shape
carat
color
clarity

Kelpie's blowout blingapalooza!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
Since I just got ripped off my husband suggested I clean out my jewelry box so it doesn't sting so much. I have a ton more to list so please check back, especially if you are ring size 4-4.5. Also DB is not saving the descriptions I add so please look for them below. Good thing this forum exists now as a work-around.

The following terms apply to all my listings.

Paypal accepted, price includes shipping. The sale is final. Final means final so ask away for questions and pictures and I promise I’ll respond.
I prefer to ship the week of October 10th since I’ll be in the U.S.A then. I completely understand if you don’t want to pay right now for something I won’t ship for two weeks so I’m happy to offer layaway for a 20% deposit which must be paid in full before October 10.


My listings:

http://diamondbistro.com/other/819/seller.html
 

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
http://diamondbistro.com/category/216/Natural-Diamond-Center/listings/23269/Trio-of-rings-for-the-lucky-size-425-30ct-OEC.html

$500
Here’s a lovely set of yellow gold rings for size 4.25. I’m not positive of the exact size of each but they all fit me perfectly and that’s my preferred size. I'm sure that's the size of the eternity if you are concerned about fit. I am willing to break them up but since they go so well together I thought I’d see if anyone wants them as a set.

14k twist eternity band from kylie ann metals on etsy

14k eternity. let’s see, I think the specs are 43 diamonds for a total weight of .49ct and 1.6 grams. The stones are somewhere around Si2 but they do have respectable sparkle when kept clean which I couldn’t capture.

And the star of the collection, a Victorian engagement ring. This ring will take you to a bygone era! The old European cut diamond is conservatively graded as .30 I SI1 and is completely eye clean. It was cut circa 1890 and measures 4.06-4.27x2.69
I had it set in a 10k antique victorian setting which is that yellow gold with that Victorian hint of pink.

gemsforsale 052.JPG

gemsforsale 061.JPG
 

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
http://diamondbistro.com/category/211/Earrings/listings/23271/Art-Nouveau-drop-earrings-with-big-OMC-cushions!!!.html

$550

These art nouveau earrings are 14k white gold with safety clasps. Set on point are two very generously sized old mine cut cushion diamonds. They measure at least 4.5mm square, maybe closer to 5mm making them approximately 1 carat total weight but could also be something more like .80 TDW. They haven’t been weighed so I can’t guarantee the weight and it's hard to tell with these deeper old cuts. They are BIG diamonds for the price though! The diamonds have chips, abrasions, and surface reaching inclusions eye visible on close inspection but on the ear all you see is sparkle! One of the stones has a carbon spot smack dab over the culet, and it’s really hard to tell that it’s not actually the culet. It also has a large indented natural on one of the crown facets.

gemsforsale 042.JPG
 

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
http://diamondbistro.com/category/211/Earrings/listings/23272/55-double-prong-diamond-14k-WG-stud-earrings.html

$315

These are a great pair of studs on the cheap! I bought them from a jeweler as .55 CTW G SI2. I'm not a jeweler so I can't attest to the specs but they look like good quality, nice cut, and are eyeclean to my sharp eyes. Slight bend in at least one post as shown. Hardly worth mentioning but I want to be as accurate as possible. The backings are a bit flimsy, I think they are replacements. I wonder if they might be more like .50CTW...I checked the measurements and it's about 4.10mm so please go off that.

gemsforsale 054.JPG
 

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Messages
2,047
kelpie|1316962273|3025014 said:
http://diamondbistro.com/category/216/Natural-Diamond-Center/listings/23269/Trio-of-rings-for-the-lucky-size-425-30ct-OEC.html

$500
Here’s a lovely set of yellow gold rings for size 4.25. I’m not positive of the exact size of each but they all fit me perfectly and that’s my preferred size. I'm sure that's the size of the eternity if you are concerned about fit. I am willing to break them up but since they go so well together I thought I’d see if anyone wants them as a set.

14k twist eternity band from kylie ann metals on etsy

14k eternity. let’s see, I think the specs are 43 diamonds for a total weight of .49ct and 1.6 grams. The stones are somewhere around Si2 but they do have respectable sparkle when kept clean which I couldn’t capture.

