shape
carat
color
clarity

Katamari''s reception pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I posted the pro pics from our mini-DW (or elopement plus parents, as we referred to it) here, but we also had a reception when we got back to celebrate our marriage with friends and family. The reception was certainly where we focused a lot of our efforts, and I am so glad our photographer did such a great job capturing it for us.

First, our tables. DH and I folded over 2000 paper cranes for decorations. We made a lot of garlands and used them for centerpieces. Proof that a reception can be flower-free (!), which was our goal.

kat.tables.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
A detail shot:

kat.crane.detail.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
We also hung about 60 paper lanterns. We had ordered twice as many, but we thought it looked too busy and decided to go with fewer. Here is a shot of the inside of the tent, once people started arriving:

kat.in.the.tent.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Another huge DIY project we got into was printing. We cut the paper, assembled, and printed these "programs" for everyone. We used our Gocco to make a passport looking stamp on the front and included various points of info. inside.

kat.programs.crane.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Another huge DIY project was the favor. DH, his uncle, and his dad brewed and bottled 400 beers, a hefeweizen and a California common. A friend designed and printed the labels for us and ML and I labeled all the bottles. We, again, used the Gocco to print the bags. It was a huge job, but it was the only wedding I have ever been to where literally no one left their favor behind. People have been complimenting on the beer like crazy, too! (DH''s dad and uncle are both American Homebrewer Association medal winners).

kat.favors.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I got antique price tags and wrote everyone''s name and table name, too.

kat.favor.table.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
While we were in Ecuador for our DW, I got literally hundreds of flea bites. You can see some of them here. DH is being the sweetheart he is and cleaning bandaid gunk off my feet while we are getting ready.

kat.bandaid.foot.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I wanted the bandaid gunk off my feet, because I wanted a ton of pics of my gorgeous CLs.

kat.shoes.and.dress.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
We didn''t have a BP or anything, so there are a ton of pics of us. It is kind of weird, but I guess it is better than having none of yourselves.

kat.dh.on.couch.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
This isn''t a good pic of us at all, but we are in front of FIL''s hop vines that grew the hops we made the California common with.

kat.dh.hops.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
We sat up a "Wii-zebo" where we had 3 Wiis and a playstation. It was a crazy huge hit with the guests--and I want to give crazy ups to Violet02, for the inspiration.

ETA: You can also see some of the crane garlands that were everywhere about in this pic.

kat.dh.rock.band.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
My husband on the drums, ladies and gentlemen.
25.gif

kat.dh.the.rockstar.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
My in-laws home is on an amazing piece of land, and we wanted to get a bunch of pics around to highlight this.

kat.us.sitting.in.yard.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I was also overly pleased to have our pics in the evening, because I love backlit photography.

kat.us.in.yard.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
My favorite reception pic. Our photographer wanted DH to dip me. DH and I both said it wouldn''t work, because I am such a control freak. But, he wanted us to try anyways. It totally didn''t work, but I love this photo because I am obviously a hot mess being dipped, but in the reflection, it looks like everything is going smoothly.

kat.is.a.control.freak.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
DH and I both agreed that our first dance was probably the worst part of our entire relationship. It was so awkward and we look it in almost every pic but this one.

kat.first.dance.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Oops, wanted to post a couple more on the dock, first. We both love these.

kat.us.sitting.on.dock.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Another on the dock. This is the one we picked for our thank you cards.

ETA: Just kidding, uploaded the wrong pic. This is NOT our TY card.

kat.dh.on.dock.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
THIS one is our TY card. Oopsie. (I should have looked at the file name. . .)

kat.ty.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Another favorite. Our photographer thinks real kisses looked awkward in pictures and wanted us to have fake about-to-kiss moments instead. Normally we were good at it, but here we fail miserably. I love it for that reason.

ETA: you can also see my terrible tan lines here--a downside to having your honeymoon before your wedding pics. I can't decide if I want them retouched or not.

kat.us.fake.smootch.JPG

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Oh katamari! Sorry if I''m interrupting, but everything looks FAB! Wow!!! And love the CLs!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
You rock them so well!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Very few people danced at the reception because there was just too much going on. We had the Wiis and other games, we had trivia, but there were fleeting moments of dancing, like my BIL doing the robot to "Rock-It". More importantly, though, this is a good pic of my reception dress.

kat.art.doing.robot.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
The main event, honestly was the OSU-USC game (when the Buck''s hopes of BCS were still alive). I knew it would distract our guests, but it also kept them around.

kat.bucks.reception.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
It also encouraged people to do things you don''t see at weddings, like make shadow puppets and "paddle the canoe" or "go downstairs" in front of the projector, which I loved.

kat.shadowpuppets.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Not everyone watched the game, though. The Wii-zebo was a hit, even with older guests.

kat.wiizebo.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
We also had a photo booth which was the best idea ever. If I had it to do again, and I could only pick one thing, I would have it over food, booze, whatever. I wish I could post every pic, but I don''t want to put my guests on the web without permission, so here is one of DH and I instead.

kat.dh.in.photobooth.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I forgot the cakes. DH and I paid homage to cake wrecks, one of our favorite blogs. First, naked-mohawk-baby-carrot-jockeys (which got everyone thinking I was preggo, btw).

kat.cake1.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Our favorite cake:

kat.dh.cake2.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
And the last one. The text was supposed to be in red (but say "in blue") but they got it wrong, making it an actual wreck--well, at least a little.

kat.cake3.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I fed DH a baby instead of some cake.

kat.dh.eating.cake.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results