shape
carat
color
clarity

Lanie''s non pro wedding pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh man. Everything just looks amazing. Congratulations Lanie! And I love that Nick was there for it all!

trinity911

Shiny_Rock
wow, Lanie, it looks like you had such a fun wedding and reception! Loving the props and more than that, loving the dress and how you and yr DH look so sweet together! Congrats!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Lanie, I love your pictures! Your dress is gorgeous, and it looks like you guys had a really amazing time and a beautiful wedding! You are such a beautiful bride!!

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2009 3:16:46 PM
Author: Lanie
Guilty Pleasure...we were in Santorini as well! We were probably there at the same time. We were in Athens for 2 days at the front end, Santorini for 5 days, then Athens for another day at the tail end. We stayed in Kamari on Santorini...it was so pretty! We rented a little Fiat one day and drove all around the island exploring the wineries and beaches!!! I miss it! Where did you guys stay?
We stayed at The Boathouse in Kamari the first night and then Delfini Villas in Oia for 3 nights. Then Jason Inn near the acropolis for four nights. We rented a car while in Santorini, and my favorite day was also driving around looking at wineries and seeing the sights on the island. I would LOVE to go back to Santorini or some of the other islands.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
You were an absolutely stunning bride! Congratulations!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Lanie, you looked absolutely stunning and radiant! Your dress was gorgeous - loved the bustle! I''m so happy for you! I remember the whole fiasco of your parents losing their original deposit and I know you had to change some of your plans, but, honestly, I can''t imagine a more beautiful and fun wedding! Everything looked perfect! Congratulations on your marriage
36.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much everyone!
36.gif

Yes Pocahontas!!! I''m surprised you remember that. They lost the whole shabang...not just the deposit. So with 20K in losses, I was afraid I wouldn''t have a pretty wedding, but I did. Take that Tuscany in Garden Oaks!!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
By the way, they are still in court battling it out...we get court updates all the time in the mail. But no updates saying "You will get your money back".
7.gif

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
lanie, i''ve really been looking forward to seeing your pics, & they did NOT disappoint! you look beautiful & really happy. i''m so glad everything worked out for you & that you had just a fun wedding day!

and i''ll keep my fingers crossed that those thieves-- who decided they could keep your money & give you nothing-- get what''s coming to them!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Lanie, gorgeous gown!! I love the pics! Congrats on the wedding!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Luckyeshe!

Blackbetty: I''m so glad you chimed in! I was waiting for the other Fanal girls to see the dress in action! Thanks for the compliments!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Everything looks like it was amazing! I love your dress-you looked gorgeous! And I loved that you danced so hard-I did too! Your family looks super fun and I love the Ken doll! Congratulations!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Everything turned out SO beautiful!!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! All the pics are really preatty and the you look gorgeous!!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I am not sure if I already posted, but I just love your wedding (especially your dress and flowers).

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Everything was perfect. Your dress was gorgeous, but that cake was unbelievably beautiful.
Not as beautiful as you, but you aren't edible...well, not for me.
17.gif

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
You are so beautiful! You look like a model! I love the pics and like the kanye west style glasses.
3.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 8:18:40 AM

Yes Pocahontas!!! I''m surprised you remember that. They lost the whole shabang...not just the deposit. So with 20K in losses, I was afraid I wouldn''t have a pretty wedding, but I did. Take that Tuscany in Garden Oaks!!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
By the way, they are still in court battling it out...we get court updates all the time in the mail. But no updates saying ''You will get your money back''.
7.gif
WORD!!!!!! Oh Lanie, I had forgotten your parents had lost the whole amount and not just their deposit
14.gif
I hope the court process results in a favourable decision for your parents and the other brides and grooms. Again, you looked incredibly beautiful and happy! I can''t wait to see more pics
9.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2009 8:18:40 AM
Thank you so much everyone!
36.gif

29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
By the way, they are still in court battling it out...we get court updates all the time in the mail. But no updates saying ''You will get your money back''.
7.gif
That''s what my first thought was too! I didn''t want to mention the whole incident again, because I figured you wouldn''t want to think about it right after your wedding. But MAN, your wedding was just absolutely gorgeous! The Rachel Ray pseudo-reception looked fantastic too. Now, all we need is getting your parent''s money back to make this whole event just perfect!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Wow Lanie, what a gorgeous wedding!! The church is beautiful, and the reception looks like a blast! I love your dress too.
30.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ladies!!! I can''t wait for the pro pics to come in!!! Here''s one more picture of the veil and the dress during the ceremony. I loved my veil!!!

