shape
carat
color
clarity

Large Asscher tsavorite or mint garnet

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I am bumping this thread OP because I was wondering if you have the ring and love it!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not the OP, but I did ask to see the ring when I was at JBG dropping off some consignment pieces in March. It is lovely IRL, bright and lively. It is not a steal of a price, but I would consider it fair, and that another jewelry store would charge more. I think the OP will be very happy with it.

Jopdrop

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Sorry for not updating everyone on this. Unfortunately, I have had some fairly serious health issues that have stopped me from working as much as I usually would. It took me longer to pay for this than anticipated.
The good news is that it finally arrived today! I was preparing myself to be disappointed upon opening the parcel. I made sure I was in the best lighting possible. I didn't need to be concerned, it is much more beautiful than I was expecting. The colour doesn't seem to wash out in any lighting. I’m absolutely blown away. I don’t regret buying this at all. I don’t believe I would have been able to find a stone close to this size with colour and cut this fine.
Unfortunately it looks like it missed getting sized before it was sent, so it only fits my pinky finger . The culet is also chipped too, which is disappointing. I am sure it is something that can be fixed with minimal weight loss though down the track.
It is very difficult to take good photos of it. It ends up looking either very dark or washed out and cloudy in my photos. This is the best I’ve managed to get so far. 618173DC-4F8F-4464-BD4C-857A1DDE3654.jpeg
425A9B50-6BE9-41BD-8B8A-2237D88F175A.jpeg

Timor

Shiny_Rock
Oh my I'm blown away! What a beauty! Sorry about the chip though.

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
This beautiful ring is the stuff of legends and was one of my inspirations for joining PS, too. There are some pieces that are so lovely that you find yourself watching their stories forever, and this is certainly one of those rings.

I’m glad to see this update and learn about its next chapter. Enjoy in good health!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry to hear of your health issues but happy you finally have received the ring.
I’m happy that it blows you away but really sorry to hear it didn’t get sized as you asked and the culet is chipped? Is it something you can see in any of the listing pictures? Yikes. I wonder if the stone was unmounted at any time.
Disappointment is an understatement. Did you contact the vendor on either?
ETA: definitely not on the listing pictures but can see it in your one closeup. Did they happen to give you any recent photos or only ones taken when it was first listed? I hate to ask - did the vendor have it more than once to sell?

It’s still a gorgeous ring, and yeah - pretty hard, if not impossible, to duplicate. You aren’t asking, but don’t know if I’d fix the chip to tradeoff in altering the faceting.
Enjoy it well!
It’s an icon and a beauty. Hope you are feeling better, as well.

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update! I have been wondering! As @Rfisher said you should DEFINITELY contact Grace about the chip and the sizing. I would want some sort of credit honestly, especially regarding the chip. I don’t want to rain on your parade! I just don’t want you to ignore it. It’s a beautiful piece.

Jopdrop

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks everyone!
I still can’t believe that I own this piece. It almost doesn’t feel real. Other than Endless Summer, have any other PS’s owned this?

I don’t want to let the sizing or the chip overshadow my excitement about receiving this. JBG is a reputable vendor, I am sure they will assist me with this. I’m not sure if there is much I can do about the chip. I don’t recall noticing it in the listing photos or having it disclosed in the description. However, now that I know it is there, I can see that it is present in the videos I requested. It’s fairly obvious for me to see in person, although, it’s not noticeable enough to take away from the beauty of the stone. I would love to have it fixed. That is a difficult proposition because it would have to be shipped back to the states for Jeff to repair, ideally. I would probably not be able to do anything until I am personally in the states.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!
I still can’t believe that I own this piece. It almost doesn’t feel real. Other than Endless Summer, have any other PS’s owned this?

I don’t want to let the sizing or the chip overshadow my excitement about receiving this. JBG is a reputable vendor, I am sure they will assist me with this. I’m not sure if there is much I can do about the chip. I don’t recall noticing it in the listing photos or having it disclosed in the description. However, now that I know it is there, I can see that it is present in the videos I requested. It’s fairly obvious for me to see in person, although, it’s not noticeable enough to take away from the beauty of the stone. I would love to have it fixed. That is a difficult proposition because it would have to be shipped back to the states for Jeff to repair, ideally. I would probably not be able to do anything until I am personally in the states.

Agreed - if you want to keep I would just hope a credit of some sort would be issued for sizing fee and/or chip repair.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a reputable vendor, JbG would be covering the return shipping to the states since they neglected to do the requested re-sizing, right?

And, after resizing, JbG could ship to Jeff to handle the chip -- which, IMHO, since not disclosed by JbG, is a cost for which they should be responsible.

It really sounds like JbG dropped the ball on this transaction.

It is a beautiful ring, and I hope all is resolved to your satisfaction.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a reputable vendor, JbG would be covering the return shipping to the states since they neglected to do the requested re-sizing, right?

And, after resizing, JbG could ship to Jeff to handle the chip -- which, IMHO, since not disclosed by JbG, is a cost for which they should be responsible.

It really sounds like JbG dropped the ball on this transaction.

It is a beautiful ring, and I hope all is resolved to your satisfaction.

This is such great advice.

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
It looks lovely in the photos, so it must be positively astonishing in person. Glad to hear it is everything you hoped for.

It's definitely disappointing to receive a stone with undisclosed damage, and many things, although visible once you know they're there, are simply not recognisable in photos and videos. The missed resize is definitely an oversight, but those happen and it's easy enough to fix locally. You definitely shouldn't let these mishaps spoil the joy of having a piece you've coveted for so long finally in your hands.

Jopdrop

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks , everyone. I am still just so over the moon with this. I've been wearing it on my pinky around the house for 2 days now.

I never had any doubt that JBG would help me sort this out. At one time I ran a jewellery repair workshop. I completely understand that sometimes things get missed or overlooked. Mistakes happen. I don't have access to the original listing or the original listing photos, however the chip is visible to JBG and myself in all of the videos they have posted to Instagram.

I spoke with Julia from JBG last night. They will be refunding me the cost I paid them for sizing, and they will cover the cost of me having it sized locally.

The chip may be a more difficult issue, they have offered to speak to Jeff about repairing it. However as it is a consignment item and it looks like the chip was preexisting I understand that this may not have an overnight fix. I also would prefer not to have to post this back to the states and then have it posted back here. I've had international parcels get lost before.

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
It’s an amazing, one of a kind stone. I’m glad you are being philosophical about the chip and sizing. I would work with JBG to get the sizing paid for, and I would fix the chip when you can be in the states. International shipping is risky.

I was at JBG’s in March, placing a consignment, and asked to see the ring. It was stunning. So stunning, that I did not notice a chip. I am so glad she worked with you through your health concerns and you now have this treasure!

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
This is so beautiful and the color is so unique, I’m glad you were able to make it yours finally!

(I’m sure the rest of us would love more photos!!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results