shape
carat
color
clarity

Lanie''s non pro wedding pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone! We are back from Greece!!! It was amazing...the wedding was amazing. Indescribable. There really aren''t words to convey what emotions run through you on the wedding day! Everything turned out perfect...the only mishap was that the ring bearer pillow went missing right before the ceremony, but no big deal. Weather was good, hot, but good. It was 95 or so, which is actually a blessing in Houston! So here are the non pro pics. Pro ones will come a lot later...and I''m not even sure if I can post them online, but we''ll worry about that later. For all of you La Sposa Fanal girls, I got a ton of compliments on the dress. It was amazing! The bottom of my dress was BLACK when I took it off, which is to me, evidence of a damn good wedding! Seriously, the bottom 6 inches were BLACK!!! Hahahaha! OK here we go...

Getting ready...this was the most intense feeling. But I was calm. Again, I can''t describe the emotions.

Our wedding 22.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
My adorable flowergirl, my niece. There were some mishaps that I won''t bore you all with right before the ceremony which caused a lot of my bmaids to be running around, so I didn''t have many people to hang out with at the beginning. My parents and siblings were coming in and out, but I would have loved it if we were just all in there.

Our wedding 23.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
The 2 of us...don''t have any of me with my bmaids getting ready, but we had so much fun getting makeup and hair and drinking champagne!

Our wedding12.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Walking down the aisle with my father. I was crying a little. It was the most amazing feeling. You are all alone though!

Our wedding17.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Another...I was focusing on my handsome groom waiting for me at the end. I knew he was nervous as well, so I knew that once I got up there with him and had him holding my hand, I would be okay. I was so nervous.

Oh, and he got me a beautiful peridot necklace from Tiffany''s for my wedding gift. I opened it about 30 minutes before going down the aisle. I decided to wear it because it just looked amazing with everything else. He got me green peridot to match my eyes
30.gif

Our wedding1.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
No ceremony pictures bc they aren''t allowed unless by the photog of course. So these are after. I loved my bmaid dresses with the flowers. It looked so pretty. Pictures don''t do it justice! I gave them the color and fabric from Watters, and they got to choose their own style of dress. It worked out really well.

Our wedding13.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
This one shows the ceremony flowers. They turned out so beautiful!

Our wedding18.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Bustle time!

Our wedding2.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I love this picture...my father took it before I walked out to our trolley.

Our wedding3.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
This is our trolley that we had for 2 hours between the ceremony and reception. We had all of the bmaids and groomsmen and ushers on it. And lots of champagne, wine and beer! It was so much fun to cruise around with all of our friends! This picture is perfect EXCEPT for the fact that my how husband''s eyes are closed. As I type this, I still can''t believe I can finally call him my husband!

Our wedding9.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Another trolley pic

Our wedding4.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Reception pics...after the trolley ride, we waited back at the reception venue until guests showed up and we could be announced. That was such a fun time...newlyweds! They gave me lots of champagne. If you can''t tell by now, I am probably 90% made of champagne. I love it!

I digress...this picture is the sign-in table. The picture on the far left is one of my bridal portraits. We had a larger one on an easel, but I don''t have a picture of it. The others were of him as a little boy, me as a little girl, and a couple from when we were dating.

Our wedding10.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, you''re obviously still posting, but I just HAD to log in at work and comment!

You are absolutely beautiful! Your veil is PERFECT, and actually exactly what I had in mind for me! May I use your pic to show my aunt who is making my veil for inspiration?

Oh, wow, can''t wait to see more, these are amazing! You look so calm, peaceful, and radiantly happy
36.gif
36.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Our yummy cake! It was ivory colored, not yellow like it looks like in the picture.

Our wedding15.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
This shows the color more accurately. Posing with our amazing Vera Wang toasting flutes. They were so pretty!

Our wedding20.jpg

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
That cake looks incredible! And you look stunning (and I LOVE the color of your bridesmaids'' dresses)

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
This shows the centerpieces. They were identical to the bmaid bouquets. We did a mixture of high ones with smaller ones. My florist told me that it gives the illusion that a lot more of them are up high (cutting costs). I think everything turned out really pretty as far as the flowers and linens. Again, the pictures don''t really do it justice.

Our wedding19.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
First dance. We danced to "Aint that a kick in the head" by Dean Martin. It''s not a traditional wedding song, but we wanted something peppy and upbeat, not anything sappy. No offense to anyone! It was great! We got a lot of compliments on our song as well. If you look at the lyrics, they are good for falling in love.

Our wedding5.jpg

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
oh LANIE!!!!! it all looks so beautiful. the dress is GORGEOUS! i love your colors--the navy with the magenta/red pops. the church is gorgeous too! i love it all!! congratulations!!!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Another.

I don''t have a good one of me and my father doing our dance, but if you read any of my posts, that was what I was dreading the most. I am the biggest daddy''s girl, and I love him so much, and I would tear up just thinking of dancing with him. I didn''t even shed a tear. We had the best time dancing, and danced 2 more songs after that! It was so good...I was so relieved!!!

Our wedding6.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
My goodness what a beautiful bride you were!!! I can''t help but post right now. (I''m guessing you are still uploading photos)

30.gif
LOVE the cake!!!!!
30.gif

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite non pro pic so far...eating our yummy meal.

One suggestion to anyone who loves to dance, we did a receiving line for everyone who went through the buffet. We were forced to talk to everyone (I don''t mean that in a bad way). After our meal right here, they opened up the dance floor, and I never sat down the entire night. Not one second. I even ate my piece of wedding cake on the dance floor. I love to dance, and I wanted to dance at my wedding! So that''s what I did! I don''t have a picture of my kick arse red shoes on here, but there is a picture of them on the wedding shoe thread. They were so cute!!!

Our wedding7.jpg

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Total perfection, congrats!
1.gif

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!

Also, I''m glad someone else *dreaded* the father daughter dance. I was the same way, tearing up everytime I heard the song. Throughout our dance we talked and joked to each take our minds off of it, and we had a wonderful time, and some wonderful pictures. However, a friend got married a short time later and had the same father daughter song for her wedding as I did for mine. And I absolutely...LOST...IT. I was crying at the reception during the song with all the happy memories from my own. Sort of embarrassing, but at the same time, that''s how touching that moment was for me. It sounds like it was the same for you.

Your wedding is *stunning* I love the colors!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
This picture needs an explanation. One of my favorite cousins is in Honduras and couldn''t make it to the wedding. So one of my other cousins bought a Ken doll and taped different faces of Nick on it throughout the night. And we emailed all of the pictures to Nick of course...he was thrilled that he was "at" our wedding. So he ate dinner with us. It''s funny because every once in awhile, a picture of Nick pops up.

Our wedding14.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
OK now on to the fun part. We did normal dancing and after the cake cutting, we did what is called La Hora Loca or Cotillon. It''s at the end of the reception and the DJ hands out different props. They were a big hit. We had top hats (my DH is from New York, so we played Sinatra''s New york, New York when he handed those out), we had those Kanye West glasses, blinky magnets, flower leis, Mardi Gras beads, plastic guitars, etc. It was so much fun. People told us that it was the craziest, most fun reception they had ever been to! I had an absolute BLAST which is why I never sat down the whole night.

Our wedding8.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Too much fun!

Our wedding11.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
My dad and me
36.gif

Our wedding26.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Mis padres...they would kill me if they knew I was posting this!

Our wedding21.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Even Nick made it to the dance floor.

Our wedding24.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results