shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may yell at someone. I know people are tired and stressed and hurting as we go through this, but that doesn't mean you quit offering options of food he might be able to eat! If I suggest a few things that may go down easy for him, I don't need to be told people who are dying start to not eat! I mean, yes... True. But he wants to eat and is having difficulty chewing. The only thing in the house for him is canned tomato soup. Seriously?!?! I suggested a few easy options to keep on hand in case any sound good to him and got told that this is just part of dying and we can't force him. Grrrrrrr........

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Just discovered this thread. I’m the type to keep things in in real life so this feels therapeutic to write! I’ve had a terrible week of first world problems. I have so many things to be thankful for but I just feel kind of depressed and down. I’ve been so stressed about planning and hosting my sons 1st birthday bash. I had to cook and clean for 30 people while taking care of my needy children without any bit of help from my husband. Then in the middle of my stress I finally received a stone that I had been anticipating for about three months. It ended up being much more included then I ever could have anticipated. I ended up offending the vendor and now I feel terrible and my project that I’ve been looking forward to for about 6 months is dead and I’m so disappointed. My husband and I also found our dream home this week. A bit of a fixer-upper but I was thrilled with the project and the potential was there. It was a beautiful Spanish style home with killer bones on 5 1/2 acres. We were unable to find fire insurance for the home other than the extremely expensive and unregulated state funded program. We ended up getting in a bit of an argument over it and missed out on the home. I’m devastated. Ugh it feels nice to vent.

Edit to add that the baby is refusing to nap and cutting three teeth. Gosh I sound like such a Debbie downer and it feels nice haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just discovered this thread. I’m the type to keep things in in real life so this feels therapeutic to write! I’ve had a terrible week of first world problems. I have so many things to be thankful for but I just feel kind of depressed and down. I’ve been so stressed about planning and hosting my sons 1st birthday bash. I had to cook and clean for 30 people while taking care of my needy children without any bit of help from my husband. Then in the middle of my stress I finally received a stone that I had been anticipating for about three months. It ended up being much more included then I ever could have anticipated. I ended up offending the vendor and now I feel terrible and my project that I’ve been looking forward to for about 6 months is dead and I’m so disappointed. My husband and I also found our dream home this week. A bit of a fixer-upper but I was thrilled with the project and the potential was there. It was a beautiful Spanish style home with killer bones on 5 1/2 acres. We were unable to find fire insurance for the home other than the extremely expensive and unregulated state funded program. We ended up getting in a bit of an argument over it and missed out on the home. I’m devastated. Ugh it feels nice to vent.

Edit to add that the baby is refusing to nap and cutting three teeth. Gosh I sound like such a Debbie downer and it feels nice haha

I’m sorry you lost the house. It sounds like it’s been a rough time for you lately. You don’t sound like a Debbie Downer at all. Boy do I remember the days when the boys wouldn’t take their naps. My husband wasn’t helpful either when they were little..actually all the time tbh. Can you return the stone? I know there’s another house that you will love even more coming.. Big hugs..

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I’m sorry you lost the house. It sounds like it’s been a rough time for you lately. You don’t sound like a Debbie Downer at all. Boy do I remember the days when the boys wouldn’t take their naps. My husband wasn’t helpful either when they were little..actually all the time tbh. Can you return the stone? I know there’s another house that you will love even more coming.. Big hugs..

Thank you. The stone is on its way back to the vendor. I’m hoping I will get a suitable replacement sooner rather than later. Thanks for the hugs and kind words. Things will be fine of course but just feeling overwhelmed and sad this week.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard days keep getting harder. Grandma's CT scan didn't show any issues with her bladder or kidneys (yay!) but did show nodules in her lungs. Only caught a part of lungs as area in question was lower. Caught those by accident. Waiting to see what the Dr wants to do going forward. Of course Dr in question is the awful POS that did this to my grandfather... At least my mom and aunt are not going to accept "just wait and see" as an answer this time. Hopefully.
Yes, she has been having some difficulty breathing and has started a bit of a wheeze....

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took my new car to have windows tinted. I picked it up as they were closing. I get home and they have cracked one of my inner door panels, they left black marks all over my light grey headliner, left wet dirty rag in back seat and after removing window sticker they tinted over glue left from sticker and several spots on windows look horrible. I am beyond upset. We have taken 4 cars there over the years and everything has been fine before. I have read that other people had issues here and there with the owners wife (tint installer) and she has gone off on them. I am letting my husband handle it tomorrow as my mouth would get me in trouble if she were to give me any lip. I am beyond upset I have had the car 7 days!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard days keep getting harder. Grandma's CT scan didn't show any issues with her bladder or kidneys (yay!) but did show nodules in her lungs. Only caught a part of lungs as area in question was lower. Caught those by accident. Waiting to see what the Dr wants to do going forward. Of course Dr in question is the awful POS that did this to my grandfather... At least my mom and aunt are not going to accept "just wait and see" as an answer this time. Hopefully.
Yes, she has been having some difficulty breathing and has started a bit of a wheeze....