And the star of the collection, a Victorian engagement ring. This ring will take you to a bygone era! The old European cut diamond is conservatively graded as .30 I SI1 and is completely eye clean. It was cut circa 1890 and measures 4.06-4.27x2.69
I had it set in a 10k antique victorian setting which is that yellow gold with that Victorian hint of pink.

what a lovely set. I wish I have small finger size.. :blackeye:
 

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
http://diamondbistro.com/category/219/Colored-Center-Stone/listings/23274/Lilac-Precision-Gem-Tourmaline-in-JTK-925750.html

$300

This is a beautiful tourmaline that is a blush lilac pink cushion stunningly cut to perfection by Gene Flanigan. I am absolutely in love with the stone but not the setting so I'm selling it. I forget the weight...pretty sure it's between 2.5 and 3 cts. It measures over 8 mm. Absolutely amazing stone that's hardly been worn. I would reset it if tourmalines weren't so notoriously fragile. The setting is nice too but it's not my style. It's a sterling silver bridge setting by Julia Taylor Kay with a rose (the yellow side of rose) gold bezel and accents. Size is approximately 6.5.

ETA- Sold, this ring is going to be reunited with it's previous owner! :))

gemsforsale 034.JPG
 

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 4, 2010
Messages
9,667
kelpie you have some gorgeous pieces! too bad I am not a size 4.25 and too bad I am on a grad student budget :)

PS I have been following your thread in CS and hope you get your money back.
 

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
Thanks SLG! Many more things to list. Blarg, taking pics and writing descriptions has taken all day!
 

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Jun 19, 2010
Messages
3,468
Your stuff is going to fly off the shelves! You've priced them so well! If I wasn't on a spending hiatus, I'd be all over a few of them.
 

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
12,503
aww Kelpie! i would totally buy the oec set from you, unfortunately, I'm on a strict five stone project right now that will be my last jewelry piece for at least three years shoot! ;(
 

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Sep 3, 2009
Messages
7,768
Such pretty pieces, Kelpie! I love the 3-ring set -- don't think they'd fit my little pinky. Waaahhh.

They'll go fast -- good pics & you've priced them very well. Are you planning a project w/all the loot you make? Hope you do something REAL NICE for yourself -- you've earned it after your RH trials.

--- Laurie
 

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 15, 2007
Messages
13,166
I wish I was a 4.25. I'd buy that trio in a HEARTBEAT.

I bet they'll sell super fast, Kelpie. And I'm sorry to hear that you were ripped off. I really hope that's resolved soon!
 

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 27, 2011
Messages
290
kelpie! your yellow gold trio of rings is gorgeous. i am a size 4 and live in the DC area :) (on your diamond bistro listing you put washington dc as the location...is that where you will be when you come to the states?)

is it still available?

alexa
 

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
D&T|1316969984|3025127 said:
aww Kelpie! i would totally buy the oec set from you, unfortunately, I'm on a strict five stone project right now that will be my last jewelry piece for at least three years shoot! ;(
Anything to trade? Though warning, that is YOUR twist band :lol:
 

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
atp223|1316980592|3025267 said:
kelpie! your yellow gold trio of rings is gorgeous. i am a size 4 and live in the DC area :) (on your diamond bistro listing you put washington dc as the location...is that where you will be when you come to the states?)

is it still available?

alexa

Hi Alexa,
Yes and Yes! :bigsmile:
 

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
JewelFreak|1316970616|3025140 said:
Such pretty pieces, Kelpie! I love the 3-ring set -- don't think they'd fit my little pinky. Waaahhh.

They'll go fast -- good pics & you've priced them very well. Are you planning a project w/all the loot you make? Hope you do something REAL NICE for yourself -- you've earned it after your RH trials.

--- Laurie
Thanks Laurie! I feel guilty about buying a $500 purse in JoBurg a few days ago. I never thought I'd own a $500 purse but the leather was so devine. Plus, you know how angry I was and in need of retail therapy. :nono: So I hope at least I sell $500 so pay for that (plus my loss but don't remind me). When I got home I found that I had ordered one Kate Spade purse for a friend and they sent me two. So two new beautiful handbags to feel guilty about even if one was free. Besides that I have those stones from Gene with the earrings for sidesides being set I need to pay for at some point....I'm really looking forward to those being complete!
 

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 27, 2011
Messages
290
kelpie - thanks for responding so quickly! i must discuss with soon-to-be FI, as we are in the process of combining finances and he may kill me especially because he just bought my engagement ring, and i was supposed to stop "looking at diamonds" after that (oops) but i will let you know! if you sell to someone else in the meantime, do not worry! is contacting you via this forum the best way?

thanks!
 

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
atp223|1316982626|3025300 said:
kelpie - thanks for responding so quickly! i must discuss with soon-to-be FI, as we are in the process of combining finances and he may kill me especially because he just bought my engagement ring, and i was supposed to stop "looking at diamonds" after that (oops) but i will let you know! if you sell to someone else in the meantime, do not worry! is contacting you via this forum the best way?

thanks!
Thanks! It is so hard to stop shopping for diamonds which is why I have all this loot, for better or worse! I'll check this thread but if you want to email me do it through the diamond bistro system. Although that doesn't always tell me I have mail so contacting me in both places is best!
 

