shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Can you tell her that if she doesn't leave for lunch by 12:15, you will?

I think I'll have to use this tactic. I'm certain once she gets a taste of her own medicine a time or two, she'll leave at noon on the dot moving forward.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
At my ripe age I’ve been wearing braces. I was able to leave off the elastics over the holidays. I just came back from the orthodontist. Not only am I back in elastics..I have to wear three on one side and two on the other side... :(

Oh no! My daughter is in braces right now and she absolutely HATES her elastics. She's just got one on each side so I can't imagine what 5 total is like! Silver lining is that it's temporary and you will have an even more beautiful smile when it's all over!

A friend of mine who is my age (40-ish) just got braces and she will have to have multiple surgeries to break and correct her jaw down the road. She's been so self-conscious about her smile for so many years, it's money well spent.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been in my current position for a little over a year. I have a coworker that I truly adore, however, she and I are required to stagger our lunches so the phones are covered. In the beginning we agreed on her going from 12-1 and I'd take the 1-2 break. Sometimes that will differ and we discuss beforehand, but for the most part that's been the norm. As of late, I made the mistake of mentioning that I prefer a later lunch because it makes the day go by faster. Well, fast forward a few weeks and she has to take hers later for some reason or another and tells me how I was right and her day did, in fact, go by faster. Now, instead of taking her typical 12-1 break she continues to leave later and later, today being 12:45. This in turn pushes me back to at least 1:45. Keep in mind I'm a breakfast skipper, and while I do prefer going later than most, 2pm is less than ideal and I'm typically pretty hungry by then. I don't want to be that person that has to remind her that I need to wait for her to get back before I can eat but come on. If that's what we agreed to and it's been that way for practically a year, have some common courtesy. I guess I need to come prepared with snacks from here on out.

Signed,
A Hangry PriceScoper

Another option is alternating. If she prefers eating later now and you also prefer it perhaps do one week early and one week later. (Only as an example)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At my ripe age I’ve been wearing braces. I was able to leave off the elastics over the holidays. I just came back from the orthodontist. Not only am I back in elastics..I have to wear three on one side and two on the other side... :(

Think of the beautiful results you’re going to have!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The tapas restaurant in my home town that opened in September 2022 has taken one of mybl favourite dishes off the menu!

Apparently I am the only one who orders it, and it is not cost effective for them to stock and cook it just one a week or so due to the amount of wastage involved.

It's deep-fried baby squid with garlic mayo. Everyone else orders the squid rings as in calamari and it is not as nice IMHO.

Hey ho, very First World I know!

DK :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The tapas restaurant in my home town that opened in September 2022 has taken one of mybl favourite dishes off the menu!

Apparently I am the only one who orders it, and it is not cost effective for them to stock and cook it just one a week or so due to the amount of wastage involved.

It's deep-fried baby squid with garlic mayo. Everyone else orders the squid rings as in calamari and it is not as nice IMHO.

Hey ho, very First World I know!

DK :(

So I am not telling you what to do at all. Just sharing in case you were not aware. I used to not be aware of this fact and so I hope you do not mind @dk168 as I share this respectfully.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Welp, that was an adventure. :confused2: I never went above 20 mph the whole way on my own morning 'sleigh ride'.
Roads are extremely treacherous this morning! I just returned from picking up DH because he slo-mo ran the ride share van into a telephone pole, the roads were so bad there was nothing he could do but slide at 20mph and be pissed about it. The airbags didn't even deploy. He's fine but the van took the pole in the center front and buckled significantly. Boo- hiss, but that's what insurance is for. We'll see what the garage says... we got to see our newest local officer who was on call for DS's accident last year and of course all the local volunteers. That was nice.
I passed three other accidents in the 10 miles before I got to his on the same road. Luckily, all were being attended to. Two looked serious. I hope they're okay. Apparently, there were many off the road all over, usually we don't have that many accidents like this with locals at a time. It was that bad.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It felt good to have finally unfriended and blocked an ex-gentleman friend on FB.

I carried a torch for him for some time even after we broke up.

We shared mutual friends and have been able to stay amicable.

However, I found myself distancing from him more and more, when he kept having pops at me in the name of being "humorous", and when I responded in kind, I was the one who did not have a sense of humour and being too uptight etc...

Things came to a blow a few minutes ago, and I don't see why I should put up with him for any longer.

