Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab created gemstones

Inbloom

Rough_Rock
@MamaBee did you get your Stag & Finch stone yet? How is it? I'm getting a royal blue lab cut in the hexagon shape set in one of their rings - got drawn in by their unique and gorgeous facet designs! Would love to see how yours turned out with "in real life" pics!

MamaBee

Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee did you get your Stag & Finch stone yet? How is it? I'm getting a royal blue lab cut in the hexagon shape set in one of their rings - got drawn in by their unique and gorgeous facet designs! Would love to see how yours turned out with "in real life" pics!

I did get it @Inbloom! It’s gorgeous! It is a deeper color than I expected but it’s really pretty. I didn’t want a royal blue..It’s more toned down..which is what I wanted. Maybe it will appear lighter tomorrow when there’s light. There’s no sun today. I’ll try to get a few pics tomorrow..

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock

I have their accidental hybrid light/ medium blue but was definitely curious about the royal blue. Please definitely post it in the show off thread in fashion jewellery once you have it! I'm curious to know how dark it gets, particularly in that unfortunate yellow/orange coloured lighting we almost all have in our homes lol.

Inbloom

Rough_Rock
I have their accidental hybrid light/ medium blue but was definitely curious about the royal blue. Please definitely post it in the show off thread in fashion jewellery once you have it! I'm curious to know how dark it gets, particularly in that unfortunate yellow/orange coloured lighting we almost all have in our homes lol.

The one in your avatar? The color is so pretty! I would love to have one of their Montana sapphires but out of my price range for the dark teal ones still in stock.

My preference is actually as light a royal blue as possible, so that’s what I asked for. Hopefully it’s not too dark in regular lighting!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
The one in your avatar? The color is so pretty! I would love to have one of their Montana sapphires but out of my price range for the dark teal ones still in stock.

My preference is actually as light a royal blue as possible, so that’s what I asked for. Hopefully it’s not too dark in regular lighting!

Yes that's the accident one that I have from them lol. Thank you for the compliment! Your stone sounds like it will be beautiful!! I'm looking forward to seeing it! :D

Yours too!! @MamaBee I'm dying to see it in the other thread!!!! What do you think of it in other lighting? That orange/yellowy kind in particular.

MamaBee

Ideal_Rock
I’m sorry these pics are late..My lab blue gray sapphire has arrived from Stag & Finch. It’s absolute gorgeous. It looks deeper in color than I expected...but it’s so pretty. The color in sunlight is so pretty. Keep in mind it’s not set so it’s tilted. The faceting is not crooked....I got it in the Sirius faceting with the points rounded off. I’m wondering if it will reduce the size because I ordered an 8mm for my setting..I’ll find out when I mail it off to David to set in my previous ering setting. I’m very happy with it..
37F3B785-B4F9-4DE3-BBFA-DECBEBAB659C.jpeg

Attachments

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I’m sorry these pics are late..My lab blue gray sapphire has arrived from Stag & Finch. It’s absolute gorgeous. It looks deeper in color than I expected...but it’s so pretty. The color in sunlight is so pretty. Keep in mind it’s not set so it’s tilted. The faceting is not crooked....I got it in the Sirius faceting with the points rounded off. I’m wondering if it will reduce the size because I ordered an 8mm for my setting..I’ll find out when I mail it off to David to set in my previous ering setting. I’m very happy with it..
37F3B785-B4F9-4DE3-BBFA-DECBEBAB659C.jpeg

Oh that is very pretty!!! I love that! :kiss2:

MamaBee

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I love the faceting! And the color is unique too. Thanks for obliging us with the pics of your beautiful sapphire!

Thank you @Inbloom..I can wait to see it set in my setting. I hope it fits!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry @swaye2010! I didn’t see this until just now. I love the setting..It’s gorgeous...That said...It‘s too big for me...I don’t wear large right hand rings...I have to wear it on my left hand...I think I would have held out for a larger asscher and did a simpler setting. It’s so gorgeous...but doesn’t fit my lifestyle. I haven’t decided what to do with it yet because every time I take it out to wear I’m mesmerized by it...I basically don’t have any place to wear a ring that big. I know that sounds crazy.

Thanks for letting me know. It was such a beautiful stone! I went and bought a lab one from Tianyu that was 2.70 and I didn’t know if I should do a halo in rounds or baguettes. I want it smaller than my avatar one so I can have a daily wear one. It is so hard when you can’t see it all in person.

I look forward to seeing your finished ring once David is done with it. I am so happy to see all the orders with Bryan. I am going to interview him for my Reddit series on our moissanite and lab gemstones pages over there.

MamaBee

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for letting me know. It was such a beautiful stone! I went and bought a lab one from Tianyu that was 2.70 and I didn’t know if I should do a halo in rounds or baguettes. I want it smaller than my avatar one so I can have a daily wear one. It is so hard when you can’t see it all in person.

I look forward to seeing your finished ring once David is done with it. I am so happy to see all the orders with Bryan. I am going to interview him for my Reddit series on our moissanite and lab gemstones pages over there.

Thank you @swaye2000 The lab sapphire is going into a tapered baguette setting I had made by a fancy jeweler before getting a new one done by David. The one I’m using now swallowed up my diamond and made it look so small. Since the setting is still pretty and was pricey I decided to keep it and set it with the sapphire. I can’t wait to get it! I’m just hoping that it will fit. The Sirius faceting had points all around
the edges. I asked him to round them off. Now I don’t know if the stone will fit. Haha

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Jewels Of The Week: February 2021
    Jewels Of The Week: February 2021
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.