shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege now offering his own line of moissanite

_dracarys_

Shiny_Rock
I saw it on a sponsored IG ad, then confirmed on his website. This is surprising to me, but I'm glad to see some bigger names in the industry adapting to the changing times.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is news! Will be interesting to see what he offers :)

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Really? That's a huge surprise o_O I'm also interested to see what he offers.

_dracarys_

Shiny_Rock
I saw that a few weeks ago. He claims his moisssnite was crafted in a "secret" exclusive factory in china.... save your money and chat up tianyu or stargems!

Ha! I already have a gorgeous OEC from Tianyu; this just surprised me and I didn’t see anything about it here.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It makes sense to me that jewelers who focus on crafting beautiful settings would be open to a wider variety of stones to put in them. Guessing the margins are better on moissy too.

Probably is Tianyu or Stargems but it could be he has it cut to his specifications.

Wearing my Tianyu today, speak of the sparkly devil

15760082223136364180281702442907.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha! I already have a gorgeous OEC from Tianyu; this just surprised me and I didn’t see anything about it here.

I also have a gorgeous OEC from Tianyu..I wonder if he’s getting them from Tianyu!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
This is very surprising. I really hate the name they chose.

I am written before about some of the content on his pages...

I like the line that says ‘please keep it clean and try not to smash it against a hard surface’. I guess as women, we can’t control ourselves!

Last edited:

greenteabiscuit

Rough_Rock
Am I wrong to be reminded of something negative by the name of his moissanite line? I can’t help but think about it because of all the snarky comments he/his marketing team made in the past regarding manmade gemstones.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say, I'm somewhat confused by claims made in the below page:

"Cold Fusion™ halo engagement ring, featuring True Antique™ cushion Blonde™ Moissanite by Leon Mege." "As always, we guarantee the lowest price for any stone."

How can you offer the lowest price for a trademarked item that can only be purchased from you?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I have to say, I'm somewhat confused by claims made in the below page:

"Cold Fusion™ halo engagement ring, featuring True Antique™ cushion Blonde™ Moissanite by Leon Mege." "As always, we guarantee the lowest price for any stone."

How can you offer the lowest price for a trademarked item that can only be purchased from you?

What a clever way to increase the price of his settings through marketing...I wonder how successful he was/is with it at 7k for a moissanite/diamond mounting ring.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
What a clever way to increase the price of his settings through marketing...I wonder how successful he was/is with it at 7k for a moissanite/diamond mounting ring.

I find this jeweller a little odd. He makes some beatufitul pieces and is clearly very talented, but rather than being the difficult-but-brilliant-artist type, it's as though his focus is just on making as much money as possible. It rather devalues his work.

I'd much rather see someone charge very high price for a beatifully made setting rather than seemingly push a bundle deal. Clearly there are enough people who like his work. But I guess there's only so much you can charge for settings and the margins must be much higher on stones.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I just popped over out of curiosity to see what he was offering and this is an actual line from the description for "Antique Drops with Imaginary Diamonds" - I thought the title was odd and then this
"The Chinese facility uses very little child labor and safely vents the toxic greenhouse emissions away from major metropolitan areas." I actually laughed - this has to be a joke. I guess they are being sarcastic but I don't see the point. If you don't like a material that is becoming increasingly popular then don't offer it - it's simple. But the classist attitude is off-putting because it just seems unnecessarily mean spirited. If I was looking into one of his pieces it would make me look elsewhere.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, it is quite funny, but I see what you mean about the classist attitude, a bit bitchy.

On this page, under Mossanite it says,

"Each moissanite vendor claims superior cut and clarity. This is a superficial claim due to the low cost of the rough material. Producing an excellent cut is easy when preserving the weight is not an object.

Leon Mege Blonde moissanite is superior to any other moissanite brands because our cutters have an overwhelmingly better experience and knowledge."

So only Leon Mege can offer superior cut, and Leon Mege can offer you the lowest price for stones you exclusively buy from him. How convenient. :lol:

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Yeah wow. From the FAQs on his website:

"for people with means, an artificial diamond is an exercise of poor judgment and poor taste."

"no woman ever had enough will power to turn down Leon Mege ring no matter how much the suitor repulses her. We are so confident that your proposal will not be rejected. We promise to provide a replacement mail order bride from Kazakhstan. Not only she will adore you for what you are, but also appreciate refined taste in jewelry and the green card"

I can't say I would ever want to deal with this company...

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Yeah wow. From the FAQs on his website:

"for people with means, an artificial diamond is an exercise of poor judgment and poor taste."

"no woman ever had enough will power to turn down Leon Mege ring no matter how much the suitor repulses her. We are so confident that your proposal will not be rejected. We promise to provide a replacement mail order bride from Kazakhstan. Not only she will adore you for what you are, but also appreciate refined taste in jewelry and the green card"

I can't say I would ever want to deal with this company...

This is offensive. All of it but particularly the mail order bride from Kazakhstan part. What a maroon.

Everything I read about Leon Mege just puts me off more and more. He’s not funny and he’s not special. The mail order bride comment was something else altogether. Way to show us how you really feel about women and your stance on human trafficking, Leon. I don’t mind a joke, I have a pretty good sense of humor most of the time but this is appalling. There are many, many more artisans the world over who are creating pieces of similar or better quality at similar or better prices without the heaping dose of entitlement. I wouldn’t want a single penny of mine supporting that kind of attitude. At this point, if my SO were to propose with a Leon ring I’d have to turn him down just on principle for supporting such a pompous blowhard :roll2:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I have written about this before. I think he is trying to be funny but a lot of it comes off as classist and offensive. I would never want to deal with someone like him. He moved here when he was young so he must understand what he is saying. Not every person has $20K to drop on a diamond. If that was the case, the whole ‘look for less’ would never exist and the idea that fashion should change from season to season. It would be so expensive that people wouldn’t bother.

I have written about this before. I think he is trying to be funny but a lot of it comes off as classist and offensive. I would never want to deal with someone like him. He moved here when he was young so he must understand what he is saying. Not every person has $20K to drop on a diamond. If that was the case, the whole ‘look for less’ would never exist and the idea that fashion should change from season to season. It would be so expensive that people wouldn’t bother.

+1, 100%. I’m not faulting or shaming people who buy from him - it’s their personal choice after all, and they might’ve had perfectly pleasant experiences with him (I’m sure he isn’t wildly unpleasant with every person dropping $$$ on him, though he has been with some unlucky customers if reviews are to be believed). But I’ll add on and say that even if he doesn’t care about “the plebs” and what they think of him, his attitude shouldn’t change just because of how much money you have to spend, and if it does, it says a lot about him and none of those things are good. There are many, many people who can and will spend $20k who don’t want to support that kind of behaviour. I’m sure Leon doesn’t care about people who don’t want to take his attitude, but he should. It’s just good business sense. If you want to be wildly unpleasant maybe just... don’t, but definitely don’t if you’re in a consumer-facing role and rely on your customers to help you stand out from the pack.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock

Frankly, I would think from my dealings with Leon that he thinks a $20k ring is beneath him.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results