shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege and WF ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone!

My boyfriend of 10 years proposed yesturday! For a totally not romantic guy, it was the sweetest thing.

First he asked my parents for permission and gave them a little swaorski cat (because he calls me his cat). Apparently, my mom said "Our entire family loves you so much, that we can''t wait for you to be part of it" So sweet.

I was SO not expecting it. I thought he would wait till next weekend. Sunday morning he got up at 7:00 to go to work, and I didn''t see him until 4:00. What I didn''t know was that he had spent all Sunday during the day, and Saturday night (I thought he was at a baseball party) cooking me a Quiche and penaut butter cheesecake from SCRATCH! So he brought me to "our lake" it''s where we spent all the bad/good moments of our lives.

He had organized this very elaborate treasure hunt with multiple question cards and blankets spread all over the park. At each blanket was a little present (the first was a digital camera) and the best part was he had set the camera up and took pictures of the rest of the treasure hunt. The camera sure came in handy when I was taking pics of my ring
31.gif

He cut out about 100 individual paw prints and placed them from blanket to blanket (except they blew away a bit in the wind). But the funniest part was inside the last box, he''d put my ring within another box. So he had this whole elaborate plan that he would get down on one knee and ask me to marry him first, and THEN open the ring box. BUT he had built a box out of wood, and the lid fell off before he asked the question, so he was upset that it didn''t go the way he had planned. So I was laughing so much because it was so cute, and of course I said yes.

But the very best part was after the proposal he gave me this journal he''s been writing in for about a month about all the things he''s been thinking and planning. And that''s when I cried because it was so sweet, and well, I never thought he felt like that.

FUTURE-BROTHER-IN-LAW: As many of you know from another thread he''s a pain in the rear end. When he saw my ring, he said " Well it looks like AT LEAST 0.75" and then asked me details and stats, I told him "Why don''t you look at it and tell me what you think." In any case, he looked at my diamond with a loupe and thought said he thought it was an E and VVS2. I just said, "Wow that''s really great."
20.gif
20.gif
. So it''s a technical lie. But he also (of course) pointed out the fact that the notches on the miligrain were not all exactly even, and that one of the double claw prongs had more space between then then the others."
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
. Whatever, the ring is gorgeous, beyond my wildest expectations. And in my eyes, perfect in every way.

Thanks so much to John, Renee, and Brain from WF for all their help and patience!! AND of course to Leon Mege, who made me my dream setting. I looked at my ring all day, and in almost every single light condition, it finds a way to give off some sparkle
30.gif

Stone:

Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 1.27
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 60.7
Table: 56
Crown Angle: 35
Crown %: 15.3
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion %: 43.2
Girdle: Very Thin-Medium Faceted
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
Measurements: 7.03-7.05X4.27

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sweet story! Now show us photos.

By the way, that guy is a tool.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
congrats! yes pics pics, please.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
wait...where are the pictures????
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh ally, how wonderful. i''m so glad he was able to surprise you and you are happy with the final outcome
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
ALLY!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!! Your now-FIANCE went above and beyond--not romantic you say? au contraire
30.gif
30.gif
What a sweetie-pie!!!!!!! And I can''t WAIT TO SEE THE LEON (translation: upload those pics, lady!!!)

Re: Your sister''s bf.....well for one thing, I don''t think that he''s going to last long enough to be your FBIL...I think he''s just going to be your FPIA (future pain in the....you know)...But seriously, he''s a loser nutcase and doesn''t deserve another thought! He clearly doesn''t understand the value of Hand-craftsmanship by an artist like Leon....those milgrain/prong things he noticed are what give your setting its one of a kind PRICESLESSNESS!!!!!! Something a shallow arse like him couldn''t possbily comprehend!!! "Flaws" are what give character, and he has none....and your ring is FULL of life and character! So LET ME SEE IT!!

No seriously, I have to see it. I''m drooling on the keyboard in anticipation!!

AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!! Can''t wait to see your ring!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Umm it''s been 10 minutes and no pictures?!?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
OH NO. I''m totally sorry. I''m having trouble with the pics. The pics loaded onto my laptop this morning, but for some reason they''re not going from the camera to his home computer now....WHY? Any insight from anyone? I''m computer-dumb, and it''s a new camera. I''ll be back. I have some nice shots. Sorry for the delay ok? I''m working on it right now.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Ally! Congratulations! I think that is the most amazing proposal story I''ve ever heard...well one of the most amazing anyway. I love the scavenger hunt idea. Now hurry up and SHOW ME THE RING!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
*hits forehead against desk*

2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Excuses are like belly buttons...everybody''s got one....

I am drooling, comon now!
25.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
God the pressure
2.gif
. I''m getting stressed just reading the responses. It''s coming. If all else fails I''ve got a solution, but I''m really trying to avoid that scenario.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
AWESOME NEWS!!! Can''t wait for the pix.

This totally cracked me up ...

I told him ''Why don''t you look at it and tell me what you think.'' In any case, he looked at my diamond with a loupe and thought said he thought it was an E and VVS2. I just said, ''Wow that''s really great.'' [

What a perfect way to handle it! I wish I could think that quickly under pressure!

PIX.. PIX ...awaiting PIX!

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
oh allycat....I''m so happy for you
36.gif
can''t wait to see the ring
41.gif

ignore your FBIL, he is just jealous...

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS, ALLY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

What an amazingly sweet proposal! It seems like it meant even more to you because he put so much sentiment and effort into it...LUCKY GIRL!

Fantastic solution for handling that a$$wipe FBIL (I just finished reading your other thread)! How dare he criticize that craftsmanship of Leon Mege!?!? He is simply showing his own lack of class!

Congrats, again......NOW MAKE WITH THE PICTURES!!!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! Congratulations on the ring it sounds beautiful and I can''t wait to see it! PICS PICS PICS!!!!

Your sister''s boyfriend sounds like a complete idiot from your previous thread. It sounds like there are some mental problems there that your sister should be aware of.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK...It''s been an hour! Hurry or I may get DISTRACTED and forget what I was here for!
31.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
completely outside the realm of possibility.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow Alley! That sounds fantastic, what a wonderful proposal, it sounds like he was working on it for quite some time. You have to love a man who is willing to cut out paw prints as a sign of his devotion!
36.gif

I have to admit I am curious about seeing your ring. So I would not mind if you posted one two or thirty pictures!
31.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Pictures, pictures, pictures, pictures!!! Come on, we can't stand it anymore!!

By the way, congratulations on your engagement. And don't let your future BIL get to you...

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh Ally, I had no idea you were going to get your ring so soon, since you were talking of waiting until your 10 year anniversary! We''re almost engagement twins, hehe
9.gif

I can''t WAIT to see your Leon, which is undoubedly phenomenal regardless of your sister''s creep of a bf!

So happy for you! I know you guys have been through so much together... and it sounds like your FIANCE did a wonderful job with the proposal.

Congrats to both of you and may you have a wonderful life together
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations alleycat!!
36.gif

did you get the pic thing figured out, or do you still need some help??? i need to see them!
3.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ok so they are on my computer now. But the thing is, I don''t think they look like my ring. For one thing, the ring looks really ugly and a lot bigger/bulkier then it is. So now I''m trying to figure out collage or should I just post one by one? It might be annoying to look at.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

But we want pics!!!
11.gif
We NEED pics!!!
39.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
one by one, then the collage
9.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ok. No. they are too big. I''m going to PM valeria, see if she can do something for me. There''s six pics I want to show (including my baby) so if she''s online then it should be good.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
if ana is not signed on, send them to me or mrs. salvo
2.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ok. test. Prosposal site

liondany.jpg

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh CONGRATS alleycat! That is soooooo exciting!! I canNOT wait to see pics! I''m dying over here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results