The Dr said either scan again now or wait three months. Up to Grandma. Grandma said get it done NOW. (Yay!)

So the continued grumpy.... Turns out she has been complaining to this Dr for at least a couple of YEARS that she feels difficulty in breathing. With her history of cancer, that should never have been blown off!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The aircon broke at work today
it got to 35C
Our owner isnt going to replace it.
Our other two shops dont have one
Ours just came work the building 20 years ago
we knew it was ancient and if it got sick it was too old to be fixed again
I have to get a new job now
ive suffered horribly all summer it the heat

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to the eye doc to pick up my new glasses.
Naturally, they got my prescription wrong.
I told them again and again that I wanted prescription readers. I even called back to confirm that I was ordering prescription readers, because I had a gut feeling that the optician didn't understand what I wanted.

But NO......they ordered regular lenses!
I just can't trust anyone anymore. People are supposed to be professional.
Now I have to wait two more weeks, while they correct the problem.
I'm so disgusted.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I found out my oldest (who has always been an exemplary student) just decided to not do any assignments for two classes this last semester; his reasoning when I asked was that he's already been accepted the an Honors program, gotten his scholarship money and knows he'll get a 5 on his AP exams...so why bother? Technically he doesn't need any of the credits this year to graduate. Oh, and he has a job, a car and a girl now, sooooo.
This makes me angry on an origami level of principles and I thought I was going to pop a vessel. Can you guess how he'll be spending much of his April vacation? :nono:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
In more air con news
its cold this morning and we can't remenber how to switch the heat pump from cold to hot
It came with the house and no instruction booklet
Ive fiddled with the mode bottom and got a sun symbol but its just blowing cold air

It was a very very long hot summer when we moved in just like the one just ending
we didn't even know till the following year it had an air con mode

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like I am losing my family. My father's side pretty much got cut out of my life in 2004. I have very little text contact with two of them but nothing more. On my mother's side, two cousins are into drugs and stuff like that so blocked from my life entirely. That leaves my mom's parents, her & her husband, an aunt & two kids (17 & 19), and my brother. My aunt and older cousin are DONE. So done. I don't need their drama, manipulation, and upset in my life. My grandfather is hanging on, but near the end. My grandmother has multiple nodules (5-8cm) in both of her lungs (breast cancer survivor) and is severe Parkinson's. My brother barely talks, but we try. He is just quiet. Then my mom and her husband continue to talk about moving out of the state. Her husband is.... Difficult. Several diagnosed mental health issues. I can't imagine going to visit as his moods are unpredictable.

The good news is my husband and mom's husband managed to get my grandfather's classic car to drive (despite my cousin). He got the ride he was sure he would never get. His only thing he regretted he would never get to do. We paid for all of the parts that went into this thing for the last year. (Around $10,000). DH spent weeks working in the cold and rain for hours on end. After all that, my cousin who intentionally broke things and tried to stand in the way of it working is given all the credit for it by my grandmother. He was the main mechanic. He did almost all of the work while DH just stood around and messed stuff up. He found the issues and how to fix. Yeah.... He broke hundreds of dollars in parts and delayed the drive by critical weeks. Others came behind him and fixed the stuff he messed up. But, believe whatever you want! At least Grandpa got his drive.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was distracted by a frustrating issue. I was brushing my teeth when I noticed it tasted terrible. I was brushing my teeth with Desitin! I hope I don’t die! Do you know how hard it is to get Desitin out of your mouth!? It holds up to diaper rash so it repels water! I scrubbed the heck out of my mouth but I can still taste it. Maybe I found the solution to losing weight. The taste in my mouth is horrible.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was distracted by a frustrating issue. I was brushing my teeth when I noticed it tasted terrible. I was brushing my teeth with Desitin! I hope I don’t die! Do you know how hard it is to get Desitin out of your mouth!? It holds up to diaper rash so it repels water! I scrubbed the heck out of my mouth but I can still taste it. Maybe I found the solution to losing weight. The taste in my mouth is horrible.

Yikes! That must've been awful!!!!
OMG,I hope you're ok!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Brush with baking soda or vinegar, followed by toothpaste? Must be very yucky--you could use bar soap but then again you didn't use swears.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes! That must've been awful!!!!
OMG,I hope you're ok!
Thanks..I still taste it but can’t see it. I scrubbed the insid of my mouth and teeth..but I know a lot soaked in..:roll:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brush with baking soda or vinegar, followed by toothpaste? Must be very yucky--you could use bar soap but then again you didn't use swears.

I brushed my mouth with toothpaste until it was raw. I couldn’t get the Desitin that soaked in…I’m afraid to look up if I could die from it. Haha

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I brushed my mouth with toothpaste until it was raw. I couldn’t get the Desitin that soaked in…I’m afraid to look up if I could die from it. Haha

That product is a barrier--protect surfaces from stuff soaking in. Zinc oxide is helpful in situations but notorious to wash off. It is just doing its job, mistakenly, and unfortunately, on your delicate mucous membranes. Would a martini help? It isn't isopropyl alcohol (which of course would work but not safe) but ethanol alcohol might be a more delicious and safer substitute. Rinse with gin! LOL

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
That product is a barrier--protect surfaces from stuff soaking in. Zinc oxide is helpful in situations but notorious to wash off. It is just doing its job, mistakenly, and unfortunately, on your delicate mucous membranes. Would a martini help? It isn't isopropyl alcohol (which of course would work but not safe) but ethanol alcohol might be a more delicious and safer substitute. Rinse with gin! LOL

Gin! Hurrah!

