shape
carat
color
clarity

Keep or send back?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I know this is a diamond (sorry) but it does have some warmth so I''m slipping it in here as a coloured stone!!!

Would you keep or return?

Stats:
Marquise cut
0.60ct
VS1
K colour (just a hint of warmth - quite a lovely antique hue)
Very very very small bowtie - almost none
8.31 x 4.37 (or thereabouts - doing this from memory)
Price $400
Lovely bright and lively diamond

Issues:

1. Stone is gorgeous BUT is it too small for my hand? Finger size 6
2. How would you set it to make it look bigger?
3. Price is fabulous (because I''ve got this from a gem dealer friend) but is that a reason to keep it?

I''ve got a couple of days to decide. Photos tomorrow but would love your thoughts ...............

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 5:44:52 PM
Author:LovingDiamonds

Ok, I know this is a diamond (sorry) but it does have some warmth so I''m slipping it in here as a coloured stone!!!

Would you keep or return?

Stats:
Marquise cut
0.60ct
VS1
K colour (just a hint of warmth - quite a lovely antique hue)
Very very very small bowtie - almost none
8.31 x 4.37 (or thereabouts - doing this from memory)
Price $400
Lovely bright and lively diamond

Issues:

1. Stone is gorgeous BUT is it too small for my hand? Finger size 6
2. How would you set it to make it look bigger?
3. Price is fabulous (because I''ve got this from a gem dealer friend) but is that a reason to keep it?

I''ve got a couple of days to decide. Photos tomorrow but would love your thoughts ...............
I think that''s a fair price for the diamond if you were to buy it second hand, especially for K color. I think others will come along. If you''re not 100% happy, I would return it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d bezel it in white metal. Stick it right at the center of a DBTY type necklace. And do two (also warm) colored rounds (10 pointers) about 2 inches up on the chain, on either side. Nice everyday DBTY style necklace. Or stick it in a bezel bangle, all by itself. Thin bangle that flows right into the marquise and around it, then tapers back to go around.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s not that I''m unhappy with it TL, it''s that I''m wondering if it will look too small on my big fingers!!!! I''d love to add trillion sides BUT they''d have to be pretty big to give the finger coverage I want.

I know what you''re thinking ............ halo! Noooooooooooooooo!
9.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry Gypsy - we were posting at the same time!

I love the idea but don''t want a pendant. I''m in love with my new recent pendants and only have one neck but ...... 10 fingers woohoo!
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 5:55:02 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
It''s not that I''m unhappy with it TL, it''s that I''m wondering if it will look too small on my big fingers!!!! I''d love to add trillion sides BUT they''d have to be pretty big to give the finger coverage I want.

9.gif
I was thinking of mentioning the bad "h" word, but I had a feeling you would say "Noooooooooooo!!!" LOL!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 5:55:02 PM

9.gif
lol... I''d say keep it, how bout adding color side stones make it like a three stone? i just gotta go find a picture

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Set it east west. In an open basket. And then set two small color marquise (think harriet''s side stones) at each end. It would be a f stone marquise. With one white (ish) marquise in the center, and four colored ones.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 6:08:13 PM
Author: Gypsy
Set it east west. In an open basket. And then set two small color marquise (think harriet''s side stones) at each end. It would be a f stone marquise. With one white (ish) marquise in the center, and four colored ones.
ooohhh love the East west idea

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
AfterWhitneyBoin.JPG

faycullenmq.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
not sure if you like this or not could do a two tone maybe? on those bypass.

marquiswinkjones11.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anchor''s ring

MAchickfinger2102.jpg

WF custom Clementine''s Ring

DA.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
adwar cast...I love these

marquisadwarcast10709.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
and my last ideas

marquisadwarcastbezel0709.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW you guys are good!

I adore the e/w setting with rbs on the shank AND I think Anchor's ring looks similar in size to how mine would look. That's a gorgeous ring.

Not keen on filigree or crossover designs though. The Adwar split shank is a great option but do you think it'd give finger coverage?

Please keep the ideas coming.

clementine

Shiny_Rock
Just for reference, my stone is a .26 carat, and with the bezel it seems much larger!

Clem.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry one more coming up..

marquisadwarsplitshnk0709.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 6:33:44 PM
Author: clementine
Just for reference, my stone is a .26 carat, and with the bezel it seems much larger!

Clem.

Really? The halo really does add length doesn''t it. Thank you very much for sharing your lovely ring.

This is what made me want a marquise .............. but I reckon finding some lovely rounded trilliants for sides will be like trying to grab fairy dust!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 6:36:48 PM
Author: D&T
Where is this one from D&T? It might be a possibility!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/7/2009 6:40:16 PM

Date: 7/7/2009 6:36:48 PM
Author: D&T
Where is this one from D&T? It might be a possibility!
another Adwar cast, and I saw one that is 8x4 as well

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok,, too much fun for me...

Link

marquiselogr0709.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
another.... Link

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooops didn''t attached

marquiselogr110709.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
D&T I think the ring you attributed to anchor is actually MAChicks?
4.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ditto setting it EW... love that look for elongated stones!
30.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG D&T you''re GOOD! I hadn''t even thought of LOGR. Oh dear me, I think the little marquise has found it''s new home with me. Now which setting ............ love the curly whirly one but is that a bit fru fru? Liking the double halo and split shank a bit too much! Aaaaaaaaaaah!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are used to wearing large coloured gemstones, I''m afraid a 0.6ct marquise might feel too small to you. The right setting however might the illusion of looking larger or more finger coverage. I see that everyone has been busy with setting suggestions which appear to give the center stone more "oomph".

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re exactly right Chrono. I''m so used to having a bigger look! I love the ooooomph settings so far.

The only other thought I''ve had - but don''t know if this will work - is to have two tapered baguettes either side of the marquise. I''ve got some 4x2''s but would need another 2 for the other side. Would that give ooooomph do you think?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a possibility; are you all right with some gaps possibly showing between the baguettes or will they be pressed together side by side?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results