So I unfriended and blocked him.

DK :cool2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got to my other house in Maryland. I ran to the kitchen to get my little jewelry travel case out of the drawer. I half expected my misplaced band to be there. Nope..I ran around looking in all the areas I could have put it down. Nope. It’s gone. I can’t believe it..It has to be at the Pa house or thrown out by mistake when I was sick. I’m starting to believe it accidentally got thrown out. :cry2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! My daughter is in braces right now and she absolutely HATES her elastics. She's just got one on each side so I can't imagine what 5 total is like! Silver lining is that it's temporary and you will have an even more beautiful smile when it's all over!

A friend of mine who is my age (40-ish) just got braces and she will have to have multiple surgeries to break and correct her jaw down the road. She's been so self-conscious about her smile for so many years, it's money well spent.

Oh no! Your poor friend! It’s just so excruciating to sleep with the elastics. I think because I’m older my teeth hurts more? I don’t know but it’s better than what your poor friend has to go through! Give her a big hug!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! Your poor friend! It’s just so excruciating to sleep with the elastics. I think because I’m older my teeth hurts more? I don’t know but it’s better than what your poor friend has to go through! Give her a big hug!

Yes, that’s actually true! The younger you are the easier it is for them to move. I hope you get some relief soon! And I will. Thank you for the sweet words.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If DH and I can't build it ourselves, I don't need it. I am so freaking DONE hiring people to do stuff. The duck run is not secure. Going to have to pull the sod back and run a magnet over to remove steel wire trimmings because they are working up and going to be eaten. Plus I will have to either figure out a way to secure the surround in place or just cut it all off and start fresh (wasting $400 worth of materials but possibly the easier approach since they made a mess of it). We also need to finish the chicken coop and run ourselves since it was taking glacial ages. We've also had small tools go missing. A tape measure here, a hammer there, another tape measure here, some drill bits there. About $300 worth from what I can tell.

It goes downhill from there. They claim we owe them for 10 hours of work still (we don't) so want another $600. Told a friend about this mess and she wondered who it is. Turns out, I managed to hire the town drug dealers to build my chicken coop! Seriously!?!?!
(All sorts of added fun as they have been in our house so have an idea as to what we have and where it is kept...)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found out yesterday that the firm that did a great job with my highly spec'ed and complicated van conversion had gone under since September 2022.

I tried to send them a message to say I forgot to send them a festive card in December 2022 and it went unanswered.

Also no respond from the text messages, even after I informed him about another fault being developed with the awning.

I went to check the status of the company and found it had gone under in September 2022, and had not received any communications about it.

I found it very sad as it was a family firm started by the parents of the current owners, and I had a good rapport with them. :(2

The motor part of the awning had developed another fault and extended on its own twice in the past few weeks, and now it is not working, possibly due to the motor burning out.

I took the fuse out after observing how it was being repaired the last time it developed a fault, so that it cannot extend on its own electronically again.

Now I need to find someone else to fix the awning and to service the aftermarket van conversion parts.

First trip out is in April 2023 over Easter, so hopefully, I have time to get the van serviced and the awning fixed.

DK :(2

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not having a good time lately...

I decided to give up the contract I took on last February 2022 as I was not enjoying it.

It was too bity and although I work only 2 days per week for them on paper, the two days are spread over a week and I found I was clock-watching all the time, worried about whether I could get away on time for existing engagements.

In addition, it was like walking through mud all the time, very convoluted and manual/paper based systems etc...

I shall miss my colleagues.

I am not jumping out of a plane without a parachute as such as I still have my existing contracts.

If I were to take on another contract, I shall allow more time for myself and stipulate my working hours instead of leaving it as open all hours which I found not to my liking.

I would mean less spare pennies for blings, however, I shall have more freedom to do what I would like to do.

DK :confused2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To update my saga the replacement meds arrived Monday finally and packed correctly this time. This little mistake cost my insurance company lots of money. ::)

Screen Shot 2023-01-18 at 7.11.08 AM.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not giving out too much details as the issue is on-going and has yet to reach a satisfactory resolution, etc. etc...

However, I would go as far as to say the eBay vendor is messing with the wrong person, in that I know a bit more than the average consumer when it comes to jewellery!

Not my usual bench just to clarify - my contact there knows what I am like and I had met him in person!

