shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege "make an offer" policy

gettingcloser

Rough_Rock
I've searched around and not found too much on this subject. Is anyone familiar with Leon's "make an offer" policy? Any experience with it? I understand it's an all-sales-final policy, but am wondering what kind of offers are reasonable, what kind of price reductions he considers, etc. His prices seem high to begin with but his designs are gorgeous.

This ring, for example, seems high price-wise: https://leonmege.com/index.php/portfolio/shop-now/engagement-rings/emerald-cut-diamond-five-stone-ring-detail

Thanks in advance.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've seen offers as low as 30% off accepted.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder how much stones are in the setting? I imagine the setting cost more than the center stone but I went and look at
1.24ish E/VS2 stones and they were about $8k (JA) which leaves about $5.5 for the setting. Of course Leon didnt pay $8k for
the stone.

gettingcloser

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. I'd be a little leary about not being able to see the stone/ring (I'm out of town), but given the quality of the diamond and the GIA report, I'm sure it's stunning. Plus, it seems from what I've read here that it's safe to trust Leon's eye and artistry.

poogios

Rough_Rock
So a $9500 offer on that ring should be fair?

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gettingcloser-

Here's my two cents, being a recent LM customer. I did not do "me make an offer" bc I was afraid of the no returns policy. I called Leon and we discussed a price on the phone - which Leon said was his best offer, came with no refund but the ring qualified for store credit if I didn't like it (and I looooove my ring). If you go this route though, his stipulation was once he extends you a verbal discount, you must accept it within 24(I think?) hrs or the ring goes back to full price and he will not offer you a discount again on it. So only negotiate when you're ready and prepared. Also discuss payment options up front. I thought it was cc but he wanted a wire so I had to move some things around... And yes I believe if you make an offer online and he accepts, there is no negotiating afterward. He expects the commitment to be honored.

I ended up getting 10% off via the phone convo. I see from the comments earlier that I could've gotten as low as 30% lower if I offered online but the final amount fitting my budget (and Leon as not aware of my budget limit) was good and I was happy knowing I could get store credit. He may charge for resizing too unless you negotiate.

His crew's workmanship is awesome - best claw prongs I've ever seen! I love everything about my ring (antique cushion in a cathedral solitaire) and it's easy to see the high quality in handfordged over machine made.

I did a quick search on BlueNile for center stone price points and the Emerald's stats seem to be on point with pricing of approx $8k. I think his setting of approx $5k is correct too - for "Leon" prices, that is a bargain. The solitaire settings are $3500.

I totally agree that Leon has a good eye for good stones and making a setting that brings out the best in it. If you end up buying it, I think you won't be disappointed in the product.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
poogios|1438978160|3912276 said:
So a $9500 offer on that ring should be fair?
I'd probably do 10k

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
I may be naive, but is 77% table acceptable of an EC? that caught my eye when I looked at the GiA report. The ring itself is beautiful.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The video shows a low crown and large table; this EC probably will not exhibit much fire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results