shape
carat
color
clarity

Kelpie's blowout blingapalooza!

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kelpie!

You have a gorgeous collection!! I just dropped you a message through DB but thought I'd better contact you here as well as sometimes my DB message goes to the spam mailbox, so please check.

Anyway, do you have the dimensions of the circlet diamond halo pendant? What is the diameter of the pendant as well as the inner diamond?

Look forward to your reply! :wavey:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
happybear|1316991903|3025402 said:
Hi Kelpie!

You have a gorgeous collection!! I just dropped you a message through DB but thought I'd better contact you here as well as sometimes my DB message goes to the spam mailbox, so please check.

Anyway, do you have the dimensions of the circlet diamond halo pendant? What is the diameter of the pendant as well as the inner diamond?

Thanks! I wrote you back. I'll get you dimensions tomorrow!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
oh my goodness Kelpie I want your 3 ring set but I'm a size 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why why WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
vintagelover229|1316991113|3025393 said:
Gone for the first weekend in a long time an I missed out on the JKT ring AGAIN! First time it was listed I guess you bought it and I'm not surprised the least bit it went back to the first owner. Whoever the first owner is if you ever decide to resell it again PLEASE let me know. I've had my eye on that one for a long time!

Your pieces are beautiful :love: Good luck with the sale! :appl:
So sorry! It was quite hilarious because she wrote me not realizing it was her ring but thought it was exactly her taste. I could have asked more I know but I felt like I owed her first right of refusal ( even if she didn't know it was hers!) and we worked a fair trade. We are still both laughing! She said just watch how many time she ends up buying and selling it!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1316992823|3025415 said:
oh my goodness Kelpie I want your 3 ring set but I'm a size 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why why WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the engagement could sized by adding gold, too thin to strech. The others, def not but I'll split it up....$300 for the OEC ring.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wink2: I sent you a message too! :devil: :halo:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
*I* sent you a message too!! My neighbor is dying for your 3 rings. Man, you're gonna start a brawl with those puppies!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sent you a message for the DBTY! Seriously, bill me it'll be paid tonight!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1317002928|3025537 said:
Sent you a message for the DBTY! Seriously, bill me it'll be paid tonight!

;( I just asked DH if I could have $400, he laughed at me and said the Finance Committee had denied my request. Enjoy it for me!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Kelpie, your pieces and prices are great. I'm restraining myself from emailing you... but I HAVE to be good and save my budget for my center stone.

But um... I REALLY love the setting for the sapphire. Is it in good enough condition for me to pull the sapphire and replace it with another stone? I'd like to know if it's worth ditching the sapphire and using the setting for my 'future' OEC. It's very elegant.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kelpie, I sent you a message through DB about the necklace (I'm lena235 there). Hope to hear from you soon.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1317005483|3025582 said:
Hi Kelpie, your pieces and prices are great. I'm restraining myself from emailing you... but I HAVE to be good and save my budget for my center stone.

But um... I REALLY love the setting for the sapphire. Is it in good enough condition for me to pull the sapphire and replace it with another stone? I'd like to know if it's worth ditching the sapphire and using the setting for my 'future' OEC. It's very elegant.
The condition is great. Looks nearly new for a vintage ring. I have worn it 2x since i had the sapphire set and its fresh and polished. It definately deserves a better center but tough to call since you don't know what stone you're adopting yet, right?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
question for the peanut gallery: people are going crazy like black Friday at walmart for the BDTY necklace but almost everyone wants more info and neck pics so it's not sold yet ( will post these soon). What do you all think is a fair way to handle this, offer it to people in the order they wrote me or cancel the BD listing and start an eBay auction so everyone has an equal shot? Or sell to the first person who was like, " let's go, paypal, I'm ready!"?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Ah, I'm laughing so hard because last year I tried to sell that OEC ring forever! I listed it over and over for weeks and not one person wrote to ask about it. Now that they're "en vogue" everyone is drooling over it. I think it's got a home...I wrote you with my paypal info to send a deposit. :D

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
More info on the DBTY necklace to address questions and requests for more pics:

This is from a local jeweler. I scrutinized it and I can spot some inclusions in some of the stones from 6' away but let's hope few people will be up close a personal on your neck like that. The cut on the stones is very good, the appraiser calls them "ideal" but I know what ideal looks like and they aren't that. I took some super zoom pics where they look like a horror movie...some how my camera skills made them look super dead and fugly, but they aren't at all. They roll around on the neck a lot (which is why I'm selling) and even the culet side up can throw fire quite like a rose cut. The necklace is in great condition. This has 8 stones which must be about 11 points each..... I roughly measured them and the reading was between 2.5mm and 2.75mm...not that they are different sizes my tool is just not super precise.

Sorry the "neck shot" is with my phone and should just be used to judge proportions.

neck.JPG

011.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
happybear|1316991903|3025402 said:
Hi Kelpie!

Hi Happybear! It's 10mm total and the center stone is about 4.35mm. I think I have a buyer willing to take the whole necklace though.

happybear

Shiny_Rock
kelpie|1317039199|3025744 said:
Hi Happybear! It's 10mm total and the center stone is about 4.35mm. I think I have a buyer willing to take the whole necklace though.

