shape
carat
color
clarity

Lara''s ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hello all!

The big moment has finally arrived for me, and I have a new respect for the fantastic photos that so many of you seem to accomplish... I do have a macro setting on my camera, but it just didn't seem to 'work'. And then the batteries ran out! I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Anyway, here is the shot I managed before the camera went 'beep'.
I wanted to say a big thank you to Jogia Diamonds, in Perth

linky

I really couldn't possibly be any happier with the performance of my diamond, it's incredibly lively, my sister summed it up when she said she thought it was 'the prettiest diamond she's ever seen'!

The ring is slightly tight, because I am a few weeks from giving birth...size H1/2
(I think around 4.25)

Also, the setting is beautifully done, total quality!! I had a matching wedding band made up at the same time.

I'm feeling like Goldilocks, for me the carat weight and the overall specs are juuust right...

1.11 F/SI1

updated engagement ring 001 resized.jpg

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Double congrats!! On the stunning ring and the new baby!! Wear it well
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!That looks bigger than a 1.11 on your tiny fingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gorgeous Lara!!!!!! Congrats on all counts!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: Sorry for all of the exclamation points. I think it's time to go to bed...

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lara it looks fabulous!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Wow, that didn''t take long at all, and it''s wonderful.
What an exciting time for you, you can admire your new sparklie while playing with your
new baby, lol..

You have such pretty hands and nails too!

Did you end up using an appraiser yet out of interest..?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wooohooooooooooo, that was SO worth the wait!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
It look gorgeous on your pretty hands! Congrats Lara!!

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL LARA! You deserve it girl! Just stunning, I am SO HAPPY for you.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Lara the set is just beautiful
30.gif
!! That stone looks way bigger than 1.11ct...

I love the way the set looks!

BTW Congratulations on your soon to be cuddly baby! Will this be 3? I just had my 3rd 4mo ago and it''s amazing. I have 2 girls and now the boy. How about you? This is an exciting time!! Enjoy it all, takes lots of pics of the kids (and the diamond
2.gif
)...it goes too fast
39.gif

Can''t wait to see more hand shots!
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG - Lara its PERFECT!!!! I am so happy for you, many congrats!!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 6:19:23 AM
Author: Lorelei

Good Morning Lorelei...I thought I would be the only crazy one up so early
39.gif
lol

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous Lara! It looks just like my new set!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully! I love the mounting and the band the stone looks like a stunner! Can''t wait to see more pics - bet you just love it!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
lara its beautiful!!! Freke was on the right track with lots of exclamation points!!

!!!!!!!
30.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
35.gif

Hi girls!!
Thanks for the well-wishes.
Yes, I have to say I was rather surprised at how HARD it was to get a decent shot of the ring!! The profile is lovely, I am very happy with the prongs, and the diamond is set beautifully.
The ring is really beautifully made!!!
The shank is 2.5mm wide, the wedding band is 2.9mm wide. Initially, the ering was approx 3.25mm wide, and I asked Jogia to have it shaved back, I'm glad I did request that, as it is absolutely perfect now!

sba771, Freke and somehow collide (love that name), thanks so much for the congrats, I feel like lots of exclamations myself!!!!!!!

AJ, yes, I did get it appraised, with the lady you recommended actually (that is where Jogia usually send their work I think) came up double in retail value, which is nice.
Actually, I didn't do anything, Jogia sent it out and collected it for me. I guess I missed out on 'the experience', and in a way it would be nice to be able to hear from the appraiser direct in relation to her opinion of the stone, but the convenience (with me living in the country) was kind of hard to go past.
I really do feel that Jogia excelled here with this cut (from their Crossfire selection), it is an incredibly responsive stone!!

Thanks Dandi, it WAS worth the wait, it sounds crazy to get so 'het up' over a silly piece of jewellery - and let's face it, it's not even 'the' engagement ring, in that I have been happily married for five years now - but it still was a real up-and-down ride. I have been seriously fixated on this for about a year, and for several months I honestly thought it just wasn't going to happen, I had 'given up' PS so many times!!!

atroop this is my third child, and it's shaping up to be a... girl! My second girl. I am looking forward to it, I'm hoping I don't 'hit the wall' the way I kinda did with my second.... I totally agree, this is a totally special time in life, is it not? Lucky, lucky, lucky!!!