DK :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We’re heading home to Pa. I’m going to tear that house apart looking for that band. :angryfire:
In the meantime..I’m wearing my Tiffany baguette band..:kiss2:
70194DF4-EE80-458D-91EC-381A7C1FF0B7.jpeg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read on CNN that actor Julian Sands (who played the young lover opposite Helena Bonham Carter in A Room With A View) is the missing hiker in the Mt. Baldy, CA area. He's been missing since Friday.

"Search and rescue crews were on the mountain looking for Sands, but due to the severe weather and an avalanche threat, rescuers had to suspend their search efforts...."

I hope he has managed to find shelter somehow.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
DS tested positive for Covid on Sat. Older DD tested positive on Sun. Younger DD tested positive on Mon. DS is back at school masked up (he had fatigue and a runny nose last Wednesday, but didn't tell us until Sat-teenagers :/). Girls are home quarantining all week. Thankfully, they all have mild symptoms.

Oh, and my 80 yo parents thought it would be ok to go to Asia for 5 weeks :(

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More a as expected disappointment ...

I used to learn tap dancing, and got a distinction in Grade 3 for adults before I gave it up as I struggled with doing the more energetic moves such as double-feeted pull backs.

In addition, the teacher left and the school I was with which was 30min's drive away would not offer tap class anymore.

Fast forward 6/7 years later, I found a local dance school in my town is offering beginners tap classes, and I thought I would give it a go.

I struggled with my first class, as it was not exactly "beginners" class and they were doing double-feeted pull backs and the even more difficult wings!!!

At least I gave it a try, hey ho!

I would probably look for a line dancing class instead.

DK :roll2: :lol-2:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m trying to grow out my natural gray. It started out as a deep dark brown. I had to have it bleached 3 times to get it light enough to go gray. She toned it and i loved it. Fast forward to now and i have half gray hair, half damaged bleach blonde. This isn’t a good look. I figure i have six more months of looking like a hag.

On the bright side, i lost 15 pounds of pandemic weight! I’m so happy! I have a cruise in April. I wanna be sexy for it. Ok, i won’t be sexy, but one can dream...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Calliecake..Nothing so far..In the meantime I’m buying all sorts of Etsy items I don’t need..lol

Oh no @MamaBee. I was so hoping you would find it at your home. Have you found another ring close to the one you lost?

I almost threw one of my rings out by accident years ago. I cleaned the ring and dried it off in a paper towel and put the paper towel down on the countertop. I almost threw the ring out in the paper towel about a half an hour later. Luckily it fell on the floor and I heard it fall.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a bill for medical treatment on the 23rd, 25th & 26th December.

So what you might think? It wasn’t me!!!! Have spent a frustrating time trying to get through to the hospital where the treatment was carried out.

Have finally got it sorted. What are the chances of 2 people with the same name and the same insurance company? Someone didn’t do their job in checking the patients DOB and SS number, which of course aren’t the same as mine. I’ve asked for the hospital to send me a letter confirming that it wasn’t me who had the treatment, and therefore don’t owe any many.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no @MamaBee. I was so hoping you would find it at your home. Have you found another ring close to the one you lost?

I almost threw one of my rings out by accident years ago. I cleaned the ring and dried it off in a paper towel and put the paper towel down on the countertop. I almost threw the ring out in the paper towel about a half an hour later. Luckily it fell on the floor and I heard it fall.

@Calliecake I think that’s what happened. I wasn’t sleeping because I was up all night coughing. I clean my jewelry in the ultrasonic and then put my jewelry on a paper towel to dry. I must have thrown it out. I really can’t imagine doing that because I’m so careful. I was on brain fumes then from lack of sleep. I’ve looked everywhere..It’s actually easy because I know I wouldn’t put it anywhere but my normal places. I’m debating about getting another band. I do have the Tiffany one but it’s thicker and the baguettes are more square. The one I lost was slim with elongated baguettes. It was an Art Deco band so not easy to find again. I’ll see if the princess cut band I purchased does the trick. My emerald cut ring in my avatar is too big so the Tiffany band pushes it to the thicker part of my finger which helps. I just liked the slimmer look of the band I lost. The width was also a good width for Winter. :cry2:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
This is actually another good reason to take really good closeups of your jewelry in case you ever want to recreate something that was lost.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results