shape
carat
color
clarity

Kate Middleton conspiracy theories

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I did wonder when she said she was having “preventative chemotherapy” that it was odd, so thanks for clarifying. Perhaps they have caught it all (hopefully) but she is undergoing chemo as a belt & braces treatment?

I think that’s what it is. It’s not being used to shrink an existing tumor, but to blast everything afterwards to take care of any cells. That’s how I interpreted it anyway.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did wonder when she said she was having “preventative chemotherapy” that it was odd, so thanks for clarifying. Perhaps they have caught it all (hopefully) but she is undergoing chemo as a belt & braces treatment?

Probably to stop or treat any remaining cancer cells. I have heard that if a cancer isn’t confined to an organ, or if there is lymph node involvement, chemo is the course of treatment. I think the term ‘preventative chemo’ is a misnomer, but I guess everyone is hoping that it is a treatment in addition to the surgery to eradicate the cancer completely.
While the whole timeline sounded off, I was so hopeful that her health issue wasn’t this serious. I feel so sorry for her and her family.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t even express how this makes me feel. I didn’t want my suspicions to be correct. It’s so odd how connected I felt with her bc of my own scare. Now I am having PTSD and fearing that I was misdiagnosed bc she mentioned in her video that they didn’t find the cancer until after her surgery! If they can misdiagnose a royal, where does that leave a commoner like me!!

Nala,
It does not mean she was mis= diagnosed. After surgery they biopsy areas to continue to check. Initially they may have said, for example on a pap smear, that abnormal cells were pre -cancerous, but to be conservative and cautious they did surgery. They found some cancerous cells. It is not misdiagnosis.

Annette

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will note, however, that chemo is not preventative. They don’t give it to you to prevent cancer but rather to treat it

You are right MissGotRocks. She used the incorrect terminology. I think what she is saying is the chemo is being used as an insurance policy to eradicate any stray cancer cells left after the surgery.

I feel bad that she has been under such public pressure to disclose this personal medical issue. I wish her well.

Eta: I was typing while others were posting the same thing. Sorry for the redundancy.

HGar

Shiny_Rock
Hopefully this makes anyone who repeated stupid gossip or conspiracy theories rethink their actions. Unfortunately I don’t think it will because now we will hear the cries of well she needs to disclose what cancer she has - for the good of mankind etc.

A young Mum has had her world turned upside down and is now trying to ensure her family remains protected. That is all we as public need to know. Anyone who has had a loved one diagnosed / currently being treated / passed away, I’m sure would send nothing but well wishes and privacy to her.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As someone who has a non cancerous abdominal surgery, I can truly attest to how long it takes to fully recover, and mine was laparoscopic.

I was disgusted by the media bullying her. I wish Kate and her family/loved ones, nothing but the best for a speedy full recovery.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just hope that all those people who were baying to find out what was wrong, are happy. What an awful time for the RF, poor Kate & William having to explain to the children. Let’s hope she’ll be fine and back to good health soon.

my thoughts exactly when i heard this on the news this morning.

my heart breaks for HRH, her kiddies, her husband and her own mum & dad plus her siblings and also HM The King
i was 20 when my dad got sick and i still can bearly talk about it all these years latter,
my mother did not know how to tell my sister and I and we were older than the Wales' children

but hopefully just like HM the King it has been detected early

Catherine's little family deserved better than the sh*t speculation fueled by certain elements of the media
i pray now she will be left in peace to recover and George, Charlotte and dear little Louis will be ok

keep on soldiering on Queen Camila

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can’t even express how this makes me feel. I didn’t want my suspicions to be correct. It’s so odd how connected I felt with her bc of my own scare. Now I am having PTSD and fearing that I was misdiagnosed bc she mentioned in her video that they didn’t find the cancer until after her surgery! If they can misdiagnose a royal, where does that leave a commoner like me!!

as we know Nala stress is bad for recovery
maybe go see your doctor and chat about your fears
1711164143295.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone (even the Princess of Wales) deserves to keep their medical issues private.

She is a mom to three young children she is trying to protect. She is a wife; daughter, mother.
Receiving a diagnosis of cancer is hard and I am sure she is trying to process and come to terms with all of this.
Can’t people respect her privacy and just be supportive?

At some point in the future, If she decides to share her journey, yes it could be beneficial to others going through this diagnosis. However, at the end of the day she deserves privacy around her private medical issues. HIPPA rules (or the General Data Protection Regulation) should apply to everyone. IMO.

She is a human being first and foremost.

I wish her peace and a full recovery.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While it's equally sad when anyone gets this diagnosis, it's fortunate for her that she's likely getting the best medical care money can buy.

I wish everyone did.

100% this.
Each life is precious and valuable to that individual and the people who love them.
Regardless of their status in life or the details of their family situation.
IMO

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel bad for anyone with health issues and being in the spotlight must make it nearly impossible to cope in certain ways.

I'm also annoyed. It has been pointed out on this thread that celebrity brings attention and publicity to causes. To very publicly state something so incorrectly as "preventative chemo" is harmful. Sure, tell your kids that to cushion them, but don't make a very public statement based on that misinformation. Misinformation (lies) hurts the fields affected, in this case medicine and science.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those who are annoyed about the term "preventative chemotherapy" don't be.
It is a real term also known as adjuvant chemotherapy.

"Depending on the type of cancer, studies have shown that giving "anywhere from three to six months of chemotherapy after surgery can significantly reduce the risk of cancer coming back,” says Dr. Jeremy Jones, interim chair of the division of hematology and oncology at the Mayo Clinic, who also has no personal knowledge of Kate's case. “It’s standard of care to reduce the risk of recurrence for many types of cancer.”

