shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I told DH last night that if I die of lead poisoning, so be it! I don't eat it that often and I am not about to give it up. (Insert picture of arms crossed toddler with tongue sticking out.)

I agree as I’m sitting here after my lunch with my four pieces of Hershey’s kisses..I may wean myself down to two but as of now..it’s four..:saint:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The article stated milk chocolate is a better alternative but it did state you shouldn‘t eat it with abandon and shouldn‘t eat it every day. I’ve been eating milk chocolate with abandon for the past 3 years.

@MamaBee a serving of Hersey kisses is 7. You aren’t eating one serving.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The article stated milk chocolate is a better alternative but it did state you shouldn‘t eat it with abandon and shouldn‘t eat it every day. I’ve been eating milk chocolate with abandon for the past 3 years.

@MamaBee a serving of Hersey kisses is 7. You aren’t eating one serving.

Everything I like will kill me..haha

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree as I’m sitting here after my lunch with my four pieces of Hershey’s kisses..I may wean myself down to two but as of now..it’s four..:saint:

I was going to ask if you eat all four at once…I admire your constraint to stop at four. Chocolate is about my favorite food; I would skip dinner to have something chocolate! Lol!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was going to ask if you eat all four at once…I admire your constraint to stop at four. Chocolate is about my favorite food; I would skip dinner to have something chocolate! Lol!

I’m trying to lose weight so I‘m limiting myself..I couldn’t eliminate the chocolate so I have four. Because of my age losing weight is like swimming with the salmon! :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m trying to lose weight so I‘m limiting myself..I couldn’t eliminate the chocolate so I have four. Because of my age losing weight is like swimming with the salmon! :lol:

Admirable! Just hard to have to give up everything we love. I can limit food much easier than I can sweets. The struggle is real!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Same here. I'd give up food before I'd give up chocolate. I've been eating a lot of dark chocolate for years. I just have to have it.
@MamaBee you have much more self control than I do. 4 Hershey kisses just isn't enough. I've been eating those Dove dark chocolate squares. They are so good. I doubt I'll stop. If it hasn't killed me yet, at this point in my life, I'm not giving it up.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Same here. I'd give up food before I'd give up chocolate. I've been eating a lot of dark chocolate for years. I just have to have it.
@MamaBee you have much more self control than I do. 4 Hershey kisses just isn't enough. I've been eating those Dove dark chocolate squares. They are so good. I doubt I'll stop. If it hasn't killed me yet, at this point in my life, I'm not giving it up.

You’re so funny @Lookinagain! I have to get weight off..Since I’m older I have to eat way less to lose it..
I melt each one slowly in my mouth..I brush my teeth..and then pop on my elastics..I can’t believe I have braces at my age! I use them as a tool to not snack..

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re so funny @Lookinagain! I have to get weight off..Since I’m older I have to eat way less to lose it..
I melt each one slowly in my mouth..I brush my teeth..and then pop on my elastics..I can’t believe I have braces at my age! I use them as a tool to not snack..

My DH just finished up with his Invisaligns late last year at the ripe old age of 63! They kept him from snacking because he had
to take them out/eat/brush before popping them back in. Unfortunately, I don't think he lost any weight!:confused:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My DH just finished up with his Invisaligns late last year at the ripe old age of 63! They kept him from snacking because he had
to take them out/eat/brush before popping them back in. Unfortunately, I don't think he lost any weight!:confused:

I’m older than your husband. I just have to brush my teeth and waterpik every time I eat. Snacking has disappeared because I have to now wear them during the day between meals. I do get a few hours break before bed. I have to put the elastics in when I sleep. I think I may need Invisaligns after the braces come off.
You can still eat fattening things with braces. They just have to be soft. I just try to avoid them because I lose weight ounces at a time as it is..

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started eating darker and darker chocolate and the darker I went, the less I liked my chocolate sweetened!
This despite my having a sweet tooth.

Now my favorite chocolate, I kid you not, is Ghirardelli 100% cacao unsweetened baking chips. They taste wonderful! You would think they'd be too bitter, but they aren't.

I am fussy about brands. Most baking chocolate is nasty eaten on its own.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has gotten me thinking about my taste in coffee. I was raised in an Italian home and grew up drinking black, unsweetened espresso. My espresso pot went to college with me-- I had a contraband hot plate in my dorm room for the purpose! The bitterness is a large part of the appeal. I could not stomach it sweetened.
So it isn't really surprising to me that I prefer my chocolate unsweetened also.