Lorelei thank you so much for all your help. The diamond I initially posted on RT wasn't the one I ended up going with...but your assistance made me feel comfortable moving forward with Jogia Diamonds, and I truly feel that this 1.11 is something out of the box. I could / should put all the angles through the HCA (again) to see what the score is! I know it performed (even) better than the stone I initially brought to RT.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 6:25:55 AM
Author: atroop711

Date: 3/27/2009 6:19:23 AM

Good Morning Lorelei...I thought I would be the only crazy one up so early
39.gif
lol
Morning A
35.gif

Lara I am so glad if I have been of help and I am TRULY delighted to see this upgrade - you deserve it!!!!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Ooops, must just be wakeup time over there (dinner - evening meal - around here)
Thanks Maisie, MissGotRocks and jcarlylew!!
35.gif

Maisie,m I''ll have to go back and have a look at your set!

It''s amazing how your tastes ''evolve'' isn''t it... I was surprised when I discovered I had actually selected a Tiffany style sol... I never looked at knife edges the whole time I was ''grazing'' on PS - until I saw it in person in the Jogia office...

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Lara, it looks perfectly amazing on your teeny finger (you have the loveliest fingers and nails)

Congrats on your upgrade - just beautiful
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 7:01:19 AM
Author: Deelight
Lara, it looks perfectly amazing on your teeny finger (you have the loveliest fingers and nails)

30.gif
Bruddah Dezza, she does have teeny preeety hands, fingies and nails!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 7:11:21 AM
Date: 3/27/2009 7:01:19 AM

30.gif

Bruddah Dezza, she does have teeny preeety hands, fingies and nails!!

Yahhha Bruddah Lozza, my fingers are jealous.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine are too Bruddah Dezza. I have big momma hands!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am extremely jealous Bruddahs Maisie and Dezza Of Bruddah Lazza's beautiful hands, having such huge UNDAINTY hands and fingies myself!
40.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Bruddah Maisie you have beautiful hands as well, and verrra sexy nailpolish - I like it :).

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, congrats on the upgrade (i have been reading your about your uphill battle lol) and new soon to be here baby
1.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Just lovely Lara. You did really well and shoud be well chuffed
19.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lara, your rings are totally GORGEOUS! I''m so happy for you! And by the looks of your slim little fingers, I would have never guessed you were weeks away from having a baby. I couldn''t even wear my rings at that point! Congrats on the rings and congrats on the new member of the family coming soon!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 7:28:18 AM
Bruddah Maisie you have beautiful hands as well, and verrra sexy nailpolish - I like it :).

3.gif
*pouts* you girls are verrra silly *flounce*
9.gif

and here I was thinking that my 'ungroomed' look was not going to be appreciated by the US girls!
1.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Lara it is PERFECT!
30.gif

Just beautiful! You must be over the moon!
Totally worth the wait!
30.gif
30.gif

Congrats!

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Yay Lara I''m so happy for you!!!! Your ring is gorgeous, stunning and perfect and I''m so glad you finally have it on your finger. Best of luck with the new addition to your family - I''m looking forward to hearing your thoughts on making the leap from 2 to 3, especially as I think your kids are the same age as mine. I''m only sorry you don''t live in Perth as I''d love to think that one day when I''m in Perth visiting I''d be lucky enough to see you walking down the street with your gorgeous new ring.

Speaking of husbands - what does yours think of the bling?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I need smaller fingers.
39.gif

That really does look huge on your "ready to give birth" finger. No fair!
11.gif
2.gif

Just beautiful. Simple, elegant, and yummy gold. Love it. Congrats, on both bling and baby!
36.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lara, congratulations on a LOVELY set! I love the yummy yg and the size is perfect for your finger! Good luck with your upcoming birth, you must be so excited. AprilBabies are the best!
3.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 7:54:01 AM
Author: LaraOnline

Date: 3/27/2009 7:28:18 AM

3.gif
*pouts* you girls are verrra silly *flounce*
9.gif

and here I was thinking that my ''ungroomed'' look was not going to be appreciated by the US girls!
1.gif
nails.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results