Thanks for getting back to me on the dimensions, Kelpie!
I understand it's easier to just sell the whole necklace. It's too pretty to be taken apart anyway. Hope the buyer will love it as much as you did!

Again, what a beautiful collection you have!

I'm tempted with your DBTY too..... :D

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kelpie,

I just sent you a message on DB. Thanks.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
The trio of rings, the halo pendant, and the JTK ring are sold pending completion of payment. Still looking for peanut gallery advice on the DBTY. Geez what makes you all think it's so awesome? Well it is awesome but seriously, I've gotten like 13 emails and I don't know how to handle it!

Still have more goodies I've yet to list.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix|1317047805|3025808 said:
Hi Kelpie,

I just sent you a message on DB. Thanks.

Got your message. Thank you! There's a lot of interest though and I'm trying to field it in a fair way. Not trying to start a bidding war I just want people to have a fair shot. Wondering if an ebay auction starting $.99 would be fair to everyone? What do people think? Offer to the first respondant and go in order? or Asscherhalolover who is like "OMG I don't need anything just take my money already!!" ?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
To be fair I would honestly sell the DBTY necklace to the first person who can put down the deposit.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1317048059|3025810 said:
Still looking for peanut gallery advice on the DBTY. Geez what makes you all think it's so awesome? Well it is awesome but seriously, I've gotten like 13 emails and I don't know how to handle it!
Hee. It *IS* awesome ... but I think what you have there is an item that has been on a TON of people's back-burner. Like, if I ever saw one for a good price I'd snatch it up but might not be actively LOOKING for one to buy full retail. You know? So *everyone* who has had that on their one-day-wish-list was like WHAT'S UP!????

Since I'm an interested party I can't give peanut gallery advice though! :bigsmile:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1317048642|3025813 said:
To be fair I would honestly sell the DBTY necklace to the first person who can put down the deposit.

That's what I generally do and it is fair...but it's generally a ton of people drop in to ask questions and never commit. People are chomping at the bit. Everyone seems like a serious buyer. I don't think I priced it insanely low or anything, it's a good deal but at $400 it's not like I'm giving it away. Momma just needs to pay for her new purse!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1317048794|3025817 said:
kelpie|1317048059|3025810 said:
Still looking for peanut gallery advice on the DBTY. Geez what makes you all think it's so awesome? Well it is awesome but seriously, I've gotten like 13 emails and I don't know how to handle it!
Hee. It *IS* awesome ... but I think what you have there is an item that has been on a TON of people's back-burner. Like, if I ever saw one for a good price I'd snatch it up but might not be actively LOOKING for one to buy full retail. You know? So *everyone* who has had that on their one-day-wish-list was like WHAT'S UP!????

Since I'm an interested party I can't give peanut gallery advice though! :bigsmile:

My sentiments precisely. :))

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1317048642|3025813 said:

Yep.

FWIW, I'm one of the many people who have contacted you! lol But, since that was just 10 minutes ago, looks like I'm pretty far down on the list. Also, like Deco said, it's one of those items we all want but might not be #1 on our wish lists. Earrings are #1 on mine... so the necklace would be an item I'd consider at a really good price! ;-)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I was selling the necklace I would offer it to the first person who showed interest in it and work from there down the list. I wouldn't put it on ebay because the price might end up more than $400 - it would be good for you but not so good for the person who wanted to buy it at that price and then might not be able to afford it.

ETA I'm not one of the interested parties :)
(only because i've no money at the minute though!)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On ebay you'll have both ebay fees at approx 10% and paypal fees. I haven't contacted you so have no vested interest. I'd go with the 1st person who gives you the money. It's an easier sale for you that way, and selling to a PSer would be very nice!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Maisie|1317058698|3025965 said:
If I was selling the necklace I would offer it to the first person who showed interest in it and work from there down the list. I wouldn't put it on ebay because the price might end up more than $400 - it would be good for you but not so good for the person who wanted to buy it at that price and then might not be able to afford it.

ETA I'm not one of the interested parties :)
(only because i've no money at the minute though!)

This is what I did, it's gone to the second (and most persistent) user who contacted me. Lord I'm glad she got to buy it because I might have had to get a restraining order otherwise! Fortunately I'm safe in the wilds of Africa! ;))

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I wasn't kidding when I said I had a ton more!

http://diamondbistro.com/category/214/Eternity-Rings/listings/23310/80-WG-milgrain-bezel-eternity-band-size-45.html

$400

.80 WG milgrain bezel eternity band size 4.5 (Item #: 23310)

This is a very sparkly band with great presence on the hand. I think it's size 4.5...not tall or pokey but it has milgrain edges which can feel a little rough on your sides. I get used to it if I wear it often enough but I don't really wear it much, I just have too much stuff! It's about 2.5mm wide and stands 2mm off the finger. The stones are very bright SI clarity round brilliants. if I squint and can see some white inclusions up close in a few of them. It's at least .80 CTW but perhaps more. The close up pics make the stones appear grey, but it's just reflection of the black camera. I don't think it's marked but it's white gold, probably 14k. It's super duper blingy!

024.JPG

028.JPG

021.JPG

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Why???? Why???? Why must I be a size 7??????
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results