shape
carat
color
clarity

Katamari''s back from Ecuador with a ton of pics (and a husband!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Man those pictures look like you had a blast!!!
36.gif
You looked gorgeous in your gown, and your DH cleans up pretty well too.
2.gif

Congratulations!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Katamari - your pics are amazing, and you both look so lovely together!!!! Those shoes are killer, too, but I LOVE the last pic of you guys + the sky!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful place to have your wedding! I, too, love that last sky shot. WOW! Congratulations! Thank you for sharing with us. (Seeing these pics makes me so excited for my own DW!)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 5:17:13 PM
Author: jcarlylew
Date: 9/14/2009 4:50:34 PM

Author: katamari

My shoes on the alpaca rug in our room. When we saw this pic on the proofs, DH said ''Let me guess, this one is for Pricescope.'' Hehe.

*sigh* and we thank you for that!!

Ditto! Clearly an intelligent and fabulous husband you have Kat!!!!
36.gif

Your pics are just simply stunning!!!!! You look gorgeous and these pics have made me hang out even more for my own destination wedding!!!!
9.gif

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, katamari!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I have been waiting for your pictures. Looks like it was amazing!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Wow, amazing pictures. What a beautiful place, and it looks like you guys really had fun.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
I love the last picture with the sky too! You guys looked lovely together and you are a gorgeous bride! Love the place as well! Congrats!!

Love the shoes too!

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Your wedding looks like it was amazing! I love your shoes and dress and your DH''s vest and tie too. The cobblestone streets and church are so charming! I have never even considered going to Ecuador, but now I sooo want to...

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Wow, katamari!!!!!!!!!!! This all looked amazing! Love all the color
30.gif
30.gif

You really looked lovely (and the shoes
36.gif
). Congratulations sweetheart, I''m really so very happy for you both!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Everything was amazingly gorgeous--you, your hubs, the scenery (oh my gosh!), your dress, your rockin'' shoes, the hacienda--just incredible!!! CONGRATS, sweetheart!!! I am so happy for you!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a great feeling to come back to so much love! You all rock so much. My laptop died this week, so I wasn''t able to log onto to PS, but it sure was great to see all your comments when I got back.
36.gif

Thank you for all your kind words and all the footwear love, MonkeyPants, rhbgirl24, lulu66, bee*, jcarlylew, jstarfireb, D&T, KimberlyH, pjean, sunnyd, Tuckins1, oddoneout, marle, Hudson_HawkLuckyeshe, princessplease, gaby06, dsgirl81, canuk-gal, tlh, LtFirecracker, GoodSoul, and Bia!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Thanks, elrohwen. The hacienda was so much more beautiful than we expected from their website and it made for a great venue. The reception was pretty awesome, too, (just far too soon from when we returned) and I think the photos from that are going to be amazing. Hope all the finishing touches are coming together for your wedding NEXT WEEK!

Aren''t grooms in vests just the best, merrymunky!? Glad you felt like I kept pace with his hotness
2.gif

The back tat is actually relatively new, charbie. Thanks for the love. My friend offered a coverup as a wedding present because he knew I hated the one I currently had on my shoulder (interlocking infinity signs, which I thought was so deep when I was 19 lol), but I love my new shoulder tat!

Thanks, Bjedifish! DH is still embarrassed about the glass situation. I posted that story and pic on fb and all our friends are teasing him about it. Hehe!

Glad to hear you like the dress, cocolaw. I had significant alterations done to it and it really wasn''t perfect until two days before we left--so hopefully this will be inspiration that yours will come together beautifully, too!

How sweet you are, kama_s! We had an absolutely wonderful time. I also hope the reception pics are just as great.

Thanks, poca! The rest of the trip was fantastic! We spent time in the mountains, in the jungle, and in Quito. It was really sweet because it allowed us to do all of the things we are into: hiking, nature watching, eating at amazing restaurants, going to museums, experiencing elements of different cultures, etc. Plus, all the places we stayed were community owned and socially and ecologically sustainable, so it was a wonderful way to travel. I highly recommend everyone visit Ecuador. I plan on making a thread in Hangout soon with some pics.

Thanks, ilovesparkles. DH and I spent hours shopping, so he will be happy to hear it payed off. And, it was awesome to get such gorgeous photos of the surroundings, since that is the main reason to have a DW! I am glad to see you found a dress while I was gone, too! (And a fantastically flattering one, at that!).

Thanks, strawberries! Wouldn''t it have been great to actually have gotten a pic of us on that horse? The reception back home was actually wonderful! When I first posted, I was a little upset because, since it was so soon, we didn''t have the time to do all the "finishing touches" we had planned. Like, we only had 60 instead of 100 paper lanterns because there just wasn''t enough physical time to hang them all. I was still salty about that at first, but the more I think about it and hear about how much fun everyone had, the less and less those small details are mattering. There are pics popping up on fb, but so far just portrait shots, so as soon as some that show more venue pop up, I will start a non-pro thread. How is your planning goins?

It really was a great time, <elledizzy[/b]. Thanks!

Thanks, LaurenThePartier! Who would have thought that booking a nature photographer would work out like it did. Woot! Oh, and our reception photographer had never seen an Asscher before. He took my ring f-o-r-e-v-e-r to take ring shots because he said he "had so much fun with it." I cannot wait to get those!

Glad to hear, Still_Waiting and honey22. I never, ever contemplated anything but a DW, but it really was so amazing. So little stress. So much beauty (at least compared to where we currently live or where either of us grew up). I am sure yours will be amazing, too! (and I cannot wait to see pics!).

Thanks, blackpolkadot! How is married life treating you?

