shape
carat
color
clarity

Katamari''s reception pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
2000 cranes!!!! What an amazing feat!

Your reception looks so creative, vibrant and personal. I adore everything!
30.gif

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
i love your wedding colors and the uniqueness of it all! great work katamari! were everything there DIY-projects???

when i saw the dancing photos, i thought, oh cool! the people were wearing masks! haha. it took me a couple of mins to figure out that you edited it to mask the people dancing! LOL
9.gif
*duh* i think i need some hot choco to wake me up this morning.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 10:03:22 PM
Author: Amanda.Rx
Looks like it was a great time! I have to say the beer favors were the absolute coolest thing I''ve ever seen. I showed the picture to FI, and he''s jealous!

Thanks, Amanda! I have to agree; it was so cool to our guests so excited about our favors since DH and FIL worked so hard on them.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 10:07:15 PM
Author: kama_s
LOVE your pictures, Katamari! I''ve been dying to see them!!!!! I wish I was invited to the reception, it looks like so much fun! And I love all your little cute and unique ideas! Congratulations, m''dear!!!!!

Oh, kama, you could have totally been invited! We''ll put you on the list for the vow renewal.
25.gif
Thanks so much!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 10:24:59 PM
Author: princessplease
Kat, what INCREDIBLE pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, and I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
the CL''s!

Thanks, princessplease!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 11:11:21 PM
Author: CrownJewel
Kata, that was awesome. I really loved the Wii-zebo and the photo booth props. Looks like it was a super fun wedding :) Congratulations!

It really was, and that is what DH and I were most interested in. Thanks!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 12:44:18 AM
Author: Clairitek
I got such a great giggle out of your cake wrecks! What a neat idea for cakes.

Looks like everything turned out fabulously for your reception. The TY card photo you chose is gorgeous. I can''t believe how clear the reception is!

Thanks, Claire! I cannot believe you could see us in the pond, either. It is clean, but it was still a pond. Oh, and the best part about the cakes--they were $16 each!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 6:47:34 AM
Author: happydreams
so cute! how were your shoes during the reception? comfy?

Thanks! Um, as for the shoes, I don''t know if comfy was the right word, but they were fine. I couldn''t have done it without solemates, though. I would have sank in the grass for sure.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Singlehandedly some of the BEST wedding cakes I have ever seen!!!!!

I absolutely adore the photo of your hubby cleaning your feet off - it''s such a loving moment - it really melted my heart to see that photo.

I love the Wiizebo you had - looks like you had one heck of an amazing day!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 7:09:43 AM
Author: merrymunky
Wow Katamari...I''d better not show these pics to my husband or he will be rather jealous. We wanted to set up Rockband at our reception but there just wasn''t space.

Everything looks just great!!!!

If I could do it all again I would definitely use your reception as inspiration!

Oh, that means so much, merry! Thank you. We were quite lucky to be at the ILs house because it did let us have enough space to do everything.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 8:22:10 AM
Author: bee*
Beautiful photos!! Congratulations!

Thanks, bee*!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 8:28:20 AM
Author: oddoneout
Amazing pics, amazing reception. Congrats!

Thanks!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 8:31:43 AM
Author: ckrickett
good lord lady!!!

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! That means a lot! Thanks.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
very beautiful!! i love all of your fun details!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 9:25:22 AM
Author: purselover
Wow everything looks gorgeous! Your shoes are obviously awesome and I love your hair piece as well. I am so impressed with all your DIY projects the favors looked amazing! The reflection shots have to be my favorite though you picked a great one for the thank you''s.

Thank you so much, purselover! DH and I are both a bit compulsive, so once we got started with the DIY, it was hard to stop us. But, I am really glad to hear it paid off!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 10:02:07 AM
Author: emeraldlover1
so cute and creative! Great pictures!

Thanks, EM!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 10:12:27 AM
Author: Dani
Love your pics!!! Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks, Dani!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 10:39:28 AM
Author: rhbgirl24
Looks like soooo much fun!

It really was! Thank you.

p.s. I am wishing the best for you this weekend!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 11:27:08 AM
Author: news_girl
Seriously, that looks like the coolest reception ever! I love all the different activities you incorporated, and I absolutely ADORE you Cake Wreck tributes. They are seriously HILARIOUS, especially because I''m sure the older folks had no idea what you were talking about! haha Congratulations, I love your wedding and you looked beautiful!

