shape
carat
color
clarity

Kittybean''s Emerald Cut Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Fantabulous!!!
That 2.1 looks gianormous on that tiny finger of yours!!! I love it!
And I have to say... you have gorgeously manicured nails! I miss manicures!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 8:58:43 PM
Author: RxTechRN2b
I don''t know how I missed seeing your ring before. Those little rounds give a sort of lacey look to the ring, while the N/S set of the emerald lengthen your slender finger even more. The effect is very delicate and feminine even though you are sporting a large stone! Your fiance chose the perfect ring to complement your hand.

Thank you! I will definitely pass the compliment on to him. He will be very pleased to hear it.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 9:56:32 PM
Author: LuckyTexan
Fantabulous!!!

That 2.1 looks gianormous on that tiny finger of yours!!! I love it!

And I have to say... you have gorgeously manicured nails! I miss manicures!!!

Thanks so much! I like the size a lot =). I actually don't get many manicures. I almost always do my nails myself, even the French manicures. It is such a luxury to get them done for special occasions!

ETA: By the way, I LOVE your new radiant.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 8:38:54 PM
Author: waterlilly
SO BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats!! It fits your fingers/hands perfectly - 2 side stones on each side are just the right size. You must be on cloud 9!

I have definitely been on Cloud 9 for the last few weeks. Thanks for the nice comments! I like the 2 side stones on each side as well--enough finger coverage, but no prongs digging into my hand. Now the hunt for the perfect wedding band begins!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 8:21:37 PM
Author: MMT

Thats a really beautiful ring. It looks huge. He bought that on his own? Wow. I wouldn''t be able to stop looking at it if I were you. At least you know you''ll never need an upgrade. Congrats!!!

I am so proud of him for picking it on his own, especially after hearing about the process from him and finding out how much time and effort went into making it perfect for me. I absolutely can''t stop staring at it; I think I have enough there to entertain me for years. The size and beauty of the stone completely surpassed my expectations.

Thanks so much for your kind words and congratulations.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Really classic and pretty ring, and my wow, you have hand-model hands! (jealous
15.gif
)
Many happy returns for your engagement!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Gorgous ring!!! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its stunning and a beautiful variation with the rounds on a classic style!!! Love it!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
It really is an incredible ring, sweetie. Love the new pictures (esp. the first and last ones you posted)! It is so elegant, and looks amazing on you! Congrats again on your engagement, darlin''!
1.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kittybean,

First of all warmest congrats on your engagement!

Second of all, WOW
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Your ring is scrumptuous!!
I love love love it!!!
It's a knockout and wear it in health and happiness
36.gif

Best wishes,
Missy

Maverick315

Rough_Rock
I love, love, LOVE your setting! I''ve been stalking PS for months now and I do believe your setting is my all-time fave!

I have been looking for basically this exact setting, but for a RB center stone about the same size. Was this custom or is it a designer I can find?

I haven''t found anything quite like it yet. I like that your stones are basket-set, or open...so many similar settings have too much heavy metal for my taste or are more pave with smaller stones. Yours is perfect!

Any thoughts on the wedding band yet?

IluvEmeralds

Shiny_Rock
KittyBean- first of all CONGRATS on your enagement...may you have many years of happiness.

Secondly, as a fellow EC girl myself...WOW that ring is just GORGEOUS...I wouldn''t be able to stop staring either if I was you. Enjoy it....
9.gif
\

sparkleslee

Rough_Rock
beautiful ring!
and of course, congratulations on the engagement!
36.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
yours is now the top in my list of faves on here

ootori227

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful setting! Diamond looks huge on you!!
Congratulations!

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/15/2008 10:23:08 AM
Author: Maverick315
I love, love, LOVE your setting! I''ve been stalking PS for months now and I do believe your setting is my all-time fave!

I have been looking for basically this exact setting, but for a RB center stone about the same size. Was this custom or is it a designer I can find?

I haven''t found anything quite like it yet. I like that your stones are basket-set, or open...so many similar settings have too much heavy metal for my taste or are more pave with smaller stones. Yours is perfect!

ditto to what Maverick315 said. your ring is just STUNNING!!! congrats on your perfect ring!

could we get some more info on the setting, pleasseeeee?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 8:27:35 AM
Author: waitingpatiently
Date: 8/15/2008 10:23:08 AM

Author: Maverick315

ditto to what Maverick315 said. your ring is just STUNNING!!! congrats on your perfect ring!

could we get some more info on the setting, pleasseeeee?
Of course you can have some more info on the setting! I never saw Maverick''s question, so I''m happy to deliver more info now.

It is the four-stone engagement ring setting from Blue Nile. You can look at it online here. I actually didn''t like how it looked when I saw it online, but believe me, it is amazing in person. The 4 .15ct RBs in the setting are G-H color, VS2 clarity, and they look just as white as the E color center stone. The metal in the setting is 950 platinum. The ring is now a size 2.5, sized down from the original 3.25.

There is a matching wedding band (a five-stone ring with RBs), but I am hesitant to get it because of the issues I have heard people having with shared-prong rings rubbing against each other and eating into the diamonds and metal on rings worn on the same finger.

Thanks for the compliments and interest in my ring!

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
oooooooooooo! I''ve been eyeing this setting on BN and was wondering what it would actually look like! thanks so much for sharing!!!

i love it!! did you get the matching band?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 6:24:52 PM
oooooooooooo! I''ve been eyeing this setting on BN and was wondering what it would actually look like! thanks so much for sharing!!!

i love it!! did you get the matching band?

