shape
carat
color
clarity

Lara''s ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Lara,

It''s absolutley gorgeous!!! Perfect proportions and I just love YG!!!
30.gif
30.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I love this forum!!
D'you think I should try and wean myself off, now that I've got the bling??!!
(I'm sure my DH would like me to!!
2.gif
)

diamondrnglover, katebar, iluvcarats and deelight, thank you so much for all your support during this whole thing.
Oh my, I'm talking like I've just won an Academy Award or something
20.gif
but honestly, this is a pretty big deal for me (yes, I am a hick, it seems!!)

katiedid, how did you master your photography??!! Your shots of your uternity were just STUNNING!!!
30.gif
will have to do better over this upcoming weekend.

softly do you have three kids already? I am wondering about the adjustment, as well...(from two to three, I mean) I think it can be very personal, and does depend on how the rest of your life is going at the time. For me, having the second was a transition because I could no longer pretend that I had any direct control / involvement in our small business in any really indepth way, also my husband's conditioning kicked in and basically he just siphoned the work away from me.
Also, our business was going through a lot of changes at the time...also, some of the decisions he made at that time were not so fab after all, and now he thinks he should have listed to me a bit more, rather than telling me to butt out ...so HE has adjusted to the pressures of fatherhood as well, and doesn't feel so incredibly 'pushed' by the 'provider image' he had (and still has) for himself... basically, we are just evolving as a family unit, I guess

In relation to the bling, he has seemed to take a pleasure in the beauty of the diamond...although I know he is unselfish enough just to enjoy what I enjoy... but when I told him that my sister said that armed with my new ering, we should go visit the new Tiffany store and try on jewellery, I'm afraid the smile just ran away from his face!
4.gif

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Nup Lara I only have the two, but lately find myself with a strange hankering for another which is made all the stranger by how hard I found the transition from one to two.

But lets not let this thread meander away from the gloriousness that is your ring! And Ellen is right, how fabulous is it that your fingers look like that weeks before you give birth.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 8:15:05 AM
Author: lucyandroger
Lara,
It''s absolutley gorgeous!!! Perfect proportions and I just love YG!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Ellen, April and lucy, I DO think the proportions are perfect.
Is it just that I haven''t stuck around on PS long enough? Big enough to enjoy, small enough not to feel ott... ? I am in good ol'' tall-poppy cutting Australia, after all, and I don''t mix with a flash crowd!

April my mother is also born in April... I think raising my mother could be ...hmmm, how shall I say...''interesting''?!! Mum would surely have been a handful as a child (no, teenager!!) but is genuinely a really great person, so yeah, April''s looking good!
As a tiny baby, this one in the tummy has been incredibly energetic... of course, she has slowed down now as she has run out of room! My 4-y-o girl is incredibly excited about having a sister, and has thanked me, sincerely, many times, for having a girl! Bless her.

The YG is really yellow! My previous set was also 18k, yet this seems more coloured...?
Perhaps the slightly more substantial setting style really plays up that colour, in a way that the slimmer shanks do not? I''m glad I didn''t go under 2.5mm anyway, so that''s been an interesting discovery (I''m a fan of slim shanks)

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 8:24:25 AM
Author: softly softly
Nup Lara I only have the two, but lately find myself with a strange hankering for another which is made all the stranger by how hard I found the transition from one to two.

But lets not let this thread meander away from the gloriousness that is your ring! And Ellen is right, how fabulous is it that your fingers look like that weeks before you give birth.

Okay I guess we shouldn''t thread jack, but I will say that all the girls warned me that if I went for three, I may well want four.
At the time, I thought that idea was rubbish!
But, halfway through the pregnancy, a strange thing happened... we are now debating whether to go straight around again! So don''t say I didn''t warn you!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It''s just beautiful! Congratulations!
36.gif

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Okay best stick with two then because I really can''t see how my house or car would handle four. And I can see all the arguments against 3 in my situation - my husband works away from home and my kids are very close because they are only 18mths apart, but that doesn''t stop me thinking about how nice it would be to add another (if only in my imagination), but seriously I love your ring and I do look forward to hearing from you about life with 3 kids.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
It''s very pretty Lara and the yellow gold looks very nice against your skin.
36.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
congratulations, lara :)

your new stone looks beautifully clear - do you have a few more photos we could enjoy?

wear in good health - especially over the coming weeks.

