shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I just found it odd to get various facial cleansing wipes for a birthday present. She’s the nicest person so it comes from a good place. I’m sure she meant it positively. I just thought it was a bit strange. Haha

Ugh, I feel kinda dumb, I didn't pay much attention to the wipes and I thought the mask was pretty lol...I just thought she was going for a "spa" themed gift. It really does sound like she had good intentions and meant well. I hope you had a great birthday!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s my birthday today. My neighbor/friend just dropped off a present for me

She thinks you look like crap,
She thinks you think. you look like crap.
She thought she was being nice.
My favorite: She re-gifted. :bigsmile:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh, I feel kinda dumb, I didn't pay much attention to the wipes and I thought the mask was pretty lol...I just thought she was going for a "spa" themed gift. It really does sound like she had good intentions and meant well. I hope you had a great birthday!

No..It was the way I photographed the wipes!
Thank you for the birthday wishes!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I always secretly wanted to make art; I loved drawing pictures of everything when I was a little kid, the trouble is that I've never taken an actual class and have none of the skills or craft to truly do it properly. I didn't even get to take art classes in high school. I don't know past the basics of looking at something and copying it. I never progressed. There was no way I would've ever allowed anyone to see my failures. I never showed anyone anything at all. I had no portfolio. What art school would've accepted me? What was I thinking, anyway? You're a fraud. You just doodle.
I fully believe(d) they would've laughed me out of the room. I couldn't face even the possibility of that rejection.
I found this behind the one of the bookcases and it's around 18yrs old. I thought it was lost forever. It's an unfinished sketch of my nephew when he was a baby. I haven't drawn anything at all, in all that time, save one picture of a falcon a decade ago for one of my kids. I abandoned art in abject despair and frustration. I told myself, you can't do this, you have little talent and no skill. It's nothing but a cartoon. A bad one. I beat myself up and was too fearful to even attempt to learn. I took no joy in it. It had something to do with how I was raised. If it wasn't perfect- It had no worth. I couldn't even begin to do it professionally, so I wouldn't do it at all.
I shut down completely for almost twenty years. I don't even doodle.
I found this today and started crying over what I did to myself. How hateful, cruel and sad I was. How fearful I was that I never even tried. How I found ways to punish myself.
20230107_211053.jpg
I'm not ready to try just yet, but I think that I'll try to learn some skills on the internet or something to help me forgive the younger me for denying myself the things that could've made me happy because of fear.
This is my first step.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always secretly wanted to make art; I loved drawing pictures of everything when I was a little kid, the trouble is that I've never taken an actual class and have none of the skills or craft to truly do it properly. I didn't even get to take art classes in high school. I don't know past the basics of looking at something and copying it. I never progressed. There was no way I would've ever allowed anyone to see my failures. I never showed anyone anything at all. I had no portfolio. What art school would've accepted me? What was I thinking, anyway? You're a fraud. You just doodle.
I fully believe(d) they would've laughed me out of the room. I couldn't face even the possibility of that rejection.
I found this behind the one of the bookcases and it's around 18yrs old. I thought it was lost forever. It's an unfinished sketch of my nephew when he was a baby. I haven't drawn anything at all, in all that time, save one picture of a falcon a decade ago for one of my kids. I abandoned art in abject despair and frustration. I told myself, you can't do this, you have little talent and no skill. It's nothing but a cartoon. A bad one. I beat myself up and was too fearful to even attempt to learn. I took no joy in it. It had something to do with how I was raised. If it wasn't perfect- It had no worth. I couldn't even begin to do it professionally, so I wouldn't do it at all.
I found this today and started crying over what I did to myself. How hateful, cruel and sad I was. How fearful I was that I never even tried. How I found ways to punish myself.
20230107_211053.jpg
I'm not ready to try just yet, but I think that I'll try to learn some skills on the internet or something to help me forgive the younger me for denying myself the things that could've made me happy because of fear.
This is my first step.

That is beautiful! The eyes are especially good. I really hope you do take at least online classes because of that is your talent without training, I can only imagine what you could do with training!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20230107_211053.jpg
This is my first step.

A million years ago I went to art school.
Then I worked in a commercial art studio for several years as a paste-up artist and an illustrator. My career went south because I foolishly got married and had babies.
So because of all my worldly experience, I'm about to give you some advice.
You have talent and you know it! Most people could never draw that baby at all! Most people can barely draw stick figures.