Thanks for your kind words!

I haven''t gotten the matching band. I''m pretty concerned about the risk of the two shared-prong settings eating away at each other. I haven''t started a full-on wedding band search yet, but I have some ideas. I''ll probably ask for help from PSers once I know what the budget will be.

P.S. Isn''t the real thing so much prettier than the CAD image Blue Nile has?

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
totally! those pics on the website TOTALLY do not do this ring justice!!!!!

kittybean....sorry for all the questions....

but you said that your side stones were .15 (.60tcw minus center stone) but the blue nile site says that the ring is .37tcw. did you request certain sized sidestones? obviously, changing the tcw changes the price of the setting, correct? i don''t mean to pry at all, but if you don''t mind...how much was the setting alone (w/o center stone)?

wow...i just can''t get enough.....
30.gif
37.gif
30.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 9:45:19 PM

but you said that your side stones were .15 (.60tcw minus center stone) but the blue nile site says that the ring is .37tcw. did you request certain sized sidestones? obviously, changing the tcw changes the price of the setting, correct? i don''t mean to pry at all, but if you don''t mind...how much was the setting alone (w/o center stone)?

30.gif
37.gif
30.gif
You aren''t prying at all! This is why I love PS--people are happy to answer diamond questions. There are couple ctw you can have with this setting. It comes in 3/8 ct, 5/8 ct, and 3/4 ct. Mine is the 5/8 ct setting, which contains no less than .58 ct of diamonds in the setting. At this time, the 5/8 ct four-stone setting appears to be $2150.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is incredible....really. I wish i had beautiful hands like you - they really showcase it so well - congratulations!

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/15/2008 11:58:48 PM
Author: kittybean

Date: 9/15/2008 9:45:19 PM

30.gif
37.gif
30.gif
You aren''t prying at all! This is why I love PS--people are happy to answer diamond questions. There are couple ctw you can have with this setting. It comes in 3/8 ct, 5/8 ct, and 3/4 ct. Mine is the 5/8 ct setting, which contains no less than .58 ct of diamonds in the setting. At this time, the 5/8 ct four-stone setting appears to be $2150.
ooooooooo. now i see. i wasn''t scrolling far enough. haha. silly me!
19.gif

Thanks so much for all your help!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love the emerald cut and RB combo.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Ahem... Attention please.... Attention please...

Please remember to put on your sunglasses before viewing this ring... hehehehehe

36.gif

It''s absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so very much for the positive comments, everyone! It makes me so happy to read them, and it makes FI even happier to hear about them.

Thanks specifically to those I haven''t already thanked: akmiss, scb970, Isabelle, RoseRed, Ms.Dreamy, vespergirl, Anchor31, StephensBride, MMT, waterlilly, RxTechRN2b, LuckyTexan, arjunajane, chiquitapet, Lorelei, Gwendolyn, missy, Maverick315, ILuvEmeralds, sparkleslee, radiantquest, ootori227, waiting patiently, violet3, MC, Diva0413

Note: Our insurance policy came today, and we realized that the GIA-assessed clarity of the stone is VVS2, not VS1 as FI originally remembered. I was pretty excited to learn that--even through the loupe it looked perfect to me!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Wowzers, it''s AMAZING! Very cool about the VVS too!
1.gif

sugary

Rough_Rock
Kittybean!

I''ve been admiring your ring and my BF announced last night (after reading thu many entries in this forum) that perhaps he should play it safe and go ring hunting with me. While he announced that it will be a total surprise (the ring and the proposal) he wants to see what would turn heads, mine included. I love the emerald cut with the side stones. I was contemplating instead of a center diamond, perhaps an emerald or sapphire instead. My ring size is about a 4 and I was worried if the size of the center stone and the sidestones would be rubbing against the adjacant fingers. It would hard to tell when trying on rings because they are always too large to tell. ALso how well do you think the platinum setting sets off the stones? I have some friends whose platimun setting are showing signs of wear (looking a little dull and dings believe it or not?!)

Bu the way which dress did you finally decide on? They were all stuning. My mother has a friend who works for Sarah Houston in Toronto and she promised that I could get her to design a wedding dress for me!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2008 9:46:48 AM
Author: sugary
Kittybean!

I''ve been admiring your ring and my BF announced last night (after reading thu many entries in this forum) that perhaps he should play it safe and go ring hunting with me. While he announced that it will be a total surprise (the ring and the proposal) he wants to see what would turn heads, mine included. I love the emerald cut with the side stones. I was contemplating instead of a center diamond, perhaps an emerald or sapphire instead. My ring size is about a 4 and I was worried if the size of the center stone and the sidestones would be rubbing against the adjacant fingers. It would hard to tell when trying on rings because they are always too large to tell. ALso how well do you think the platinum setting sets off the stones? I have some friends whose platimun setting are showing signs of wear (looking a little dull and dings believe it or not?!)

Bu the way which dress did you finally decide on? They were all stuning. My mother has a friend who works for Sarah Houston in Toronto and she promised that I could get her to design a wedding dress for me!
Hi Surgary - I read your thread and wanted to let you know that while a sapphire is an excellent choice for an e-ring, an emerald, unfortunately is not. They are not nearly hard enough, nor durable enough to be worn as an everyday ring. But you could consider a tsavorite garnet which has a beautiful green color and is more durable.

sugary

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice. I have sooo much to learn about precious gems.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results