I love it when the solution is a pleasure!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Haha! I would love a Gin and Tonic! Unfortunately I only have my DIL’s Chardonnay here..:wink2:

baublelove

Rough_Rock
We will be 1 yr in our current home this June 15th, in a home and n’hood that we absolutely love. I thought that we had some time before having to relocate again. We will be house hunting for our about to be 7th home in another state.

We’ve lived this life for the 28 and a half years of our marriage and you’d think I’d be used to it. I am/we are pros at it but this is so soon after the last move that I’m feeling stressed about it. There’s more detail but I’m too exhausted today to put it to paper.

Don’t get me wrong, our is a good life and our lifestyle choices have made it so, but I guess today I’m “eating the elephant.” I need to take things one at a time.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! Have the gin and tonic @MamaBee! I’d eat a whole box of chocolate after that. Seriously how do you get Desitin out of your mouth? It’s a pain in the neck to get off our hands.
I’m picturing your beautiful glow in the dark bright white smile with all the Desitin stuck on your teeth.

The rinse with gin comment had me laughing @canuk-gal.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG! Have the gin and tonic @MamaBee! I’d eat a whole box of chocolate after that. Seriously how do you get Desitin out of your mouth? It’s a pain in the neck to get off our hands.
I’m picturing your beautiful glow in the dark bright white smile with all the Desitin stuck on your teeth.

The rinse with gin comment had me laughing @canuk-gal.

Fortunately because my teeth were wet it pretty much just slid around in there. I was able to brush and Waterpik most of it out..:lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband went to a dinner last Monday evening given by his former colleagues for his retirement. There were more than twenty people attending. Of course no masks, people laughing, etc. I told him it was a super spreader event. He only told me the number of people going this last Sunday right before we were leaving our house in Maryland…We were supposed to go home together this past Sunday so he could make the dinner on Monday evening.We drove our own cars here. When I found out how many people were attending I told him I was staying here at our house in Maryland with my son. He went home to Pa by himself. I only packed one pair of pjs and two sets of clothes each for myself and son. We only came for two nights.. I keep washing our clothes every day because we don’t have enough to get through ten days. It’s been a week since we came here...He went home on Sunday..I miss him but I miss my jewelry more! :lol-2: I usually change off every couple of days..I left all my jewelry there except for what I wore here. I’m going through withdrawal. The first thing I’ll do when I get home next Wednesday is to knock over my husband to get to my jewelry pouch and change my jewelry!:lol:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I find it really annoying when a person looks through my entire IG account (or FB) which contains my artwork and then makes a single comment on a random part of an image that has nothing to do with the artwork. For example, "oh that's a nice wall color" when my painting is hanging on the wall of a gallery with a big blue Best of Show ribbon on it. (And yes, for my career, I do have to post images of accomplishments in my field.) Its invariably been older men who think their work is better than mine and want me to know it. Its so passive aggressive. It has the vibe of patting a little girl on the head and telling her to run along. And the funny thing is, I've never had a legitimately good artist do that to me, only the wannabes. The artists whose work I admire, and who are doing well in their careers, always make uplifting and positive comments, or give constructive criticism when asked for.

Today I get an a-h*le commenting "lovely donkey" on one of my photos on IG. The donkey isn't a painting, its a random donkey in the background of a photo of me. He must have looked through 20+ photos of my paintings, and 5 photos of me, before he found it and made the comment.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find it really annoying when a person looks through my entire IG account (or FB) which contains my artwork and then makes a single comment on a random part of an image that has nothing to do with the artwork. For example, "oh that's a nice wall color" when my painting is hanging on the wall of a gallery with a big blue Best of Show ribbon on it. (And yes, for my career, I do have to post images of accomplishments in my field.) Its invariably been older men who think their work is better than mine and want me to know it. Its so passive aggressive. It has the vibe of patting a little girl on the head and telling her to run along. And the funny thing is, I've never had a legitimately good artist do that to me, only the wannabes. The artists whose work I admire, and who are doing well in their careers, always make uplifting and positive comments, or give constructive criticism when asked for.

Today I get an a-h*le commenting "lovely donkey" on one of my photos on IG. The donkey isn't a painting, its a random donkey in the background of a photo of me. He must have looked through 20+ photos of my paintings, and 5 photos of me, before he found it and made the comment.

A$$holes gonna a$$hole.
I'm sorry RWS.
Guess he saw himself reflected in that donkey - an unimportant background artefact that noone else registers. Because everyone else is looking at the woman who won that Best of Show ribbon.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results