carat
color
clarity

Kindly comment on my first purchase

leungdarren

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

First time posting here!
Also first time buying a diamond, it is for proposal, will really like to know if this diamond is good or not.
I bought it before I stumble across this website, would have asked here first if I've known earlier, but too late now, hope I made the right decision.
But still want to get any genuine comments regarding it, will be very much appreciated! :tongue:
I bought it for US$8553

GIA 6222861336

Round
D
VS2
3EX
None

Thank you!!!!!!

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just put the numbers from the GIA report in the HCA, and it scored a 1.8, meaning it's a top performing diamond. I can't comment on price, though. Great choice!
Read more here:
https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

leungdarren

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your reply!
I tried it out, but seems the number can go all the way down to 0.5 or lower and 2 being the top, my 1.8 seems just passed, is there big difference between 1.8 and 0.5?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
leungdarren|1473782062|4075891 said:
Thank you for your reply!
I tried it out, but seems the number can go all the way down to 0.5 or lower and 2 being the top, my 1.8 seems just passed, is there big difference between 1.8 and 0.5?

No, the goal is not to get as close to zero.

Within the HCA score of less than 2, there are different flavors of cut that come from different angle combinations that may appear slightly different. Someone who looks at a lot of superideal diamonds may prefer one type over another. But the HCA isn't a selection tool, you are just looking to reject stones that score greater than 2.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results