shape
carat
color
clarity

Lanie''s non pro wedding pics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I''m just realizing how crazy our families must look on here. Both sides are kind of partiers.

Our wedding28.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Ok...this is probably the last one. This shows that I didn''t sit down to eat cake. I was searching for some of my DH and I dancing together (because I promise we did!) but I can''t find any where my mouth isn''t wide open or something like that.

Our wedding27.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lanie, it looks like your wedding was an absolute blast!

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
You two are a great looking couple. That cake looks incredible - wow! Looks like a very fun reception too!

That first picture of you walking down the aisle - oh wow do I love it! Great lighting and mood.

Congratulations!

Treefrog

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Your wedding looks like it was total blast!! You, of course, looked beautiful (not just saying that either
2.gif
). Just so so so much fun!
36.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
What a grand old time you guys had! You looked gorgeous in your dress. Congratulations!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for looking guys! I want to give some advice to brides to be:

1) Honestly, honestly, honestly, little things don''t matter on the wedding day. Just relax and enjoy it and you will still get married. That is the main objective.
2) Everyone says it, but take a step back to enjoy everything around you. It goes by so fast. And before you know it, you are being whisked away to your hotel room, leaving everyone behind.
3) Having said that, getting whisked away to your hotel room is one of the more fun parts of the night.
31.gif

4) No one ever talks about the rehearsal dinner. This was one of my favorite parts of the wedding weekend. It was more relaxed, it was low key, it was okay if you "messed up" or if the groomsmen didn''t come out on time, etc. I remember very vividly saying to my DH, "All of our favorite people in the world are with us in this room right now. I couldn''t be happier" and it''s the truth. It is truly amazing to see everyone make the effort to come and spend the day with you.
5) Wrap up lingerie for the honeymoon in separate packages and have your DH open a different one every night. This was the best piece of advice one of my friends gave me. He had so much fun unwrapping them.
6) The vows were great. Saying them felt good. But the best feeling is after the wedding when you hear your husband say "My wife" for the first time. That really sticks with you. The wedding was a week and a half away, and I can''t explain to you guys how much we love each other on a whole new level. We are a team now. You are a team before, but there''s just something about haivng said those vows and feeling those feelings together that you can''t put into words. I didn''t think we would be different after the wedding, but we are, in such a wonderful, exciting way. I had so much fun planning the wedding (I know, I''m one of the few!) but now I''m just looking forward to relaxing and being with my new husband!!!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, Lanie! You looked beautiful and your wedding appears to have ROCKED!

Reading your last post, gave me goose-bumps!

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Lanie - if these are the ''non-pro'' pixs, I can hardly wait to see your PRO pixs!

You were a gorgeous bride who was surrounded by beautiful family & friends...just as it should be...

Many many warm happy wishes to you and your husband
36.gif

~Allyson

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lanie, you looked absolutely stunning. THAT DRESS!!
30.gif
Many congratulations! Wishing you and your new HUSBAND a wonderful and happy life together!

P.S.: Isn''t it just the best feeling in the world when you use the word ''husband'' for the very first time?! I still can''t get over it, and we''ve been married almost 6 weeks now!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 4:47:17 PM
Author: Lanie
Thanks for looking guys! I want to give some advice to brides to be:

1) Honestly, honestly, honestly, little things don''t matter on the wedding day. Just relax and enjoy it and you will still get married. That is the main objective.

2) Everyone says it, but take a step back to enjoy everything around you. It goes by so fast. And before you know it, you are being whisked away to your hotel room, leaving everyone behind.

3) Having said that, getting whisked away to your hotel room is one of the more fun parts of the night.
31.gif

4) No one ever talks about the rehearsal dinner. This was one of my favorite parts of the wedding weekend. It was more relaxed, it was low key, it was okay if you ''messed up'' or if the groomsmen didn''t come out on time, etc. I remember very vividly saying to my DH, ''All of our favorite people in the world are with us in this room right now. I couldn''t be happier'' and it''s the truth. It is truly amazing to see everyone make the effort to come and spend the day with you.

5) Wrap up lingerie for the honeymoon in separate packages and have your DH open a different one every night. This was the best piece of advice one of my friends gave me. He had so much fun unwrapping them.

