color
clarity

Leon 3 carat pad maybe I made a mistake

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dori2002|1434501043|3890101 said:
last last one

Such a refreshing color, I have to keep coming back to it. It reminds me of spring and summer and pink grapefruit lemonade.

pink-grapefruit-lemonade-225x300_1_.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1435254052|3894186 said:
dori2002|1434501043|3890101 said:
last last one

Such a refreshing color, I have to keep coming back to it. It reminds me of spring and summer and pink grapefruit lemonade.

Now I'm going to be craving grapefruit lemonade all day...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OP--old thread but not forgotten. Do you post here--and do you still have this original ring? As time has passed, should you still own it, how do you feel about it?

cheres--Sharon

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for bringing this back up Sharon! I got to read it.

I feel so bad for the OP, it feels like the positive pile on pressured her to "love" the ring.

As a consumer board maybe some times we should keep our opinions of what *we* feel about the item to ourselves and just stick to giving helpful advice like 'a vendor can or cannot do this'.

I know everyone here meant well but it was a impulse 12k purchase and *everyone* pilling on the "but it's beautiful" must have been so confusing for op.

Yes people mentioned "but it's about what you think".. that's to me is like saying "I'm not being rude but....".

No point to it at all.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for bringing this back up Sharon! I got to read it.

I feel so bad for the OP, it feels like the positive pile on pressured her to "love" the ring.

As a consumer board maybe some times we should keep our opinions of what *we* feel about the item to ourselves and just stick to giving helpful advice like 'a vendor can or cannot do this'.

I know everyone here meant well but it was a impulse 12k purchase and *everyone* pilling on the "but it's beautiful" must have been so confusing for op.

Yes people mentioned "but it's about what you think".. that's to me is like saying "I'm not being rude but....".

No point to it at all.

Somehow I missed this thread back than. @theredspinel you are completely right, but this ring is still beautiful!! On the other hand I also don’t understand, why someone bids on a ring in this price category, if she really is not sure, she wants it. I mean, we are not talking here about a 300 USD Chinese diamonds band from eBay.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
First of all, I would be flipping out if I even paid a tenth of that on a ring and the stone didn’t look like the vendor photo at all and I was unable to return the item. I know this is an old thread, but someone upthread mentioned that this particular vendor doesn’t take extra photos when asked, like outdoors or hand shot I presume. Really?! This was a $12,000 ring!!

My personal opinion is that the ring in hand looks like a pad is supposed to look with pink and orange. The setting is also gorgeous. That would be a dream ring for me. However, if I fell for the vendor pics and got a completely different looking stone, I would be at least, initially disappointed.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks almost identical to Princess Eugenie's e-ring. I bet she could resell it for a profit now ;-) I happen to think it's really pretty, and for $12K, it's a fair price, especially considering how expensive Leon and padaparadchas are. I didn't look to see if there was a lab report, but if this is an authentic padparadcha as deemed by a reputable lab, even if heated (only), and it's 3 carats, and in a Leon design of platinum and diamonds, $12K is actually a steal.

Padparadchas are one of those stones that people either love or dislike (hate is too strong a word). Many are disappointed when they see one in person, or they fall in love. It's not a gem I would advise buying online, you should see it in person first.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thing is it doesn't matter if it's lovely or it was bargain.

The point is a vendor sold a stone that looked nothing like the picture and then had a complete no return policy (which I know is against consumer laws in the UK for example).

Forget the fact it's a gorgeous pad and forget the fact his holiness king Leon did this... the above bare facts are deplorable.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks almost identical to Princess Eugenie's e-ring. I bet she could resell it for a profit now ;-) I happen to think it's really pretty, and for $12K, it's a fair price, especially considering how expensive Leon and padaparadchas are. I didn't look to see if there was a lab report, but if this is an authentic padparadcha as deemed by a reputable lab, even if heated (only), and it's 3 carats, and in a Leon design of platinum and diamonds, $12K is actually a steal.

Padparadchas are one of those stones that people either love or dislike (hate is too strong a word). Many are disappointed when they see one in person, or they fall in love. It's not a gem I would advise buying online, you should see it in person first.
It did have an agl brief. Right send it to grace I bet it’s gone in a heartbeat for 15

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It did have an agl brief. Right send it to grace I bet it’s gone in a heartbeat for 15

I think you are right. If the OP wants to sell this gorgeous ring the time is now.

Reactions: T L

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like it better than Princess Eugenie's ering and it's a carat larger!!

As for Leon, people have complained about him for years, but he's still in business, and I presume doing very well. Something must be drawing buyers, as he has no inclination to change his practices.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes I also continue to hear stuff about Leon but people are heedless. A person, is not, but people... heedless!

Thats my philosohy for the day haha.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry that he was so rigid on the returns. I've heard stories about his sale pieces being non-returnable before. The pad looks like how a pad should look. Definitely not washed out, but a delicate and shifting hue that remind me of a gorgeous sunset. It's also sizeable, and well-cut. It's a beautiful piece and people who know gemstones and workmanship will be struck by it!

There is always the option to sell second hand, if it's really not what you want. I would be surprised if you couldn't find a buyer.

cats_sapphire

Rough_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: It’s a lovely ring, really special. But, you are the one that matters and that has to love it. For that much money you should really love it, that’s quite a sum. Maybe you can talk to someone at Leons shop? I’m sure they want you to be happy with it. It is difficult to buy something as precious as a Pad sapphire online, the color can be subtle. Look into it. You have to be happy with this purchase. Good luck.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results