Go to an art supply store. A real art supply store, not stupid Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Walk around in there and suck up all the vibes. You will surely be inspired and energized when you see all the cool stuff in there.
Buy a decent set of drawing pencils and a nice sketch pad. Maybe a badic drawing instruction book. This will help you to get serious about your drawing skills.

Then sit down and just do it. Start filling up the sketchbook, with anything and everything. Watch some YouTube videos if you want. YouTube is so great for inspiration.
Look for life drawing videos, which will help you with perspective and anatomy.
Don't expect to make masterpieces right away. It takes time, but you have time!!!
Now sister--you have the will and the talent.
It just needs a kickstart!

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, you guys. I did the first step and showed someone something I made, however humble. That's big for me.
I will do as you suggest @stracci2000, soon. I would like to see what I could do with even a little training. I've decided to not be afraid anymore. In many ways I can't understand why I was ever afraid at all.
I'm very proud of one thing. I righted this self wrong in a way with my daughter. She is an artist, a real one. I've always made sure she's known it and felt supported in it. She has the skills. She is finding a way to integrate her art with her love of science in ways I didn't think possible. And she is not afraid.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ItsMainelyYou, just like your daughter, you are a real artist too. It’s there, you just have to harvest it with some bravery and confidence. Your daughter has someone who believes in and encourages her. We believe in you, believe in yourself!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so upset..I misplaced my platinum diamond baguette band. I wore this band quite a few times a week because it acted like a spacer..but it also gave a pretty look to a stack. I also have a Tiffany baguette band but the baguettes are chunkier..so the band is thicker. I also don’t like to stack it next to diamonds like I did with the one I just misplaced. I don’t want it getting chewed up by the ring next to it. I say misplaced because it has to be either at this house or my other house in Maryland. I visited my son and family the week before Christmas..We stopped at our house in Maryland for a night..Then we went to Va to stay with them for a few days. We came back to Pa a few days before Christmas. I don’t remember where I could have misplaced it. I wore my yellow gold bezel cushion at their house because I do a lot with my hands there…It can’t be at their house.. I’m so upset. I hope I find it…:(

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy belated birthday @MamaBee!

I’m sorry you have misplaced your baguette band, fingers crossed you find it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I looked for my misplaced band in all the places I normally would put my band. I keep my jewelry pouch in an area I can’t get into easily..If for whatever reason I leave out a band by mistake…but not one of my engagement rings..I will put it only in certain areas to prevent what just happened with me misplacing it. The trouble was I was sick before Christmas, was traveling all over between Va, Maryland, and Pa. I realized I did wear my ACA to my son and daughter-in-law ’s house which means I wore that band. I know I didn’t leave it there because I sleep with my jewelry when I stay over their house. I never want to take a chance of it getting lost..I even wash dishes with it on. What may have happened was I had an extra band in my travel jewelry case so decided to wear a different band to my son and daughter-in-law’s house after staying the night at my Maryland house before heading to Va. In that case it would be in my little jewelry case in my other house in Maryland…I don’t keep other jewelry there. I have a habit of taking off my jewelry and putting the jewelry I wore that day in a little jewelry case..I have the same case for each house but a different color. The only place it could be is in that little case in Maryland..If it’s not there then it mistakenly got thrown out with the trash. I was really sick before and after Christmas. Maybe I threw it out with tissues..Ugh..I can’t lose it outside because it’s always in the center of my stacks..Sorry for rambling..I’m just so upset with myself. :cry2:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When would you normally take your next trip to your Maryland house, @MamaBee? Is it worth driving there just to check on it?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
When would you normally take your next trip to your Maryland house, @MamaBee? Is it worth driving there just to check on it?

@pearlsngems I want to go but it’s over two hours to get there so I don’t like to go in one day. We have so many things we have to do here that we can’t manage a drive to check. I’m hoping that if we get all our stuff done we can head down next week.
What I like about this band is the elongated baguettes. It’s a slim band so it goes with everything. C0887836-BCA2-4794-857C-BA6D3D679B16.jpeg

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@pearlsngems I want to go but it’s over two hours to get there so I don’t like to go in one day. We have so many things we have to do here that we can’t manage a drive to check. I’m hoping that if we get all our stuff done we can head down next week.
What I like about this band is the elongated baguettes. It’s a slim band so it goes with everything.

Hahaha @canuk-gal! I attached the wrong band. That was my chunky Tiffany band. You were quick!
I just corrected it and put the right band in now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is how Cigna packed my meds and delivered them. No cushioning at all. 18 glass bottles broken. Glass everywhere. Greg threw it all out as he said it was too risky to take with little bits of glass on everything. I am frustrated. I need this med to live and this is how they send it????

