cuz it looks like I sliced a little tip of my pinky off so stitches won’t help. I still have a bunch of stuff to do. Hooray.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was preparing for Christmas Eve dinner tomorrow and cut myself on the mandoline while making scalloped potatoes. Typing with one hand. Bleeding won’t stop. Don’t need to go to doctor cuz it looks like I sliced a little tip of my pinky off so stitches won’t help. I still have a bunch of stuff to do. Hooray.

Oh no! :doh: I hope all is OK now and the bleeding has stopped.

That is why I am no longer allowed (self imposed) to use sharp objects. To add insult to injury I pass out when I start bleeding copiously so yeah not good.

I hope you are A OK @Spring Day and that you were able to do all you needed to as well. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On my Springsteen forum one of my right wing buddies got banned for stalking .... because 4 times in 3 months he used the 'laughing emoji like' on a left leaning moderator's post
It read pretty harmless to me

Its dedinatly not worth going there

but we do have a 'hug' like option that comes in handy for posts when a like feels inappropriate but you really want to acknowledge the person
I can definatly see a use for that here

Example
Screenshot_20201224-101329.png

How about this one?

hugemoji.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FB has a fairly new one that is a heart-hugging emoji meant to convey "I care" and I think something similar on PS would be a nice addition. Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 12.43.39 PM.png

Oops, see it was already suggested as I work my way backwards through the posts most recent to older. This is a very nice hug emoji.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a "dislike" option too!!

That, is, IMO, what posts are for...we can elaborate as to what we dislike. I think having a dislike (ie thumbs down let's say) option could quickly evolve into school yard fights. We are adults here and I think using words is a good way to express our dislike. JMO.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My current grumble is that the grumble thread has gone into specific discussions and I really don't want to see it get taken down if it turns to fighting or by the OP as it loses the original intent.

Aside from that, I am sick of people driving stupid and making the roads dangerous for everyone. I have spent eight hours in the car each day for the last few days and seen some awful things. Only one dead that I saw from it, but so many more who could die just because people don't follow the laws or pay attention to road conditions.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results