shape
carat
color
clarity

Keep or send back?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pressed side by side and tucked under the marquise a little is how I see it in my head! lol

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It might work because you now have side coverage and the height is about 8 mm.
5.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 7:11:48 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
D&T I think the ring you attributed to anchor is actually MAChicks?
4.gif
awww- ooopsy my apologies- think i had pulled off from someone elses'' thread
emembarrassed.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a similar diamond I just bought - .52 ct. marquise, D, SI3, 7.11mm x 3.5ish mm so I''m going through the same thought as you.

My marquise seems way too small on my 4.75 finger, especially E-W, and I won a LOGR marquise halo so I''m hoping that helps bulk up the coverage.

Let me go upstairs and take some pics for you so you can see the spread, and in comparison to my e-ring. Be back in a few!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LTP,
Oooooh, oooooh, which one did you win!!?
9.gif

Can't wait to see pics!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice setting Lauren. How do you win them so low!!?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I had my eye on that one!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2009 10:10:43 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Nice setting Lauren. How do you win them so low!!?
I couldn't even tell you . . . I just placed a bid on the 4th, and no one else bid again.
3.gif

I really, really hope it fits my marquise.
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
LovingDiamonds, do you have pictures of the diamond? Maybe it would help to actually see the shape of it . . . but, I''m loving the 3 stone idea. What about step cut traps or bullet sides? Bullets might extend finger coverage for you?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pictures as requested! Apologies because I wasn''t able to take them until tonight so they''re all indoor shots.

On hand to show perspective (please excuse wedding band marks)!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
East/West - I think this looks too small.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the picture. As much as I adore EW settings, definitely not for this one because it might look smaller.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Showing the bowtie. This disappears as the gemstone moves so I certainly wouldn''t say it''s prominent.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one - showing off!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so now having seen the scale, what would you do to make it look bigger?

Chrono I agree. It's far too small for an E/W setting.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It needs a big setting. I''m thinking even the 4x2 baguettes on each side might be insufficient.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You may be right. I''m going to plot it out on my hand I think. What about two hefty trilliants? OR do I have to succumb and go for a halo?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you are going to cringe but I think you need both the halo AND side stones.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
LD, your marquise is just gorgeous! Very pretty stone!

I think east-west isn''t going to work because it''ll look too thin on its own, and I know you don''t like halos, but what about just a halo of metal? Like my e-ring?

I''m wearing a 5mm asscher on a size 4.75 finger, and the extra metal really helps with not only boosting the size, but because of the high polish, it helps with the sparkle factor as well. Perhaps even a bezeled halo, with a couple of side stones also bezeled?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2009 4:33:58 PM
Author: Chrono
I know you are going to cringe but I think you need both the halo AND side stones.
You know me so well! I do think you''re right though. This little baby needs a lot of ooooomphing!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2009 4:39:43 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
LD, your marquise is just gorgeous! Very pretty stone!

I think east-west isn''t going to work because it''ll look too thin on its own, and I know you don''t like halos, but what about just a halo of metal? Like my e-ring?

I''m wearing a 5mm asscher on a size 4.75 finger, and the extra metal really helps with not only boosting the size, but because of the high polish, it helps with the sparkle factor as well. Perhaps even a bezeled halo, with a couple of side stones also bezeled?
Thank you Lauren!

I think if I bezelled this it would disappear into the metal. Although my fingers are only a size 6 they look very sausage like and I don''t "do" dainty rings! Mores the pity! I''d love to be able to wear a 5mm asscher and get away with it but I really can''t. My asscher is 6mm AND has traps AND still looks too small!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this on Leon’s website when there’s a 3 stone ring that has a halo going around only on the outside. I was think that maybe you can do this with your marquise. Center marquise, 2 baguettes on each side, then a halo of small melees around the entire thing.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono can you link me to it please? It sounds interesting.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now THAT would give finger coverage!!!! Thanks for the link Chrono. I see what you mean. It''d look lovely wouldn''t it but I think it''d also be a budget (what budget?) buster!
9.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like a fair price ( as was mentioned above). If you''re worried about it not standing out on your finger maybe you could have it put into a cool antique style setting with lots of metal detail or pave.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2009 1:56:14 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Now THAT would give finger coverage!!!! Thanks for the link Chrono. I see what you mean. It'd look lovely wouldn't it but I think it'd also be a budget (what budget?) buster!
9.gif
Yeah, it'll be pretty for the finger but ugly for the checkbook.
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results