Melwedding8.jpg

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lanie!
35.gif
I hope you catch this - I wanted to ask a quick question about your colors. I found in another of your earlier threads where you said your colors were royal blue and fuschia - did you stick to those colors? I see in the photographs that you accented it with some greens and lavendars - did your total colors expand, or are those just accents? And the fuschia flowers kind of appear a bit redder on my screen, so I was just wondering what the final outcome was. I'm just asking because I love your color scheme, and I'm trying to get ideas and narrow mine down. Thanks!
1.gif

Oh yes - and could you tell me a little about your veil? I'm mainly wondering the length and the type - it looks like 1 layer - was it scrunched a lot at the top, or was your goal to be as streamlined as possible with it, etc?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh you really made a beautiful bride. Your dress is divine! Congratulations on becoming a Mrs. It looks like every little detail was so well planned.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!

the added props looked fun!

btw, which part of Greece did you go to and how was it? we''re thinking of going there for our HM!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
luvthemstrawberries: Thanks so much! My colors ended up being royal blue with gold accents, and no fushia except for the flowers. Royal blue was fun, but it was hard to do. I had a hard time finding royal blue ribbons for programs, menu cards, etc. I wish I had done more fushia, but I wanted to keep it simple and not a hodge podge of color. And yes, the flowers had some red in them. I just told the florist to have reds and pinks and purples and green hydrangea, and I think they turned out really cool.

My veil was so great! It''s a little poofy at the top by the comb. I wanted it to be as streamlined and plain as possible so that it didn''t take away from my dress. The veil is actually for sale...I don''t think I''m allowed to say more than that. We are KNOT supposed to put that info on this forum.
27.gif

mayachel: Thanks for the compliments! It was an amazing day!

Cleokizzy
: Greece was great!!! We went to Athens for 3 days and Santorini for 5 days. Athens was cool, but unless you are into architecture and old history, don''t stay there for more than a day. My DH is an architect, so he loved it. Santorini was beautiful. I can''t even describe. I''ve traveled a lot, and it was pretty. Don''t go in July or August unless you want to be on a crowded island. It was a great trip, but I wish we would have hopped around to other islands. We got a little bored bc the island is small, but when you are bored on the honeymoon, just go back to the hotel!
31.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 9:12:06 PM
luvthemstrawberries: Thanks so much! My colors ended up being royal blue with gold accents, and no fushia except for the flowers. Royal blue was fun, but it was hard to do. I had a hard time finding royal blue ribbons for programs, menu cards, etc. I wish I had done more fushia, but I wanted to keep it simple and not a hodge podge of color. And yes, the flowers had some red in them. I just told the florist to have reds and pinks and purples and green hydrangea, and I think they turned out really cool.
Thanks so much for coming back to respond Lanie!
35.gif
I appreciate it. I do love the royal blue. But I can understand the difficulty finding things in it, as navy seems to be way more easy to find. I think everything you did looked great - just enough fuschia!
1.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Argh PS ate my post! I actually did have another question - about the veil in general. Please excuse my lack of knowledge about these things.
12.gif
It looks like your hair was in a low updo - how does a veil like this hold in your hair? It looks like it was higher up in the flat area of the hair - in my mind, something would just slide right out of that, haha. Or at least slide down to the bun area and be held up from there. I guess it looks like a veil like that would have a lot of weight with it - does it pull on you?

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
luvthemstrawberries: I actually bobby pinned the comb to my hair. I didn''t stick the actual comb in my hair bc it would have messed it up. Yes, my hair was in a low, messy bun. And I thought the veil would be heavy, but it wasn''t! It was perfect!!! Thanks!!!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
You look beautiful! I love the color of your BM dresses with the pink bouquets. Great choice! You and your DH look so happy. Thanks for sharing. Your pics were so fun to look at.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Your cake was just gorgeous!! Looked like a fun reception!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys for all of the compliments! I still havent'' gotten my pro pics yet...I told myself I''d give my photographer a month, and it''s been 5 weeks. He edits all of them before sending them over...I don''t want to sound pushy. Maybe i''ll send him an email next week if I don''t hear from him...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results