shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege sapphire ring

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Curious as to why you think it looks worse @emmy12 ?

I think it looks "better" with the additional pave and the better-defined milgrain on the french cuts.

I agree that the millgrain is nice, but in my eye it now looks like the pave was an after-thought (or maybe its confirmation bias because I know it was added later ). With his other pieces it will be all french cuts and it would just keep going down the side of the shank.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think it looks cheap and poorly thought out. Like others have said why does it need pave?
I think it shows poor design skill.
With that said he probably changes it just enough that it looks like an “original design “

Gilding the lily though

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer it with the pave because I hate the look of the "shoulders" that it has without it. It really could have used engraving IMO but
I guess that's not Leon's look. The original ring picture that she gave him had pave after the french cuts. Of course, it looked very
different because the side stones were sapphires (and actually tapered).

I think the real killer for this ring was the lack of tapered sides as @lonysis stated above. It was all downhill from there but if I was
given the choice of with pave or without...I personally would do the pave.

Edit... @Niel Does it need the pave? Well, it needed something IMO. The whole ring shows a lack of design skills! I guess I'm beating
a dead horse though :)

shoulders.png

Original inspiration ring
original ring.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really hope mamadelmar doesn’t see this thread resurrected from the dead. I hope that she’s been able to move on - far onward! - from this, and that she now has a bling collection filled with pieces that bring her happiness and happy memories.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results