My stomach can't handle coffee any more, but fortunately chocolate is just fine!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minor issue, I suppose, except that I know it keeps others from doing routine care. One of our cats is due rabies vaccine. Fine. He was in for an echocardiogram and exam with a cardiologist in November. Plus a full ($300+) blood panel at the time. X-rays and regular exam for another issue not too long before. But those weren't "annual" exams so don't count. His vet tech appointment for rabies vaccine was changed to a full vet exam plus vaccine because they can't provide care of more than a year has passed since an "annual." This isn't the first time I have dealt with this insanity. If I have a cat/dog in 2+ times in the year with a full check by the vet and blood work each time, that really should qualify as "annual" and not need a whole separate appointment! I know people who don't bother to keep up on vaccine es because the $30 vaccine quickly becomes $300+ for the "annual" plus blood work plus vaccine.

Oh! And my little dog is going in for a booster in a 2 vaccine series because they had to start the series all over again since she was a month past when her yearly booster was due. Seriously!?!? It can't be that temperamental!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve waited since last May for the repairers to get the parts to fix the damage to my car. They said the manufacturers weren’t releasing any body parts as they were all being used to build new cars. I phoned every 3 weeks for an update and was told in November, that it was looking likely they would get the parts after Christmas. I phoned at the beginning of January and they said they could do the repair and to bring the car in on the 17th.

They said they needed 10 working days to do the repairs, so I took it in. It was supposed to be ready on Tuesday (7th Feb). We had awful weather last week, so they said they were without power and couldn’t work, and the parts and paint couldn’t be delivered, so changed the completion date to today.

I rang today to check the car would be ready today, to be told no, it won’t be, and it’s ‘looking likely” it’ll be ready next Wednesday - over 3 weeks. If they didn’t have the parts, why did they bother to get me to take the car in on the 17th?

Meanwhile, we’ve been stuck in the house, and I’ve had to do an online shop today as we’re completely out of fresh items, including milk. :x2

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I still wear my mask inside public places. So I can assume the woman who gave me the finger today was because of my mask? :rolleyes: Can't make this stuff up!

cheers--Sharon

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
HI:

I still wear my mask inside public places. So I can assume the woman who gave me the finger today was because of my mask? :rolleyes: Can't make this stuff up!

cheers--Sharon

I still wear my mask inside public spaces too, an N95 at that! I've found I get fewer dirty looks if I am also in my scrubs. Some people just need to do better at minding their own business.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still wear my mask inside public spaces too, an N95 at that! I've found I get fewer dirty looks if I am also in my scrubs. Some people just need to do better at minding their own business.

Maybe she didn't like the color of my N-95? Yup about the MYOB.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been looking for a tsav for a long time. I feel like Goldilocks only I can't find one that is just right. They're too dark, too light, too much extinction, too small, too too toooooooooooooooo :boohoo:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a text that I got from our oldest son (who is in high school this morning).

34151CF1-7076-42B8-B43B-744438D01548.jpeg

Daily fights, kids getting thrown through windows (this actually did happen not even being dramatic), lockdowns on the regular. The bathrooms are locked during the day because the kids will tear the bathrooms apart or vape in there. He has told me he will be walking to class and there is a huge fight blocking the way so he has to turn around and go another way.

He chooses to continue to go to this school and luckily he is in the agricultural program and has a really good group of friends. However, I can’t wait for him to be out of there. How is this acceptable and why aren’t these kids being thrown out?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
This is a text that I got from our oldest son (who is in high school this morning).

34151CF1-7076-42B8-B43B-744438D01548.jpeg

Daily fights, kids getting thrown through windows (this actually did happen not even being dramatic), lockdowns on the regular. The bathrooms are locked during the day because the kids will tear the bathrooms apart or vape in there. He has told me he will be walking to class and there is a huge fight blocking the way so he has to turn around and go another way.

He chooses to continue to go to this school and luckily he is in the agricultural program and has a really good group of friends. However, I can’t wait for him to be out of there. How is this acceptable and why aren’t these kids being thrown out?

That's terrifying! I'm so glad he's okay. I hate this situation- kids have enough to be stressed about without worrying about unpredictable harm to their bodily person.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ItsMainelyYou, things like this didn’t happen when I went to high school, you know in “the good old days.” Officially old now lol!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I think my brain kindly suppressed the memories of the last time I was in school learning new, somewhat difficult information. I love what I'm learning, but dang if it isn't making my head hurt a bit.

There was a death in the family following my first day of school last week, which had me off my game on Tuesday and Wednesday, which left me feeling pretty behind Thursday and Friday, and I've spent a lot of time trying to catch up this weekend. It's like slowly beating my head against a wall sometimes. Things are starting to click together and I've reviewed all the content for tomorrows lesson, but there is a massive paranoia that I am doomed to fail because I didn't start off as strong as I otherwise could have had circumstances been different.

