shape
carat
color
clarity

Lavender spinel

Did someone say lavender jade and spinel?

How on earth do you find these goodies?! That thing is
wowzer.gif
!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sadly, the 8.31ct. is sold, but I'm sure it was well out of my budget anyway!

The seller of the ring sent me videos in daylight. I can't figure out how to link or download vids from instagram private messaging. So here are the best grabs from each vid. Note the loss of saturation. This one looked promising, but I'm moving on from it.

I inquired about the emerald-cut T L posted, and the girl promptly blocked me. lol Not sure what the purpose of her account is... :think:

So I'm back at square one!

Screenshot_20240408_195228_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240408_195326_Samsung Internet.jpg

im not usually one to comment but that person at the very least needs some hand and nail cream of some kind, i bearly remember what we are discusing, backyard landscaping and new laundries .....

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to crash your thread Autumn but I can’t resist posting my cheapie lavender jadeite purchased years ago! Picture my sister took today. Lil Sis has absconded with it but I’ve made it clear that under no circumstances have I gifted it to her!!!

I want to make a new dress for this stone one day!

d991679b-d066-4aae-9e7c-e4aadc9c3007.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to crash your thread Autumn but I can’t resist posting my cheapie lavender jadeite purchased years ago! Picture my sister took today. Lil Sis has absconded with it but I’ve made it clear that under no circumstances have I gifted it to her!!!

1712823577723.jpeg

Again... jade has the PERFECT lavender shade. This is stunning! If it's "cheapie," as you said, you must have received quite a bargain, because it looks $$$!!

Just for fun, I found this tonal chart of lavender. Jadeite certainly has many of these shades. I love lavender jade. I wish I knew enough about how to purchase jade to get a piece. IMG_2134.jpeg

When you figure it out, @T L, please share your knowledge with me. Actually, @Crimson, would you ever consider a crash course thread on this topic? How to buy jade in general, but specifically lavender?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again... jade has the PERFECT lavender shade. This is stunning! If it's "cheapie," as you said, you must have received quite a bargain, because it looks $$$!!

It was a bargain basement situation 6 years ago when stuff was released in droves everyday. There was a lot of junk but some great stuff nestled in between. Kinda like digging through the bargain bins at the sales.

It has great colour but there’s one patch of colour that is super deep and bright. I think that’s a nono because connoisseurs want even colour with lots of water. It is by no means high end or anything like that! At any rate I love it and the kid wants to inherit it one day so for the price I paid, the amount of wear lil sis has derived from it, its earned its keep!

See the nono deeper patch!

PXL_20230624_042729713_Original.jpeg

Anyhow, how are you on this spinel situation? I find that I have moments of intense hunting sometimes and then I settle. The gem in question usually just lands on me when I’m not looking for anything! That happened with Bulbasaur!

It was a bargain basement situation 6 years ago when stuff was released in droves everyday. There was a lot of junk but some great stuff nestled in between. Kinda like digging through the bargain bins at the sales.

It has great colour but there’s one patch of colour that is super deep and bright. I think that’s a nono because connoisseurs want even colour with lots of water. It is by no means high end or anything like that! At any rate I love it and the kid wants to inherit it one day so for the price I paid, the amount of wear lil sis has derived from it, its earned its keep!

See the nono deeper patch!

PXL_20230624_042729713_Original.jpeg

Anyhow, how are you on this spinel situation? I find that I have moments of intense hunting sometimes and then I settle. The gem in question usually just lands on me when I’m not looking for anything! That happened with Bulbasaur!

That "patch" is ever so slight! It doesn't detract from the stone at all. I don't know much about jade... and even less about the lavender variety... but I just know this is a lovely stone and ring. Tell your little sis to take good care of her or else!
paddle.gif

I have officially suspended my quest indefinitely. I told the few sources I had looking to pack it in. I saw some vids of the first stone, and it was grayer than the photo. And then I always assume there will be further desaturation in person (though not always). Since that stone was coming from one of the most knowledgeable, fair, and respected dealers here on PS, and it is considered very fine color in her opinion (hence the price), I'm thinking lavender spinel simply isn't for me. But! The good news is, this frees me to start the setting process for one of my current stones. So silver lining and all that.
anddash.gif

Thank you for following along on my (ill-fated) journey! lol

Lunean

Rough_Rock
Just fell on those two if you are still looking :)
That "patch" is ever so slight! It doesn't detract from the stone at all. I don't know much about jade... and even less about the lavender variety... but I just know this is a lovely stone and ring. Tell your little sis to take good care of her or else!
paddle.gif

I have officially suspended my quest indefinitely. I told the few sources I had looking to pack it in. I saw some vids of the first stone, and it was grayer than the photo. And then I always assume there will be further desaturation in person (though not always). Since that stone was coming from one of the most knowledgeable, fair, and respected dealers here on PS, and it is considered very fine color in her opinion (hence the price), I'm thinking lavender spinel simply isn't for me. But! The good news is, this frees me to start the setting process for one of my current stones. So silver lining and all that.
anddash.gif

Thank you for following along on my (ill-fated) journey! lol
What do you think of this one? Too purple?

Just fell on those two if you are still looking :)

What do you think of this one? Too purple?

She has particularly nice luster, doesn't she? Thank you for the suggestion! I think I'm moving on from this stone for the foreseeable future. But I'll never stop wanting to see more eye candy! :P2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
She has particularly nice luster, doesn't she? Thank you for the suggestion! I think I'm moving on from this stone for the foreseeable future. But I'll never stop wanting to see more eye candy! :P2

i bet the right one will just pop up one day, so i prefer to think this thread is just one the backburner for a while :lol:;-)

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you’ve made the decision you did. I looked for many years for a similar stone (acquired a few, then realized I wanted more blue), and finally gave up. Then the unicorn presented itself (13 years later lol), and although $$$, I didn’t hesitate, and even gave up one of my “never sell” items in order to get it. Your stone will come (or it won’t, and you’ll have moved on).

Glad you’ve made the decision you did. I looked for many years for a similar stone (acquired a few, then realized I wanted more blue), and finally gave up. Then the unicorn presented itself (13 years later lol), and although $$$, I didn’t hesitate, and even gave up one of my “never sell” items in order to get it. Your stone will come (or it won’t, and you’ll have moved on).

Thank you! I actually have one last lead (even though I've sort of thrown in the towel).
towel.gif
If it turns into anything, I'll update the thread. Wow... 13 years... that's dedication. I'd love to see your unicorn!!

Sorry, I meant soon! I just finished paying it off yesterday! Haven’t seen it in person yet. It’s going straight to DK.

Teaser pic, for making you wait! Some around here may recognize it… IMG_0740.jpeg

Nooo I know, I was just teasing! Well isn't she a STUNNER!! So you like them a little deeper and bluer. Looks like a violet-blue cobalt... is she Vietnamese? Perhaps eventually you might be comfortable sharing weight and pricing info. I'm really trying to get a gauge of value for this material. In any event, I'm positively elated for you!!
congrats.gif

mamalovesgems

Shiny_Rock
Nooo I know, I was just teasing! Well isn't she a STUNNER!! So you like them a little deeper and bluer. Looks like a violet-blue cobalt... is she Vietnamese? Perhaps eventually you might be comfortable sharing weight and pricing info. I'm really trying to get a gauge of value for this material. In any event, I'm positively elated for you!!
congrats.gif

This is Jeff White's spinel, it's gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results