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 29, 2011
Messages
1,723
Kelpie, you're killing me! I want EVERYTHING, but I also have a man in my life who would not be impressed with new jewelry showing up right now.
 

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
New listing for Big azz earrings!
http://diamondbistro.com/category/211/Earrings/listings/23282/Big-azz-earrings.html

Big azz earrings
$100
These are some huge earrings. I don’t think I’ve ever worn them, I bought them as backups for my wedding incase my custom ones weren’t done in time. They each have 7 diamonds (but they’re frankly dead) and a voluptuous oval paired with a pendulous pear. I think the stones are irradiated quartz. I consider this “real” costume jewelry for people like me who hate wearing fakes. In any case they are stylish and have a lot of 14k white gold in them!

gemsforsale 080.JPG
 

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
Still more to come!

http://diamondbistro.com/category/197/Necklaces-and-Pendants/listings/23283/Circlet-diamond-halo-pendant-49CTW-14K-WG.html

$350
Circlet diamond halo pendant .49CTW 14K WG

I took the best parts of several necklaces to make this. It’s really hefty and good quality, I wish I had a scale because I bet the scrap value alone is high! The pendant is 14k WG…I think it is an antique perhaps from the 1950’s, the milgrain has started to wear away in places. The center diamond is at least .25…probably more. It’s a nice quality stone! The halo is at least another .24. The chain and clasp are super sturdy and weighty for a “delicate” piece. Not the kind that will snap in two when your toddler grabs it to admire its sparkliness! The length is short, about 15.25”.

gemsforsale 067.JPG
 

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
http://diamondbistro.com/category/219/Colored-Center-Stone/listings/23284/Inky-sapphire-in-18k-vintage-fishtail-setting.html

$150

Inky sapphire in 18k vintage fishtail setting.

The sapphire is from Uli and it’s 6mm. I’ll tell you straight, it’s not a quality stone and the price reflects that most of the value is in the lovely setting. It’s a dark inky blue with color zoning. Close to opaque. It’s my traveling ring! The size is something like 4-4.5. The 18K white gold setting has an $ marking which could be an $ or maybe an L or I superimposed over an S. My first thought was it was for Stuller but I really don’t know. It’s recently polished.

sapphire.jpg
 

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 8, 2008
Messages
2,362
Last one for tonight:
http://diamondbistro.com/category/197/Necklaces-and-Pendants/listings/23286/88CTW-G-SI-DBTY-necklace-14k-WG-18%EF%BF%BD.html

$400

.88CTW G SI DBTY necklace 14k WG 18”

Ah this necklace is gorgeous. Unfortunately in my OCD ways I can’t stand how oily the bezeled stones get as the roll around on the neck when worn. So subtle and lovely for day or evening though! It comes with an appraisal from Gemological Appraisers of America for $1800 which describes it as:
Diamond Fashion Necklace 0.88 CTW 14k white gold eyeglass bezel. 8 ideal cut round brilliant diamonds. Color G. Clarity SI1/SI2. 18 inches. Conflict free diamonds.
This is a bargain!

gemsforsale 075.JPG
 

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Nov 12, 2004
Messages
6,183
Hi Kelpie!!

All of your stuff is so gorg!!!!! Was wondering if you have any neckshots of the DBTY neclace....Thanks so much!!! :))
 

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
3,518
Gone for the first weekend in a long time an I missed out on the JKT ring AGAIN! First time it was listed I guess you bought it and I'm not surprised the least bit it went back to the first owner. Whoever the first owner is if you ever decide to resell it again PLEASE let me know. I've had my eye on that one for a long time!

Your pieces are beautiful :love: Good luck with the sale! :appl:
 

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
12,503
kelpie|1316981503|3025279 said:
D&T|1316969984|3025127 said:
aww Kelpie! i would totally buy the oec set from you, unfortunately, I'm on a strict five stone project right now that will be my last jewelry piece for at least three years shoot! ;(
Anything to trade? Though warning, that is YOUR twist band :lol:

lol... funny I was wondering if that was my twist band.. I actually miss it here and there :wacko: but I really really wanted that OEC ring ;(

eeek... unfortunately I've consolidated all of my stuff already :halo: , but boy honey you sure have amazing pieces!!!!
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    December Birthstones 2021 - Zircon, Turquoise, and Tanzanite
    December Birthstones 2021 - Zircon, Turquoise, and Tanzanite - 12/01
    "Not so Fast!" says Mother Nature
    "Not so Fast!" says Mother Nature - 11/29
    Jewels of the Week: November 2021
    Jewels of the Week: November 2021 - 11/26
Top