Those who receive adjuvant chemotherapy may only need short courses compared to those getting chemotherapy to treat more serious/advanced disease. The goal being to prevent recurrence

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
i keep thinking about all that long beautiful hair
Gary's daughter Melanie had long blonde hair and she lost it all, but Mel rocked her bald head
better a bald mum than no mum

I don't think it is a given that the princess will lose her hair. I have known a few people that have gone through chemotherapy in recent years and never lost their hair. In fact a couple of them continued to work full time while in chemo treatment. It all depends on the specifics of the case, I think: type of cancer, type of chemo med.

As an aside, I think she looks fabulous considering it all. I was sad to hear the diagnosis, but my gut tells me she will be fine and healthy again sooner rather than later.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m pretty sure the average Brit wouldn’t understand the word “adjuvant”, I think she was likely trying to be as clear as possible to prevent any more reinvention of the truth.

im pretty sure the average kiwi wouldn't either
i had to google
Mr Collins tells me
1711225063734.png

oddly enough google threw up adjuvant chemotherpy first so im not the only one wondering what it ment

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

yes, i now read the sun online
their royal photographer Arthur Edwards MBE is a descent chap
and i have to go somewhere to look at the pretty pictures (of the royal family, not those page 3 girls i hope they dont have anymore)
The Sun seems to have been the only major British newspaper to have been kind to the Princess this last few weeks

1711227578029.png

good job Rose !!!

Last edited:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I only wished William was there to support her.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only wished William was there to support her.

His absence was deliberate so she could tell her truth, show her strength, and set her boundaries. It was a tour de force.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I've been thinking about our princess since yesterday. I've been thinking why I harbor a sense of guilt, of complicitness. I have a judgemental mind, come from a judgemental family and belong to a judgemental genus.

This has been, yet again, a lesson for me on this journey I'm taking. Be gentle, be compassionate, withhold judgement as you just never know what a person is going through.

waffle

Shiny_Rock
This is so heartbreaking. If she went missing for a while, chances are she did not go on a cruise. I knew it was something serious and I felt so bad that she had no privacy and had to give a statement about her illness. I wish she didn’t have to do that. She looked very sick. Chemo is no walk in the park.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
This is so heartbreaking. If she went missing for a while, chances are she did not go on a cruise. I knew it was something serious and I felt so bad that she had no privacy and had to give a statement about her illness. I wish she didn’t have to do that. She looked very sick. Chemo is no walk in the park.

Chemo is grueling, no doubt but considering what she's going through, I thought she looked pretty good!!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart breaks for her and for any mother of small children facing such a journey.
I thought she looked very thin in the video. Princess Kate has always been a “slip of a girl” but I do hope she can continue to eat well and thrive through the coming challenging weeks and months.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
this matter is just heartbreaking on so many levels for so many people
remember this wee one ?
1711254207137.png
The snap of Mila Sneddon giving her dad a kiss through a glass window was shared by her mum to raise awareness of the importance of self-isolation
1711254290525.png

This is deeply, deeply sad news. She’s so young, with such young kids - a cancer diagnosis is devastating.

I still don’t think this absolves their PR team of all the colossal screwups that they have done over the last few months, though. In light of this, it was imo more important for them to be on the ball and protect Kate through this entire process.

For starters- Easter should never have been mentioned at all. Leaving her return date open, with general vague updates about recovery, would have kept media at bay because it would’ve given them greater opportunity to post small articles. If they had, for example, shared fluff pieces of ultimately very little substance over the course of the last few months (for eg - an article about how the kids made her get well soon cards; or that Kate is in recovery and looking forward to getting back to work soon; maybe a piece about how much William has been by her side etc) - which they generally tend to do all the time, speculation would have been tempered. If they would have just not posted that composite image, let alone doubled down on it by sharing it with news agencies; most of the furore would not have happened at all. Posting a throwback (clearly called out as one) would have been significantly better. Why do these staged blurry pap photos in the car and the farmer’s market walk? You’ve JUST been called out for fake images, why wouldn’t you put out content that’s unambiguously Kate?? It would be better to not have posted those at all, imo. Sure, crazy people with crazy conspiracy theories would have abounded regardless, but the rampant speculation from Joe Schmoe would not have taken off the way it did.

I feel awful for her. She’s been through hell twice over - once because of her diagnosis, and once because of the conspiracy theories that have taken a life of their own. Maybe it’s just a case of hindsight being 20/20, but a lion’s share of the blame falls entirely on their PR.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
time to review one's xmas card list
perhaps one or two will learn from this and become kinder - i can only hope

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone once told me that if people don’t have the facts, they will then fabricate the facts. Clearly, that happened in this case. There is still much that is not known. We don’t know the type or stage of cancer or her total treatment plan. I understand the premise of having one’s privacy, however, it is very difficult to be a part of the royal family and maintain such.
Hopefully now, folks will back off and give her the space she needs to heal and regain her health. It would be wonderful for the sake of her three children if the press and public would cease their investigation of the matter. My guess is they won’t. I wonder if the possibility of someone hacking into her medical account hastened the decision to come forward with her surgery details. Many privileges to her life but it surely comes at a high price when things aren’t all well.
sincerely hope that the surgery and subsequent treatment is successful for Kate - I am sure the public at large feel that way as well.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A group linked to the Kremlin helped spread Princess Catherine conspiracy theories… why is this not a surprise?

(The link should be good to get you past the NYT paywall, though only for one week.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results