6) The vows were great. Saying them felt good. But the best feeling is after the wedding when you hear your husband say ''My wife'' for the first time. That really sticks with you. The wedding was a week and a half away, and I can''t explain to you guys how much we love each other on a whole new level. We are a team now. You are a team before, but there''s just something about haivng said those vows and feeling those feelings together that you can''t put into words. I didn''t think we would be different after the wedding, but we are, in such a wonderful, exciting way. I had so much fun planning the wedding (I know, I''m one of the few!) but now I''m just looking forward to relaxing and being with my new husband!!!

Such a gorgeous wedding. You''re stunning.

And I''m sitting here literally with tearing rolling down after reading everything you just wrote because it gets me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited for my wedding that i just kinda can''t stand it! haha. oh man, i gotta stop PMSing or something, cause i gotta stop crying about everything wedding related!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
you are a gorgeous bride, and the dress... FABU!

The wedding looked wonderful, and the reception... ULTRA FUN!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

You looked beaaaaaaaaauuuutiful, everything looked perfect, love BM dresses, flowers etc...and what a blast! Now that''s the kind of wedding I''d want to go to.

That first pic you posted is really beautiful.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, Lanie, GORGEOUS!!! And you give SUCH great marriage advice! as others have said, you''ve made me that much more excited for my own day....thank you!!! Beautiful wedding!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
I could barely get halfway through the pictures before wanting to comment. You''re right, it is indescribeable. Everything is freaking STUNNING! You look beautiful, the venue, church, just everything! Congratulations!

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
You look gorgeous, and it looks like everyone had so much fun!

You went to Greece? We just got back from our honeymoon in Greece last week! Where were you? We spent four days in Santorini and four days in Athens.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! What a special occasion! I really love the pics from the reception with the props!! Also, I love your advice!!

Congrats!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congrats :) looks like an amazing night and you looked amazing :D can''t wait to see more pics :D
36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Lanie! You are one stunning stunning stunning bride. The dress, the colours, the venue, just perfect! Can''t wait to see tons more pics!!

Congratulations on being married!!!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Everything looked amazing, and girl.. you rocked that dress
9.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Your dress looked amazing, your BM dresses and flowers looked amazing, and your wedding was AMAZING! Everything looked fabulous and too much fun! And you have some great tips
31.gif
Congrats!
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to you and!!!!! Everything looks incredible!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing! I can''t wait to see the pro pics!

AprilD

Shiny_Rock
Lanie - WOW you looked beautiful..... that dress... seriously WOW....

Looked like an amazing party!!!!!

Congrats again!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, your wedding was beautiful and looked so fun at the reception!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
You were such a beautiful bride! The wedding looked like such a blast! I love the fun little things you did, like the Ken doll and the props. Reminds me of my family
9.gif

And the tips you gave brought tears to me eyes. Thanks for the suggestions!

ETA: If you have a minute, things I MUST KNOW:

1) Where did you get your hair piece?! I love it!
2) What is the length/width of your veil? That's exactly what I want.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
You were such a BEAUTIFUL bride!!!!! Congrats!!!! Your wedding looked like it was so much fun! I look forward to your Pro-Pics, too!
I agree about your advice - the rehearsal dinner was such a special time. And everyone needs to have that moment where they just soaked it all in. One of my moments was during the actual ceremony. I took a minute to "scan" with my eyes everything in front of me - and that scan is so vivid in my mind. I looked at each groomsman, the officiant, each of my girls, the ocean, then back to my husband and gave each person enough of a look to etch it in my brain - and it totally worked. It was one of the most amazing moments. We also made sure to do that together as a couple as we sat at our table.

Congrats again! I am so excited for you!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all of the comments girls! It truly was a remarkable night!

Regarding my veil: I had one made from Occansey Designs, but it tore. So my sister in law made this one really fast. It''s cathedral length, so 120 inches long, and I think 40 or 50 wide? I can''t remember. But it wasn''t as wide up by the comb area.

Regarding my hair flower: I had a girl on Etsy design it for me. Just look up "hair fascinator" and a whole bunch of vendors come up. I got my pearl bracelet from there too. I think I''m going to sell both of them eventually.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Guilty Pleasure...we were in Santorini as well! We were probably there at the same time. We were in Athens for 2 days at the front end, Santorini for 5 days, then Athens for another day at the tail end. We stayed in Kamari on Santorini...it was so pretty! We rented a little Fiat one day and drove all around the island exploring the wineries and beaches!!! I miss it! Where did you guys stay?

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Lanie, you looked stunning walking down the aisle. Your cake was beautiful and I hope it was as yummy as it looked in your photos. I liked how you let your BM''s select their dress based on criteria you provided, probably much less of a headache for you!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Everything looks lovely!
36.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results