I know where I'm stronger, and left notes open to refer back to tomorrow for areas I'm not as confident in. Ugg, I just had a very different idea of how this was going to go down. (I'm still very excited though, and find it isn't a chore to put in the 4-6 hours of review/practice/homework every day, but it was very difficult to absorb information at the foundational step level we covered the first three days).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

cheers--Sharon

That’s awful @canuk-gal..The world has gone crazy. I wear my kn95 mask everywhere inside. I look to see if anyone gives me “the look”. So far no one has that I can tell. Maybe because they can see I’m older? I went into Texas Roadhouse to pick up dinner for the guys. The place was packed. I was the only one with a mask inside. I know people have to take off their mask to eat..but it was CROWDED!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve waited since last May for the repairers to get the parts to fix the damage to my car. They said the manufacturers weren’t releasing any body parts as they were all being used to build new cars. I phoned every 3 weeks for an update and was told in November, that it was looking likely they would get the parts after Christmas. I phoned at the beginning of January and they said they could do the repair and to bring the car in on the 17th.

They said they needed 10 working days to do the repairs, so I took it in. It was supposed to be ready on Tuesday (7th Feb). We had awful weather last week, so they said they were without power and couldn’t work, and the parts and paint couldn’t be delivered, so changed the completion date to today.

I rang today to check the car would be ready today, to be told no, it won’t be, and it’s ‘looking likely” it’ll be ready next Wednesday - over 3 weeks. If they didn’t have the parts, why did they bother to get me to take the car in on the 17th?

Meanwhile, we’ve been stuck in the house, and I’ve had to do an online shop today as we’re completely out of fresh items, including milk. :x2

I’m happy you finally got your car back @Austina. Don’t you still have to wait on one part? It sounds so crazy to have to wait so long for parts.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s awful @canuk-gal..The world has gone crazy. I wear my kn95 mask everywhere inside. I look to see if anyone gives me “the look”. So far no one has that I can tell. Maybe because they can see I’m older? I went into Texas Roadhouse to pick up dinner for the guys. The place was packed. I was the only one with a mask inside. I know people have to take off their mask to eat..but it was CROWDED!
DH and I don't eat in restaurants yet. All those people with masks off eating, talking, and laughing plus everyone who works there being constantly exposed to unmasked people.... It just leaves me nervous. I prefer a quieter environment anyway so getting it to go and eating in the car is usually my preference anyway. I also attempt to shop for groceries at quiet times or less busy stores.

I do admit that I don't wear a mask when I am out and about, but that is mostly due to issues with my vision. Wearing a mask messes with the vision in one eye and throws my balance all out of whack. I seldom go out so the risk is comparatively minimal. Falling with my back still a mess is a massive fear and I really don't want to find out if I could make it through a fall without needing surgery.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH and I don't eat in restaurants yet. All those people with masks off eating, talking, and laughing plus everyone who works there being constantly exposed to unmasked people.... It just leaves me nervous. I prefer a quieter environment anyway so getting it to go and eating in the car is usually my preference anyway. I also attempt to shop for groceries at quiet times or less busy stores.

I do admit that I don't wear a mask when I am out and about, but that is mostly due to issues with my vision. Wearing a mask messes with the vision in one eye and throws my balance all out of whack. I seldom go out so the risk is comparatively minimal. Falling with my back still a mess is a massive fear and I really don't want to find out if I could make it through a fall without needing surgery.

I’m so sorry about your back. I just wish people would stop making a fuss when someone does wear a mask. I haven’t had it happen to me personally but it makes me mad that someone would do something nasty like give a finger to someone for wearing one. My husband and I don’t go out to eat either..We haven’t gone once since the pandemic other than eating outside. The only concession is seeing my friends every three months in a restaurant that’s not busy. We go at 11:30. Usually there’s no one there but this last time there were more people. It’s still set up in such a way that you are far from everyone. It’s also a place that’s a little nicer so no one is laughing out loud and carrying on. It’s pretty quiet. Since it was after Valentine’s Day everyone must have decided to not go when it was busy that day and went the day we were there.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry about your back. I just wish people would stop making a fuss when someone does wear a mask. I haven’t had it happen to me personally but it makes me mad that someone would do something nasty like give a finger to someone for wearing one. My husband and I don’t go out to eat either..We haven’t gone once since the pandemic other than eating outside. The only concession is seeing my friends every three months in a restaurant that’s not busy. We go at 11:30. Usually there’s no one there but this last time there were more people. It’s still set up in such a way that you are far from everyone. It’s also a place that’s a little nicer so no one is laughing out loud and carrying on. It’s pretty quiet. Since it was after Valentine’s Day everyone must have decided to not go when it was busy that day and went the day we were there.

Seeing friends is important self care. Glad you have a quiet place like that to meet up! My friends are working on plans to get together again after too long. We're going to try for group learning/teaching days where we all get together and learn to tap maple trees or milk cows or prune fruit trees. Should be fun!

People wearing masks shouldn't get any dirty looks or anything from anyone. I'm sorry there are still people out there who do! I try to make extra sure that anyone wearing a mask gets a polite nod and smile from me while I respect a good distance between us (which I do for those without masks too). It is sad that so many people have forgotten how to show basic respect and courtesy to others.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results