shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
A small business owner did a job for me and now I've been asking for a month to get my house key back. They alternate between not answering me, making excuses and saying they'll drop the key off but not doing it. I guess we'll just go knock on their door at their home tonight. So annoying.

ETA: Just heard a light tap at the door, then found my key newly placed under the doormat. :)

ETA2: He just texted to let me know it was there. Guess he knew he was in hot water with me and preferred the no-contact approach. :lol:

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After hours and hours both on the phone and chat, the CC company has yet again closed our dispute. Some quick background, we cancelled a flight last October, We'd booked the flight on Avios, which was refunded immediately upon cancellation. The money (for the taxes) was supposed to be refunded in the next couple of weeks.

We started a dispute to get our money back, provided all the relevant documents, (at least 5 times) and the airline said we didn't cancel. Fast forward to now, and we have emails from the airline saying they owe us the money.

What's the problem? Who knows, surely the airline admitting they owe us the money should be proof enough? Apparently not. The CC company want an email from the airline as proof that we cancelled. The airline has rarely, if ever, sent us an email when we've cancelled or rearranged flights, the ONLY relevant document now should be the emails saying they owe us the money.

We're living in the twilight zone!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course we make the last payment on my daughter's car and it stops running. Had to get a tow truck at 9pm last night to get it from the store to the Honda dealer, 750$ for a new starter, Ugh.
She is at dentist now and we believe has 2 absessed teeth and a cracked filling...............

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am personally responsible for reducing drought conditions in southern Oregon. Installation of new roof started yesterday. It started raining today and is predicted to rain through next week. The install is postponed until the weather improves. I can make it rain, I expect thank-you cards from my neighbors for the greening of their lawns.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I am personally responsible for reducing drought conditions in southern Oregon. Installation of new roof started yesterday. It started raining today and is predicted to rain through next week. The install is postponed until the weather improves. I can make it rain, I expect thank-you cards from my neighbors for the greening of their lawns.

I get it! Whenever my husband and I water the lawn or fill the pool we cal it doing a "rain dance" because it always makes it rain.

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
I have not been on PS lately. Things have just been blah.

• Discovered chips on my pink sapphire ring (the one I was so excited to share) which my jeweller would not admit to. Obviously they happened during setting, the chips were right above the prongs, since I hadn't worn them outside of taking photos when I received them. Couldn't find any lapidary here that could repair it, even then because they were so deep it would've taken a monumental effort to recut the whole gem. I ended up ordering a replacement sapphire—still waiting for it to arrive. So much money sunk into this ring already, I hope this is the final iteration.

My country elected the son of a dictator as president. I am scared and disheartened. I spent weeks campaigning for his opposition. She would have been the greatest president we could've had. The president we deserve. For once, I just wanted to be proud of my country... this depression hit hardest of all.

Rainy season's coming too, so no more pool time... sigh

danusia

Rough_Rock
Had a partial power outage on Tuesday. Realized something was wrong when I put the milk back in the fridge and lights were dim. Called DH who was away on a business trip. Thought it was the $2000 (overpriced) fridge failing. Then I noticed the stove and microwave clock dimming. Some things in the house worked; others did not. Ready to call the electric company when I received a text from them indicating they noted a partial outage on my end. I never heard of a "partial outage" before. Whole house generator did not kick on. After talking to DH he did not understand why it did not kick on either. He researched it on his end and told me that it will only kick on when all power is out and that I will have to figure out how to run it manually.

Fast forward, numerous texts to electric provider and finally phone calls as their last assessment 4 hrs later said we were fine and we were not. Finally, they escalated my call to get a crew out here to access. In the meantime, I learned how to run a whole house generator manually from reading the manual without anyone's help. Crew finally arrived 9 hrs after this all started and they found a short in one of the buried wires. Amazing! We were the only house affected by this.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Had a partial power outage on Tuesday. Realized something was wrong when I put the milk back in the fridge and lights were dim. Called DH who was away on a business trip. Thought it was the $2000 (overpriced) fridge failing. Then I noticed the stove and microwave clock dimming. Some things in the house worked; others did not. Ready to call the electric company when I received a text from them indicating they noted a partial outage on my end. I never heard of a "partial outage" before. Whole house generator did not kick on. After talking to DH he did not understand why it did not kick on either. He researched it on his end and told me that it will only kick on when all power is out and that I will have to figure out how to run it manually.

