shape
carat
color
clarity

K is for...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I thought it was something other than the color. Now, I''m really confused.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/6/2005 10:35:05 PM
Author: Matatora

Okay if ya''ll cant see it then I am just losing my mind.
... while tempting others to follow !
11.gif

11077.jpg

Hm... high basket? ''thought that''s usual for these pendants.

Lack of yellow prongs?

11076.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2005 4:30:22 PM
Front of the pendent.

it's hard to see things in pics and we all know how pics can be deceiving but it almost looks like one prong is up slightly higher...just a guess...

nevermind...no need to give anything else to worry about
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You ain''t the only one Demelza. I was just going by the latest pics. Hmmmm. Matatora don''t make us wait too long , I need to go to bed!!
11.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2005 10:40:50 PM
Author: kaleigh
It''s hard to tell from the pics. The O rings in some look bigger than the other side but that''s not it and it''s not the arows either. I give up, give us a hint???
24.gif

ETA: It''s the color, am I right???
Sorry ya''ll.
Yes it is the color, I can see it when it is in the box, but not on me.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I can see that the bottom prong on the right (our right when we're looking at the photo) is maybe a little too high??? Maybe?

ETA Or not!! So, it is the color after all. Phew! I thought my eagle eyes were failing me.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mat, i think if it''s bothering you this much you should send it back. I think it looks great in the pics but maybe it''s a mind thing for you...just knowing it''s a k, will you be happy and wear it?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like you''re more color sensitive than you expected. In the pics, it''s hard to tell because it''s up against that tree with the orange in it.

If you have so much doubt, return it, spend a little more money, and get a better color stone. Will WF take it back? Is this a custom order and will there be a penalty in returning it?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2005 10:51:37 PM

Date: 11/6/2005 10:40:50 PM
Author: kaleigh
It''s hard to tell from the pics. The O rings in some look bigger than the other side but that''s not it and it''s not the arows either. I give up, give us a hint???
24.gif

ETA: It''s the color, am I right???
Sorry ya''ll.
well hopefully it won''t be sitting in the box and it will be on you
2.gif

but, if you won''t be absolutely thrilled wearing it, send it back. jewelry should be fun.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, okay it is not the color, but that it seems to have more color on the top of the stone then the rest of it. A very wise person pointed out that it could just have something on it. A friend borrowed my ultra sonic and loop and what not (proposing this weekend). So I will get it back and clean it and wear for a day.

RedShoes

Rough_Rock
Edited and Removed

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
matatora- it's a really pretty pendant and it looks so nice and large on you! I'm sorry you're having color issues...I don't think you're particularly sensitive...it is a k after all...it's bound to show some color...but no one can see that on your neck!

p.s. little harsh red shoes. not a great way to start with post #1
20.gif
even though I do agree with you. It's the tone I think
2.gif
which may have been unintended

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2005 11:16:21 PM
Author: RedShoes
What did you expect buying a K diamond? If you saw color in a D/E/F/G, I''d understand your complaint. But with a K? You knew beforehand that you were buying this color. It''s like buying an I2 diamond and being surprised if you see an inclusion.
20.gif

RedShoes

Rough_Rock
I apologize for sounding harsh. I didn''t intend to sound rude, but at the same time, there''s a reason why K''s are priced lower than J''s.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2005 11:16:51 PM
Author: moremoremore
matatora- it''s a really pretty pendant and it looks so nice and large on you! I''m sorry you''re having color issues...I don''t think you''re particularly sensitive...it is a k after all...it''s bound to show some color...but no one can see that on your neck!
I like the warmth, I looked for a warmer colorer stone and was thrilled when WF put up the new Ks and Js since I had not be able to find one warmer then a J in local H&A stock and to be honest Hearts on Fire diamonds in a similiar size are quite a bit.
I am sorry if I have been kinda blah. I acutally think the stone is lovely. In the evening outside even in the box the amount of fire it has is just amazing, really lovely. The stone is so bright it just catches my eye and makes me smile. I like the color, and to be honest I would not hesistate to buy a well matched pair of K''s for earrings.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh for heavens sakes Redshoes, that is not the way to make an introduction here.
38.gif
This is a place where people are respectful of eachother, yes we don''t always agree, but at least we have some tact and decorum.
14.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
now i''m so confused matatora LOL...I thought you were having second thoughts because of the color! So you''re keeping her then!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I am TOTALLY confused. So you wanted it to be warm and it is warm, but it's not warm enough? Or it's too warm? Someone clue me in. I thought it was too warm...but then it's that you like the warmth, but it's more warm near the top? Is it warm in the wrong places?!
33.gif

When you say 'near the top' if you mean the crown vs the pavilion, there is alot more diameter and spread in the crown so YES it would stand to reason that there'd be more color visible in there, it's a larger area and therefore the color would be more visible. The pavilion and culet are tiny compared to the crown, I wouldn't expect you to see tons of color there. Is this the confusion?