You should totally go, Morgie44! We didn''t really think much about Ecuador either before we decided on South America primarily and were limited by politically safe countries that were safe for US travelers. I couldn''t have been more pleased. I am a fairly seasoned traveler, and it was one of my favorite vacations--and super, mega affordable, too! I am glad to see your wedding turned out so wonderful, too!

Yay, thanks, Gwen! I hope this made you a little more excited for your two-part wedding, too! It will be here before you know it!
9.gif

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations katamari! and thanks for sharing photos!!!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2009 2:50:47 PM

Thanks, strawberries! Wouldn''t it have been great to actually have gotten a pic of us on that horse? The reception back home was actually wonderful! When I first posted, I was a little upset because, since it was so soon, we didn''t have the time to do all the ''finishing touches'' we had planned. Like, we only had 60 instead of 100 paper lanterns because there just wasn''t enough physical time to hang them all. I was still salty about that at first, but the more I think about it and hear about how much fun everyone had, the less and less those small details are mattering. There are pics popping up on fb, but so far just portrait shots, so as soon as some that show more venue pop up, I will start a non-pro thread. How is your planning goins?
Just checking back for some more pics - can''t wait to see some of the reception once you''ve got a little collection going!

My wedding planning is... going... haha. We''re stuck in the decision-making process right now of choosing vendors for the actual wedding - photographer, etc. I just emailed the minister. And I also just emailed the lady at the place we''re trying to hold the reception after we get back. So things are slowly dropping into place. It''s such a surreal feeling to be planning this, but in the back of my mind is a stressful feeling of time-crunching, because I KNOW 3.5 months seems like forever away right now, but it will be here WAY before I realize it. So I have this constant nagging feeling that I need to hurry up and make decisions, but on the surface I actually feel calm and unrushed. It''s weird, haha. Thanks for asking though!!
35.gif

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
katamari, my wedding-date-sister, congratulations on your marriage and it looks like you had a wonderful wedding.
9.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 12:28:03 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Date: 9/19/2009 2:50:47 PM

Thanks, strawberries! Wouldn''t it have been great to actually have gotten a pic of us on that horse? The reception back home was actually wonderful! When I first posted, I was a little upset because, since it was so soon, we didn''t have the time to do all the ''finishing touches'' we had planned. Like, we only had 60 instead of 100 paper lanterns because there just wasn''t enough physical time to hang them all. I was still salty about that at first, but the more I think about it and hear about how much fun everyone had, the less and less those small details are mattering. There are pics popping up on fb, but so far just portrait shots, so as soon as some that show more venue pop up, I will start a non-pro thread. How is your planning goins?
Just checking back for some more pics - can''t wait to see some of the reception once you''ve got a little collection going!

My wedding planning is... going... haha. We''re stuck in the decision-making process right now of choosing vendors for the actual wedding - photographer, etc. I just emailed the minister. And I also just emailed the lady at the place we''re trying to hold the reception after we get back. So things are slowly dropping into place. It''s such a surreal feeling to be planning this, but in the back of my mind is a stressful feeling of time-crunching, because I KNOW 3.5 months seems like forever away right now, but it will be here WAY before I realize it. So I have this constant nagging feeling that I need to hurry up and make decisions, but on the surface I actually feel calm and unrushed. It''s weird, haha. Thanks for asking though!!
35.gif

No pics of the reception yet. I need to go harvest fb--I am guessing some are there, but I have been hella busy with work. Eek.

The booking-period was my least favorite aspect of planning, so I wish you luck through it. There is a big sense of relief when it is over, though, that you and your FI should definitely enjoy. 3.5 months!?! That is exciting!
9.gif
9.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 3:41:03 AM
Author: noelwr
katamari, my wedding-date-sister, congratulations on your marriage and it looks like you had a wonderful wedding.
9.gif

Thank you! I sure did! And, I am glad that it looks like you did, too
36.gif
How was your reception?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.....just love ALL of it!!! (And the Stateside reception too!)

Best wishes and joy to you and DH! the shoes, the dress, the sky, the everything--just dreamy!!

My fi will look a lot like your husband for ours--suit, chucks, etc...we hadn''t talked about a vest, but now I''m thinking we may have to, he looked FAB!

Congrats, Kata!!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
OMG, you look gorgeous in that dress. Such a radiant bride. I am so happy for you.
36.gif

Now, if I can look that good in January.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 1:51:27 AM
Author: blueroses
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.....just love ALL of it!!! (And the Stateside reception too!)

Best wishes and joy to you and DH! the shoes, the dress, the sky, the everything--just dreamy!!

My fi will look a lot like your husband for ours--suit, chucks, etc...we hadn''t talked about a vest, but now I''m thinking we may have to, he looked FAB!

Congrats, Kata!!

Thanks, blueroses! Yes, I totally recommend the vest. Merry''s husband did it, too, and I think it is a perfect medium to still-dressed-up, but not overdone.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 12:08:29 PM
Author: joelly
OMG, you look gorgeous in that dress. Such a radiant bride. I am so happy for you.
36.gif

Now, if I can look that good in January.

What a complement! I am sure you will look amazing, joelly!
1.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting all of those pictures. It was a beautiful wedding, and the two of you look so joyous. And having been to Ecuador, I will have to say that it''s an awesome place. Definitely one of my favorites.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2009 10:12:00 PM
Author: AustenNut
Thanks for posting all of those pictures. It was a beautiful wedding, and the two of you look so joyous. And having been to Ecuador, I will have to say that it''s an awesome place. Definitely one of my favorites.

Isn''t though?! I am trying to talk everyone I know into visiting! Thanks, Austen.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results