Fast forward, numerous texts to electric provider and finally phone calls as their last assessment 4 hrs later said we were fine and we were not. Finally, they escalated my call to get a crew out here to access. In the meantime, I learned how to run a whole house generator manually from reading the manual without anyone's help. Crew finally arrived 9 hrs after this all started and they found a short in one of the buried wires. Amazing! We were the only house affected by this.

Good for you for learning the skill! I can commiserate as an owner of a (in my case) very old house!

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock

Brown outs are the worst. They will ruin the motors in your appliances if you don't have low voltage protectors on each one. If your dishwasher or fridge start whining, you may want to check them sooner rather than later. Good luck.

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
$87.00 to fill my gas tank. Two years ago it was $35.00 The cost of gas has taken over my humble jewelry fund. gggrrrr. Will have to wait for the new ACA cluster earrings and pendant. Ding Dong It!!

Sava_Cin

Rough_Rock
I am still looking for full time work but haven’t found anything just keep going to interviews to end up on a list meanwhile bills are going up especially the electricity and husbands hours were cut this week but ya not a huge deal but it feels good to get it out oh and I am also becoming depressed which is leading to want to shop but I guess life goes on and I just need to have some patience.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$87.00 to fill my gas tank. Two years ago it was $35.00 The cost of gas has taken over my humble jewelry fund. gggrrrr. Will have to wait for the new ACA cluster earrings and pendant. Ding Dong It!!

:???:;(:angryfire:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I pulled a muscle in my hip. I did it whilst saving a school bus full of pregnant nuns from an onrushing avalanche. Or maybe it was just by rolling over in bed.

One of those two scenario options above is true. You get to decide which one.

:lol:

But... YOWCH.

Oh... and... WTF.

Sava_Cin

Rough_Rock
Ouch sounds painful I hope you feel better soon.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
B*gger me :angryfire:
I can't find an email saying its coming but when i track my package i get this
So is it just riding around Wanganui on a 10c tour ?
Screenshot_20220526-182447.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m having the same problem @Daisys and Diamonds. I ordered puma sneakers that were supposed to be here tomorrow. I leave for my trip on Saturday morning very early. I don’t see any movement in the tracking. I was hoping to have them for my trip. If they don’t come by Friday I have to get my neighbor to hold them for me. I hate when they promise a delivery date and the tracking shows they’re not moving. I hope you get your beads soon!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m having the same problem @Daisys and Diamonds. I ordered puma sneakers that were supposed to be here tomorrow. I leave for my trip on Saturday morning very early. I don’t see any movement in the tracking. I was hoping to have them for my trip. If they don’t come by Friday I have to get my neighbor to hold them for me. I hate when they promise a delivery date and the tracking shows they’re not moving. I hope you get your beads soon!

Fingers crossed for Friday for you
when we lived in Wellington we lived in the northern most suburb
Im sure our parcels were delivered on the way home by one particular courier (which is fine because they arrived - just as we were getting home from work)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Dishwasher doesn't work and I could use a new washer and dryer. Now my Dyson just gave up. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: At least the 10 newly planted spruce trees look great. For now.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
My hours got cut, in spite of being tapped to lead my department. I don't carry debt, but now all planned expenditure is cancelled for this year.

Then the a/c failed and the estimate is $14,000 to replace it. (hahahahhahaaha what a joke!) This isn't my house, so I'm not paying.

Window units x 2 arrived today. I'll take them with me wherever I go next. It's going to be a hot summer, too. So they'll run full-time. My cat Kira is afraid of the noise but I can't allow her to become overheated. Her brother Max doesn't seem to mind the noise at all. Funny, that. They are safe; that is all that matters. I don't even want to think of the electric bill next month.

Of course, my planned move to New England is hampered by the timing of the real estate market, which is *b@t-sh1t* crazy right now. So I'm stuck in the sweltering sticky southeast for a while yet. Ugh. "Not ideal" is an understatement.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hours got cut, in spite of being tapped to lead my department. I don't carry debt, but now all planned expenditure is cancelled for this year.

Then the a/c failed and the estimate is $14,000 to replace it. (hahahahhahaaha what a joke!) This isn't my house, so I'm not paying.

are you renting now? and was the agreement that what you rented would have AC? If so, it seems the $14k would be the landlords issue and not yours.