I would also not be surprised that it's warmer in the box than on your neck. Don't forget, bottom line is this is a PENDANT. That means you wear it on your neck and you see it about maybe, oh once a week in a mirror? I rarely notice my pendant and if I do I usually think about how sparkly is it in bathroom lighting or similar. I'm not much of a mirror person otherwise. So whatever you are thinking, just keep in mind that you won't be seeing this diamond very much...it's on your neck. If that helps or hurts, unsure, but just figured I'd throw it out there.

For what it's worth I think that the pendant is stunning, but WF also has I and J stones in the ES selection that would be just as beautiful and are the same size or similar...so if it's TOO WARM then you do have other options.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I wanted it to be warm and it is. But when I see it in the box it looks more warm towards the top. When I put it on and looked in the mirror I could not see the change.
When I say near the top I mean the top of the stone the way it is set, not the crown/pavilion, sorry about that.
I like the warmth at the top and the rest of the stone I just want it to be consistent.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
How odd, maybe it is just your eyes playing tricks on you.

If I recall correctly, WF did have another K in that size range, what about trying that one? Or taking the pendant to an independent appraiser or expert pair of eyes and having them look at it.

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
oh Matatora, I think your pendant is gorgeous and along the lines of what Mara said, I hope that it's just the lighting or sparkles playing tricks on your eyes about the warmth being more noticeable near the top. I adore warmer diamonds and I really hope the color is evenly dispersed in your stone. Hpwever, if it bothers you, you can't change that - and I would much rather you have something you ADORE and not settle for something that doesn't make your heart sing everytime you see it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bicolor diamond !? That's new... I suppose you could be that lucky, but chances are the difference is due to something else. I would think someone at WF could remember if the color of this one was uneven. This doesn't happen every day.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Matatora, I think it looks lovely on your neck. The size is perfect.
30.gif

I don''t know about the bicolor diamond thoughts, but as far as it looking warmer in the box than on your neck, I suspect it is because the inside of the box is blinding white. Even the fairest of skin has some color so it will definitely look much whiter on your neck.

In the end, you should be happy with your purchase. Maybe it''s a twinge of buyer''s remorse? I go through this with every major purchase, but it usually subsides. I would wear the pendant and see what others in the real world think about it. I think the positive compliments you get will ease your mind.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/6/2005 10:51:37 PM

Ok, I don''t mean this sarcastically at all....but Matatora, OF COURSE you see the color when it''s in the box! It''s against a stark white card then! It''s a K diamond, and when you put a K diamond against a stark white background, you''re gonna see some warmth!

BUT.....your skin in *not* a stark white background. Skin tones are WARM, and that''s why you don''t see the color when it''s on you.

Unless you''re going to wear the box, I don''t see why it''s an issue.
2.gif
I think it''s beautiful, and I hope you can get past how it looks on a white card.
1.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Mat,

I think the pendant looks beautiful on you. And it looks huge too! If it really bothers you, then return it and continue to look. Just make sure you are happy with it. Wear it around for a few days before you decide.

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Matatora,

Oh dear. How awful to not be utterly overjoyed with your new gem-toy! So sorry to hear this. I agree with all, it is just lovely and so classic looking.
18.gif
I hope that you "warm" up to it.
9.gif

No, seriously though, perhaps I can reinforce what others are saying here that it is the box? Because, perhaps of the way the stone is sitting in the box the white sides of it are affecting the color in the stone disproportionately, or something? Try setting the necklace in different places in the box to see if that alleviates the "bi-color" phenomenon you are seeing. Can you ask friends in-person opinions, to see if they notice anything? Maybe it is just because you have eagle eyes.

Also, maybe just give it some time, wearing it around, etc....but I must say that if you are not thrilled with it after giving it a fair chance then you shouldn''t keep it because you want to be 100% happy.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am feeling much happier with my necklace today.
emsmile.gif
I choose this one becuase the one I had was too big, and compeated rather the complimented my earrings. My earrings have a diameter of 5.5mm and this stone is just slightly larger, all together the look is simple and clean and perfect for day to day. I love the length of the chain and the way the stone rests on my neck. Just a touch of sparkle and shine with out being gaudy.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So are you keeping it?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matatora, I cannot see any difference in colour on face up view of the diamond but was just wondering if maybe what you are seeing is the 'o' rings on the pendant shading into the diamond and causing it to be darker or I take it it is not your head shadow

icekid

Ideal_Rock
oh Mat, that''s so disappointing that you didn''t immediately love it... do you love it now? I hope so!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results