2EE78897-2C3A-4AC3-BAA5-C3F370C2CBAF.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is how Cigna packed my meds and delivered them. No cushioning at all. 18 glass bottles broken. Glass everywhere. Greg threw it all out as he said it was too risky to take with little bits of glass on everything. I am frustrated. I need this med to live and this is how they send it????

2EE78897-2C3A-4AC3-BAA5-C3F370C2CBAF.jpeg

That is awful @missy! Are they going to send you a new package overnight? I never heard of medicine getting packaged in glass bottles either. Mine are all plastic.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Egads @missy that’s awful. This past year I received 6 pkgs from different vendors where the contents had spilled into the packing box and it looked as though the caps had been loosened post production. I began to suspect shipping dept. people were doing this and it was disturbing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Egads @missy that’s awful. This past year I received 6 pkgs from different vendors where the contents had spilled into the packing box and it looked as though the caps had been loosened post production. I began to suspect shipping dept. people were doing this and it was disturbing.

Thanks Matata. Sorry you dealt with something similar.
They promised to send a replacement but so far no notification. I just hope it isn’t back ordered.
It was 900 capusules.

That is awful @missy! Are they going to send you a new package overnight? I never heard of medicine getting packaged in glass bottles either. Mine are all plastic.

They don’t do anything fast. I’m waiting to see what happens. I spoke with them yesterday and while they were apologetic it wasn’t her fault. Rather the pharmacy it was shipped from so we’ll see.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I've been in my current position for a little over a year. I have a coworker that I truly adore, however, she and I are required to stagger our lunches so the phones are covered. In the beginning we agreed on her going from 12-1 and I'd take the 1-2 break. Sometimes that will differ and we discuss beforehand, but for the most part that's been the norm. As of late, I made the mistake of mentioning that I prefer a later lunch because it makes the day go by faster. Well, fast forward a few weeks and she has to take hers later for some reason or another and tells me how I was right and her day did, in fact, go by faster. Now, instead of taking her typical 12-1 break she continues to leave later and later, today being 12:45. This in turn pushes me back to at least 1:45. Keep in mind I'm a breakfast skipper, and while I do prefer going later than most, 2pm is less than ideal and I'm typically pretty hungry by then. I don't want to be that person that has to remind her that I need to wait for her to get back before I can eat but come on. If that's what we agreed to and it's been that way for practically a year, have some common courtesy. I guess I need to come prepared with snacks from here on out.

Signed,
A Hangry PriceScoper

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been in my current position for a little over a year. I have a coworker that I truly adore, however, she and I are required to stagger our lunches so the phones are covered. In the beginning we agreed on her going from 12-1 and I'd take the 1-2 break. Sometimes that will differ and we discuss beforehand, but for the most part that's been the norm. As of late, I made the mistake of mentioning that I prefer a later lunch because it makes the day go by faster. Well, fast forward a few weeks and she has to take hers later for some reason or another and tells me how I was right and her day did, in fact, go by faster. Now, instead of taking her typical 12-1 break she continues to leave later and later, today being 12:45. This in turn pushes me back to at least 1:45. Keep in mind I'm a breakfast skipper, and while I do prefer going later than most, 2pm is less than ideal and I'm typically pretty hungry by then. I don't want to be that person that has to remind her that I need to wait for her to get back before I can eat but come on. If that's what we agreed to and it's been that way for practically a year, have some common courtesy. I guess I need to come prepared with snacks from here on out.

Signed,
A Hangry PriceScoper

I would definitely tell her that you need to eat earlier than 1:45 as you skip breakfast, etc. She should have no problem with that..I am surprised she didn’t ask you if that was okay. She just probably didn’t make the connection that you had to wait for her to finish to cover the phones.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Signed,
A Hangry PriceScoper

Can you tell her that if she doesn't leave for lunch by 12:15, you will?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
At my ripe age I’ve been wearing braces. I was able to leave off the elastics over the holidays. I just came back from the orthodontist. Not only am I back in elastics..I have to wear three on one side and two on the other side... :(

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I would definitely tell her that you need to eat earlier than 1:45 as you skip breakfast, etc. She should have no problem with that..I am surprised she didn’t ask you if that was okay. She just probably didn’t make the connection that you had to wait for her to finish to cover the phones.

That's the thing, she absolutely makes the connection and then says things like "I don't see how you wait so long in the afternoon to eat lunch. I'd be famished!" So it's even more maddening.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results