Of course, my planned move to New England is hampered by the timing of the real estate market, which is *b@t-sh1t* crazy right now. So I'm stuck in the sweltering sticky southeast for a while yet. Ugh. "Not ideal" is an understatement.

And if you ever make it to New England, please let us NE ladies know. We could do another NE GTG.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so mad at myself. I wore a different ring on my engagement ring finger when it was very hot outside. My finger swelled so I twisted and pulled it off. Not only do I make the swelling worse….but I damaged something because it really hurts. I can’t totally straighten my finger. Normally my left hand engagement ring finger size is 6.25. I have a little bit of trouble getting it on but when it’s on it‘s always a little lose where I wear it unless I’m stacking it. I should have left it alone until my finger swelling went down the first time. I have my diamond ring reset coming from David in a week..and I know I won’t be able to get it on! I’m wearing my grandma’s size 9 band on that finger now. I wanted to see how bad the swelling was. My new ring will be. 6.75 so it will be easier to stack. At this point I don’t think my finger will go down enough to get back the size it was before. I hope I didn’t permanently damage my finger.

Last edited:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Guess I'm posting here for a spell. As lots of us have heard there is a formula shortage going on. And I absolutely understand how terrifying that would be for moms right now because we had to use formula in our house. I have no idea what I would do in their place.

But it's not just the formula moms having issues. My kid has sensory stuff and thus half of her calories are from the vanilla fiber pediasure shakes. They have been out of stock for us for a month now. We were lucky enough to find some of the regular vanilla, which she drinks but they cause her bad GI issues. She's lactose intolerant like my husband and I are so she gets badly constipated just from one of those a day. I tried switching brands to others that are vanilla with fiber but she won't even touch them because I guess they don't taste the same. I bought some fiber powder thinking I might try putting a spoonful in her shake but it says it's for 12 and up. She's only 4. So now I don't feel comfortable doing that either. I just need these companies to get their s*t together and get manufacturing again so my child doesn't have to suffer so much.

I'm stressed out for myself because we found multiple nodules on my thyroid. So far they aren't large enough to say yes we should biopsy. But I wouldn't entirely be surprised if they did. My mother had to have surgery on hers because of issues. So far now I am just spending 400 a pop every 6 months for ultrasounds. Which we can't really afford btw. We had to evict mice from our attic this year for 6k and we are still trying to pay that down and this isn't helping at all. Feels like every time we make some progress something else pops up to be like Lulz. You thought you were going to pay the CC back down and be able to be back to normal people usage this year? Nooooope.

And remember the kid with sensory issues? She goes to speech and occupational therapy every week. The speech office are angels and take our health insurance plus our CHAMPVA. So it's essentially free. We just have to endure the screaming fits during bathtime afterwards.

But the occupational not so much. They refuse to take CHAMPVA so it's 50 or 60 a pop every week. And this kid refuses to potty train so she already costs 400ish a month just passively existing between diapers and wipes and shakes. And we get bulk non brand name items other than the pediasure so it's not like we are being snobs and refusing to use non brand names either.

And on top of that. TW: Pet death for a few paragraphs. No graphic descriptions of course but just in case.Since I know some don't want to hear about it at all.

I've lost 4 pets over the last few years. 2 a couple of years back. I had to leave them behind when I got married because we thought it would be better for my babies to stay where they were accustomed to living and not get dragged around moving since my husband was DoD. One barely made it a year after I left. He was a little older, 14. But my baby. A second passed not long after. He was her favourite so it was less of a surprise that she didnt want to be without him. I don't think she was more than 10.

My boy my husband and I adopted a couple of years ago passed from heart issues that nobody caught bc of COVID keeping people and pets home who weren't emergency cases a year or less ago. He was 4. And now I find out another of the original 4 cats has gone. Cancer this time. There's only one of my babies left there. And it makes me so sad because I was never even able to come see them. I'm afraid I won't be able to come home and see the last one either. I'm hoping she makes it long enough for me to see her. They had adopted a stray kitten they found and she had seemed to take well to her. So I'm hoping that helps her be less depressed over it. But I dunno. I'm really sad over it.

Pet discussions done.

So yeah im just so tired and stressed out :( I realise I absolutely need to be going to therapy but I had to stop going even before COVID. With the wait lists I don't think I could be seen any time soon even if we could afford for me to go. So I'm just hiding in other peoples jewellery trying to distract myself these days.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results