color
clarity

K colour diamond on rose gold

JackSpider

Rough_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a nicely cut stone and if I were going to set it in any color I think rose gold would be the best. Here is a thread that
for rose gold. You might look though and see if there are any lower color stones set in rose gold and see what you think.

I think it will be pretty but that's my opinion!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-rose-gold.132141/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-rose-gold.132141/[/URL]

Edit...I see that jaylex's ring is an "I" color stone.

Here is a J OMC in rose gold.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rings-including-new-gog-omc-gog-transitional-and-others.122933/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rings-including-new-gog-omc-gog-transitional-and-others.122933/[/URL]

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mines a J or K (uncerted and not ideal cut). And it is pretty white and bright in my RG setting. The crown is unplated white gold.

_2125.jpeg

_2126.jpeg

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOVE rose gold and i think it will be lovely with a K colored stone. i like seeing a warmer stone in rose gold. Is your GF ok with a tinted stone? While it may face up white, you'll likely be able to see some tint when viewed from the side. This might bother some women so make sure she is ok with this before purchasing. You can always drop your clarity to VS2 or SI1 (eye clean) to get a stone with less color if needed.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mine is an L in rose gold, and I LOVE it. :)

image_265.jpg

image_272.jpg

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1456241107|3994411 said:

image_265.jpg

image_272.jpg

Tourmaline, your set is just STUNNING! :drool: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Faint brown is the best undertone to go with rose gold. I don't think yellow goes as well with rose gold, so it looks like you have found a winner! The diamond is gorgeous!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline, I just LOVE your rings.. the rose gold is gorgeous. Stone is phenomonal!!!

:love: :love:

image_265.jpg

image_272.jpg

Q

Queenie60

I have a .84 marquise right hand ring, K faint brown and set it in rose gold. Looks beautiful, took on a "champagne" look in the rose gold.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
xxranda|1456272654|3994658 said:
If you have a yellow gold or rose gold ring or setting you can get away with a lower color stone because the color of the setting will mask the color coming through the stone.

This is a slippery statement, I think.

What's important here is the stone has brown undertone. Had it yellow, I believe the color would have been brought out by the contrasting pink tones.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think J/K colour diamonds are beautiful regardless of the undertone or the color of the setting (rose/yellow gold or even platinum).
what a beautiful K diamond BTW :love:

babydoll_mini

Shiny_Rock
Personally I would prefer yellow tone K color over brownish ones, and I think it will go well with rose gold as well.

JackSpider

Rough_Rock
Hi all

Thanks for sharing

am concerned that the faint brown will make the diamond face up darker and duller

Would a K with faint yellow be much whiter? Is there a lot of difference between J and K with faint yellow?

Thanks

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JackSpider|1456367434|3995301 said:
Hi all

Thanks for sharing

am concerned that the faint brown will make the diamond face up darker and duller

Would a K with faint yellow be much whiter? Is there a lot of difference between J and K with faint yellow?

Thanks

I would get faint brown before faint yellow for rose gold
Also, I don't don't think it will make it dull. Many here feel brown is a better undertone than yellow. Meaning, the town doesn't seem as noticeable..

As for j vs k. Many won't go lower than j
I own ks.
All up to personal preference

diabolicaldiamonds

Rough_Rock
Mine is a GIA K color (old European cut) with a rose gold shank and I adore it :D The last picture is a pretty accurate representation of how it looks at the yellowest I've seen it (I mean, it was shot in a room with buttercup yellow and green floral wallpaper, so just a bath of yellow). It seems to me that rose gold contrasts and complements the creaminess of lower colored diamonds, making them appear cooler (whiter) in color than they would in platinum but that's just a personal observation. I do love warmer diamonds though (in all metals!) so I would say it's definitely worth finding out how your girlfriend feels about them. Some of us prefer them, some tolerate them, others can't stand them! (PS I started a thread about my ring in "Show me the Bling", in case you'd like to see more pictures of the rose gold/K combo.)

image_265.jpg

image_272.jpg

Tourmaline, that is so gorgeous :love: :love: :love:

img_10882.jpg

img_10883.jpg

img_4611w.jpg

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the compliments. Personally, I prefer yellowish over white, and I'm not fond of brown. A hint of yellow in a diamond in rose gold makes my heart go pitter-patter! I do think a J would seem whiter than a K, if that's what you are after.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are looking for a diamond that will look white, I'm not sure if this is the stone for you. I'm not an expert, but the people here are amazing, so if you list your budget, maybe they can find a few alternatives for you that are still eye clean but with a lower clarity and a higher colour grade?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be fair, k diamonds do look white.

Not stark white like colorless but it's not like buying a fancy, or even a cape color diamond.

They are white. It's what shade of white you're after.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
My L diamonds set in yellow gold looked very tinted. now set in platinum, they look pretty white in many lighting situations :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecolover71|1456432170|3995697 said:
My L diamonds set in yellow gold looked very tinted. now set in platinum, they look pretty white in many lighting situations :)

Yes, so I would probably use white prongs

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JackSpider|1456367434|3995301 said:
Hi all

Thanks for sharing

Thanks

A K color stone is not as bright as a G no matter the undertone. A well cut K like this is going to look whiter in the rose gold setting than it would in platinum because you'd see the contrast more. A K with yellow undertone will look whiter in a yellow gold setting. But I would always do the prongs in platinum to keep from having colored prongs reflecting in the diamond and do the shank in the rose gold. I would love to have a K or L with brown undertone to set in rose gold (with platinum prongs)!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a good example of why your stone will look relatively white against a rose gold shank. This ring has a W-X light brown diamond and it is still gorgeous in the rose gold. Yours at K with brown undertone will look much whiter. Diabolocaldiamond's beautiful ring shows a similar setting with a higher color diamond. You cans see the difference, but both are gorgeous (as well as all the rings posted on this thread!).

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-champagne-engagement-ring.206944/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/victor-canera-champagne-engagement-ring.206944/[/URL]

seth69

Rough_Rock
thanks for the comments, I am still scratching my head and undecided on this.. would anyone have more links to K-Faint Yellow or Brown on Rose Gold or White Gold?

Tks!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi!
Have you seen k in real life? I think you will have to do that to know what your color preferences are. You simply cant see diamond color from pictures! have you asked your gf? if not I think you have to find out her preferences (some way or another) because at k (or j) she will be able to notice tint (from the side at least) and some people do not like this. I like it, but that doesnt matter one bit if she doesnt.
Re metal color: I love the idea of a rose gold ring. If you want to enhance the k color, use rose gold prongs for the setting. If not, use white metal prongs.
And please come back to post pictures!! :appl:
/aca :wavey:

edited to add: if she has said she wants rose gold I dont think you should even consider a white metal ring! The color of the prongs can still be in white metal.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
What's the return policy? If you order it and see it in your typical lighting situations and don't like it, just return it.

I have a double certed GIA graded M VS1/AGS graded L VS2 Old European Cut that is in a setting with white gold prongs and a rose gold shank (it's not 'faint brown,' but it is a lower color than a K).

In some lighting, it looks very bright and creamy white from the top view. In dimmer lighting, it definitely looks warm and you can see body color from the side. I'll attach photos in different lighting so you can see the difference.

I think expectations will make a big difference in a case like this. If you are expecting it to look bright white in all lighting, I think you will be disappointed/unhappy, but if you have reasonable expectations that it will sometimes look warmer and sometimes have visible color, then I think that's fine. I knew an L/M color stone was what I wanted (and could afford in the size I wanted :lol:), so my expectations were reasonable and I was not disappointed.

gia_m_color_stone.jpg

gia_m_dim_light.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results