shape
carat
color
clarity

Katamari''s back from Ecuador with a ton of pics (and a husband!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
It is so great to be back. The vacation itself was absolutely fabulous and the wedding only added to how amazing the trip was! There was a lot of stress and some glitches (hard to avoid traveling so far with 7 people), but nothing severe enough to detract from an overall fantastic time. We also had a reception in the States not even 24 hours after we returned--which was incredibly too soon and mad hectic--but I don''t have any pics of that just yet. We do, though, have ceremony pics, so without further adieu, here are some pics. . .

katamari

Ideal_Rock
The ceremony in the grand salon of the Hacienda we stayed at for the wedding:

kat.ceremony.shot.jpg

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Katamari! I''m waiting for the pics to pop up!
36.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
DH walking me down the aisle:

kat.us.walking.down.the.aisle.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
DH doing a reading at the ceremony:

kat.dh.reading.at.ceremony.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Having our marriage blessed by our parents:

kat.us.being.bless.by.parents.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
DH signing the marriage contract:

kat.dh.signing.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Me signing:

kat.me.signing.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Me breaking the glass. DH didn''t know he would have to break the glass by dropping it (he expected to step on it) and he threw it so hard. The officiant spent about 5 minutes explaining to me that it would still break if I simply dropped it. DH was so embarrassed. I thought it was hilarious.

kat.breaking.glasses.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
FI brought a brought a bottle of Manischewitz for after the ceremony. He always makes fun of me for liking it, but as you can see I love it. He and his brother are translating the marriage contract for his dad.

kat.loves.manischewitz.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I am 5''4" and DH is 6''1", but I wore crazy heels for the ceremony. I made our photog take a back-to-back of us being nearly the same height.

kat.us.back.to.back.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
We learned that it is Ecuadoran tradition to fast for 24 hours before the ceremony at our rehearsal. Needless to say, FI and I were ready to eat when it was finally dinner time.

kat.ready.to.eat.jpg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
so cute!!!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Since the ceremony itself was in the grand salon, DH and I had to be blessed by the officiant in the chapel before the ceremony. (Oops--guess that means all these other pics should have become before the ceremony). The chapel was down a cobblestone street, so I had to wear flips and then change into my shoes before going into the ceremony:

kat.changing.shoes.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, you two are so cute! Congrats! I can''t wait to see pics of the reception too.

And I love that hacienda! The warm gold color on the walls makes the pictures really pop.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
The blessing was the first time we saw each other that day (unfortunately, though, our families and the priest were there, so it wasn''t as personal as I would have liked). Here I am waiting to hear that everyone is ready for me to make my entrance:

kat.waiting.for.dh.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Here are some on the grounds (or why we traveled all the way to South America to get married):

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 4:16:18 PM
Author: katamari
Here are some on the grounds (or why we traveled all the way to South America to get married):

Oops. Had to resize. Here that is again:

kat.us.on.grounds.jpg

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
loove your shoes!!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Another at the Hacienda:

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Guess it doesn''t like those pics:

kat.us.on.grounds.2.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Walking down the cobblestone street:

kat.us.on.grounds.3.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
DH had to help me (when I wasn''t wearing the flips) because cobblestones + 5" heels = bad news. But, he was a good sport about it.

kat.on.cobblestones.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Me and mom--this is a good shot of my dress:

kat.and.mama.kat.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
DH and I thought it would be hilarious to get a picture on a horse, since we were on a ranch and all. But, we went to the stables and this horse snotted all over me and my dress so we changed our minds. (As you can see, we thought it was funny).

kat.us.and.horse.jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
love how your shoes matched the venue!! you two are an adorable couple & your wedding was gorgeous!! congrats!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Us at the fountain by the chapel. I only wore a short bubble veil, but it still did something wonky, so I felt like I got a good veil pic still.

kat.us.at.fountain.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
A quick kiss by the fountain:

kat.kissing.at.fountain.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
There was an old tractor on the grounds that reminded FI of one his grandfather had, so we took a few pictures with it:

kat.us.by.tractor.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh Katamari, you look BEAUTIFUL!

I love your husband''s attire...very close to what MY hubby wore. Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results