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Lara, a beautuful, classic set! Congrats on the rings and the new baby!

Maisie, Lorelei and Deelight, what is a "Bruddah" and can I be one too?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lara, your set is gorgeous...just perfect on your hand. Congratulations to you!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lara I am so happy for you! It is a beautiful wedding set and well deserved. I also cannot wait to hear all about your new baby girl!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous, Lara!!! Enjoy it!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
It looks GRAND, Lara. Oh I am so happy you finally have your upgrade. Truly beautiful -- and your hands are too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful, classic, and timeless set! I love them!
36.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
WOW Lara CONGRATULATIONS!! Woot woot, it was worth the wait, it''s really beautiful, so classic! Someone once described a Tiffany solitaire as being like an itch you want to scratch - it''s just so perfect. That''s what your set is like. It''s a stunner, beautifully proportioned on your lovely hands! MORE PICS, MORE PICS!!!
36.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
WOW it''s so beautiful! I''m so glad you''ve finally got your beautiful solitaire on your hand. YAY!
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! aaaaawwww to have an F color.... one day.... maybe
31.gif
It looks amazing on your hand and congrats on your new arrival....soon
36.gif

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Wow, it looks so huge on you!!!! Congratulations on the beautiful ring and your baby!!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Yaayyyyyy Lara im very happy for you and your new ring
36.gif
its gorgeous, classic
30.gif
enjoy wearing it, you deserve it
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and stone - and congratulations on your upcoming new arrival
9.gif
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Love it! Congrats all round....

cheers--Sharon

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 10:43:24 AM
Author: Porridge
WOW Lara CONGRATULATIONS!! Woot woot, it was worth the wait, it's really beautiful, so classic! Someone once described a Tiffany solitaire as being like an itch you want to scratch - it's just so perfect. That's what your set is like.
36.gif

I completely surprised myself! I loved the Tiffany solitaire in person!
Anyway, it is now past midnight here, and I have been trying to take photos, using the reading lights in my bedroom and an improvised light box.
20.gif

the camera just died again, taking the new batteries with it!
29.gif

and this is all I got...

updated engagement ring 004 cropped.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, yummy! You have such beautifully dainty hands... looks a lot bigger than a 1.11 LOVE THE COLOR TOO! WOWZERS!
30.gif
You are one lucky lady! (in more ways than one... family, etc.!)

LOVE IT!
36.gif

April20

Ideal_Rock
I have never really been a fan of knife edges but your ring is seriously making me reconsider my stand. It''s incredibly beautiful. I love the shot you got of the profile of both rings... wow.... Congrats!!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
It is a beauty. Congratulations on the new ring and the upcoming baby!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/27/2009 9:44:36 AM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
Lara, a beautuful, classic set! Congrats on the rings and the new baby!

Maisie, Lorelei and Deelight, what is a 'Bruddah' and can I be one too?
Consider yourself Bruddah'ed NEU!! * pins on ceremonial Bruddah Badge*
16.gif
Our Bruddah anthem is Bruddahs Forever by Renaldo....
31.gif

The Bruddahood was started by Bruddah Maisie and the band of Bruddahs is growing all the time! We refer to ourselves as Bruddah as you might have noticed, and we do Bruddah - ly things and have all sorts of Brudderly jolly japes!

Welcome to the Bruddahood Bruddah NEU!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
It''s simply splendiferous! Can''t wait to see more!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Lara! That diamond looks HUGE on your hand !!!!! I can''t wait to see more pics of it!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
LARA!

That looks to be a perfect diamond and it looks soooo big and beautiful on your pretty hand!!!!!!

I have been soooooooo excited for you and I can sense you are over the moon!

You really deserve it and congrats on this and the lil'' one, too!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results