Wow! Thanks, news_girl! There were quite a few people that came up to us to tell us how sorry they were that our cakes were ruined. lol. But, since the reception, I have gotten probably 20 e-mails from people thanking us for helping them find cake wrecks. DH and I love a good time and a good laugh, so we were pleased to bring that to our guests.
1.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 11:39:07 AM
Author: charbie
I love every aspect of your wedding. From the destination ceremony to the most amazing reception, you have rocked my wedding world. I would totally be submitting your information to OBB! I am sharing your wedding info with my sister who is planning an off-beat wedding.

I love that you had a projector with the OSU/USC game! We had a difficult time planning the wedding around an OSU game, but it was so nice that our DJ announced the score periodically for our guests (and us, of course!)

Your cakes are just hysterical. I LOVE them.

Awesome wedding, awesome memories.

Holy heck, charbie, that is one awesome complement! DH and I really wanted something fun and not totally wedding, since we had the DW, and I am so glad it came off that way.

Yeah, DH and I were initially crushed when the OSU schedule was released b/c our reception was the day of their night game and the biggest game of the season. But, we decided to work with it. Especially since DH''s parents are both undergrad alums and DH and I are both getting our PhDs there. It was a bit of a damper when they lost, but luckily that was, like 8 hours in. As you know, Ohioans are crazy pants about football. lol
9.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 11:54:06 AM
Author: exoticisabella
AMAZING I love your pics
30.gif
. And your glasses and your tattoos! Beautiful!
9.gif

Thanks, exoticisabella! The glasses were one of my splurges, but they are also one of my addictions, so I knew I had to get them as soon as I saw them.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 8:42:21 PM
Author: katamari
My favorite reception pic. Our photographer wanted DH to dip me. DH and I both said it wouldn''t work, because I am such a control freak. But, he wanted us to try anyways. It totally didn''t work, but I love this photo because I am obviously a hot mess being dipped, but in the reflection, it looks like everything is going smoothly.
This is a fantastic photo!!! LOL!!! This was me when they wanted me to be dipped at our reception. I''m with you - it didn''t work out so well! I love how the reflection is the same.... but not... it''s fantastic.

Everything looks fabulous! The cranes, the beer (that was brilliant, btw) just fantastic. Congrats!!!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 1:50:32 PM
Author: Bliss
Congrats!!! Love the Wii-zebo!!!!!

Wow, what a gorgeous wedding and you look so pretty.

Thanks! I am blushing.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 1:53:03 PM
Author: luvbug
Ohmygosh I love these! All the DIY projects you did brought so much personality to your wedding. It looks like an absolute blast!!

Thanks, luvbug! I was lucky that DH is from a big family and wanted something different than his cousins had done. It got him involved in the DIY and I couldn''t have done it without them.

I cannot wait to see your wedding pics--hope it is the best!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2009 11:21:41 AM
Author: katamari

Date: 10/20/2009 10:07:15 PM
Author: kama_s
LOVE your pictures, Katamari! I''ve been dying to see them!!!!! I wish I was invited to the reception, it looks like so much fun! And I love all your little cute and unique ideas! Congratulations, m''dear!!!!!

Oh, kama, you could have totally been invited! We''ll put you on the list for the vow renewal.
25.gif
Thanks so much!
YAY!!!!!
3.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 1:57:24 PM
Author: Camille
Wonderful, love the blue
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks, Camille!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 2:09:52 PM
Author: sunnyd
I love the cake wrecks, they''re fabulous!
36.gif

That looked like such a fun reception, congrats you two!

Thanks, sunnyd! It really was.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 4:31:25 PM
Author: idreamofcushions
freakin AWE-SOME!!! I can''t wait to show your wedding pics to FI! He will flip!

Congratulations!!!

Thanks, idoc! I keep joking with DH that he made us have a masculine reception, because we really got many more compliments from guys than girls. lol. I think it was all the beer
2.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 12:22:32 AM
Author: goldenstar
2000 cranes!!!! What an amazing feat!

Your reception looks so creative, vibrant and personal. I adore everything!
30.gif

Yeah, the cranes were quite a chore, as you know. But, I was so totally glad that we did them. Thanks, goldenstar!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 9:37:11 AM
Author: cleokizzy
i love your wedding colors and the uniqueness of it all! great work katamari! were everything there DIY-projects???

when i saw the dancing photos, i thought, oh cool! the people were wearing masks! haha. it took me a couple of mins to figure out that you edited it to mask the people dancing! LOL
9.gif
*duh* i think i need some hot choco to wake me up this morning.

ROLF! That would be hilarious if people were dancing in masks. We are not that crazy. Okay, maybe we are
3.gif

Yeah, almost everything was DIY. DH and I decided early on that we wanted something that felt different than a wedding, since it was just a reception. And, since we didn''t want our families to spend a lot of money, we decided we were going to invest time instead of money into it. Super glad to hear it worked, though! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results